make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday December 1, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Helpers as subcontractors??

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 14:39 #16

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The IRS could be watching this thread!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 15:35 #17

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
I wonder if the IRS still pays a bounty for tax cheats?
Could be a source for additional income and it would get rid of those pesky low price/cash only wannabes that pop up every spring.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 17:21 #18

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't know about the IRS but I sure wish someone would listen and give some thought to the damage done by our ridiculous tax code.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 17:39 #19

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
fairtax.org

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 18:20 #20

• calshoer
  • Guru
I read George's ad as the the intern was to pay HIM for the education, and also pay George for housing if needed, not the other way around. It seems to me that as long as the "tuition" is reported to the IRS as income, there should not be any problem with that agency.
So the problems associated with this would fall into the realm of dealing with your liability insurance.
I know that Markel for example differentiates between an apprentice, helper and subcontractor. You have to pay more insurance for having someone with you, and the amount depends on how the "intern" is classified" for the insurance companies purposes.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 18:51 #21

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Bill Adams wrote:
fairtax.org

I read through the site except for the PDF's. Last time I tried to install adobe my comuter crashed and it took me a few days to get it back. We aren't doing that again. LOL

Anyway, I don't agree with tieing taxes to consumption any more than I do income or property value.

The only fair tax is one where every eligeable tax payer pays an EQUAL share of the debt. If you know how much money you're going to spend and how many tax payers you have, it's a simple devision. It's none of the governments business how much you make, what your home is worth or what you spend.

If you want to live here and have the same benefits as everyone else, you pay your share. Simple as that, yet folks who are successful aren't penalized for it by being forced to pay someone elses way. At the same time, dead beats don't get a free ride.

That individual tax bill, of course, needs to be an amount that people can afford. That means that the government MUST get by on what they can afford like the rest of us do.

As it is, they just keep spending. After they spend, they go looking for a group wealthy enough and/or politically weak enough to get the money from without much of a fight.

In the mean time, where is all the money going? There's no meaningful accounting and there certainly is no accountability.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 20:31 #22

• Dave Whitaker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
calshoer wrote:
I read George's ad as the the intern was to pay HIM for the education, and also pay George for housing if needed, not the other way around. It seems to me that as long as the "tuition" is reported to the IRS as income, there should not be any problem with that agency.

That's his second add...no problem with that one....it is his first ad looking for an apprentice that I don't think you could make work the way he proposed it without legal problems.....

You are right though about the insurance side being complicated by this as well.

Dave

"Everything is for sale......some are just harder to buy than others......"

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 20:36 #23

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Dave Whitaker wrote:
You are right though about the insurance side being complicated by this as well.

Dave

Why not let them carry their own insurance?

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 20:54 #24

• Dave Whitaker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Mike Ferrara wrote:
Why not let them carry their own insurance?

That's fine..... no harm in that at all.....but I don't think it will matter much on your own rates.

I know that the rates for my commercial liability insurance on MYSELF are affected by whether or not I have someone working with me, in my "care, custody, or control" . I think that's what Patty was referring to.

If they show up in your truck, use your tools, work on your horses, under your direction, I'm afraid you own 'em. Call them whatever you want, they are employees.

Dave

"Everything is for sale......some are just harder to buy than others......"

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 26 Jan 2009 20:58 #25

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Dave Whitaker wrote:
That's fine..... no harm in that at all.....but I don't think it will matter much on your own rates.

I know that the rates for my commercial liability insurance on MYSELF are affected by whether or not I have someone working with me, in my "care, custody, or control" . I think that's what Patty was referring to.

If they show up in your truck, use your tools, work on your horses, under your direction, I'm afraid you own 'em. Call them whatever you want, they are employees.

Dave

Got it.

I hadn't really thought of that when I posted.

So in addition to our tax code we can add tort law/insurance to the list of deterrents.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 27 Jan 2009 13:52 #26

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
When I first started out I hired more experienced farriers as subcontractors to work for me. I scheduled the work, paid for all the expenses, and paid the subcontractor a flat $600/day fee.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 01 Feb 2009 23:57 #27

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Bradley-1stChoice wrote:
the way you all talk, one would believe
that IRS workers wear revolvers slung low on their leg.

They generally carry semi-automatics under their coat and have the SWAT teams do the real dirty work. This is true.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 22 May 2011 19:25 #28

Interesting stuff, and a well informed compilation.

Lets say two farriers (both skilled tradesmen working to help one another) work out all the details for one to be a subcontractor. How would you work out the pay.

I am looking at a couple of big barns out of state, most of the tools are on site, I will be purchasing and managing the supplies needed to do the work.

One barn I would need to drive my rig out, supply the inventory and my buddy would meet me there.

Any thoughts on how to split the spoils?
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 22 May 2011 19:51 #29

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a one rate for the day .. All costs covered ,he bills me for the day over his books as farrier work .
I stand for everything that could happen ,he just does a days work .

This will slowly stop as he gets more work ,so take care that you don't have more work on your books than you can cover at a push alone ,and having the guy with you is a bonus with the reward for your work and a little extra from what he does .

It sure is a matter of trust to.

RE:Helpers as subcontractors?? 22 May 2011 20:18 #30

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Jason RoTramel wrote:
Interesting stuff, and a well informed compilation.

Lets say two farriers (both skilled tradesmen working to help one another) work out all the details for one to be a subcontractor. How would you work out the pay.

I am looking at a couple of big barns out of state, most of the tools are on site, I will be purchasing and managing the supplies needed to do the work.

One barn I would need to drive my rig out, supply the inventory and my buddy would meet me there.

Any thoughts on how to split the spoils?

A friend of mine and I work together quite a bit. In some cases, it's at barns where we both have clients. We work together, I bill for mine and he bills for his. He's had some injuries and time off in the last few years so, at one time or another, I've billed many of his clients. At the same time, much of my work was his at one time. The only thing I'm getting at here is that we can just split the billing how we see fit and most clients wouldn't think anything of getting the bill from "the other guy".

I also work with him on one large account that he took back after his last lay-off. I drive to his place, throw my box and a few things in his truck and he drives from there. Since it's his account, his materials and he does the driving, we split accordingly. He bills the client and files, and copies me with, a 1099.

As far as I can tell, it meets the IRS requirements of a subcontractor, though, maybe I should be invoicing him for the work I do?

In any case, the taxes are paid. He doesn't pay WC on me but nobody pays it for me the rest of the week either.

In case none of you has noticed, our government is sucking up all the productivity. They profit more from our labvor than we do just as they make more on a gallon of gas than the oil companies.

Just take comfort in the fact that Obama's wife and kids really enjoy the European tours on AF2 that we finance for them.
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• DogwoodFarm birthday is today
  • DressageReine birthday is today
  • ElCamino birthday is today
  • FarrierNTexas birthday is today
  • mark_jakopak birthday is today
  • Matt McMicken birthday is today
  • Matt_McMicken birthday is today
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 1 day
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 1 day
  • JessyJay birthday is in 1 day
  • min54teresa birthday is in 1 day
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 1 day
  • caballus birthday is in 2 days
  • jakethepaint birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.