make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday August 13, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who Is Grant Moon?

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 16 Oct 2009 03:33 #16

I would never do that! :D

Oh did I mention he was inducted into the hall of fame in Calgary this year? Even the president of the event danced with my niece, was cool to see. I was not there but I did get to see the pictures last time my sis came of the Calgary stampede and his farrier competition, which he did not win but made a good showing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 16 Oct 2009 11:37 #17

• KCmicrobiologist
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
RiderinBlack "There is a one day seminar for Veterinarians and Farriers being held by Grant Moon on the 12/11/04."

Could someone post more details about this seminar?

I am going to be in NZ for the month of November and would like to attend this seminar if it is held on the North Island.
Patrick Funk

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 16 Oct 2009 13:44 #18

• calshoer
  • Guru
Ummmm....this thread was begun five years ago. :D
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 16 Oct 2009 14:26 #19

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Just demonstrates what I'm always telling people, that people really dig through the older posts as well for information.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 16 Oct 2009 22:33 #20

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Grant Moon is the son of Mr&Mrs Moon....and they may be called The moonies

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 17 Oct 2009 02:58 #21

Ray_Knightley wrote:
Grant Moon is the son of Mr&Mrs Moon....and they may be called The moonies
I would call him Mr. Moon

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 17 Oct 2009 03:14 #22

• unbridled
FYI -- Here is the transcript of my UnbridledTV interview with Grant Moon, the video will go live next week! He is a living treasury of practical knowledge. Enjoy, Susan.

GRANT MOON INTERVIEW:

SUSAN: How did you get started and how did you end up here?

GRANT: Lots of luck, we all need a little bit of luck and then capitalize on it -- I was a Welsh apprentice. I did my 4 year apprenticeship in Wales. I had a big desire to be good at my industry. I came to America in the early 80s originally and competed. I learned how to give seminars and learned a lot about horseshoeing in the States, it really broadened my horizons meeting the guys here. I have been on the Welsh Farriers Team and The American Farriers Team. I have had an extensive competition career and have had a very busy farrier practice along with it at different times. It is challenging to balance it all, I have now.

SUSAN: Which competition events are the most memorable and why?

GRANT: There have been so many. Winning at Calgary multiple times. Last year one of my highlights was winning the individual competition at Stoneleigh International. I won it the first time they had it there and the last time 23 years apart, so that is a pretty good highlight to still be pretty current after 23 years.

SUSAN: Who has influenced you the most throughout your career and why?

GRANT: I was very fortunate I had a very good master Steve Langford, he gave me a lot of opportunities when I was young to work with other people. I had some good mentors in Wales like Tommy Williams. You can go down a whole list of people. I served my apprenticeship at the same time as Billy Crothers and we were at college together, so we fed off each other worked hard to beat each other -- a bit of friendly competition.

People like Edward Martin, Randy Luekhart, Bob Pethick, there are many, many guys I have learned from; I try to take a little bit from everybody.

SUSAN: What skills do you feel you have honed and improved on personally with so many years at the anvil?

GRANT: I would say the most import thing I have is discipline and it is with the basics, without the very, very basic skills of using a rasp, a knife or nippers and being able to see what you‘ve done before you do it. If I am trimming a foot I need to be able to visualize the finished product -- I am not trimming away to see what I get -- I’m trimming away the excess to get where I see the foot.

SUSAN: What can farriers do to help themselves see things this way?

GRANT: Get some knowledge of anatomy so you know what the structures look like. Know when they have become compromised so you understand, for example, what a collapsed heel looks like on the inside, as well as, the outside. Know anatomy so you know what effect you are having on the foot when you are manipulating it. You can either manipulate it in a negative direction, which is probably what happened to collapse the heel or you can manipulate in a positive direction. Either way it’s a form of manipulation -- we are changing the shape of the foot.

SUSAN: When you are making Competition Shoes, are you thinking about nailing that shoe on a hoof?

GRANT: I have always looked at understanding what the shoes are made for because then you’ll understand why the nails are positioned like they are and you not just mimicking something - you understand the use of the shoe which makes it much easier - you understand where the nail holes are going to go and what you are trying to accomplish. You are not forging a piece of steel and seeing what comes out, you already have the picture in your mind of what the finished product looks like.

SUSAN: What advice do you have for farriers who look to you as a role model?

GRANT: Be fanatical! I spent many years very fanatical about my industry. You have to be fanatical about every part of it…Have fun with it and work hard to develop your skills.

SUSAN: If you could have one super-power what would it be?

GRANT: HUMILTY ….. All of the a**es you kick on the way up you have to kiss on the way down! So I try to make as many friends as I can.

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 17 Oct 2009 03:39 #23

• sjfarrier
I attended the "Spring Warmup" in Tampa, FL in 1998 . Grant Moon was the Judge at that clinic and competition. What a "class A guy". Very one on one oriented with great skill as an educator.
Steve Jones

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 17 Oct 2009 03:48 #24

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
RiderInBlack wrote:
I don't want to affend anyone, I just want to know if he is the real McCoy.
From what I have heard, Mr. McCoy wishes he was as good as Grant Moon.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 17 Oct 2009 11:28 #25

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
I know I got to attend a clinic with Grant in Ireland. Was a very good time for me. He is super with the forge, working with the horse, and explaining what he does. He is also a down to earth guy to have a beer with.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 18 Oct 2009 19:36 #26

Cyber Farrier wrote:
Just demonstrates what I'm always telling people, that people really dig through the older posts as well for information.

Baron

That is scary. :eek:
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 18 Oct 2009 19:39 #27

Bill Adams wrote:
From what I have heard, Mr. McCoy wishes he was as good as Grant Moon.

Did he ever resolve his issue with Mr. Hatfield. So much drama, probably why he could not spend the time in the fire like Mr. Moon.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 18 Oct 2009 22:33 #28

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Just came back to night from a clinic at Billy Crothers
were Grant Moon and James Blurton gave a clinic

Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 19 Oct 2009 01:50 #29

• Box Forge
  • Thank you received: 1
I would call that a "super clinic" smitty.
Phillip Box, Jr., CJF
AFA#9007

RE:Who Is Grant Moon? 19 Oct 2009 07:12 #30

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Box Forge wrote:
I would call that a "super clinic" smitty.

yes it was a good week-end
i have pics and video
if i get a chance i will try get them on here

Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• Appaloosa_64 birthday is today
  • Leonel WhitsittF509 birthday is today
  • MichaelBeckerF992 birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is in 363 days
  • jrandolph birthday is in 363 days
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is in 363 days
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 364 days
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 364 days
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.