make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday January 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using white lightening

RE:Using white lightening 18 Jun 2011 23:35 #16

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hmmm, it seems my complete lack of any chemistry knowledge has got me! I meant sodium chloriTe. I don't know how one gets through school without ever doing chemistry or physics, but i managed it, unfortunately:o.

I read an ehow recipe for making it with salt water and batteries. This gets you the crystals, then I assume you mix it with water to get the 3% solution. Might be a good way to teach myself a bit of chemistry and give the daughter a headstart. :p I'd still rather just buy it.
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Using white lightening 19 Jun 2011 08:24 #17

• J.Ravanelli
  • Contributing Member
Anthony_Lawrence wrote:
That's what worries me about it. If the infection is quite deep, it would take quite a while to know whether its working or not, no?

If it's not, the WLD will be marching along gobbling up more hoof.

Horse was shod every 8 weeks and in between at 4 weeks shoe was taken off and treated. Should have debrided, the hole was almost as big as my thumb.:eek: But the owner wasnt into that so I tried it without debriding. After treatment I stuffed Sole Pack in the hole. 24 weeks later everything is grown out and everybody happy. Sometimes you gotta have luck.:)

Regards,

John

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 02:08 #18

• anvilsteve
Here is the real deal on White Lightening. First "White Lightening" is a brand name for the generic Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) in solution (2000ppm). I first started using ClO2 over 15 years ago at the request of a Canadian company, to experiment with it to clear up hoof infections and white line disease. I found it to be very effective. I introduced it to Mike Wildenstein, at Cornell to use for difficult canker cases. It worked well for that to.

You can use it straight with a syringe to flush out abcesses, wounds, thrush, etc. I even use it to cleanse any wound that I get, straight out of the bottle. Even bad wounds heel very rapidly if you keep them clean and treat with Cl02 daily. Diluted down to under 500ppm you can use it to clean moldy tack without harm to it. 100 ppm will purify drinking water when out camping. Lots of other uses.

The best way to soak a horse's hoof with it is as follows: I part white vinegar, 5 parts ClO2 (White Lightening), 10 parts water for any volume. Use clean tap water, not from the watering trough. Put this mixture in a used IV bag. You only need to fill enough to partially cover the hoof. Duct tape around the top and soak for 10-20 min. If you put in a tub, you loose the ClO2 gas. The vinegar liberates ClO2 gas which gets into the fissures in the hoof. Really bad feet need to be soaked twice if the solution turns dark quickly. Soak daily for several days on bad cases. The ClO2 is a contact germicide only and has no lasting effect other then breaking the life cycle of micro organisms.

Hope this helps,

Steve Kraus, CJF

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 03:35 #19

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1

ummm . . . . Psst? Hey Rachel?

what IS that on your avatar???
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 05:20 #20

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
Thanks Steve, I have found a chemical supplier locally that will sell me 40 liters at a time for $88. That works out at about $2 per litre instead of $160 ($40 for 250mls).in my research I have read of many uses for it - including curing cancer (of course!:D). I can get super tough bags 150 nm plastic) made also for .20c each, so Im happy with the results of my sleuthing.

I was thinking about how to prevent holes in the bags with hooves standing on concrete and I've made up some little elastic-topped boots out of old towel to slip over the pastic bags. They work great.

Dana, that creature is the weirdest thing I've ever seen! I think it is a human turned into an animal by witchcraft. Or for the boring answer, Its some kind of otter from south America. I was at the museum the other day and noticed that many of the animals from that part of the world look incredibly human and sooooo cute.
CF

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 05:57 #21

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
I thought it was a Drop Bear Rachael. :confused:

:D
Ant.

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 06:00 #22

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
anvilsteve wrote:
Here is the real deal on White Lightening. First "White Lightening" is a brand name for the generic Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) in solution (2000ppm). I first started using ClO2 over 15 years ago at the request of a Canadian company, to experiment with it to clear up hoof infections and white line disease. I found it to be very effective. I introduced it to Mike Wildenstein, at Cornell to use for difficult canker cases. It worked well for that to.

You can use it straight with a syringe to flush out abcesses, wounds, thrush, etc. I even use it to cleanse any wound that I get, straight out of the bottle. Even bad wounds heel very rapidly if you keep them clean and treat with Cl02 daily. Diluted down to under 500ppm you can use it to clean moldy tack without harm to it. 100 ppm will purify drinking water when out camping. Lots of other uses.

The best way to soak a horse's hoof with it is as follows: I part white vinegar, 5 parts ClO2 (White Lightening), 10 parts water for any volume. Use clean tap water, not from the watering trough. Put this mixture in a used IV bag. You only need to fill enough to partially cover the hoof. Duct tape around the top and soak for 10-20 min. If you put in a tub, you loose the ClO2 gas. The vinegar liberates ClO2 gas which gets into the fissures in the hoof. Really bad feet need to be soaked twice if the solution turns dark quickly. Soak daily for several days on bad cases. The ClO2 is a contact germicide only and has no lasting effect other then breaking the life cycle of micro organisms.

Hope this helps,

Steve Kraus, CJF

Hey Steve

Just trying to get to the bottom of this. Will this substance bump off WLD without debriding? If so, how about advanced infections where the damage is say halfway up the hoof wall?
Ant.

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 22:02 #23

• anvilsteve
Hi Anthony-

You should debride as much as reasonable, in fact sometimes a hoofwall resection is necessary( for advanced WLD), similar to laminitis resection. For lesser problems, debride whay you can safely get away with and do the soak like mentioned above, the ClO2 gas will get where you can't debride.

Steve Kraus,CJF
Resident Farrier Cornell University

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 22:08 #24

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
This is going to sound really ****, but how do you know if it's gassing like it should? It looks to me very innert, like it's doing nothing. Steve, in your experience, is that ok?
CF

RE:Using white lightening 26 Jun 2011 22:16 #25

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
anvilsteve wrote:
Hi Anthony-

You should debride as much as reasonable, in fact sometimes a hoofwall resection is necessary( for advanced WLD), similar to laminitis resection. For lesser problems, debride whay you can safely get away with and do the soak like mentioned above, the ClO2 gas will get where you can't debride.

Steve Kraus,CJF

Thanks Steve that makes perfect sense.
Ant.

RE:Using white lightening 27 Jun 2011 01:35 #26

• anvilsteve
Rachel-

You won't see little bubbles, you will see the solution turn a little cloudy. You can test your solution with the chlorine test strips that turn different colors to indicate strength. You will see results like the hoof looking like it was scrubbed for surgury!. ClO2 will cleanse tissue and not harm it like bleach will. ClO2 is an oxidizer that basically abstracts electrons from the protein chains of micro organisms, destroying them. It kills odor and breaks up biofilm. It will de-skunk a dog. Spray it straight from the bottle on your truck seat to deodorize it.

Steve Kraus, CJF

RE:Using white lightening 03 Jul 2011 13:14 #27

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Great questions Rachael and great explanations Steve !!!!

With white line so prevelant and so many new farriers needing information on use, amount, and effects of, Steve your explanation on debriding and use of White lightning was informative and educational where everyone could understand it.
Another fine example why your were a good choice to follow in Mikes and Busters footsteps at Cornell.

Reaching 101 degree's F here in south eastern Texas today.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Using white lightening 03 Jul 2011 13:42 #28

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
vthorseshoe wrote:
Reaching 101 degree's F here in south eastern Texas today.
Cowboy up, Bruce, cowboy up! :D:p
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Using white lightening 03 Jul 2011 14:51 #29

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
anvilsteve wrote:
It kills odor and breaks up biofilm. It will de-skunk a dog. Spray it straight from the bottle on your truck seat to deodorize it.

Steve Kraus, CJF

Awesome!! I can deodorize my hides now without destroying them. :D Coyote smells aweful. :p
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

RE:Using white lightening 04 Sep 2011 00:59 #30

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
  • email: kseminolewind@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 6
WL is another brand name for Oxine, both are chlorine dioxide. But Oxine costs about $30-$40 for ONE gallon including shipping.
You can also mix it with citric acid powder.

Try Revival Animal Health or twincitiespoultry.com
Karen Fletcher
still trying to get it right
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• arizonacowgirl birthday is today
  • Ed Gladden birthday is today
  • khfs birthday is today
  • NewShoes28 birthday is today
  • phantomcowgirl birthday is today
  • afajmmcjf birthday is in 2 days
  • Blackhorse birthday is in 2 days
  • horseladyhoo birthday is in 2 days
  • Team Roper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.