make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday August 13, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!!

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 21 Sep 2008 21:49 #16

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Sesmoidian ligaments play a part in this as well...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 02:37 #17

Here is some food for thought on tendons and ligaments in the lower limb. According to Dr. Rooney the muscles that the DDFT and SFT are attached to are relatively small. The tricep, bicep and shoulder muscle are larger and pulls the horse forward and the lower muscle group play a lesser role in propulsion. Picture the horse moving using upper muscles and the lower ligaments and tendons more as stabilizing the horses body weight kind of throws a wrench as to what we consider proper breakover and raises the question in my mind on the importance of conditioning, purchase, traction and efficiency. Any thoughts on this?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 05:17 #18

• uncle Rico
  • Contributing Member
Phill, is rasping away distortion of the dorsal wall more invasive than setting a shoe back and bevelling the wall from the bottom? What is the difference? if it is distortion, get rid off it! Is the toe clipped shoe of craigs set where you would have set it? I mean the leading edge, would u have set it further back, or further forward, or in the same place? If it is in the right place why not rasp away the excess wall and get the foot tightened up. I understand that some folks get carried away and rape and pillage the wall too much, I am reffering to removing distortion and returning the foot to equal proportions.... aka "ballance".
15 years ago it was few and far between when I would hear of a front limb with a suspensory injury. But I would see plenty of old broke down hinds with ruptured suspensories, race horses, rodeo horses, a few drafts, and a ton of puruvean pasos. Now days every horse that takes a bad step has a lession in it's suspensory lig in the front limb......It reminds me of the big navicular craze of the 90's when every horse that took a bad step had navicular, as of late I haven't heard a horse around hear diagnosed with navicular in about 5 years give or take. My thoughts are that lamenesses are like fads, I am not saying that it is all a farse but, I think the suspensory is being used as a scape goat more offten than not. On the flip side of that coin mabey it has to do with the way people are shoeing now, back 15 years ago not to many farriers were setting shoes back and thinking about break over, mabey the shoeing trend of today has brought on a front limb suspensory lig epidemic???:eek:

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 11:09 #19

Hey Uncle Rico thanks for taking the time to respond. Good questions and excellent info from years back, that is good stuff. Maybe all that really matters is good shoeing and learning how to get a healthy strong hoof. Afterall that is everyones goal right? A healthy foot that can support the horse, grip the ground and move gracefully with speed. I am beginning to think our understanding of bio mechanics might be the culprit here and also our eagerness to have an answer and fix for anything that comes along. Maybe breakover allows an out of shape and older horses to use smaller muscle groups for a short period of time and the injury to suspensory ligaments is a result of a tendon like structure with a small amount of muscle is now doing a job that it was not meant to do. One thing that stands out to me is how focused we are on the DDFT in the movement of the horse, however if you study bio mechanics the DDFT, SFT and SL play more of a roll in stability and the upper larger muscle groups propels the horse forward. It is like a rock climber griping ledge however using triceps, biceps and shoulder muscles to pull themselves up not there finger tips. The finger tips get a grip however it is not those muscles that pull. If you put pulling strain on the ends of your fingers you can instantly feel the tendons and forearm muscle under strain. I think the foot needs ground surface mass for traction so the limb can pull the body forward useing the upper stronger muscle and tendons. Horses that go lame easily are probably out of shape, over worked, poor conformation, poorly ridden, fatigued, to old. We come along with breakover and make it easy for the lower tendons and ligaments and muscle groups to do more than what it is designed to do. Just a thought I had while laying in bed last night. :D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 12:04 #20

• Brown Bear
  • Contributing Member
Rico
Fantastic post I could not agree more.

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 12:09 #21

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
uncle Rico wrote:
Is the toe clipped shoe of craigs set where you would have set it? I mean the leading edge, would u have set it further back, or further forward, or in the same place?

More importantly, where is the back edge of the web ending up. The back of the web helps support p3. Craigs shoes all have a nice wide web in them. If you took an sx8, threw a toe clip on, and place it in the same position as craig's shoes you would probably have some problems down the road. The narrow web of the sx8 would not support p3 as well.That's probably why people have so much easier time setting shoes back. You can take a narrow web shoe and set it back so it still supports p3.

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 12:33 #22

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
What about the increased weight of the shoe?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 22:48 #23

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Rick Burten wrote:
What about the increased weight of the shoe?

Are wide web shoes too heavy for a horse? Should all horses be in aluminum or just kept barefoot to keep the weight down? Does a wide web shoe have to be heavy?

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 22 Sep 2008 22:56 #24

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
uncle Rico wrote:
But I would see plenty of old broke down hinds with ruptured suspensories, race horses, rodeo horses, a few drafts, and a ton of puruvean pasos.

I would be interesting if we could go back to that time and see how many of those horses, especially the pasos were actually suffering from ESPA/DSLD.
mabey the shoeing trend of today has brought on a front limb suspensory lig epidemic???:eek:

My custom covers horses from several breeds involved in a wide variety of disciplines. I still don't see a lot of suspensory ligament injuries in the front legs, but I do see a lot of DSLD/ESPA in the hind limbs of horses especially Arabians and Arabian X's, Paso's and Saddlebreds. I have seen a few cases in QH's, TB's and Morgans too.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 23 Sep 2008 00:47 #25

• uncle Rico
  • Contributing Member
Eric,
I dissagree that the wider web supports the P3, I leave enough vertical depth that when my clip is burned in and my shoe nailed on I still have a good 3/16 of sole clearance. I think that the wider web protects the foot a bit. I like the 3/8x 1 because you can forge a custom section for the individual horse easily. You can make 3/8x1 1/4, 3/8x3/4, 3/8x7/8, 7/8x7/16, 3/4x7/16,1 1/4x5/16, and so on and so on. The best thing about it is that you can take away width and get more thikness. I think that on the bigger horses rigidity of the shoe is a big factor, as well as being able to get the nails coarse enough to not separate the wall from the white line. I have had several big horses come to me with " white line disease" that no one could fix. It was funny how the "white line disease was just in the area of the nail pattern? I punched the nails coarser and cross nailled the hooves and in a few shoeing the wall was solidly attached.

Rick, I am sure that the paso's had dsld because most of them were quite young and hadn't worked much yet. Most of the others where old, rode hard and put up wet types

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 23 Sep 2008 05:37 #26

uncle Rico wrote:
Eric,
I dissagree that the wider web supports the P3, I leave enough vertical depth that when my clip is burned in and my shoe nailed on I still have a good 3/16 of sole clearance. I think that the wider web protects the foot a bit. I like the 3/8x 1 because you can forge a custom section for the individual horse easily. You can make 3/8x1 1/4, 3/8x3/4, 3/8x7/8, 7/8x7/16, 3/4x7/16,1 1/4x5/16, and so on and so on. The best thing about it is that you can take away width and get more thikness. I think that on the bigger horses rigidity of the shoe is a big factor, as well as being able to get the nails coarse enough to not separate the wall from the white line. I have had several big horses come to me with " white line disease" that no one could fix. It was funny how the "white line disease was just in the area of the nail pattern? I punched the nails coarser and cross nailled the hooves and in a few shoeing the wall was solidly attached.

Rick, I am sure that the paso's had dsld because most of them were quite young and hadn't worked much yet. Most of the others where old, rode hard and put up wet types
Uncle Rico , do you think that some sort ,of frog -pressure ,is a factor, in it?

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 23 Sep 2008 10:20 #27

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
uncle Rico wrote:
Eric,
I dissagree that the wider web supports the P3,

You must be from a drier climate! :) Think of saddlebreds. How do you think they're able to keep p3 from sinking through the sole. The wide web / toe weight plus the pad support p3. Same thing for short feet. Moisture helps move things along a little quicker though! ;)

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 23 Sep 2008 11:23 #28

Jake Whitman wrote:
Uncle Rico , do you think that some sort ,of frog -pressure ,is a factor, in it?

Dr. Rooney, The Lame Horse The Digit and Foot Pg. 21

"It is often assumed that the frog contacts the ground immediatly, pressing upwards against the digital cushion (so called frog pressure). It is more reasonable, and in fact the case, that the middle phalanx presses the cushion down upon the frog, and the frog touches the ground secondarily, if at all. The frog, normally soft, is poorly adapted for taking the immediate shock of impact."
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 23 Sep 2008 11:24 #29

uncle Rico wrote:
Eric,

Good stuff Uncle Rico, thank you.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Craig Trnka Sets Shoes Back In Nh!!!!! 23 Sep 2008 11:29 #30

Eric,
If the wider web (3/8x1) is fit flat to the dorsal surface toe clipped and nailed snugly, I would think it forms a right angle jointof sorts. Could the rigidity of the nails, the burned in toe clip and the hard surface area of the shoe reduce the strain on the laminae by 1) redirecting force through the wider web and 2) reducing flexion of any wall lenght that may extend pass the solar junction?
Just a thought?
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

Kunena Birthday Module

• Appaloosa_64 birthday is today
  • Leonel WhitsittF509 birthday is today
  • MichaelBeckerF992 birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is in 363 days
  • jrandolph birthday is in 363 days
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is in 363 days
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 364 days
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 364 days
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.