make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 11, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What to study and know before school???

What to study and know before school??? 04 Dec 2008 21:00 #1

Hello everyone. I am planning on going to school in the spring to become a farrier, and I want to be prepared and learn everything I can before I go. I was just curious what a person should study or know before they go? I have been going over anatomy of bones and nerves and been watching this board to try and learn as much as I can. What else can I do to make sure I am full prepared? Any information or tips on any aspect of the business would be greatly appreciated. Thanks K.C.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:What to study and know before school??? 04 Dec 2008 21:53 #2

• calshoer
  • Guru
Horsemanship, breeds and disciplines.
The school (if it is a good one) should teach you all the other basics you need to know to get started at an entry level in the business.
Oh yeah..... did I mention horsemanship? Lack that and you will fail at this business no matter how well you can make or apply a shoe. . :D
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:What to study and know before school??? 05 Dec 2008 03:41 #3

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Hey KC, welcome.
Ask the school what text book they use, get it and know it.
Get with some Farriers to ride along with. Don't get in they're way, don't ask questions in front of coustomers, don't talk in front of coustomeres unless spoken to. Clean up. Buy lunch.
As Patty said, be a horseman. You should get into Farriery because you're a horseman, not learn about horses so you can be a Farrier.
What school are you going to? Feel free to ask anything here.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:What to study and know before school??? 05 Dec 2008 14:23 #4

Patty, Bill thank you both for your replies. Yes I handle horses on a daily basis riding colts, checking cows, and a little bit of roping. And have been around horses all my life. I have picked the brains of a few farriers who have been very helpful. I am planning on going to Shur Shod school. What are your thoughts on this school???? Where would I be able to get the textbook from that they will use. Do either of you recommend a text book to study from?? Thank you again.

RE:What to study and know before school??? 07 Dec 2008 03:54 #5

• Bill Adams
  • Master
Shur Shod (should be Sure) is hooked up with the bwfa. They are a crackpot outfit that I wouldn't mess with. You can probably just buy a certification from them when you have some money you want to waste.
Go to Hartland. It's close to you and Chris is one of the most skilled Farriers in the world, and a gifted teacher.

RE:What to study and know before school??? 07 Dec 2008 09:04 #6

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Easy Bill, in private we can make statements like that, but on an open forum that could be trouble in the shadows.

KC, there are a lot of schools out there. Some are very good and some are not so good.
I only know about some schools through the reputation yhave had over the years.

Kentucky Horse shoeing school- great background on anatomy and all the rest
Also a long time wanted clinician all over the world.
Mitch Taylor just built a new school in kentucky.

Heartland Horse shoeing school- Chris Gregory is one of the few in the USA to pass the exams in England. Also a wanted clinician all over.
Also one of the nicest person's you will meet in a life time.
His son Cody is one of the youngest qualified farriers in the industry coming up.

Butlers School in Nebraska- the god-father of the shoeing book used in the majority of schools teaching farriery.
Also passed all the exams in England.
Doug Butlers tapes and educational material has helped and still helsp farriers all over the world.
His son was also one of the youngest qualified farriers in the industry years back.

These are three of the most recognised schools and well worth the money spent.

Money can be spent to make money or money can be spent to get something cheaply.

What ever you spend on a school, it is the effort you put into learning that is going to reap you the benifits of a good business, recognitiona as a qualified farrier, and a very good income in the end.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:What to study and know before school??? 07 Dec 2008 12:47 #7

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
vthorseshoe wrote:

Also a long time wanted clinician all over the world.
Mitch Taylor just built a new school in kentucky.

Chris Gregory is one of the few in the USA to pass the exams in England. Also a wanted clinician all over.

Is that like "Wanted, Dead or Alive" or "Wanted, Young Men Single and Free"? :p:D

[/quote]Butlers School in Nebraska- the god-father of the shoeing book used in the majority of schools teaching farriery.[/quote]

So, Doug Butler = the godfather of sole, and
James Brown = the gotfather of soul, right? :)
What ever you spend on a school, it is the effort you put into learning that is going to reap you the benifits of a good business, recognitiona as a qualified farrier, and a very good income in the end.

True words my brother, true words.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:What to study and know before school??? 07 Dec 2008 17:18 #8

• Bill Adams
  • Master
vthorseshoe wrote:
Easy Bill, in private we can make statements like that, but on an open forum that could be trouble in the shadows.
my 2 cents worth ;)

Good point Bruce, I'll try again.
I was so happy that the bwfa was willing to recieve my money to become a Certified Journyman Farrier.
At the time I was a Journyman Welder with several Certifications. It took me almost four years of working to standards as a fabracator welder, with training and testing to become a Journyman Welder.
After two and a half months at OHS, with no profesional experence, I took and passed the bwfa cjf test. The fellow testing on the horse beside mine had a few problems with his triming and nailing but he passed too because as the tester said; "the horse didn't bleed that much".
The bwfa has had many "deals" available in which you can send a check and recieve a certifacation. They also had a deal that you could send a check and get your name on the wall of their "hall of fame" as a contrubetor.
I don't know the names any more, though I believe someone on the boards here dose, but a couple of fellows bought journyman certifications for their dog. They actualy recieved the crtificates.
Now it could be said that a wise Farrier should network with others and to have another CJF riding with you to each barn could be an advantage. Need a second oppionion? just ask your certified dog; "where should I put the shoe?", to wich your cjf companion would enthusiasticly awnser "wHOOF!!!, wHOOF!!!!"

RE:What to study and know before school??? 12 Jan 2009 03:01 #9

I am going to Heartland Horseshoeing School in July. i have met Chris and he is indeed one of the nicest guys there is. and knowledgable! facilities are GREAT! good price! worth my travel...i'm in Houston...i can't wait for school. as for my personal preparation. i am trying to study, And absorbe AND memorize as much as possible of three books:

1. Principles of Horseshoeing P3, Doug and Jacob Butler
2. Adam's Lameness in Horses, Ted S. Stashak
3. Anatomy of the Horse, Budras, Sack, and Rock

I hope that helped.

Andrew

RE:What to study and know before school??? 16 Mar 2009 19:09 #10

• Dan Puckett
  • Contributing Member
Diamond E- I am biased toward KHS, as I went there, made lots of great contacts and saw a variety of horses, shoeing and forgin techniques, and in general, learned a LOT in the 6months I was there. I almost passed all of the AFA Certified Farrier tests after 15weeks, with absolutley no prior experience.

But, Kentucky may not be the school for you. Check out a lot of schools. It will cost money in fuel, hotels, food, etc, but you will be getting the basis for your career from the school you attend and the people you work with before and after school. That said, I think 16weeks is the absolute BARE MINIMUM anyone needs to attend to become even a fair to decent farrier- 6-12mo would be much better. There is just too much to learn and practice to get it well and consistently in any less time. My 16wk criteria narrowed the field considerably.

In regards to what to study- anatomy and biomechanics. Know your tendons, ligaments, bones, blood supply and nerves. Know how trimming this way or that will affect the movement and load on the hoof capsule, joints, etc. It isnt hard, there is just more than the casual horse owner could ever dream of. It also wont hurt to know some background and basics on the many disciplines and styles of riding/ usage. Get P2 and P3 by Butler. I've heard that P2 is better organized, but P3 is also a good book.

vthorseshoe- new KHS facility isnt done yet- ice storm slowed it down, along with the usual technical difficulties/ red tape. I think they are shooting for mid-summer at the moment. Rumor has it they will offer a 9mo course, and work up to a longer course later on. From the blueprints I saw, it is going to be MUCH nicer than the old dilapidated facility they are in now.

Dan
Dan Puckett, CF

Kunena Birthday Module

• bertfair birthday is today
  • By His Grace birthday is today
  • farrierhc@gmail.com birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is today
  • Hextall27 birthday is today
  • irons_shoer birthday is today
  • jrandolph birthday is today
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is today
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 1 day
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 1 day
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 1 day
  • texasgunsel birthday is in 363 days
  • alexbonnetfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • BeckiandBugs birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.