make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why did this farrier do this?

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 00:14 #31

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
MPLdyCop wrote:
He has something personal going on right now to where he has cut back his work. I didn't ask why or when he'll pick it back up. He is still available for me to call and get advice. He supports me going out and picking up clients, or at least acts that way as he compliments the pictures and the like.

I never got an answer on the other farrier in this area that might want to mentor a newbie right now.

On a funny note, the local farrier in the area covered all my cards with his. I found this the other day and chuckled. Last I talked to him, he seemed really nice and asking questions on my schooling and all. He's never went to school and said someone just showed him the basics. I don't know his work so I can't comment much. So for him to cover my cards was funny to me.

...you will find in this business that all who smile in ur face is not always ur friend..you will also find that a lot of the so called rules will only apply to you..you may get a client that was using another farrier and one day get ur hinny chewed out for not calling the farrier and asking what happen...but u will never get a call..find a couple of good folks and repect there space and help each other out and don't worry about much else but keeping ur head below ur azz..if ya try to play by everyones rules u will starve to death
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 01:55 #32

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
MPLdyCop wrote:
I politely disagree with this.
Thanks but you don't need to be polite. ;)
I've done a lot research on this and is enough to form my own opinion and state such.
So you've done some research, so what? Truth is that you are still a wet behind the ears newbie who doesn't have enough field experience to even begin to form an opinion on how to treat laminitis let alone, founder. I commend your thirst and quest for knowledge and someday it will stand you in good stead. But harsh as it sounds, right now, these pathologies are above your pay grade as a farrier.
And debating it gives rise to new ideas and may be something I'd like to incorporate one day.
True. That said, IMO, you are buckets of sweat and many callouses away from that day.

It will be interesting to watch your progress over the next five years. Especially since statistically, most folks wash out of the profession before they reach the five year mark.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 02:10 #33

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
has it occured to anyone that the farrier may have done just as the vet wanted? Did the vet dictate the amount of toe to come off? Did the vet say to float the toe to prevent leverage on the dorsal wall? Did the vet say to keep the horse in the same shoeing package? Did the owner then dislike what they saw and blame the farrier?? :rolleyes:
Rick Talbert

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 02:11 #34

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Doing my research, studying, and trying my best to improve and succeed. Hopefully you'll see that I'm not just throwing myself out there as super educated, and I state my opinions to be debated and thus learn more. :)
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 03:14 #35

• Travis Reed
  • Master
MPLdyCop wrote:
Doing my research, studying, and trying my best to improve and succeed. Hopefully you'll see that I'm not just throwing myself out there as super educated, and I state my opinions to be debated and thus learn more. :)

The best place to debate is with axx in the seat next to a farrier that just when you think u may have something figured out he will put you under a horse to test ur theory...when the horse limps off he then can start the explaining of what works for that horse will not cut the mustard on this one...or when you get real comfy shoeing trail rides you finally pick up a farm of horses that have to earn they keep and the trainers are grinding them in the dirt and you feel like you have started all over....just about the time you think you may have learned a little something you will have one leave you scratching ur head...
Travis Reed.....

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 03:55 #36

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
MPLdyCop wrote:
I would love to see some lateral shots, if that is possible.

My opinion is that the break over is not a problem when shod like this because with the gap there is no "stretching of the laminae" when the horse is breaking over. My concern would be more of how the derotation attempts have not succeeded. Heels brought back far enough, etc.

However leaving the BO so far forward does increase tension on the DFT so could actually perpetuate rotation, either way it certainly will not ease tension on the dft.
Originally Posted by Rick Burten

I don't know that the shoe is too big. That said. I would have started a rocker toe right at the point where the hoof is trimmed/rockered up out of the way. Wouldn't have to be a huge rocker that was in contact with the wall, but just enough so that the beginning of the rockering would be the last point in ground contact at the lift-off/breakover phase of stance/stride.

Agreed
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 04:18 #37

• Rolltoptx
A little update.. Mare is worse today 3 out of 5 lame and shifting. I took new pictures today and will post soon.. sent them to the vet and he wasn't thrilled about the lack of break over. Owner had a MELTDOWN because she's paying $200 a month to fix a horse whose only getting worse and is close to putting down her horse. :/

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 04:24 #38

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Have you put her back in the boots?

Until you have a better handle on what is going on and why, the owner needs to take a chill pill.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 04:36 #39

Rolltoptx wrote:
A little update.. Mare is worse today 3 out of 5 lame and shifting. I took new pictures today and will post soon.. sent them to the vet and he wasn't thrilled about the lack of break over. Owner had a MELTDOWN because she's paying $200 a month to fix a horse whose only getting worse and is close to putting down her horse. :/

Agreed put the horse down. Then she at least saves the $200 a month.

My gut feeling is that the horse is not breaking over in the terms of what you think. Most the time the horse is standing. You don't break over when standing. I bet that it is not breaking over in the true since of the word anyway.

Of course the vets not thrilled you guys just opened up the door to take any responsibility off his shoulders and kick it all onto the farrier. I wish you would give me the farriers phone number so I can give them a heads up on this whole situation. Most vets will throw a farrier under the bus to save there own skin.

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 04:39 #40

• Kaydence
  • Very Senior Member
The owner might get better value if she pays the vet and farrier to meet with her (with you present if she wishes) so that there is nothing lost in the translation. Personally, I like to talk directly to a vet if a client comes back to me with instructions a vet has relayed to them. Far too often the conversation loses vital details.

Cheri

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 05:24 #41

• Travis Reed
  • Master
clearthinkingone wrote:
Agreed put the horse down. Then she at least saves the $200 a month.

My gut feeling is that the horse is not breaking over in the terms of what you think. Most the time the horse is standing. You don't break over when standing. I bet that it is not breaking over in the true since of the word anyway.

Of course the vets not thrilled you guys just opened up the door to take any responsibility off his shoulders and kick it all onto the farrier. I wish you would give me the farriers phone number so I can give them a heads up on this whole situation. Most vets will throw a farrier under the bus to save there own skin.

I like the way you think...some how I think we all knew what any updates would be...and you could not have said it better about what a great way to kick it all onto the farrier...and just like ya said all this over brk over ..how much could this horse be brkin over.....I wonder ..oh just how one could wonder if maybe all the toe was holding something together but now he was told to cut it off....
Travis Reed.....

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 05:32 #42

• Rolltoptx
She immediately went back into boots after she was shod because she was more comfortable. She is turned out with a good grazing muzzle during the day, in a night with lots of hay. She's been on a low starch feed with cimetidine (which has been the biggest helper so far.. very impressive results and is almost crippled with out it).

The vet actually recommended the farrier who is known in our area for corrective work but is also known for his ego. He personally called and emailed the farrier xrays and recommendations so they are collaborating..

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 06:10 #43

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
So the horse is eating day and night and gets other feed to ??
Have you had the lots of hay tested ,that triggers at least every second metabolic case off here just to the end of the winter ,into spring ....funny that the BEST hay is always the last to be fed ,as ist the first to land in the storage ,the older seedless hay is the first to go over the winter ...
Just s thought ....

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 06:35 #44

• Rolltoptx
This mare (15.1 appendix approx 800lbs, ulcer prone, metabolic disorder) was getting 2 lbs of wellsolve low starch feed in the morning and evening.. grazing muzzle on during the day, about 15 lbs of second cutting coastal hay in the evening. She also receives cimetidine twice daily. She eats incredibly slow (teeth are fine) and the mare has a rather slender frame with significant fat deposits on the neck and above her tail. She has trouble consuming large quantities of hay which is why she was receiving 4 lbs of a low starch feed daily. We switched her to 20 lbs of hay anyway with .5 lbs of enrich12 twice a day with her meds..

RE:Why did this farrier do this? 29 May 2011 07:21 #45

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Alicia Thompson wrote:
However leaving the BO so far forward does increase tension on the DFT so could actually perpetuate rotation, either way it certainly will not ease tension on the dft.

Yeah your right about that.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.