make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday January 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option?

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 08 Jan 2013 03:20 #1

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? Has anyone knows about this new alternative in the treatment of chronic laminitis? I was reading on volume 13: issue 4 of The Natural Angle newsletter and is very interesting and seems very practicle, except for the screws that attach the wooden shoe to the horse's hoof. These screws are screwed from the exterior wall instead of nails from the sole. With the brake over point and heel elevation benfits I'm agree, but I'm kind of reluctant with the screwing metod.

Please share your opinion... Thanks!
~The Professional of the bridle~

"CHECK ALL THE REST AND THEN COME TO THE BEST"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 08 Jan 2013 11:40 #2

• AussieMal
  • Thank you received: 1
You can pre drill the holes from the bottom ;)

Some more reading for you

www.equipodiatry.com/article_wooden_shoe_chronic_laminitis.htm
Mal Nicholson MF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Professional

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 08 Jan 2013 13:16 #3

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Well if you haven't tried it yet (screwing) you really should. For cryin' out loud, you're a farrier, not a monk. :woohoo:
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 08 Jan 2013 22:11 #4

AussieMal wrote:
You can pre drill the holes from the bottom ;)

Some more reading for you

www.equipodiatry.com/article_wooden_shoe_chronic_laminitis.htm

Thanks a Million AussieMal, I had never thought of it before seeing the pics. I've checked the link and that's exactly what I was talking about, I appreciate your input.. Blessings!
B)

fig9ab.jpg

Last Edit: 08 Jan 2013 22:24 by The Professional.

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 08 Jan 2013 22:22 #5

tbloomer wrote:
Well if you haven't tried it yet (screwing) you really should. For cryin' out loud, you're a farrier, not a monk. :woohoo:

Precisely because I'm a farrier and not a freaking monk I wanted to do my homework and study all the angles responsibly and not copycatting everything one read or see others doing at first. My point is that one has to protect all the structure of the hooves and investigating new ways of doing all things can help improve the health of the horse. For example I would like to try gluing instead of screwing to see if it works. The wooden shoe is a good improvement, let’s try gluing it or use a boot with it and that way keep the wheel running. Blessings! B)

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 09 Jan 2013 02:02 #6

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
They can also be cast on.

100_3666.JPG

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 10 Jan 2013 07:01 #7

Donnie Walker wrote:
They can also be cast on.

Thank you Donnie, I'm sure wrapped with casting tape will ad additional stability of the hoof. I don't have any lame horse at the moment to work with it, but either way I'm going to fabricate at least 2 pairs of wooden shoes and see if I can make a groove like the one in the metal shoes for the nails. I probably use a router to do so. Also using casting tape for stability. In any case if nailing doesn't works, then I'll stick with the screws. Also I find a good idea to fill the wooden clogs with dental impression material against the sole from the point of the frog to the rear of the hoof.

I'm very into this and I look forward to read more about it. I plan to have one of my horses with the wooden shoes by the weekend and I'm eager to see the results. I'm also very optimistic about the breakover point, how could affect the gait, reduce presure on the points of most weight, etc. I appreciate the learning experience and your advice! Blessings!
B) :pc:

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 13 Jan 2013 01:08 #8

I want to share this noncommercial link for all of us that enjoy having more options to shoeing horses. The more alternatives one has in hand, the better you can do your work and there is many different kinds of non-metal shoes out there to help the lame horse… :bs:

www.hoofblog.com

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 13 Jan 2013 14:20 #9

• tbloomer
  • Master
Ya know the owner of that web site, Fran Jerga, takes peoples money for magazine subscriptions and never delivers the magazines. This has been going on for over 6 years and people keep getting ripped off. Just keep that in mind. If you subscribe to the mag, you just got the same thing as if you flushed that money down the toilet.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 13 Jan 2013 17:36 #10

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
The Professional wrote:
there is many different kinds of non-metal shoes out there to help the lame horse… :bs:

www.hoofblog.com

You should really try to understand the mechanics instead of metal vs non-metal.

It's easier to push over a tall rectangle than it is to push over a square. The clog is thicker (rectangle) so it is easier for p3 to turn over than a thinner shoe (square).

How you fasten it to the foot or what it's made out of has little to no bearing on the mechanics of the shoe.

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 14 Jan 2013 03:16 #11

Thanks for the “heads up” Tom! I also know another fella who’s doing the same thing. He has a magazine that he promote, 6 issues for year… but you end up receiving just 2… if you’re lucky. I cancel my subscription and ask for my money back the first very year. Lots of friends keep complaining with their subscription. So the guy still promoting his magazine but he's never at reach for answers.
Blessings!

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 14 Jan 2013 03:17 #12

You’re right! And as a matter of fact, that’s something I’m always aware of. The mechanics and also the horse conformation and his phenotype are subjects of special consideration on my part since I work with Paso Fino’s mostly and dealing with gaited horses, I like to be very perfectionist with the angles. It probably takes a little longer to finish the job but is worth it!

I would rather use classic metal shoes all the time but remember that when it comes to the point of a chronic laminitis, where the pedal bone has rotated and for that, the angle is not that normal any more… the situation itself is abnormal and there for, one has to use a different approach. That’s when I started to think about the non-metal shoes and all those other options which is good to have handy and had been practiced in the methods of using it. My main concern was with the screws, but I’m over it now. Thanks for the tip Eric I appreciate it! Blessings!

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 14 Jan 2013 11:31 #13

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
Point being you can make them out of anything. I wouldn't be too happy if I spent the time making a wooden clog and then have it crack while I'm nailing it on.

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 15 Jan 2013 00:38 #14

Yep, that could happen, and they may be slippery too. The horse is not going to be in the stable or paddock all the time and it has to walk in a hard ground and concrete paths. The grooming area and the wash area in the barn they're also very slippery for the weight of a horse in wooden shoes, that's something to keep in mind and for any non-metal shoes as well.

Wooden Shoes, it's really a considerable option? 19 Jan 2013 14:59 #15

• tbloomer
  • Master
Eric Russell wrote:
Point being you can make them out of anything. I wouldn't be too happy if I spent the time making a wooden clog and then have it crack while I'm nailing it on.
I think with wood you are better off pre-drilling holes slightly smaller than the size of the screw shank and using screws instead of nails to attach the "plank." Plywood has better split resistance than solid wood due to the cross lamination. If you are going to use solid wood and nails without pre-drilling, you should blunt the tip of the nails so there is a flat spot on the tip of the nail. I don't know why, but that little trick seems to make a big difference in keeping wood from splitting when you drive nails into it - at least it does on lumber for decks, frames and such.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

Last Edit: 19 Jan 2013 15:00 by tbloomer.
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• GregTrem birthday is today
  • isagenixchallenge6A4A birthday is today
  • mercifulgimmickB72E birthday is today
  • AfflerbachDM birthday is in 1 day
  • CWFarrierSvcs birthday is in 1 day
  • jlthompson birthday is in 1 day
  • SlowShoe birthday is in 1 day
  • temposmom birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 364 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 364 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 364 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.