make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Foundered Mare that would like to thank....

A Foundered Mare that would like to thank.... 23 Jul 2010 01:37 #1

• Patty Lynch
Those that know me, know that I basically keep to myself, but in this case - as it is coming to a close - I wanted to share this story, but more than anything, I would like to thank a few of you.

A little over a year ago, I was working at a farm when I ended up taking home a foundering mare. The owners didn't want her and were planning to shoot and bury her. I asked if I could have her. I promised to have my vet euthanize her or I would rehab her and re-home her.

She couldn't walk.... not even a "normal" founder walk. She crab walked. She would swing her front legs way out to the side and bring herself forward. She - although a pretty palomino - was grotesquely obese. She had fat on top of her fat.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2543989380102534764FzCaJH

She taught me with lightening speed, how difficult it is to support but not pressure a horse that has sunk and rotated.

My first thanks goes to Pat Reilly who was there for me when I had questions in the very beginning. As was Richard Mercer.

I'd also like to thank the wonderful folks at SoundHorse who even donated a pair of shoes to Bella when they learned she was a foundered rescue. She lived in Series 1's with IM for about the first 3 months.

I'd like to thank Tom Stovall for saving me during a freakout moment when her sole had softened under the IM. I was literally losing it at that point and afraid she was going to punch through.... WHEW! I LOVE DURASOLE! Thanks to Bella, my local farrier supply now carries it.

I would like to thank Katy Watts who gave me piece of mind and helped immensely with getting Bella's diet and nutrition right.

Bella now looks like this.... 400lbs lighter

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2479555750102534764TdMKlm

From about month 3 until about month 11, Bella lived in Epona's. I know a lot of farriers don't like them but I use them a lot in therapeutic work and even have some A circuit hunters in them. The sole support, frog and wall support were just what Bella needed. I'd like to thank John and Monique Craig for their support and ingenuity in cases like Bella's. John was there to help me with Metron and Monique with shoeing ideas.

Her rads are here.... new on the left and old on the right. Though not perfect, they are better, she is better and now happily running around in her aluminum century support shoes and heading to her new home in a couple weeks.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2804089400102534764GefvbL

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2313237950102534764QxMyQK

And thanks to my good friend for taking rads for me..... though not textbook, they allowed me to use Metron and get the info I needed to help her.

Thanks to the Lord to for listening to my prayers.... my knees got really sore at times.

And last but not least, thanks to my husband for not divorcing me when I brought her home and for all of his love and supportive care for Bella.

Oh, and thanks to Baron because if we didn't have this forum, I couldn't thank everyone and share her story.
Patty Lynch
Whole Horse Hoof Care
Barefoot When Possible, Shoes When Necessary :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:A Foundered Mare that would like to thank.... 23 Jul 2010 13:45 #2

• Katy Watts
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Patty,
Thank you, that was timely. Yesterday I made the mistake of going with a lady who thought to rescue a foal. The breeder raises Paint horses for the killer market, and the occasional horse for people naive enough to buy an unhandled, inbred young horse with pretty markings and bad conformation. Foal was in a pen of cripples that cannot be shipped to Canada with the rest. I shall remember it as The Nightmare Pen. The market has been slow, so he has about 500 horses now, lots of stallions, all unhandled. The foal was emaciated, had severe angular limb deformities, physitis, contracted tendons, and was foundered in the hinds. I told her she was not salvageable, kept my eyes on the ground and said ‘get me out of here NOW’. If this filly lives, she will get pregnant and make more just like herself. Local officials will do nothing because they have food and water.
So nice to hear of happy endings connected with my efforts to educate. You’ve done a wonderful job, and I hope that the word continue to get out that foundered horses CAN be rehabbed successfully with the right diet and hoof care program. One will not work without the other. It’s not easy, it’s not cheap, but it does work for those with the means, determination and willingness to learn.
Katy
Are you feeding your horse like a cow?
www.safergrass.org

RE:A Foundered Mare that would like to thank.... 24 Jul 2010 01:49 #3

• Patty Lynch
Ya know, it should be illegal to keep fat horses. I seriously think it should be just as punishable as starving them.

What a sad story Katy :( I send more people to your website than you could ever know. You have really been a pioneer in helping countless horses. I so appreciate you and your work.

Bella is very rideable! She has been out on trails and is getting legged up to go to her new home. A gentleman who has leukemia is going to be her new partner as long as he gets the ok from his Dr. on Tuesday. Bella will really brighten his life and it feels as if she is paying saving her life, forward. Kinda cool. If you peruse the webshots album, you can see her under tack, but since I am short on photographers, don't have any of someone aboard.

Bella got short changed in the conformation line.... but what physical faults she has, she makes up for in lots of other ways.
Patty Lynch
Whole Horse Hoof Care
Barefoot When Possible, Shoes When Necessary :)

RE:A Foundered Mare that would like to thank.... 25 Jul 2010 08:10 #4

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
Well done to all who worked or contributed to giving this horse a chance.

She looks a heck of a lot better.

Great job.

RE:A Foundered Mare that would like to thank.... 25 Jul 2010 11:58 #5

• Txfarrier
dana fenn wrote:

And to Katy? i don't even know what to say. i hope there is a "special" place for the people you posted about.

Really, Really special . . . . . :mad:

The idea of a Creator that I subscribe to provides ,by his very nature, such a "special" place. I believe its filled with people who have demonstrated by their treatment of animals what is in their heart.
Dutch Denson CF

“A bar of iron costs $5, made into horseshoes its worth is $12, made into needles its worth is $3500, made into balance springs for watches, its worth is $300, 000. Your own value is determined also by what you are able to make of...

RE:A Foundered Mare that would like to thank.... 29 Jul 2010 23:05 #6

• irishcas
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
What a great story and what great help you had Patty.

Good job, while it takes a team, thats for sure, you should be really proud of yourself (and Jim too :D)
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • brianriggs birthday is in 364 days
  • canditemby birthday is in 364 days
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 364 days
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 364 days
  • lonestar birthday is in 364 days
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.