make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adverse effect of setting the shoe back

Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 29 Sep 2009 23:33 #1

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
While there might be many beneficial reasons for setting the shoe back on a laminitic foot, many farriers have been resistant to the practice based upon their experience with the foot "collapsing" over time. In an effort to help quantify this effect, a laminitc horse was shod in a practice consistent with laminitis treatments at New Bolton Center with a force measuring sensor positioned in between the shoe/pad and the foot. The horse was walked for seven strides and the first and last stride eliminated. Comparitive trials were conducted with:
1. The toe hanging over the front of the foot and
2. Squared off bluntly

the trials were repaeted to assess repeatibility.

Here is the initial radiograph of the RF foot:

Here is some images showing the shoe/pad combination ( a roller motion shoe with a Sigafoos cuff and convex silicone impression material). The first testing shows the extend to which the shoe was set back:
P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 29 Sep 2009 23:39 #2

• reillyshoe
  • Master
The horse was then walked accross a flat surface and the forces on the foot recorded:

In the force image above, the toe points to the right of the screen. The graph below the force image shows the total force on the foot at the walk over several strides in green. An area of interest was created to measure the solar force under the distal margin of P3. This area is outlined in red of the force map, and is shown on the graph as the red line.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 29 Sep 2009 23:43 #3

• reillyshoe
  • Master
The dorsal hoofwall was then squared off without moving either the shoe, the pad or the sensor and the walking pattern was repeated. The overall force on the foot remained unchanged between these two trials, meaning the horse's speed and/or comfort level remained consistent between the two data sets.
The amount of hoofwall removed can be seen here:
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 29 Sep 2009 23:50 #4

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Keep Postin' Baby!:cool::eek::)

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 29 Sep 2009 23:51 #5

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Jaye Perry wrote:
Keep Postin' Baby!:cool::eek::)
Ditto!!!!
This is great stuff!
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 29 Sep 2009 23:59 #6

• reillyshoe
  • Master
The following graph outlines a comparison of the force measured under the distal margin of P3 (in the same outlined area) between the two trials. The respective curves represent the averaged force over four strides (having eliminated the first and last stride of the recordings).

In this graph the red line illustrates the force on the dorsal sole with the toe hanging over the shoe, and the green line illustrates the force under P3 once the overhanging hoof has been removed.

Conclusion

In the averaged stride, the peak force measured under the distal margin of P3 increased by 15% once the overhanging toe was removed. While farriers and veterinarians can debate the potential benefits of reducing the mechanical forces exerted on the hoof and foot during locomotion, there does seem to be an adverse effect on hoof capsule integrity created by the removal of this hoof. There are certainly methods of overcoming this increase in dorsal solar pressure, however it is important to note that this shoeing practice does create the need to overcome greater force in an area that we are all interested in protecting on the laminitic patient.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:02 #7

Hi Pat,

What, if any, influence do you think the structural properties of the cuff and the subsequent "containment" of the foot have on this study?

Logic says (to me anyway) that the containment of the quarters and the pillars/toe quarters would give strength to the dorsal horn above the removed toe portion. Creating a "foundationed arch". Not saying this is good or bad, just wondering about some of the variables.

Without that cuff containment do you feel the study would have shown different results?

Thanks for posting.

Regards,
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:05 #8

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Brian Purrington wrote:
Hi Pat,

What, if any, influence do you think the structural properties of the cuff and the subsequent "containment" of the foot have on this study?

Logic says (to me anyway) that the containment of the quarters and the pillars/toe quarters would give strength to the dorsal horn above the removed toe portion. Creating a "foundationed arch".

Without that cuff containment do you feel the study would have shown different results?

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

The "arch" was effected with dorsal wall removal. The glueing of the cuff in this applicationale method was not a factor IMO.
Only resultant was when horn was removed; the "cuff" never changed..

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:06 #9

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Brian,
I cut out the center of the cuff before the first trial.
As the cuff was never in place over the dorsal hoofwall, and the amount of fabric and adhesive remained consistant between the two trials, I could only speculate about its effect.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:09 #10

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
reillyshoe wrote:
Brian,
As the cuff was never in place over the dorsal hoofwall, and the amount of fabric and adhesive remained consistant between the two trials, I could only speculate about its effect.
I will stop Patrick, CJF*. Sorry:o

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:11 #11

• reillyshoe
  • Master
You seem a little over excited Jaye. Give me a minute, I type slowly!:)
Also, I should explain that I was introduced at a conference last year as Patrick O'Reilly, CJF. Jaye laughed so hard he fell out of his seat. I haven't had so much fun since a podology student referred to me as Dr. Reilly in front of the Chief of surgery.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:25 #12

reillyshoe wrote:
Brian,

I guess my thoughts go to the cuff restricting the movement of the bottom of the "arch" either with toe or without.

As I said "foundationed arch" - an arch with connected foundational points at both ends.(due to the containment of the cuff.) I understand that the cuff was cut out at the toe it's the "containment" that I feel makes the toe quarters stable and creates the foundation.

Does that make better sense?

Regards,
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:39 #13

• reillyshoe
  • Master
It does make sense, however if anything this should make the hoof more stabile than if the shoe was nailed on. The change in measured solar pressure changed while the cuff remained unchanged, so the most likely cause is the removal of the toe. Agreed?

If the shoe was nailed on the difference in solar pressure might be greater than what I observed.
P

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 00:55 #14

reillyshoe wrote:
It does make sense, however if anything this should make the hoof more stabile than if the shoe was nailed on.
I agree completely. That is what I was trying to say (and get you to say)
The change in measured solar pressure changed while the cuff remained unchanged, so the most likely cause is the removal of the toe. Agreed?
Agreed again. As I said, I am not saying "good or bad" Just thinking about factors.
If the shoe was nailed on the difference in solar pressure might be greater than what I observed.
Yes that would make sense.(IMO) An unclipped shoe would allow the toe quarters to slightly slip outward thus allowing the solar surface to drop further. A clipped shoe might give similar results as the sig/cuff.

The lack of "arch foundation" IMO would change the results drasticly.

Thanks again for posting.

Regards,
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:Adverse effect of setting the shoe back 30 Sep 2009 01:26 #15

Very Nice!

2 topics/ questions I have.

I currently shoe my possibly foundered mare in a NB shoe setting the shoe back, and or placing it on the foot close to NB protocol. I dress the dorsal wall back to the shoe and she seems to do really well? If this mare is foundered would you suggest to leave that dorsal wall alone?

In the Photos of the feet you posted there is still "flare" in the dorsal wall even though that the toe was squared off. Do you think that dressing the wall straight would decrease the dorsal solar pressure? Or would the outcome remain the same.

So in my thinking am I increasing dorsal solar pressure even in barefoot horses when I dress the flare out of the dorsal wall? Or does the shoe and pad applied make all the difference. How about just measurements on square toe, rolled toe, rocker toe even on health feet?

Sorry if this all come out muttered I'm not sure what I really want to say yet!

Thanks
Jarred
Jarred Oates
Oates Equine Service's
Farrier-Massage-Aromathearpy-Training

Hocking College Equine Science
(farrier, equine health, and wilderness horsemanship)

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.