make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What to do for Health insurance ?

What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 19:27 #1

How many of you men and women have health insurance? as you can see in this post http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1104 I'm stuck in the coast guard for 2 1/2 more years, this is a job that i absolutley loathe. My problem is getting out and having insurance for my wife (who is 8 weeks pregnant right now, so i'll have a child to worry about when I get out) i can't/ don't want to go any lenght of time with out insurance.
this is something that is really weighing on my heart, i am scared that i won't beable to get out and do what i really want to do. I'm scared that I'll end up waisting half of my life 'settleing'. I don't know if i'll be ready to shoe on my own in 2 and 1/2 years but i am going to darn sure try.

thank you for any input

-Jason
Jason Armstrong

"Another thousand horses"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 20:40 #2

Jason,
I was all set to give a tongue and cheek answer like "do what I did, put your wife through college, and make her carry the insurance!", but your tone sounds rather worried. My first instinct would be heartless... :D

Seriously, the AFA has some form of health insurance in the works. I have not looked into it, as my families requirements are vast and my wife has good insurance through the hospital system. That may be a viable option for you. Go to www.americanfarriers.org and see what is there.
good luck,
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 21:50 #3

Jason, I understand what your going through and I feel for you. I think for right now you should stick it out and let your current insurance take care of things. You never know what complications might arrise durinig or after the birth. It would also put your wifes mind at ease knowing that you guys are covered, last thing she needs to worry about while being pregnant, that is stressfull on its owne. Don't worry you will have plenty of time to start your shoeing carreer. It will be very difficult, I would think impossible to find an insurance company to cover child birth and anything else on a new policy. Haveing the insurance that you have now and takeing care of your wife and you newborn is the most important thing to worry about right now. Keep comeing here to discuss horse shoeing and anything else you want. Shoeing can wait and in the meantime keep studying. If you get the opportunity, look up a farrier in the area your at and see if you can ride with someone even if it is a one day once inawhile. If your ever near Maine let me know and you can ride with me anytime.

To answer your question on health insurance, we have it through my wifes job. There are ways to get on group policys as self employed that should reduce the cost. I might have to look into that pretty soon. Insurance is a must, don't take chances.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 21:55 #4

Like Jason said, look into the AFA plan, it's very good when looking price wise at policies. I was in the same boat (no pun intended). Though I was out of the service when I started shoeing. Anyway, I have a MSA Medical Savings Account, that goes hand in hand with a high deductible policy. Our monthly payments are in the $200 month range for myself, 32, my wife 29 and two kids, 5 and 2. Our annual deductible is $3500, we pay for everything up to that amount and then everything is covered including prescriptions. It's not much for everyday insurance, and in Jason's situation he would probably just pay $3500 on Jan 1st of every year. But for us it's the best we could do for the money. The funny thing was last year, my wife had two herniated discs in her back, and the kids were sick a few times. We finally met our deductible on Dec. 13th, so we had a couple of weeks were we didn't pay anything, then on Jan. 1st it all started over again. Those are the breaks, but in the long run I know that anything catostrophic is covered. We also put money into the MSA tax free, and if used toward medical bills or deductbles it comes out tax free, sorta like a tax shelter for med bills. In the long run it can turn into a pretty decent retirement option. Not ment for retirement but if you don't use it, it's there. Plus it goes in tax free.
Just an option for you to look into
Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 22:01 #5

Also, if your wife isn't working, or working part time, look into employing your wife to schedule appointments and doing your books, you can write an employee health plan that covers your wife, put the insurance in your wifes name, the business pays for it, you're covered by your wife, and you can write the business plan, so that the business pays for anything not covered by insurance. That way you can write off 100% of your medical expenses. It saved us a ton, both our kids were born without us having insurance. I wrote up our "company policy" my wife answers the phone from 8 to 5. And plugs the numbers in the computer every monday. This year you can write off 100% of your premiums, but nothing else. So in my case the premiums are written off, but none of the first $3500 is. So with my company health plan I can write that off too.
Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 22:01 #6

I'm trying to get my wife to finish college. she is either going to finish her teaching degree or look into school to be an xray technician. If it works out, i would love for her to get a job with benefits, and I could make the money.

My dad is a self employed carpenter/builder. The only way that my family survived growing up was becuase my Mom is a Nurse and has excellent insurance.

Our problem/ burden now is that we have a baby due in March. with my current schedule (2 months home working mon-fri and 2 months underway) i can only pray that she will be able to finish school.

thanks for not being heartless and yeah i am really worried. hopwfully the AFA ins will be available in Massachusetts, if not we'll move to New Hampshire sooner than we planned.

thanks
Jason Armstrong

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 22:07 #7

Oh we have insurance now, that's not a problem. Thankfully the entire child birth is covered. I'm just worried about what to do about insurance when i get out in 2.5 years

thanks again
Jason Armstrong

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 31 Jul 2005 22:25 #8

When you move to NH look me up, I am located about 20 min. from Dover NH and 30 minutes from Portsmouth NH. Insurance is always a problem, you have to worry about all the loop holes. We are pretty lucky that we are covered under my wifes job, I thank her boss every chance I get. :)

Sounds like you have the right idea looking into it now. This way whatever you have you will have been on it for over a year and the coverage should be good. Try researching self employed insurance, some states have great information on insurance for self employed and there family. I do not know much about the AFA's insurance, I thought they just starting looing into it and the coverage they have right now is just to gain data on how many members will sign up and so forth. I don't know if I would trust it or not, I would look into it before first.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:What to do for Health insurance ? 01 Aug 2005 00:04 #9

Phil, I'm up in NH alot we have land in Grafton and someday i'll build a house up there and my parents have a cabin in newbury, by lake sunapee. Maybe we can meet up some time when i'm up there some weekend. Also, Ma isn't to far from ME.
Jason Armstrong

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.