make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: few questions about starting out

few questions about starting out 12 Jul 2005 18:22 #1

i know it sounds like the most asked question here but this is a little different.

here's my strory/background: grew up having a couple horses and taking care of my nieghbor's horses. then worked for a hay and grain delivery company for about 3 years. while i wouldn't call myself a horseman yet, i've been around horses for most of my life. i started gettting interested in horseshoeing when i was about 15 but whenever i found someone to teach me, it always fell through. i went into the coast guard when i was 19 and i've been in 4 1/2 years. i have 2 1/2 left (i re-upped for 3 years because i was ****** and wasn't sure where i was going and i was worried about not making enough money to support my wife and i. now i'm on a boat that goes out for 2-3 months at a time and miserable (i know that isn't to bad, but it is when it's a waist of my life, since i want to get out). i hate my job.

now, after a few failed attempts of tagging along with different farrier's, i have a friend of mine who is teaching me.
now don't talk me out of it, I WILL be a farrier.
i watched my dad run his own carpentry buisiness so i know the ins and outs of being my own boss and I KNOW that's what i want and that's how i'll be happy. I know being a farrier is different but i've watched him have bad times and good times according to how the economy is doing, when horses are around, they need to be worked on. houses don't need work if the owner doesn't have money.

for those that have done military service, how did you slide back into civilian life. anyone with families to support? how did you deal w/ insurance?

i've sure when i'm 39, i'll wish that i had stayed in, but its not worth doing something that i hate, brings me no joy, and take me away from my family.

thanks for any input/ suggestions
Jason Armstrong

"Another thousand horses"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:few questions about starting out 13 Jul 2005 03:11 #2

• e decker
Deisel Farmer-
I am sure you will follow your dreams. When you get to where you want to be you want to be, nothing will be able to steer you off course. Drive is the most important thing you can have in this job.
Look into the funding you can get from the coast guard for your future training. Many horseshoeing schools are accredited for this.
Do some research of the schools you might want to attend and get excited for the next chapter of your life.
I am sure you are not ****** ( you spell better than 99 percent of us already).
E Decker CF

RE:few questions about starting out 13 Jul 2005 05:17 #3

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Gday Diesel

Mate Im 48 years old I started in Farriery only 12 years ago and have only been about 5 1/2 to 6 years fulltime

I had a lousie back a dicky ticker and everyone its seemed was telling me I was crasy to be doing this and would it not be better to keep driveing plant

as usual I didnt take there well ment advise and as a cosiquence Im paying for it phisically but I wouldnt change it for the world

Sailor you just wouldnt believe how gratifing it is for me to put down a hoof knowing in my heart that my teachers would be proud of my work in helping the horse at hand wheather shod or no

The only advise I like to give you is always do your best for the horse , know your limits and dont be affraid to call for help and never forget where your got that help in the past or from whom you will seek it in the future
remain greatfull respectfull humble and learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes and never lie to your client
If you prick the hoof tell the owner , they might think you a useless bastard but at least an honset one;)
and youll always be able to look yourself in the eye in the mirror

Might I also add a heart felt thanks for personal sacrifices efforts and dedication to the protection of others as a member of the armed forces
your a good man mate

also youll find many wonderfull new chums here on these boards , I feel Ive known many of these jokers for many years and Ive received an emence amount of helpfull advise throught the boards and on a personal leve; also some gifts by way of books videos tools , but the comrardery is the greatest gift of all
I wish your well and good for the future

mind how ya go now mate
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:few questions about starting out 13 Jul 2005 06:06 #4

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
dieselfarmer wrote:
for those that have done military service, how did you slide back into civilian life. anyone with families to support? how did you deal w/ insurance?

i've sure when i'm 39, i'll wish that i had stayed in, but its not worth doing something that i hate, brings me no joy, and take me away from my family.

Since i'm retired and new to horseshoeing as well I may not be of much help, but thought I could help a little.

If you start to think now that all you are is a civilian in a uniform who has to put up with alot deployments and separtions at times it will be easier to get out. Since I'm retired I have insurace so can't help much there.

My suggestion would be to get some good horse shoeing book like Doug Butlers book as well as others and use you time okn the ship studing them iln your spare time. Then when you get out find on of the collages which has a 2 year degree program, like Wall-Wall communtee collage. With your Pell Grant, work study and GI Bill you can do pretty good getting school pad for as well as have some to live on. And I think from looking at the 2 year programs you would of had been under enough horses to have the experiance needed to go to work right out of school.

Just my thoughts hope it helps.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:few questions about starting out 13 Jul 2005 06:18 #5

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Hey DF,
Thank you for your service. Sounds like it's the pits for you but me and mine and many, many more really do appreaciate your protecting us.
Sounds like you have things lined up in your mind and that you'll pull it off.
Run questions about schools and such through this board, someone here has probably been there and every one has an opinion.
See if someone here can take you along with them or knows someone in Mass who could.
Hang in,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:few questions about starting out 13 Jul 2005 14:09 #6

"If you start to think now that all you are is a civilian in a uniform who has to put up with alot deployments and separtions at times it will be easier to get out"

Gary,
that's exactly how i've been looking at the last 4 years.

thanks i appreciate the advice and input. unfortunely i'll only beable to take short week or 2 week courses while i'm still in. i think i'd be better of spending that time under horses whenever my buddy can take me. however, i will try to make it to any clinics that happen in the north east.
one bummer is my buddy isn't full time, but he has a half dozen drafts (i love the big ones ;) and few clients. however, his mother has 30 morgans out back that another farrier (my buddy's teacher) takes care that i wil try to work on (one just sold for $200 grand! so maybe i'll just watch) i think if i find one or two other farrier's to tag along w/ i'll be good to go.

thanks again
Jason Armstrong

RE:few questions about starting out 23 Jul 2005 00:31 #7

well, i'm underway now. 50 something days and then back to shoeing when ever i can. i wonder how i'm going to set up a buisiness when i keep having to leave. i think i'll get all the horses i end up doing on 8-9 week schedules and only take enough so that i can get them all done the week i get home and the week i get back from patrols :). who wants to put pulled shoes back on when i'm gone? just kidding.

i can't wait to go back to learning to shoe. i bought the EDSS Natrual trimming and shoeing dvds to watch on a lap top that my buddy lent me for this partol. i might get a chance to watch them on sundays.
thanks again
Jason Armstrong

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • lindar131 birthday is in 363 days
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 364 days
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 364 days
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 364 days
  • vanderblij birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.