make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix?

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 10 Nov 2010 19:17 #31

• Peters Shoeing
  • Thank you received: 2
I hear you, but in all fairness, the facts remain the same. She didnt want to use strong sedatives. She didnt want shoes for her horse weeks ago, though myself and the vet suggested them. Could this be a reason for a farrier to terminate a client. Sure. Rotten is an opinion. It's just not mine.
Alan Peters
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 10 Nov 2010 23:44 #32

• jack-mac
  • Master
DeniseMc wrote:
And as you mentioned in the later details the vet was called out to have the horse sedated and the vet then discussed the risks of sedation with the client. And the client then declined to have the horse sedated. The farrier has every right to walk away if they feel it's too dangerous but the owner's choice to not sedate shouldn't be an indictment against the owner as some here feel.

And my dentist and endodontist in the past have suggested crowns immediately following a root canal. So I didn't schedule the work on one till almost two years later; meantime all sorts of nasty things were supposed to happen to the tooth with the root canal-"it was unstable, it was going to crack, I was going to lose the tooth" if I didn't get a crown. Two years later (and nothing bad happened) I figured it was time to get the crown as I could finally afford it (and I was still seeing the dentist on a regualr basis for cleanings-he did not drop me as a patient just because I didn't immediately jump and get the crown). Just because something is suggested as necessary right then or in the near future isn't always necessarily so. And If I were faced with a recommended surgery for something I wouldn't go about it without getting a second, third opinion and doing some research. But understanding the risks of not following a suggestion by a professional should also be spelled out to the client and then it should still be the client's choice of course of action. Didn't you say the client may have had a money issue when you first suggested the shoes? Did she expect you to do the shoeing for free or did you offer to do it for free? No, didn't think so...

Anyone can terminate anyone for any reason at any time. It can be a legitimate beef or not....

Wheew!l I'm glad we got that cleared up!
Anyone can terminate anyone for any reason at any time. It can be a legitimate beef or not.... Not in my part of the world. If neglect, cruelty is involved or not rendering or affording an animal appropriate veterinary attention .Its covered under the 1958 cruelty act. Its a mandatory obligation on both parties .They may engage the services of anther vet or farrier to attend to the animal or choose to have the animal put down. But thats as far as there rights go as an owner ,when pain & suffering is involved & I dont care what tree they wish to hug or what menopausal crisis there having in their life, hot flushes or not on that particular day. I will insure they act ether thought my services or through the services of anther practitioner .If they dont comply, I will prosed & seek to have them prosecuted no if's no but's .

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 00:43 #33

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Peters Shoeing wrote:
I suggested a straight bar for this horse to distribute weight as much as possible on the ground surface. My thinking was this would protect the hoof material that was growing out from the portion of the coronary band where the abcess blew and prevent a quarter crack from forming

Good evening Pete, have you witnessed many quarter cracks after abcesses pop? What is "hoof material"?

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 01:26 #34

• Peters Shoeing
Ok, Russ. Nope have not. I've only heard about the concurrent possibility. Well, hoof material...inflammation and new growth at point of exit on coronary band.

I actally have not had and do not have a horse on my books with a quarter crack. So, I havent yet gotten in that arena of treatment. My mentor sealed them up with adhere and that is not exactly a route I would follow. I do have an idea on prevention, however. I mean, of course the integrity of the hoof is compromised during and after an abscess break-through. Casting would/could complicate that further. If I had suspected the abscess, I would not have casted.
Alan Peters

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 01:59 #35

• jack-mac
  • Master
I did say in my part of the world. I'm not sure where Peter is based ?.
The sooner they adopted laws that represent a human civilized nature of conduct towards animals in those states the better. I'm sure the vast overwhelming majority of Americans feel the same ?

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 11:49 #36

• jack-mac
  • Master
DeniseMc wrote:
There are some organizations (HSUS ASPCA) that are working diligently with lawmakers to enact stricter laws. Some folks think those organizations are "misguided" in their efforts and actively block those efforts.

So Jac-Mac, did you report those two overweight obese women (who were driving that poor crippled barefoot pony) to your local authorities? And what was the outcome?
No I sent a text to the old owner.Informing her what I had witnessed taking place.She Informed me she was going straight round to see her & have it out with her.Be it for me to get involved in a cat fight over a pony :D I heard on the grape vine it was heated & did come to blows & hair pulling :cool::)

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 12:16 #37

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
back to the basics , do not cover an abcess without leaving some sort of drainage access
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 14:17 #38

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
DeniseMc wrote:
There are some organizations (HSUS ASPCA) that are working diligently with lawmakers to enact stricter laws. Some folks think those organizations are "misguided" in their efforts and actively block those efforts.

They are also the number one killer of animals in the USA.
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 14:49 #39

• irishcas
  • Master
cuttinshoer wrote:
They are also the number one killer of animals in the USA.

Okay not that this is germane to this conversation either, but can you cite your sources on this statement?

I find it hard to believe that SPCA and HSUS kill more animals than the slaughter houses?
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 14:52 #40

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
i thought the biggest killers of equine worldwide was ignorant owners
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 15:04 #41

• jack-mac
  • Master
chris bunting wrote:
back to the basics , do not cover an abcess without leaving some sort of drainage access
chris
well said chris .

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 11 Nov 2010 21:48 #42

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
irishcas wrote:
Okay not that this is germane to this conversation either, but can you cite your sources on this statement?

I find it hard to believe that SPCA and HSUS kill more animals than the slaughter houses?

Kim, this is sadly very true P E T A went to court over killing a dumpster load of dogs and cats they got control over from abusive people , they didn't want to take care of them or find homes so they did them all in. It made National News about two to three years ago.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 12 Nov 2010 02:02 #43

• irishcas
  • Master
Gary Hill wrote:
Kim, this is sadly very true P E T A went to court over killing a dumpster load of dogs and cats they got control over from abusive people , they didn't want to take care of them or find homes so they did them all in. It made National News about two to three years ago.

I do remember that Gary and was saddened by the whole thing. But, that still does not equate to the fact that PETA, SPCA and the HSUS kill more animals annually in the U.S.A than any other group, organization or whatnot.

I believe that PETA does some good but they are zealots, their leader scares the bejebus out of me. I feel some of their ideas are good and for the animals, yet their ultimate goal is one that I can not support.
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 12 Nov 2010 02:51 #44

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
Kim, I do not know the exact place to look and don't have time to find it. They euthanize a lot more animals than they save.

The HSUS is in the running to receive a grant for Pepsi in the amount of $250,000 that amount of money will only go to rescue 62.5 animals. Can you imagine what that amount of money would do for local shelters. Seems like the HSUS could help more animals for that large sum of money.

You can go to www.humanewatch.org may be truthful may not be any one can put up a website and claim things.
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Equicast and Abscess, a bad mix? 12 Nov 2010 13:46 #45

Nobody that works at a shelter likes this, but a sad fact of life is that most animal shelters have to euthanize (humanely) more animals than they can adopt out.

Especially cats. A female cat can have up to 3 litters a year, of up to 8 kittens per litter. Assume half the kittens are female producing their own 24 kittens each the next year, and so on. In three years that comes to over 6000 cats, all originating from the original mama kitty. It gets worse via geometric progression. Most will die from accident/predation, starvation, or disease.

I believe the statement that the HSUS and ASPCA kill more animals than they save to be irrefutable, based on the numbers alone. The lucky ones are the ones who get adopted (the minority) and the ones who get humanely euthanised ( the majority ).

PETA is another deal altogether. A scam IMHO.

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.