make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 18, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to get business signs for your shoeing rig?

How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 13:26 #1

Ive been trying to get a couple of large custom bumper stickers (or something along those lines) for my truck and trailer. I would like to get some new work and thought something as simple as an anvil or a horseshoe + my business name and number on the side/rear of my rig might do the trick. Ive looked on the net and haven't found what Im looking for-so how did you guys go about getting an advertisement on your shoeing rigs?
THanks for any help, Drew
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 13:34 #2

Sorry to repost but I shoe out of a cargo trailer so I dont know if paint would work very well on that flimsy skin.

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 14:09 #3

• ocsmitty
I got a set of 3 magnetic signs for about 100-150 bucks at a company called "fast signs" here in florida. I'm sure you could find something similar on the "net" and order it. I designed my in about an hour using power point and cutting and pasting pics from the net then emailed to the guy. The signs are 16 by 24 inches but I'm sure you could order them in any size.

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 15:26 #4

• Patty Lynch
Hi Drew,

I only have lettering, no other graphics right now. I got them at http://decalboy.com/ I did the windows on my truck and working on my trailer next. I was very happy with the quality, I can still go through the carwash, and they were a GREAT bargain. Plus it's fun as you do the design, yourself.

I will PM you a picture.
Patty Lynch
Whole Horse Hoof Care
Barefoot When Possible, Shoes When Necessary :)

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 16:01 #5

Hi Drew,

Shown below are 3 pics of decals a local sign man did for me. The barshoe/anvil is about 3' square, phone # appropriately sized and the other 2 are approximately 20" big. I didn't want to go with too much...staying under the radar with consideration for commercial vehicle plates. To date have not had any run-ins with the powers-to-be!

http://horseshoes.com/forums/album.php?albumid=24

All signage (setup and install) was $105.
Dale Hieber CF

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 17:18 #6

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey Drew,
Just go to a sign shop, they are everywhere, tell them exactly what you want and they will design it for you. You may want to think hard about putting signs on your rig. Most every farrier evolves through the sign phase from my experience. Initially we are all proud to be in business for ourselves and we want everyone to know it. We think it looks professional. I did the same thing. But I can tell you that the type of clients this sort of advertising attracts is not really what you want. You will be approached at gas stations, wal-mart parking lots, Mcdonalds, etc., people will scribble down your number at a red light as well. Most of these people cannot for one reason or another keep a farrier and they jump when they see a name and a number of someone new they haven't tried. If they were good owners they would not be looking to hire a farrier without knowing anything about him/her. By calling a random number they saw on some guys truck they are essentially saying, I don't care if he is good or if he knows what he is doing, if i can just get him to do my horse(s). Maybe they have 5 horses that are dangerous and they've been thru everyone in the area, maybe they bounce checks, maybe they want to find someone who they can instruct how to shoe their horse, maybe they are impossible to please, or they only do their horses once every year or two and your sign just jogged their memory into thinking "maybe I should get those horses done". What I'm trying to say is word of mouth is the best advertisement. Do a good job with the clients you have and act in a professional manner and in a very short amount of time you will be turning down business and s****ing those decals off your truck because you are so sick of returning calls to tell people you can't take on any more work. Look at the rigs of the best farriers and you will not see any lettering or signage. Unless you can spot a stonewell body you wouldn't know they were farriers. The reason why this is is because they are not hungry enough to advertise. Advertising puts you in the role of stepping into a situation where the owner will often be sizing you up and the burden is on you to establish a pecking order, you must prove yourself. Thats not a big deal, but I'd a lot rather step into a new situation that the owner already knows who I am, and what I can do, what I have done, how i run my business, etc. The pecking order has been established before you get out of the truck. I'd invest that money in going to clinics and buying quality tools. Nothing against people that do have there info on there trucks, but especially when you go overboard with the signage it looks a little desperate. We are farriers not plumbers. :)
Rick Talbert

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 17:42 #7

• Clint Burrell
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Have to agree w/ Mr. Talbert. If you really want a sign, design one you like and leave off your phone #. I've had good luck w/ vinyl signs.

Clint
Clint Burrell

"You say your from collage,
but you don't seem to bright.
You just brought a swichblade
to a pistol fight"
Move On by Chris Knight

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 18:52 #8

Thanks for the info.
Drew

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 03 Mar 2009 20:36 #9

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
Rick Talbert wrote:
Hey Drew,
Just go to a sign shop, they are everywhere, tell them exactly what you want and they will design it for you. You may want to think hard about putting signs on your rig. Most every farrier evolves through the sign phase from my experience. Initially we are all proud to be in business for ourselves and we want everyone to know it. We think it looks professional. I did the same thing. But I can tell you that the type of clients this sort of advertising attracts is not really what you want. You will be approached at gas stations, wal-mart parking lots, Mcdonalds, etc., people will scribble down your number at a red light as well. Most of these people cannot for one reason or another keep a farrier and they jump when they see a name and a number of someone new they haven't tried. If they were good owners they would not be looking to hire a farrier without knowing anything about him/her. By calling a random number they saw on some guys truck they are essentially saying, I don't care if he is good or if he knows what he is doing, if i can just get him to do my horse(s). Maybe they have 5 horses that are dangerous and they've been thru everyone in the area, maybe they bounce checks, maybe they want to find someone who they can instruct how to shoe their horse, maybe they are impossible to please, or they only do their horses once every year or two and your sign just jogged their memory into thinking "maybe I should get those horses done". What I'm trying to say is word of mouth is the best advertisement. Do a good job with the clients you have and act in a professional manner and in a very short amount of time you will be turning down business and s****ing those decals off your truck because you are so sick of returning calls to tell people you can't take on any more work. Look at the rigs of the best farriers and you will not see any lettering or signage. Unless you can spot a stonewell body you wouldn't know they were farriers. The reason why this is is because they are not hungry enough to advertise. Advertising puts you in the role of stepping into a situation where the owner will often be sizing you up and the burden is on you to establish a pecking order, you must prove yourself. Thats not a big deal, but I'd a lot rather step into a new situation that the owner already knows who I am, and what I can do, what I have done, how i run my business, etc. The pecking order has been established before you get out of the truck. I'd invest that money in going to clinics and buying quality tools. Nothing against people that do have there info on there trucks, but especially when you go overboard with the signage it looks a little desperate. We are farriers not plumbers. :)

Rick this is all great infor and I have been told the same thing by some of the local farriers.

However, my personal feelings are this. While word of mouth may be best. We are in a diffrent world today than we were 10 years ago. Today's society is very busy and I think the rely on advertilzing more than in the past to find the service they need. They frequent sites like Crigs list or just using a search on the internet to find service they need. I also think they pay attention to signs on vehicles also.

Here is my experiance.

Last year I did not hang any signs in the stores or leave any cards on bulltin boards, no advertising at all, and although my buisness did grow some, it did not grow as well as I would have liked, and not at all like I had the year before when I advertized. I contribute this to the type of clients I currently have.

I mostly have back yard horse owners who for the most part don't use their horse but want to do what right for their horse, they like the fact that I keep them on a schedule and always call the night before to let them know I will be out the next day. These type of customers don't usually associate with other horse owners like those who board their horses or participate in shows/other type horse events. So for the most part I don't get many referrals from these type people. If I do it usually their neighbor or a close friend.

For this reason I have been thinking of advertizing again as well as placeing signs on my truck. My personnal thoughts when I hear people say what you said, is money from these type of people is just as green even if its only a one deal. However, my experiance has shown me that I usually see these types more than once and some have become long term customers due to the service I offer.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 04 Mar 2009 03:01 #10

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
I see your point. I think things may be different in other parts of the country than my own. If you are for example working in an isolated rural part of the country the communication between horse owners may be less than if you were somewhere else. The farrier to horse owner ratio also comes into play in other parts. I have been blessed to be in an area that is farrier deprived, lol. So I may take for granted that the rest of the country is the same. I guess one thing that bothers me is that I've seen a few rigs that have so many stickers and lettering on them it looks like the circus is coming to town. I've also seen farriers just starting out with "corrective" and "therepeutic" plastered on every surface. To each his own. But if I were giving advice to a young farrier, I'd say take the "field of dreams" approach, "if you build it they will come".
Rick Talbert

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 04 Mar 2009 03:28 #11

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Had this made for my van. I didn't have no phone numbers on. One person said I needed some numbers, or words. I said the people who know what it means - there is no problem. The ones who don't know what it means don't need to talk to them.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=169
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 04 Mar 2009 04:26 #12

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
In my travels I have received some good business that crossed my path because of my lettering on the side of my rigs.

Back when I first got started shoeing, I was told that the only way that I was able to deduct expenses on my vehicle for tax purposes was to have appropriate lettering on my vehicle. I didn't know any better then.....:o I have been able to write off my lettering for taxes as well.

I guess when I get a new rig I will maybe keep in a little more incognito.
Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.
www.Hallshorseshoeing.com

He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. ~Confuscius

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 04 Mar 2009 10:46 #13

• Guy_Buck
Hey guys, remember that when you place lettering and phone numbers on the side of your vehicle, legally you become a commercial vehicle. In my state that means commercial vehicle registration, and with some insurance companies there may be change in rates.

Something to think about,

Guy

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 04 Mar 2009 15:08 #14

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
My insurance company classified me as commercial when I took of my truck bed and but on the work topper. Cost did not go up more but I no longer can have towing.

As far as state registration Idaho did not classify it as commercial due to the size.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:How to get business signs for your shoeing rig? 04 Mar 2009 23:51 #15

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I am going to get in trouble with Baron for posting pictures here but when I click on User CP there is no add album to the right side of the screen. When I click on pictures in the left column it come to the add album screen. click on it and you can title it but it has no instructions for loading pictures? I right click and the only options are delete and something else not related to loading pictures. Anyway a lady once asked me if I was a plumber from the decal of a bar shoe on the side of my truck.
Attachments:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• David Gill birthday is today
  • Jerry Downs birthday is today
  • my_quantum birthday is today
  • Omega Donisi birthday is today
  • Shelly Peterson birthday is today
  • Eric Fox birthday is in 1 day
  • FolsomBlues birthday is in 1 day
  • hezahottass birthday is in 1 day
  • s_steinberg birthday is in 1 day
  • Aaron Roberts birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.