make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday August 13, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada

Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 05 Apr 2009 16:44 #1

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55

Thankyou everyone for driving so far to come to this clinic.

Kim your pictures are something I am looking forward to.
I know what I saw from your camers was awesome.
(as soon as Kim has a chance to forward me the photo's they will be posted in the phot album section of this site)

We had 46 folks at the clinic if I remember correctly the last count.

Folks drove up from Rhode Island, Massachussetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, and we even had 3 folks drive down 5 hrs from Ontario, Canada.

Folks from this board in attendance were;
Dave Whitaker who brought two of his apprentices.
Kim Cassidy (Irishcas) came over from Orange County New York.
Erin drove up from Rhode Island.
Ken Wilder and Debra Ash and others drove up from Massachussetts.
The folks from Onario, Canada are contributors on this board and I had a chance to talk with all of them.
(They mentioned they are bringing Dr. "Tookie Myers" up to do a clinic and I hope to make it up for that)
I met Dr. myers and Baron Taylor years ago when they put on a clinic at the Miners Institute in New York and showed us how Sigafoo shoe's were used and applied.
This goes back when sigafoo shoe's first came out.

I know I am missing others and I am sorry, it is old age I think.

Mitch did an awesome job and held everyones attention.

It did my heart good to see we had a LARGE number of barefooters in attendance.
( Vermont Farriers Association was formed with the intent to bring ALL HOOF CARE PROFESSIONALS TOGETHER. We come together with ONE COMMON GOAL- to learn and advance as the professionals we are)

We also had a large number of Farriers.
I was and am constantly saddened by the MANY FARRIERS who never attend..
The chance to learn is there for everyone and our doors are and always have been open to ANYONE wanting to learn at a clinic or demonstration.

It was a long day and EVERYONE shared comments and idea's and listened intently.
We had 3 veterinarians and a large number of horse owners in attendance.

Meaders Supply, Lorraine and her husband had driven up from Rochester, New hampshire and set up a table of items to sell and to be a strong part of this clinic.
Meaders have been a member and STRONG supporter of the Vermont Farriers Association from the very beginning.
We are proud to have them as members and grateful for ALL THEY DO throughout the years.

Mitch gave a great beginning presentation of clips/pictures to lead into and help folks understand things better when the actual disection began.

A little while after he started to skin and cut the leg you had to be skinny and tall to get close to the table. Everyone was packed in tight around Mitch and rarely a erson moved for fear of loosing their spot.

In the beginning of the disection we had a cameraa focused on him and folks sitting could see the process on the screen.

Kim turned out to be our photographer and she put herself in many positions and contortions to get a series of photo's that would show much of what was going on.

Food was served for all, corn chowder,macaroni glop, chili,
and assorted veggies to munch on.

The day started at 8:30 with me parking cars and the clinic stated late around 9;30 as we figured the last of the folks had arrived.
It was 6:30 when we cleaned up the place, mopped the floor and put everything back and away.

It was snowing and being a wet snow it was a hazard to drive in.

We held our Assoc., meeting at the end and Mark Schneider was elected President, Diane Saunders is the new Treasurer and will continue to hold the Secretary position, Ken Norman will continue as Vice President and two Board members we elected. (me and Cory)

Skip Messick was sitting in on the meeting and his input and idea's were a great help.
For those of you who don't know Skip, he is a CJF and one of the nicest easy going gentelmen you will ever meet.
He has helped me in the past and others and being his nature, he will help many others in the future.

I drove home over the mtn and found cars slipping and sliding and know some of them weren't going to make it over the top. I drove around one pickup that had gotten as high as his tires and the snow would allow him near the peak of the mtn.
Farriers loaded truck /winter studded tires and 4 wheel drive took me home safely. Oh! yes and a damn good driver with common sense did his part too. (ME !!!)

Future coming events and clinics of VtFa;

We are smoothing out and co-ordinating the details for the up coming AFA certification.
We are planning a forging contest.
We discussed trying to get members of the AFA Farriers Team and WCB up here for a clinic and to help instruct.
We will be working on a horse owners educational day.

For those of you who are close to Vermont, Mark Schneider holds a hammer in at his home on the 3rd Sunday of each month. It is a relaxed time in his shop with lots of anvils ringing and good help and conversation and a chance to make new friends while improving your forging skills.

Education is what we are striving and continuing to bring to the north country.
Vermont Farriers Assoc. started as my baby and with the help, guidance, visions of all its working members it has grown and been in existance longer than anyone probably figured it would be.
With young blood like Mark Schneider coming in as the 3rd elected President I can see an even brightrer future for this
wonderful organization.
Without Founding members like Ken Norman, Diane Saunders,Anthony Peduto (who has taken a leave of absence to care for his father), nothing could have been accomplished.
The UNSELFISH DEDICATION these folks have given are what make Vermont Farriers Association.
With new members like Mark Schneider, Joe O'leary and other dedicated members it will continue to bring education to the north country.
Ken Wilder NEVER misses a clinic nor any opportunity to contrinue to learn. This man drives up from Mass. and is a member...
Southen New England Farriers Association, SNEFA has been not only a friend but a strong resource throughout the years of development.
John Blombach and Debra Ash and Jim Smith are always just a phone call away.
These are not only good people, but unselfish people always ready with a willing hand.
Thankyou to everyone !!!

my 2 cents worth
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

Bruce Matthews AFA #1300
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 05 Apr 2009 18:30 #2

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Bruce,
was there anything else going on for the day
or was it just a Disection
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 05 Apr 2009 18:48 #3

• ErinC123
Smitty the first half of the day was a power point presentation on the anatomy of the equine - from head to toe- inside and out.

Lots of time for Q & A - I learned more from some of the questions people had.
Mitch is very interesting he held the attention of the crowed the entire time.

After the Power point, was the demo on the limb under load with hair and without- before a trim and after.

Then the Dissection. Each part he Disseced he passed around, and there was time for Q & A on every part he cut.

I have to say I was very very happy to hear Mitch tell everyone to stop taken out so much sole, & over trimming the frog, among many other things.

Bruce thanks so much for the offer to travel with you, If I can get my life in order I will take you up on it. I can’t think of a better person to help me learn more and play with your nails! ;)
Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame.
2 Tim 1:7

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 05 Apr 2009 18:52 #4

• Ken Norman
Well said Bruce AMEN.
I took Mitch to the airport this morning, we rolled in his alum. tool box and put it on the scale, 88 lbs. The ticket agent says that will be 200.00 to send it to Lexington Ky. Now it only cost us 175 to get it up here. . Mitch told her that it contained tools ( a hydraulic press ) She must have pushed a button cause soon a couple of TSA agents showed up and wanted to see inside. We opened it and of course hydraulic oil had leaked out. The TSA agent had to call his supervisor, as we waited there I mentioned that I could send it by UPS for 40.00 or so, Mitch said that he didn't need it so I packed it up and took it home with me.

Smitty, We used the loading press to show what happens to a hoof capsule when it is loaded with 2500.lbs pressure. People could see the expansion in the heels, both on an untrimmed hoof ( one with lateral flares) and a trimmed hoof with the flares removed. We also added a 3 degree wedge pad to the heels and observed how that changed what happened to the pastern angle. Ultimatly blowing the suspensory .
" The smell of a horse is good for the soul of a man "

Ken Norman , CF
Thornwood Farm Equines and Farriery
1696 Warren Switch
West Pawlet Vt. 05775
802-353-0705 cell
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
thornwoodfarmequinesandfarriery.com
President of Vermont...

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 05 Apr 2009 23:55 #5

• Jim Sweeney
Ken Sorry I missed that. I did see Mitch last year and know he is a great speaker. Spring hit here hard this week and I spent the weekend flat on my back on a heating pad. I wish I could do the same amount of work spread out over 12 months. I will still be watching for upcoming events.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 00:38 #6

vthorseshoe wrote:
I was and am constantly saddened by the MANY FARRIERS who never attend..
The chance to learn is there for everyone and our doors are and always have been open to ANYONE wanting to learn at a clinic or demonstration.

Bruce Matthews AFA #1300

I wouldn't judge to harshly Bruce, people do what they can.

I wanted to attend this one, just to see old friends again and make new friends. I have had one of the slowest winters I have ever had, really hit us hard financially. Business is picking back up and my body is aching like Jim's. After a very hard week, sore back and all I worked Saturday. Sorry bud, but I have to cut hay while the sun is out and pay the bills. To make matters worse my wife is loosing her very much needed job. Sign of the times I guess.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 01:12 #7

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
NO NO NO Phil and Jim, not you folks.
I am talking about the hundreds of farriers in Vermont that are all over and yet have no interest in anyone else, but themselves. Staying isolated in their little worlds and not coming out to take part in any events OR clinics put on up here.

For the life of me i will never understand why they won't take advantage of the opportunities layed out for all of them......

my 2 cents worth
-but-

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 01:45 #8

• Ken Norman
For the life of me i will never understand why they won't take advantage of the opportunities layed out for all of them......

my 2 cents worth[/QUOTE]

Why Bruce, is because they think they don't need any help. Of the 3 - 5 that I allways ask, or tell about the many educational things we have had never have they come. My clients know that I do continuing ed. They arn't ****ed if I ask them if I can change an appointment to go to a clinic.
" The smell of a horse is good for the soul of a man "

Ken Norman , CF
Thornwood Farm Equines and Farriery
1696 Warren Switch
West Pawlet Vt. 05775
802-353-0705 cell
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
thornwoodfarmequinesandfarriery.com
President of Vermont...

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 04:18 #9

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
vthorseshoe wrote:

my 2 cents worth

Bruce, this fellow did a good job of explaining at least part of the reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSvtlrL6lEg

No doubt you guys had a great clinic. Wish I was closer and could have made it. Southwest Ohio Farriers Association just did a similar dissection clinic and has another hammer-in clinic coming up next month.

Local AFA chapters rock!

As for locals that don't take advantage of continuing education, well, it's disappointing, but it's their loss and ultimately provides those who do attend with a competitive advantage. There is power in knowledge.

Cheers,
Mark

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 04:54 #10

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Mark I am soooooo glad you are involved with the chapter in your area now..
If I had any part in taking you down the path of enlightenment I, ( You kept saying you couldn't find anyone to or willing to take you with them or help you so I introduced you to Tom and his cronie's)
will feel really good.
If I didn't then I am just plain happy to see you have folks to work and learn from and with.

my 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 12:59 #11

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
vthorseshoe wrote:
If I had any part in taking you down the path of enlightenment I will feel really good.

my 2 cents worth ;)

Feel good Bruce. You certainly did and do play a part in that ongoing enlightenment and I am in your debt.

Now, not to push my luck or appear to be afflicted with an entitlement attitude, could you do something about this nasty April weather?!?

Where's my GLOBAL WARMING!?!!! :mad:

Cheers,
Mark

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 13:57 #12

• irishcas
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Everyone:

Here are the pix from the clinic, they are in order of the taking. I included a few shots of the skyline in Bennington, VT as we were driving up Friday night.

The heel shots are of load being applied, then load being taken away. Both pre and post trim. I like the last shot of the weight coming off, caught the hoof popping up off the ground.

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/irishcas/Mitch%20Taylor%20Clinic/?

I'm sorry it's not on this site Baron, I would have had to resize the frame size of all the pix and upload 4 at a time, I dumped them up on Photobucket all in one shot.

Something else I'd love to discuss, there was some discussion between Mitch and my friend Sue Mellen on whether this is a pathological foot or not.

Love to hear more discussion by all of us here. I too would not categorize this as a healthy hoof. Yes the sole is quite thick and I bet with some diet changes and more frequent trimming the foot would have been healthier.

I'm also fascinated by what the extensor process is doing to the hoof capsule under load. If this mare's CB had been higher up in the capsule, as a healthy hoof would be, where would the extensor process hit during full load?

I love dissections :D

Okay seriously I'm outta here :)
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 18:34 #13

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
irishcas wrote:
...I'm sorry it's not on this site Baron, I would have had to resize the frame size of all the pix and upload 4 at a time, I dumped them up on Photobucket all in one shot.

I took the liberty of creating an album from the photos you put in Photobucket.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/album.php?albumid=96

It would be great if you (and others that attended) would go through the album when you have time, and use the Comments feature to elaborate on what the photos are demonstrating.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 06 Apr 2009 22:10 #14

• irishcas
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
He showed some PPT slides of that, but the question that was raised in the crowd was "How accurate it was without all the muscles, tendons and ligaments attached"
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

RE:Vermont clinic with Mitch Taylor drew huge crowd from multiple states and Canada 07 Apr 2009 01:02 #15

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
I got the pictures posted under my albums and also a group picture that was taken .

Bruce
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Appaloosa_64 birthday is today
  • Leonel WhitsittF509 birthday is today
  • MichaelBeckerF992 birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is in 363 days
  • jrandolph birthday is in 363 days
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is in 363 days
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 364 days
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 364 days
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.