make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 11, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions on improving business

Suggestions on improving business 06 May 2009 03:17 #1

Lately with the economy going they way it has been going i have lost a good portion of my business due to the fact that either my customers are selling/giving away their horses or there switching to someone who is cheaper. Some of my customers have returned after finding out why the other guy is cheaper but only a few. As i am sure many of you experienced farriers have probably experienced the same thing i was wondering what suggestions you might have to help me spawn new business or get back some old customers. One of the idea's i have already bounced around is offering a discount on the first shoeing if they return.

Opinions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Suggestions on improving business 06 May 2009 03:21 #2

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
No to the discount. Don't go down that road.
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:Suggestions on improving business 06 May 2009 11:55 #3

Definately "no" to the discount. We shoe horses but don't forget this is business (your business). Get yourself back out there and advertise. Go back to the basics of talking to people and putting business cards out at different locations. Sell yourself and believe you are worth those rates. Don't go backwards or seem desperate or your customers will never respect you. IMO
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Suggestions on improving business 06 May 2009 13:40 #4

• calshoer
  • Guru
Do not discount the work. You will only get back the unreliable, non loyal customers who could quit you again at the drop of a hat. Just hang in there, advertize some if you need to and promote your experience and reliability. The better ones will come to you and make up for the ones that left.
As well maybe offer up newsletters, and little clinics on general hoof care or specialty talks on things like navicular syndrome or springtime laminitis to your current clients. You can do them by invitation as a pot luck, picnic or in the shop type setting. Word gets around fast that you are involved with your clients and more of their friends will want that kind if farrier.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Suggestions on improving business 06 May 2009 16:44 #5

Not that I like a lot of things the French do . . .
. . . But I heard about a French Landlord that after his Apartment was empty for a while,
Instead of lowering the rent, to attract renters,
Raised it . . .

. . . He figured to make up for lost income.
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Suggestions on improving business 06 May 2009 22:36 #6

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
My suggestion on improving business is improve your knowledge and skill. Improve yourself and you will be indispensible. Horses don't just disappear off the planet, they may change hands, but the new owner also needs a farrier. The man who taught me to shoe, shod through the depression and made a lot of money during that time. He said "Rich people will always pay to have their horses taken care of, even when there are poor people starving in the streets." If this economic situation is hurting your business, then you must be caterin' to the wrong clientele. Not that you need a book full of A-list celebrity millionaires, but the owners must regard their horses as a priority. Even some low rent type clients who may live in what appears to be a condemned shack, will have their lights cut off before they will let their horses' hooves get in rough shape. (But if everything you do is exceptional and above average then you'll not have to worry about this sort of thing anyway. )
Rick Talbert

RE:Suggestions on improving business 07 May 2009 01:04 #7

• Jim Sweeney
I agree with Rick. You may have to temporarily enlarge your current service area. Find concentrations of horses that you can travel to easily and pick up some work there, then work your way back home. I travel regularly to my families ranch in NM. It would seem like the last place on earth one could start a farrier business to me. When I drive to Tuscon to catch my plane home I will pass no less then fifty horse trailers, some as big as my house on I-10. The clients and the horses are everywhere out there. One of the pleasures of getting old clients back is charging them a few bucks more, so nix on the discounts, just better service maybe.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Suggestions on improving business 07 May 2009 01:09 #8

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Bradley-1stChoice wrote:
Not that I like a lot of things the French do . . .
. . . But I heard about a French Landlord that after his Apartment was empty for a while,
Instead of lowering the rent, to attract renters,
Raised it . . .

. . . He figured to make up for lost income.

I have a friend who makes furniture out of mesquite. He is very talented and the furniture is quite well made. When he initially went to sell the furniture, nobody bought it. The next time he went to the same place, he marked everything up 200% and sold everything. If you mark yourself as a discount shoer, people will think you are a discount shoer.
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:Suggestions on improving business 07 May 2009 01:53 #9

• Horshure
stay the course.....put a little bling to your jobs...the most important consideration is that your clientel feels important...make them feel important.

RE:Suggestions on improving business 08 May 2009 02:48 #10

thanks for the suggestions guys, they really help.

RE:Suggestions on improving business 08 May 2009 11:33 #11

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I agree with everyone else that you shouldn't discount in this situation and maybe raising prices is the thing to do.

I've lost a few clients over price the last couple of years but, looking back, each and every one of them was a pain in the butt! If they're looking for cheap, I can't help them.

I raised my prices substantially this year and it's working out ok. In the case of one account where distance is but one of the issues, I tried to quit. Long story short, I stayed but raised the prices WAY up. Silly me for not doing it last year or the year before.

RE:Suggestions on improving business 10 May 2009 08:50 #12

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
SHOOT ALL HOOFTERS ON SITE :eek:
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

Kunena Birthday Module

• bertfair birthday is today
  • By His Grace birthday is today
  • farrierhc@gmail.com birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is today
  • Hextall27 birthday is today
  • irons_shoer birthday is today
  • jrandolph birthday is today
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is today
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 1 day
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 1 day
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 1 day
  • texasgunsel birthday is in 363 days
  • alexbonnetfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • BeckiandBugs birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.