make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adverse effect of setting the shoe back

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 12:43 #166

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Rick,
I have no doubt that moving the breakover back is helpful for a laminitic horse. I would also recognize that in virtually every case we examine post mortem, there is evidence of trauma under the distal margin of P3. Shouldn't this be considered when treating the existing pathology? It is at least possible that in our attempt to lessen the forces of breakover that we are inadvertently placing more force on an area of great concern to the laminitic patient.

Perhaps there is a "happy medium", but to find this we need to measure what's happening.
P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 12:47 #167

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Rick Burten wrote:
It seems to me that if the hoof wall integrity has already been compromised by a pathology, then leaving disinterdigitated dorsal wall in place will only serve to exacerbate the problem(s).

Rick (this is what you get for making me heavily expend cerebral energy ;) )

Remember, this foot is pathological in all trials. The difference is how the dorsal hoof managment further affects hoof capsule integrity.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 13:01 #168

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Rick Burten-Have you considered the effect of a laminar wedge or other distortion on the hoof capsule or an extended lever at the toe, if they are allowed to remain in place?

see post #86
It seems to me that if the hoof wall integrity has already been compromised by a pathology, then leaving disinterdigitated dorsal wall in place will only serve to exacerbate the problem(s).

Mechanical intervention
If, horn is removed by ramping/beveling the toe from the ground, upwards at an angle, would that not retain the integrity of the dorsal hoof wall and not cause a loss of capsular integrity?

Rick (this is what you get for making me heavily expend cerebral energy ;) )

Within the context of this thread, laminitis, "capsular integrity" is key. Mechanical attachment of shoe or appliance , IMO, counterbalances some/most of the mechanical detriment of the pathology. Simplistic, but true. Histological and medical detriment can heal if we provide environments/mechanics/situations for the processes to occur.

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 13:20 #169

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
The force or or in the sole is NOT measured in this experiment. It is calculated by interpolation between two centers of force concentration between the hoof wall and the shoe like this:

If you look at the graphic from the force plate software you will see changes in color in the areas of F1 and F2. Draw a line connecting those area. The force at F2 is greater than the force at F1. Therefore the interpolated center of distribution those forces (the red diamond in the force plate graphic) is offset closer to F2.

That is how the instrument measured and calculated what is represented in the graphic. Based on that, some people are making assumptions that the calculated force is the actual force in the calculated center under the tip of P3.

You can measure the weight under each tire on a car and determine the center of weight distribution over the frame. You can change something in the care and that will affect the results of the measurement.

What you CAN NOT KNOW from the calculated distribution is which specific components in the suspension have experienced a change in stress and strain. Therefore, making assertions or forming conclusions about unmeasured parts of the system is CONJECTURE.

If what I am trying to explain is not crystal clear to you, then you probably should not be making any decisions about the relevance of the output from the measurement tools.

First understand what the tool is doing before you let the tool do your thinking for you.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 13:35 #170

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
The force or or in the sole is NOT measured in this experiment. It is calculated by interpolation between two centers of force concentration between the hoof wall and the shoe like this:

If you look at the graphic from the force plate software you will see changes in color in the areas of F1 and F2. Draw a line connecting those area. The force at F2 is greater than the force at F1. Therefore the interpolated center of distribution those forces (the red diamond in the force plate graphic) is offset closer to F2.

That is how the instrument measured and calculated what is represented in the graphic. Based on that, some people are making assumptions that the calculated force is the actual force in the calculated center under the tip of P3.

You can measure the weight under each tire on a car and determine the center of weight distribution over the frame. You can change something in the care and that will affect the results of the measurement.

What you CAN NOT KNOW from the calculated distribution is which specific components in the suspension have experienced a change in stress and strain. Therefore, making assertions or forming conclusions about unmeasured parts of the system is CONJECTURE.

If what I am trying to explain is not crystal clear to you, then you probably should not be making any decisions about the relevance of the output from the measurement tools.

First understand what the tool is doing before you let the tool do your thinking for you.

First one must undersatnd the the bones of a horse's limbs are assymetrical. A basic premise.:rolleyes:

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 13:38 #171

• tbloomer
  • Master
Jaye Perry wrote:
Histological and medical detriment can heal if we provide environments/mechanics/situations for the processes to occur.
AND some can heal in spite of what we provide. As empirical situations show, many different protocols (environments/mechanics/situations) appear to work on many different horses some of the time while NONE appear to work on all horses all of the time.

"IT" is a very big word in the context of the question - "On WHAT does it depend?" Sometimes "IT" jumps up and bites us on the a$$ and sometimes "IT" smacks us in the forehead.

Deal with "IT."
Get over "IT."
Don't let "IT" get to you.

. . . and damn "IT." :)
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 13:44 #172

• tbloomer
  • Master
Jaye Perry wrote:
tbloomer;177411]
First one must undersatnd the the bones of a horse's limbs are assymetrical. A basic premise.:rolleyes:
Are you saying that I don't understand that in spite of the fact that I just provided a diagram that substantiates my understanding? You agree with me and then tell me I'm wrong?
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 14:00 #173

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
tbloomer wrote:
AND some can heal in spite of what we provide. As empirical situations show, many different protocols (environments/mechanics/situations) appear to work on many different horses some of the time while NONE appear to work on all horses all of the time.

"IT" is a very big word in the context of the question - "On WHAT does it depend?" Sometimes "IT" jumps up and bites us on the a$$ and sometimes "IT" smacks us in the forehead.

Deal with "IT."
Get over "IT."
Don't let "IT" get to you.

. . . and damn "IT." :)

If it OCCURS

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 14:05 #174

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
tbloomer wrote:
Are you saying that I don't understand that in spite of the fact that I just provided a diagram that substantiates my understanding? You agree with me and then tell me I'm wrong?

What you CAN NOT KNOW from the calculated distribution is which specific components in the suspension have experienced a change in stress and strain. Therefore, making assertions or forming conclusions about unmeasured parts of the system is CONJECTURE

Conjecture is the word. Stress and strain are measured with other devices:

Thomason JJ, Bignell WW, Batiste D, and Sears W. 2004 Effects of hoofshape, body mass and velocity on surface strain in the wall of the unshod forehoof of Standardbreds trotting on a treadmill. Equine and Comparative Exercise Physiology 1: 87-97.
McClinchey HL, Thomason JJ, and Jofriet, JC. 2003 Isolating the effects of equine hoof shape measurements on capsule strain with finite element analysis. Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology 16: 67-75.
Thomason JJ, McClinchey HL, and Jofriet, JC. 2002 The analysis of strain and stress in the equine hoof capsule using finite element methods: comparison with principal strains recorded in vivo. Equine Veterinary Journal 34:719-725.
Jenkins, I, Thomason JJ, and Norman DB. 2002 Primates and engineering principles: applications to craniodental mechanisms in ancient terrestrial predators.

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 16:17 #175

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Tom,
Teh red diamond represents the center of peak force within the area of interest (the red shape outlining the dorsal sole). The black and white diamond represents the CoF for the peak force on the entire foot.

Also, this measurement is evaluated at the walk only. For what you are trying to show, I would think you would need to track the CoF throughout the stride.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 16:43 #176

• tbloomer
  • Master
The following is an illustration to explain how I view the method of data collection and analysis in the experiment at the beginning of this thread. Perhaps it may help the reader understand how technology can be used to make measurements and provide results that may not have any real bearing on the situation.

Last night there were earthquakes reported in Seattle, Atlantic City, Los Angeles, and and Charleston. These earthquakes all happened at the same time. We fed that information into our computer. The computer performed calculations on that information and produced this graphical representation of the result.

According the the computer there was a really big earthquake somewhere between Topeka and St. Louis. Based on the scientific computer analysis, we have concluded that there is property damage and loss of life in the area inside the blue diamond and the damage is centered a the blue + sign.

Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 17:31 #177

• hurleycane
http://horseshoes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11270&stc=1&d=1254730546

Woah!!! Please explain Mr Talisman! Why was the wall removed from any supporting role?

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 17:49 #178

• reillyshoe
  • Master
I am not sure that you understand how I am arriving at the data Tom. The graphs that I have put up are only comparing the peak force in an average stride inside this red area.

I have not commented anywhere on the force changes in other regions of the solar hoof. You vector diagram included information from outside this red zone.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 19:40 #179

• David Gill
Tom, do I detect a slight hint of jealousy?

Of course I know that if I had Pat’s techno equipment, I could rewrite the rules of horseshoeing as we now know it!

But if you truly want to help us mere mortals, don’t blame us for not understanding; make you self understood more easily.

I’m positive you have more to offer and I'm also sure that you have the ability to help others make the best use of Pat’s findings.

David W. Gill AFCL
http://www.thefarrierbox.co.uk/

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 05 Oct 2009 21:27 #180

• tbloomer
  • Master
1. "with a force measuring sensor positioned in between the shoe/pad and the foot."
2. "a roller motion shoe with a Sigafoos cuff and convex silicone impression material"

How does the sensor measure force in the "area of interest?"

"the peak force measured under the distal margin of P3 increased by 15%"

The sensor is measuring the force between the hoof and shoe. How does it MEASURE the force between the solar surface at the tip of P3 (the area of interest) and the ground, the pad, the shoe, or anything at all if that area is convex silicone impression material?

The shoe is directly transmitting ground force (pushing against) the sensor and the hoof is directly transmitting weight bearing force (pushing against) the sensor.

What is pushing against the sensor in the area of interest? It is convex silicone impression material. Compared to the silicone impression material, the shoe and the hoof are relatively hard and unyielding. How does the sensor determine the force in an area where there is not force?

Put a stack of horseshoes 6 feet high on top of the sensor. The sensor will show the center of "pressure" to be somewhere in the center of that stack of horseshoes. But in the center of that stack of horseshoes there is nothing but AIR. What have you got? More air pressure inside the stack of horseshoes? The sensor says the center of the force is in the middle of that empty space. Indeed the CALCULATED center of the force IS there, but there is NO weight bearing or ground support reaction - it is empty space.

So what is the sensor trying to say? Is it trying to say that it has measured force in empty space? How can that make any sense (pun intended) at all?
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.