make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday December 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 18 Dec 2004 22:29 #16

• Karen B.
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Geeze....thanks for the vote of confidence Shoesofiron.Maybe those of us who start late are doing it for the love of the trade and not the money to be made......possibly this could make the difference.I'm not going to be out to make a quick buck.To many of those around this area. :rolleyes:
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 19 Dec 2004 04:29 #17

OK, Karen is tough :). Karen have you found a school yet? How about Danny Wards school near Virginia, great school and Dannie Ward is also great. Still pretty close. 30 is not old, but your going definately going to find muscles you never knew you had, I did and they still ache. I also found that shoeing for a liveing does not help my abs, pot belly and strong back :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 19 Dec 2004 06:19 #18

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Phil Armitage wrote:
I also found that shoeing for a liveing does not help my abs, pot belly and strong back :)

Phil,

Ya' just gotta look at it in the right light. Its not a pot belly at all. As I tell my daughter, why would I settle for a six pack(abs) when I can have a pony keg? :D Especially one that comes with a non-clogging spigot.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 20 Dec 2004 01:29 #19

We have quite a few of us in maine who came to farriery in our 30's as corporate refugees. Phil and myself you know from the boards. 2 who don't post here (and are excellent farriers) are Ann Melville and Fred Bowers. Freds one of the few CJF's in maine and has helped me a great deal with forge work. But the best tip fred ever gave me was find a very good massage therapist and get a theraputic deep tissue massage every 2 weeks. I can't tell you what a difference it makes! I also took up Yoga and find that indespensible as well. I consider myself an aging athlete and take a sportsmedicine approach to my shoeing career.

george
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 20 Dec 2004 12:32 #20

• John Barney
This has to be the longest running thread of all time. I don't think it is the age at which you start as much as what you are made of. I have seen people quit that were young and physically suited to be a farrier. At a shade over six feet and 220lbs (34 waist and no pot belly :cool: ) I have be told by a few people, including some family members, that I'm too big to be a farrier and won't last. Well going on five years with no plans to stop. At 42 I think I still have at least 10 to 15 years left. I don't shoe as many as most of you, not by choice, since I only retired from the military 8 months ago and I'm trying the old fashioned word of mouth way to build a business. I do know that in the spring and summer when it's busier I feel better physically. Which leads me to the point of all this rambling. Karen, make sure you have enough horses for you to work at least a day or two each week. I initially went to school to do my own only. Doing three horses every six weeks killed me even when I was five years younger. Hang in there, if you have the mettle to do it you will. If you are like me when someone says I CAN'T do something it means the challenge is on. Good luck and keep us posted.

JB

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 20 Dec 2004 14:23 #21

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
John has some good points. I started shoeing to work my way thru college, then dropped back to doing my own and a few friends. I've always stayed in good physical shape, but as I got into my late 30's, I suddenly realized that I could no longer shoe shoe a little bit and be comfortable. I had to shoe on a regular basis or let someone else do it. I went to Doug Butler's advanced class to upgrade my skills and started shoeing for the public. Now at the age of 67, I'm still shoeing and still enjoying it. With the kids on their own, the mortgage paid and the retirement accounts in decent shape, I don't shoe as much as I did (I truly only take the ones I like), and I really don't need to shoe at all, but I feel better when I'm physically active. I tend to schedule one client a day now. If they have one horse, that's OK. If they have more than five, I'll come back tomorrow. Now I can travel and ride my own horses.

Jack
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 20 Dec 2004 14:37 #22

• caballus
  • Master
Hi Karen ... don't let the naysayers git ya down. First of all I'm of the female persuasion and a grandmother of 4. I care for 17 horses on my farm. I train (any age including colt starting) and I trim hooves. Secondly, I took this up with a professional mind set 5 years ago at the age of 48. I'm now 53 -- started with regular, professional clients 2 years ago at 51. Been trimming my own guys for a long time (since the 80's) in between farrier visits. (cleaning up the rough edges, shaping, etc.) At 48 I could do maybe, 2 horses a day, full trim, but it would take me a long time. Now, at 53 I can do 6 - 8 horses a day and if they're simply maintenance then it takes me approx. 1/2 hr. per horse. And, I love drafts! Don't much like it when they aren't trained properly to stand for hoof work but I love 'em all the same and *do* work on them. I trim, tho, and don't shoe. Thirdly, I believe we're neighbors. I live in Douglas just a mile from the RI border. Which brings me to this. Shoot me an email and we can discuss apprenticing and all that if you'd be interested. I always could use an extra hand or two.

*S* --caballus
:) -- Gwen Santagate
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -- Albert Einstein
thepenzancehorse.com
barefoottrim.com

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 21 Dec 2004 02:46 #23

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Cab,
This is realy not the place to brag about triming eight horses. All at one time? each foot? Then what do you do after breakfast? I realy do mean this in fun, your post was like a hanging curve ball for those of us who consider eight trims a day off. when you do tens of thousands (twenty a week, fifty weeks a year, twelve years.....) remember, we trim when we shoe.

Karen,
Shoeing is not twice the work of triming, it's got to be ten times at least, and the knoledge, and skill have to be fifty times more.
I started at thirty five and was too fat, but have been able to gain some weight since. Been going twelve years and can handle more work now than when I started.

Rick,
I have great, strong, washboard abbs. They just kinda hide under the washtub.

Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 21 Dec 2004 12:15 #24

• caballus
  • Master
Well shoot, Bill ... and I thought I was doing purty good. I figure I could maybe add one more a day in the next year or two ...

;) cab
:) -- Gwen Santagate
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -- Albert Einstein
thepenzancehorse.com
barefoottrim.com

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 23 Dec 2004 07:01 #25

• Bill Adams
  • Master
Cab,
Well good. I'm glad to see that I have challanged and inspired you. A couple of more years and we'll have you shoeing half a dozen before lunch!
However, my barefoot friend, I would that you take a few days now and have a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the family and remember the One we celebrate!

God Bless,
Bill

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 31 Dec 2004 17:51 #26

• Karen B.
  • Contributing Member
Well I recieved my yearly rejection letter from Cornell,no suprise there,so I will be looking for schools farther away from home.I wonder if I sent my application to Cornell under my husband's name if I would get accepted :rolleyes: You guys (and girls) have some great advice,I haven't given up yet.I'm still really looking forward to getting into the trade!

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 31 Dec 2004 18:40 #27

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Karen B. wrote:
Well I recieved my yearly rejection letter from Cornell,no suprise there,so I will be looking for schools farther away from home.I wonder if I sent my application to Cornell under my husband's name if I would get accepted :rolleyes: You guys (and girls) have some great advice,I haven't given up yet.I'm still really looking forward to getting into the trade!

Rejection letter? I guess business is good for somebody huh?

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 01 Jan 2005 04:20 #28

• old heller
  • Contributing Member
karen b. do not be discouraged cornell has a lack of horses you will be spending your time almost exclusivly on forge work with no place to apply it.mike may be a fine instructor but you will be lucky to do anything but discuss the theory of how to put a shoe on.Danny Ward is a fine choice reasonably close.if it was my money cornell would not be the choice good luck.

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 01 Jan 2005 15:10 #29

• Karen B.
  • Contributing Member
Are there any schools anyone would absolutely stay away from? You can send me an e-mail or private message if it is inappropriate to post negative things here.Also, Danny Wards website is not currently working.Is there a new link for him?

RE:Schools,Apprenticing,Do's and Dont's 02 Jan 2005 03:14 #30

• Bill Adams
  • Master
It may be out of business now, but you should avoid the school I went to. I shouldn't name names but the initials are Okalhoma Horseshoeing School.
They make tools and anvils now.
Bill

Kunena Birthday Module

• caballus birthday is today
  • jakethepaint birthday is today
  • Riley Brown birthday is today
  • White Hawk Farrier Servic birthday is in 1 day
  • ElCamino birthday is in 363 days
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 364 days
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 364 days
  • JessyJay birthday is in 364 days
  • min54teresa birthday is in 364 days
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.