make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday October 6, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: area fees

area fees 27 Aug 2005 00:26 #1

• Donald Ruff
trying to get a feel for the average on area fees around the country. i am contemplating either rasing my prices or charging an area fee. you know how people are they see you raise your prices and they squack, but if you throw in a trip fee they say thanks for the hard work, see you in 6 weeks. horse poeple they are all crazy.

don
Knowledge is Patience and Patience is Knowledge
Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 01:54 #2

• calshoer
  • Guru
I have just changed to an area fee.
Here in my tiny hicksville town, at $95 I am already thirty bucks higher than most of the local hangem'ons. They get around $50 to $65 to hang diamond specials or similar s#i+.
Therefore I have to travel to the more urban areas north of me to get a decent price,(and get the clients who give a darn about their horses welfare) BUT by doing that I put 45 thousand miles in exactly ONE year on my new (not anymore :mad: )Toyota.
I was charging from my normal $95 up to about $110 (figuring in travel seperately) depending on the distance, but It has priven to be not enough to make up for the fuel and time and wear and tear on the truck. And the traffic up in Colorado Springs where I have to go through is horrendous.Sometimes I spend three to hours round trip just on the road. The guys up there normally are getting from $110 to $125 anyway so here is my plan now.
within thirty miles, it is still $95.
31 to 50 miles, $105
51 to 70 miles(and I have LOTS of those) $115.
Over 70 , $125.
I will may lose a few clients in the outlying areas but what I will gain in sanity from less commute and wear on my only vehicle is worth it. I am buried right now anyway.
Most of The competition in those outer areas is charging over $120 anyway, so this just gets me up to speed with them. The farriers up there are not driving 80 miles to get to their clients ,but their cost of living is a lot higher so it all sort of evens out.
Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 12:53 #3

calshoer wrote:
within thirty miles, it is still $95.
31 to 50 miles, $105
51 to 70 miles(and I have LOTS of those) $115.
Over 70 , $125.

Seems like a good plan Patty. I am assuming that this mileage is from your home? Or do you just have a breaking point, like the next town over is XX dollars and the next town past that is XX dollars and so forth.

I have been trying to figure out someway to get some extra dollars w/out going up. Maybe this is what I should do, I mean w/ diesel ranging from 2.45 to 2.70 a gallon and my dually loves the stuff, its eating me alive. Profit margin is definately down.

:mad: On another note let me ask a question, lets say this happened to you and it probaly has:

You get a call (9:30 at night, I'm still out working) to please come and put 2 thrown shoes on 2 horses. This person has been looking for someone, anyone. She isn't my customer and most likely never will be. I drive 30 miles one way, tack on 2 shoes (the thrown ones) so she can go to her horseshow tomorrow and I charge her 25.00 each shoe plus a 50.00 emergency call. She said that she felt that was a little excessive. Well by now it was 11:30 or so and I wasn't feeling like myself...:D so I told her that she was very wrong in thinking that. I just had a 60 mile round trip and when I started out I was only 5 miles from my bed at home and I always charge 25 to tack on a lost shoe.... Did I over or under charge her in your opinion?
Chris Clark

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle."

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 14:39 #4

• John Barney
Chris,
I wouldn't say you over charged, but I would have explained the situation as you did here and tell her the charges up front. Let the customer decide how important the show is. You are still doing them a favor.

JB

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 14:59 #5

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't charge more because of distance. If I did I would be discouraging the further away customers and end up with nothing but the backyard locals who don't spend any money on their horses feet anyway. It just so happens that when I travel (and right now I go as far as 200 miles) it's to an area where I get almost double what I can get locally so it's more than worth it. 2 hours from home I get $140 (and never hear a peep) for 4 kegs but close to home I get squalks at $80 (of course the omish will do it for $30). As my far away work increases I'll raise my local prices also. I may end up with all my work being 2 hours or more from home. Ahhh, the fun of starting over again.

In my case, driving a ways also gets me to where I can set up once and work all day as apposed to packing up and moving every horse or two and trying to match up the scheduling so it's not as inefficient as it sounds. The locals all want me on Sat morning or in the evening (times when they're home). The problem is, there's only one Sat morning every week and who wants to work every night.

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 15:00 #6

NO. You didn't over charge her. I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine called me, one of his clients had a shoe off, he was too far away to help, she had a clinic or show the next day, so I drove 30 min. one way to tack one shoe on a dink that didn't want it put back on. I got it on, and charged her $50. She also said it sounded expensive, I simply told her that
1. She's not my client, so I'm not married to that particular shoe.
2. The little jaunt I took to get there took me 1 hour out of my way. Therefore putting me behind schedule for the rest of the day.
3. I was doing her a favor, I didn't have to tack that shoe on (see #1)
4. I told her she got a deal, if I was the "show" farrier where she was going, it would cost her at least $50 to nail it on at the show.

She understood, and then complained to my buddy.
Oh well,
Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 15:10 #7

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Double C Forge wrote:
You get a call (9:30 at night, I'm still out working) to please come and put 2 thrown shoes on 2 horses. This person has been looking for someone, anyone. She isn't my customer and most likely never will be. I drive 30 miles one way, tack on 2 shoes (the thrown ones) so she can go to her horseshow tomorrow and I charge her 25.00 each shoe plus a 50.00 emergency call. She said that she felt that was a little excessive. Well by now it was 11:30 or so and I wasn't feeling like myself...:D so I told her that she was very wrong in thinking that. I just had a 60 mile round trip and when I started out I was only 5 miles from my bed at home and I always charge 25 to tack on a lost shoe.... Did I over or under charge her in your opinion?

I don't think you over charged. I know one guy who schedules 4 horses 5 days a week. If some one wants him on a weekend (or at night I would imagine) he charges double or double and a half. Nothing wrong with getting paid for emergency work in the middle of the night. Otherwise you might as well just go home and get fed.

Other guys cover each other. If one has a customer with a shoe off or something and the other is in the area he takes care of it. It saves a lot of off-hours running around for fix it jobs that might be freebees anyway.

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 18:52 #8

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Chris

You are right on track you did not over charge her at all.

I would have been about the same price. The show shoer would have charged about $50-$65 per shoe.
Jeff
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 19:59 #9

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
{I have been trying to figure out someway to get some extra dollars w/out going up.}

Chris,

correct me if I'm wrong, but EVERYTHING has gone up dramatically over the last year or so..........I don't recall the fuel companies, tool makers, auto parts stores, supply houses, etc being worried about raising their prices on the products that I buy from them, nor do I recall any of them apologising for the increases (which have been huge in some cases)

if we dont keep pace with cost increases, we will be out of business or working for 1990's wages....neither of which I want

our customers know that expenses have been on the rise and they should EXPECT an increase

jmo,

Derin

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 20:23 #10

I don't know about you guys, but most of my customers are asking me if my prices went up, or when they will be going up. They see the cost of fuel, and I've made plenty aware of the cost of steel. Next week I'm going up another $15, for 4 shoes, $10 for 2 shoes, and $5 a trim. When your clients are asking, it's time to raise them up.

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 20:42 #11

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
Dave

You are right. I have had Clients asking also and that is a good indicator. I went up as well. Several other shoers also went up and that leaves the guys that were at the bottom of the scale real cheap now. The only Clients I will lose will be the ones that needed to go to make room for some others that have been on the waiting list.

Jeff
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:area fees 27 Aug 2005 22:25 #12

• calshoer
  • Guru
There is no way I would go out at nine at night for a non customer, except Iwould go for anyone of it was a veterinary emergency and the vet was there and needed my help. I won't even go out at nine for MY customers.
If one of mine pulled shoe for example loading to go to the show that late at night, I would tell them to wrap the foot and get the show farrier to replace it.
And If they pulled the shoe earlier in the day they should have called me on my cell phone at that time. I list my cell # on my answering machine for that reason.
And I always wonder why the client could not get HER farrier out to fix it. Maybe she treats him just as badly. Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:area fees 28 Aug 2005 00:58 #13

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Double C Forge wrote:
You get a call (9:30 at night, I'm still out working) to please come and put 2 thrown shoes on 2 horses.
Double C Forge
What I wonder is why anyone would be still working at 9:30 at night? I can see it if you have another day job and shoe part time in the evening, but not if you are full time.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:area fees 28 Aug 2005 05:35 #14

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
Gary

I work that late regularly.

I am full-time.

Jeff
Jeff Holder

RE:area fees 28 Aug 2005 09:32 #15

If you are working that much every day your body is going to break down. Raise your prices immediately by at least 35 to 45%. You are looking to have at least 35 to 45% of your customers quit but you will still make as much money.

When you are too busy to get your horses done in a resonable time frame you must either.....

Start saying no to people. Or Raise your prices. I suck at saying no to anyone just too nice. I rely on training fees to drive away the dinks and keep my prices in the upper third with the most professional shoers in my area. This also drives away the dinks.

G
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• AugustineAlbor birthday is today
  • Elentary birthday is today
  • JohnathanTag birthday is today
  • carlsylvia birthday is in 1 day
  • gorostiza birthday is in 1 day
  • Heather06 birthday is in 1 day
  • terrence003 birthday is in 1 day
  • LEC Trail Rider birthday is in 2 days
  • SpiritHorse birthday is in 2 days
  • tuffstuff birthday is in 2 days
  • oneredhorse birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.