make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rules for customers from the farrier

Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 07:50 #1

Ok, I have been having alot of my clients that are newer to horses trying to pull fast ones on me lately. Most of the stuff is common sense, if your horse fights you pay more. If you are late by an hour and a half I go home, the stuff that most of my clients understand. However for the select few that don't, I am planning on sending out a letter along with my updated pricelist in the mail. Keep in mind this is a rough draft, but I would like opinions. Also I really don't care if I make them mad because the ones that don't want to follow the rules will be going bye bye anyway. So no holds barred what do you think?

Farrier Requirements

1. Please ensure that horses are caught and ready to be worked on at scheduled appointment time. This includes cleaning of any mud on the horses legs and feet prior to the appointment time.
2. Please call prior to appointment time preferably 24 hours at minimum if there is a change needed for time or date.
3. Please notify at scheduling of appointment if there are any changes in the number of horses or if you will be changing from the normal work done on your horses. I.E. horse normally trimmed, but would like to shoe.
4. Please have payment ready at completion of job.
5. If your horse has special needs please notify at time of scheduling.
6. Please ensure that a safe and suitable area is available for work on horses.
7. Please ensure that someone will be there at scheduled appointment time unless arrangements have been made prior to appointment. First appointments owner or responsible parties must be present.
8. I am not a trainer, however I will work with your horses to a certain extent to provide hoofcare. I will charge the training rate of $25 per hour for these services plus the charge of the hoof care. If horses are deemed unsafe, I reserve the right to decline work.
9. I will recommend a schedule based on the needs of the animal to provide the best possible service. Most horse will need to have hoofcare every 6-8 weeks. If animals are severly overgrown, there will be an additional charge for extra labor.
10. Please give consideration when booking appointments to the timeframe you will need your animal for. I am not always able to schedule the day before a trail ride or competition, it is advised to book at least one week prior to avoid conflicting scheduling. Also keep in mind I do not work on Sundays. Also keep in mind that if you call for an appointment and get the answering machine, I will return your call as soon as possible, please leave a message with as much information as possible.

Thank you for your consideration, I strive to provide you and your horse the best possible service. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me or call me.
James Cockrell
I learn every day, most days the horse teaches me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 11:48 #2

• ocsmitty
I write one of these up every couple of months. Usually it sits on my desk-top until I just throw it away. I try to remind myself not to run off potential customers by trying to set the rules so tight. Not that I want to deal with any of the problems that your rules address. I just don't want to run a potential good customer off. That being said it may be easier to let them know in advance rather than getting p**sed off when problems arise and saying something you should not. I don't think any of your requests are out of line.
Stay safe
Bryant

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 14:30 #3

They look reasonable to me. The only change I would make is your charge for training. I charge my trim rate for every 15 min. it takes to work with the horse. 1 hour would be $160.00 and I rarely go over 15 min. at a time. Most horses that need training do not have a long attention span and I get better results when I end on a good note and reschedule for another day. Usually by the second or third visit the horse is better and the owner has picked up some good ways to work with their horse and continue the training in a positive and safe manner, which is more enjoyable for everyone.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 14:35 #4

Thanks, Phil I will keep that in mind, I wasn't sure really how to charge for that, I run into alot of younger horses thats mainly where this comes in, so that makes sense.
James Cockrell

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 15:02 #5

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
I used to send out a letter every year to my cleints with a list of stuff I "wouldn't put up with." :mad:

Now I OFFER TO PROVIDE everything on that list as EXTRA SERVICE OPTIONS that are exclusively availible to my clients. :D

1. Please ensure that horses are caught and ready to be worked on at scheduled appointment time. This includes cleaning of any mud on the horses legs and feet prior to the appointment time.

For a nominal fee I will go get the horse, clean off the mud, do the work, and return the horse to its paddock. I offer this "service" up front to every new client along with an estimate of the additional cost of this service. Quite a few are willing to pay extra for the convenience. Those who aren't willing to pay extra have the "option" of having their horses ready to go at the time of the appointment.

2. Please call prior to appointment time preferably 24 hours at minimum if there is a change needed for time or date.

I call 48 hours before every appointment and confirm the date and time of the appointment. If the client does not return my call and confirm the appointment, they don't go on the schedule. I also ask each client during each appointment "discussion" about their future plans for shows, trail rides, work schedule changes, riding frequency changes, vactions, etc.

I try to set expectaions not just for the current appointment needs, but also specifically ask the client to tell me about what they anticipate doing with their horses for the next few months so that I can plan to accomodate their future needs.

3. Please notify at scheduling of appointment if there are any changes in the number of horses or if you will be changing from the normal work done on your horses. I.E. horse normally trimmed, but would like to shoe.

Covered by item 2.

4. Please have payment ready at completion of job.

Offer the CONVENIENCE of credit card billing. End of collection problems. Begin better cash flow.

5. If your horse has special needs please notify at time of scheduling.

Covered by item 2.

6. Please ensure that a safe and suitable area is available for work on horses.

First appointment with a new client involves a work environment and horse behavior review. First appointment is $150 minimum (subject to waiver). Any "problems" are noted and we reach an agreement in regards to any changes required or extra compensation I may require to offset work envoronment or behavior issues.

7. Please ensure that someone will be there at scheduled appointment time unless arrangements have been made prior to appointment. First appointments owner or responsible parties must be present.

Covered by Items 2 and 6.

8. I am not a trainer, however I will work with your horses to a certain extent to provide hoofcare. I will charge the training rate of $25 per hour for these services plus the charge of the hoof care. If horses are deemed unsafe, I reserve the right to decline work.

$50 per 15 minute incriment. Also covered in Items 2 and 6. I've seldom gotten over $150 on a behavior issue. If I need more than 45 minutes extra time, then the behavior problem is something that requires the horse to go to a "dedicated training facility" for at least a month of "fluffbunny deprogramming." ;)

9. I will recommend a schedule based on the needs of the animal to provide the best possible service. Most horse will need to have hoofcare every 6-8 weeks. If animals are severly overgrown, there will be an additional charge for extra labor.

Covered by item 2. Standard summer schedule is 5 weeks. Go off schedule and pay off schedule rates.

10. Please give consideration when booking appointments to the timeframe you will need your animal for. I am not always able to schedule the day before a trail ride or competition, it is advised to book at least one week prior to avoid conflicting scheduling. Also keep in mind I do not work on Sundays. Also keep in mind that if you call for an appointment and get the answering machine, I will return your call as soon as possible, please leave a message with as much information as possible.

Covered by item 2.

If they decide the day before a trail ride they want shoes, I will schedule "overtime" to get it done. I'll even meet a client on the road . . . shod two horses in a highway rest area at 6:00am on a Saturday last year on the way to a trail ride. Client was happy to pay an extra $100. I've also met clients "on the road to replace" a lost shoe.

There's a truck driver somewhere out there that thinks AAA delivers "emergency roadside service" for horses that have a "flat tire." :rolleyes:
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 15:31 #6

• Kaydence
  • Very Senior Member
I like your ideas Tom. Great way to present your services without seeming like a cranky s o b. I just might do some plagerizing. :)

Cheri

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 16:59 #7

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
My approach is like Tom, I will do the things, but for a fee. For training, I take an hourly rate, which is the cost of a full shoeing. I'll go get the horse for a fee. Most people don't like to pay the extra fees, so things work out.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 18:31 #8

Hello DoubleC Farrier Service,

Since mid 1980's I have presented to every new client and yearly mail to every current client (along with an annual newsletter) a list of Respective Responsibilities. You may find them on my web page also. I also hand them out in my business lectures for any farrier to use in any way they desire. I hope this helps.

Blessings,
Esco Buff, PhD, CF

Respective Responsibilities

To get the best shoeing results, the Farrier and Customer have to work together in a cooperative effort.

The following is a list of Respective Responsibilities that will help enhance our working relationship.

Scheduling:

1. Everyone benefits from developing a consistent shoeing and trimming maintenance
schedule. It allows for accuracy in planning, record keeping and provides the optimum
results.
2. Before leaving the barn, I will schedule your next appointment at an appropriate
interval.
3. I do not normally work on weekends.
4. When working out my schedule, I try to allow enough time to deal with unforeseen
circumstances for all of my customers.
5. I ask for your cooperation with scheduling.
6. You will be notified if I’m going to be more than 15 minutes late for our appointment.
7. You must notify me if you will be late for our appointment or unable to make our
appointment.
8. Please show up early to your appointment in order to have your horse ready and
available by the scheduled appointment time.

Farrier Work Conditions and Horse Evaluation Procedures:

1. The scope of Farrier work is vast. In order for me to work comprehensively, it’s
important for you to recognize your ownership responsibilities. As the horse owner,
you are the primary care provider. Your frequent cleaning and inspection of the
horse’s feet and legs, and following the Farrier’s recommendations will help make the
rimming and shoeing process effective.
2. An appropriate place must be provided to trim and shoe your horse. The place must
be located inside (not outside), free of manure and mud, well lighted, flat and safe.
Safety for the horse and the Farrier is a joint responsibility.
3. The horse is my primary client and the needs of the horse are my first concern.
4. Have your horse ready, available, reasonably clean, dry and well mannered by the
scheduled appointment time.
5. If our appointment is during feeding times, please do not feed other horses while I’m
working on your horse. This only serves as a distraction to your horse and a hungry
horse does not stand well.
6. Do not apply hoof dressings just before I arrive for our appointment.
7. I do not refit the work of other Farriers.
8. I may ask to observe the horse in motion (Walk and/or trot). This will help me to
evaluate your horse's way of going, make needed corrections, assess lameness, etc.

Horse Behavior:

1. The horse will stand better and I’ll be able to work better, if you do not tie your horse up
for an extended time period.
2. If your horse is too energetic, I recommend that you lunge your horse before your
appointment.
3. It is your responsibility to discipline your horse if the horse is not behaving.
4. I work with every horse patiently. I do not employ brutality. The horse may smell or
nuzzle me, but I draw the line at them trying to eat me.
5. In the event a horse may aggressively bite, kick or strike at me, I may have to open
hand slap the horse in order to teach the horse that such behaviors are unacceptable.
6. If the Farrier work cannot be finished due to the horse’s behavior, then you will need to
call in a Veterinarian to tranquilize your horse. This may result in re-scheduling your
appointment to another day.

Fees and Billing Procedures:

1. Any expected changes in fees will be discussed before the Farrier work is started.
2. Fee variations are due to horse’s behavior, time and degree of corrections.
3. PAYMENT IS DUE UPON COMPLETION OF WORK. If for some unforeseen reason
that payment is not received, a net 10 day account will be established and a billing
payment fee of $25.00 will be added to the bill. A 1 ½ % service charge plus a $25.00
administrative fee will be applicable on all accounts for every 10 days past due.
Payment in full must be made before the next appointment. It is important to know
that it is my policy that I DO NOT normally bill for service. We except post dated
checks. A $2.00 a/day finance charge will be added to the bill for each day up to the
post date
4. FOR OUT OF STATE OR COUNTRY CUSTOMERS. TRAVEL EXPENSES
(Transportation fees, parking fees, etc.), ARE DUE UPON BOOKING OF
RESERVATION. I do not bill for this service.
5. Return check charges are $50.00.
6. I accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
7. I will replace a lost shoe (can’t be found) or a cast shoe (shoe that is found) as soon
as possible. Except for foundered or certain seriously injured horses, a lost or cast
shoe is not an emergency. I ask that you notify me at the earliest opportunity.

And......

this is where you would put a little about yourself, training, school, etc....
Esco Buff, PhD, APF, CF

631 Bay Road
Webster, New York 14580
(585)-298-6619
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.escobuff.com

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 19:00 #9

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Double C,
Been wondering if I should post, but here it is. First off, you're still a newby and that means the client list is still in the working stages of quality. Second, good clients will not have to be told or reminded of these simple, ethical requests, poor clients won't listen or understand your comments. Thirdly, you're feeling like most of us at times, you need to vent! :cool: Lastly, put it on paper, you'll feel better, let it sit, and throw it out. My attitude has always been to meet the client at least half way for a while, if they don't get it,......then they can get it with someone else. :) Welcome to the people side of farriery.
John

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 30 Mar 2009 21:26 #10

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Kaydence wrote:
I like your ideas Tom. Great way to present your services without seeming like a cranky s o b. I just might do some plagerizing. :)

Cheri
Heck, if you're going to plagerize then you may as well cut and paste:

http://blackburnforge.com/policy.htm

You're welcome to steal the EHP concept as well.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Rules for customers from the farrier 01 Apr 2009 02:03 #11

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It was pure frustration that spawned this, and in truth it is only about 10% of my clientelle that don't follow the rules. I have learned that I can deal calmly with just about any horse, but when it comes to people I have a short fuse. Thanks again everyone.
James Cockrell

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.