make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steel Egg Bar

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:06 #16

• calshoer
  • Guru
I explained my ideas about the forces of an egg bar on the hoof capsule quite plainly. Apparently you disagree, but you refuse to state exactly why. So now, please answer my questions as to why you disagree, in mechanical terms. Or don't waste any more of everyone's time .
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:08 #17

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
FWIW,

"The distal sesamoidean impar ligament"

"The lesions of the DSIL have not been well documented. It is NOT possible to differeniate scingraphilly(MRI recently) because of the close anatomicl proximity; the only viable view of a injured Impar Ligament is endoscopy............"

from the little red book you own and other researched indenties.....

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:09 #18

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
calshoer wrote:
I explained my ideas about the forces of an egg bar on the hoof capsule quite plainly. Apparently you disagree, but you refuse to state exactly why. So now, please answer my questions as to why you disagree, in mechanical terms. Or don't waste any more of everyone's time .

I don't waste time. You waste time with banter and no researchable facts.

BTW, never said I disagree; your perception:rolleyes:

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:33 #19

• calshoer
  • Guru
HERE Jaye, from the same book.....page 428 ....

" magnetic resonance Imaging (MRI) has given us a superior diagnostic tool to image soft tissue structures of the foot. The recent use of MRI in equine lameness problems has has allowed us to gain valuable insight into the pathologic problems occurring in horses with palmer foot pain .MRI is particularly useful in the recognition of abnormally high signal (fluid) in the structures if the DDFT, IL.and collateral ligaments. With MRI we are also able to detect navicular bone edema as well as articular cartilage damage in the navicular region.
In one study, 18 horses with unilateral or bilateral palmer foot pain without radiographic or sonographic abnormalities underwent MRI evaluation.
Primary lesions involving the DDFT were found in 7 horses, 2 had DIP joint cartilage or subchondral bone problems (determined by increased fluid within the bone itself) and 2 had IL lesions . MRI seems to be the most sensitive tool for detection of soft tissue injuries in the foot region of the horse."

Jaye , in at least that study 2 out of 18 is a bit more than .0004 percent. And MRI is, according to that author (same book) a good tool for finding it.

Now.... you still have not addressed how the mechanics of egg bars apply here. Care to try discussing that ?
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:38 #20

cowboyshoer22 wrote:
I have not encountered very many navicular horses so I dont really know the best shoeing options. Has anybody had success from just steel egg bar shoes? I know the heels need to be brought back and I was thinking this was the shoe for the job. And if so is there anything special I need to do to fit them properly. Also are clips needed? Open to any suggestions.

The problem is a proper diagnosis. Egg bars may do the trick, however it depends on a lot of variables. If the horse is sore to frog pressure for whatever reason, egg bars will probably provide relief, however you may see problems in the hoof caused by pressure into the heels down the road. A straight bar, hard pad, full wedge pad, sigafoos glueon, rim pads, thicker shoe may also give you the same results. I think it is difficult to tell what is providing relief, when you put everything into a shoeing package, such as a rolled or rockered toe, NB shoe, easing breakover by setting the shoes back and adding a very protective plastic pad. Could just be the pad. :rolleyes:
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:43 #21

• calshoer
  • Guru
Oh Jaye, you also took the Dyson -Marks cite from page 537 totally out of context and mis quoted them.
They actually say that scintigraphy and endoscopy did not offer good views of the impar ligament but that enlargement of the ligament and a 'bright signal ' had been seen in 4 lame horses.

In other words, the MRI showed the ligament better than the other methods.

And that was way back before 2003 when that book was published. You either mis read or mis interpreted it.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 03:45 #22

• calshoer
  • Guru
egg bars will probably provide relief, however you may see problems in the hoof caused by pressure into the heels down the road.
THANK YOU PHIL!

..........now we'll ask Jaye if he agrees or not. ;)
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 04:19 #23

Mrs. Patty,

Just a singal question, I am not trying to step on toes or anything of that nature but from reading posts previously and on several different threads I have to wonder.....Do you thank the only way to shoe a horse is with the NB protocol for every problem that affects equine feet and locomotion?

Just curious

Thanks
Randy Autrey

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 04:37 #24

• calshoer
  • Guru
I did not mention NB anywhere in this thread, did I?
I am simply discussing the need (or lack thereof) for an egg bar when the foot is trimmed to optimize the caudal foot function and breakover eased, to reduce the toe leverage forces that cause the navicular issues.
Pure mechanics.
If you feel that that getting good foot mechanics constitutes NB, then then I suppose that is what NB is. I can't help that . . :)
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 06:10 #25

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
That horse has navicular i posted
i had normal front shoes on him

was not to happy
is going good with the egg bars

you can talk all day about this and that
the the client is happy and more important

the horse is happy
i dont make and fit egg-bars for the crack of it

here is one i done some days ago
no heel flat foot
you dont get much to take off
he has nav he is 8 years now shod with egg-bars
he is doing fine
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 14:23 #26

• calshoer
  • Guru
Smitty your work is far better than most, particularly the trimming. Many farriers miss the trim completely and rely on just the shoe, thereby causing secondary problems later on. In your area where it is probably wet and softer the egg bars probably are a good assist in keeping the heels from sinking in and breaking back the coffin joint angle at impact. So I'm not condemning egg bars ,they do serve useful purpose in SOME cases. They are just not very necessary in most.

One other reason besides keeping the heel out of the ground in regards to why so many farriers see results with egg bars is the distance from center of articulation of the coffin joint to breakover point. If the toe is fit with a perimeter fit, flat shoe (no roll or rocker), then the egg bar helps equalize the distance from the COA rearward.
In other words it balances out the ground surface loading forces around the center of articulation of the coffin joint. That's another reason it gets results.
So If the farrier were to move the move the breakover point back, then he/she would not need need that extra length of shoe out the back of the foot to balance it out .

I am just trying to get people to think more about the internal structures involved in navicular area pain and think about correcting it more from the hoof capsule aspect instead of just the shoe, and thereby help prevent secondary capsule problems caused by the shoe.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 17:13 #27

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
The benifits of egg bars are when fitted to anyone case .when then that animal becomes sound...
The thing we learn here is that the shoe helps the hoof from wipping back down into the arena surface when ridden ....It was a fad here all owners wanted egg bars front and hind for sometime ....the arenas have got better in a whole now so the shoe has almost gone apart from some where it is used and helps..

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 17:21 #28

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Ray,
do you have any horses in egg-bars at the moment?
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 19:33 #29

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
smitty88 wrote:
Ray,
do you have any horses in egg-bars at the moment?

...Yes one pony ..and one arab with an open toe, well a reverse shoe really....

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 20:35 #30

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
calshoer..... In your area where it is probably wet and softer the egg bars probably are a good assist in keeping the heels from sinking in and breaking back the coffin joint angle at impact. ...

thought that happened at load and mid-stance
One other reason besides keeping the heel out of the ground in regards to why so many farriers see results with egg bars is the distance from center of articulation of the coffin joint to breakover point. If the toe is fit with a perimeter fit, flat shoe (no roll or rocker), then the egg bar helps equalize the distance from the COA rearward.

Somebody mentioned the same in a pithy reply. " Moves force mechanics more caudal"

In other words it balances out the ground surface loading forces around the center of articulation of the coffin joint. That's another reason it gets results.
So If the farrier were to move the move the breakover point back, then he/she would not need need that extra length of shoe out the back of the foot to balance it out .

hmmm......no support like this :

I am just trying to get people to think more about the internal structures involved in navicular area pain and think about correcting it more from the hoof capsule aspect instead of just the shoe, and thereby help prevent secondary capsule problems caused by the shoe.

Wonder if the structures are already compromised like these; the application of eggbars on this horse won many Hunter Classics:

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.