make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: racetrack shoeing

racetrack shoeing 12 Nov 2004 01:04 #1

• old heller
  • Contributing Member
hey all,iam thinking of going to racetrack to shoe.would like any feedback regarding $ at racetrack and any other words of advice re track.I don,t gamble so I got that one down.Thinking of being a snowbird fla.in winter up north in summer.any feedback and or advice would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:racetrack shoeing 13 Nov 2004 21:46 #2

Hi Old Heller,

I was just wondering, don't you think they'll need you to be able to offer them something at the racetracks? You may find shoeing performance horses is not always the same thing as slapping shoes on a horse.

Ronald Aalders

RE:racetrack shoeing 13 Nov 2004 23:07 #3

• calshoer
  • Guru
Racetrack shoeing is a whole 'nuther world. I lived at the track for about seven years and my ex was a trainer and plater . I did not shoe there, I could have taken the test but never wanted to.
For one, it is all licenced and controlled, so check out the requirements in your racihng jurisdiction(s). The state racing board will have information. There is usualy testing involved, so you have to learn al about racing shoeing,which is quite different from normal shoeing. . The only real way to do that (and to get started at all at the track) is to apprentice with an established track plater.
The money is real good at the big tracks, fair at the small tracks, but getting paid is sometimes another matter. Don't expect payment at the time of the shoeing, you usually have to bill once or twice a month just like the feed guy and the gallop boys. And once a trainer gets behind in payment , it is unlikely he will catch up very soon unless he runs into a winning streak(also unlikely with a second class trainer who can't always pay his bills.
As well ,the hours can be long with only rare days off. . You will need to be there VERY early, every day, to begin shoeing as the horses are still training in the mornings because there is always the spread hind shoe from the dink who kicked the wall last night, or the one who caught the foot in the stall webbing or whatever and HAS to go gallop this morning. Lost shoes mean lost trainign and a VERY angry trainer.
And when you have clients entered on a day it rains, you will be running around like a chicken with your head cut off changing shoes or driving mud nails.
And the horses feet are often ****, due to the frequent shoeing changes ,the pounding the take, and the daily baths.
And you will not have much say in how to shoe them, nor be allowed to shoe them in the manner that is best for the horse. Some trainers have their heads up their butts when it comes to knowing how to keep horses feet sound, and will dictate details of the the shoeing anyway. Good luck. IN my opinion it sucks to shoe at the track unless you are only in it for the money and don't give a **** abnout the horses. Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:racetrack shoeing 14 Nov 2004 03:48 #4

• sjfarrier
My advise, take some boxing lessons. You will need them when it comes time to collect whatever you charge.
Seems that nobody has any money when you do the job on a race track. At least around here.
Good Luck!
Steve Jones

RE:racetrack shoeing 14 Nov 2004 11:51 #5

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I used to do some race horses off the track. I even spent some time breezing them when I first started shoeing and didn't have enough work to live on...did other things like break horses, deliver pizza and muck stalls too. LOL

I was always under the impression that you needed an uncle in the mob or something to get you in on the track.

RE:racetrack shoeing 15 Nov 2004 17:16 #6

• old heller
  • Contributing Member
thanks for the feedback so far i was wondering if having a credit card machine set up would help me getting paid right away.thanks calshoer for the insight.Not sure what you mean Ron by being able to "offer them something"but I am all ears. thanks yall have given me somethings to think about.I do agree it isnt all about the money it is a good living but it is about the welfare of the horse.It sure beats sitting indoors all day and having phoney staff meetings and justifying my job to a bunch of phoney suits.

RE:racetrack shoeing 01 Jan 2005 20:42 #7

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Here are some inalienable truths about racetrack shoeing you should know before you go.
First you can’t “snowbird” Trainers expect you to be there at least 5 days, some places 7 days a week. You need to pick a circuit and stick with it (i.e. here in So. Cal. Santa Anita to Hollywood, to Del Mar etc.). Second, the credit card thing won’t work. You don’t know the actual owners and won’t in most cases have contact with them except when their horses run, then that’s not always a given. Dad and I (when I help him) bill most of the owners directly on a monthly basis (again i.e. if an owner has more than one horse you wait to bill until the string is done). After years of doing so he gave up billing trainers with a few exceptions. Third, every year you start over at some point with the green two year olds, who are the one’s that are libel to hurt you. Fourth, if you are going to make a go of it at the track you better know how to glue shoes on. It has become a very popular practice even on the horses that don’t need it. The big thing is you need to know how to do it. Last, Like Calshoer said, “it’s a whole nuther world”. If you haven’t got 5 years to make a go of this thing, then don’t do it. I have seen a lot of guys come and go not only here, but also elsewhere because they got starved out. You aren’t going to get the good barns when you get there. Your going to be lucky if you get to shoe a pony horse in the first 3 weeks.
I’m going to close by saying this. The big misconception about the track is that it’s just slapping shoes on and dubbing feet. But if you look at the guys who are there who have been there forever, you’ll find that they are outrages shoers with a ton of knowledge. Hoof problems at the track while not entirely unique to the track, are aped because the horse is expected travel at speed with all manner of traction devices, if you don’t have at least primary knowledge of how these devices work, then stay away till you do.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:racetrack shoeing 01 Jan 2005 20:50 #8

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
I was always under the impression that you needed an uncle in the mob or something to get you in on the track.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something, but it so not worth the agravation.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:racetrack shoeing 01 Jan 2005 20:57 #9

Hey Old Heller, I understand about staff meetings and faceing the suits, I get the impression that your just starting out or want to be a Farrier by your comments, don't underestimate the knowledge and skills required to get under a horse. If all your interested in is snow birding and not being indoors sitting in boreing meetings, I am sure you can find work with contractors in Florida, esp. after all the hurricanes. Just a thought, lot safer and you would probably get paid.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:racetrack shoeing 01 Feb 2005 17:32 #10

learn how to sedate!!!!!!!! legally of course

RE:racetrack shoeing 01 Feb 2005 18:13 #11

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
T.N. Trosin wrote:
I said wrote:
I was always under the impression that you needed an uncle in the mob or something to get you in on the track.

I was going to say something, but it so not worth the agravation.

I missed your post but why not say what you wanted to say? I stated what impression I have based on what I've heard. What is there to be agrivated about?

Been around Chicago much? I don't know about now but I remember when you couldn't tow cars, drive a cab, carriage or any number of other things unless you knew some one...let alone do anything on the track.

RE:racetrack shoeing 01 Feb 2005 19:07 #12

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
mikes_horseshoeing wrote:
learn how to sedate!!!!!!!! legally of course

Farriers unless they are also veterinarians with a license to practice in a given state, can never legally sedate a horse unless they own it.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:racetrack shoeing 04 Feb 2005 16:08 #13

• calshoer
  • Guru
"Farriers unless they are also veterinarians with a license to practice in a given state, can never legally sedate a horse unless they own it.
Rick"

And in the barn area of a state licenced racetrack, if you are caught in posession of a needle or an injectable drug you may find yourself banned. Only veterinarians can posses those items within the racing enclosure. The penalties are severe. Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.