make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday June 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steel Egg Bar

Steel Egg Bar 05 Aug 2009 09:30 #1

I have not encountered very many navicular horses so I dont really know the best shoeing options. Has anybody had success from just steel egg bar shoes? I know the heels need to be brought back and I was thinking this was the shoe for the job. And if so is there anything special I need to do to fit them properly. Also are clips needed? Open to any suggestions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Steel Egg Bar 05 Aug 2009 13:46 #2

• calshoer
  • Guru
The longer (egg bar) shoe is not the solution to treating navicular syndrome or disease.Other factors are.
1) The trim. Trimming the heels back to remove all underrun material is critical to move the base of support (the base of the hoof CAPSULE) more rearward under the foot and navicular bone area.

2) reduce leverage on the toe and the internal structures at the moment of breakover.This means knowing where P3 is inside the foot and keeping the point of breakover near or under the tip of the bone, not far ahead of it.

3) alignment of the distal phalanxes is also critical ,to reduce stress on the impar ligament and the coffin joint surfaces. This may mean adding wedges if the bones do not align once the heels are trimmed and the frog engaged in the support of the coffin joint.

Get all three right and your on your way to successful treatment. Egg bars are rarely necessary if everything else is done right.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 05 Aug 2009 18:15 #3

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
cowboyshoer22 wrote:
I have not encountered very many navicular horses so I dont really know the best shoeing options. Has anybody had success from just steel egg bar shoes? I know the heels need to be brought back and I was thinking this was the shoe for the job. And if so is there anything special I need to do to fit them properly. Also are clips needed? Open to any suggestions.

Yes i have had good success with steel egg-bars
nothing special in fitting
you dont want to be tight or short
i prefer clips
i prefer making them as well i find its easier
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Steel Egg Bar 06 Aug 2009 16:36 #4

• mwmyersdvm
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
When the hoof is trimmed that well nearly any good shoe application will just 'put the icing on the cake'. Not sure you really need an egg bar on that well prepared a hoof. Might be why they are so succesful for you. You are selling your trimming skills too short :)

M. W. Myers, D.V.M.

RE:Steel Egg Bar 06 Aug 2009 21:32 #5

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
What does the steel egg bar really do??
what do they reduce or stop??
The question is maybe the way to know with which cases regarding Navicular the shoe has possitive effects..

RE:Steel Egg Bar 06 Aug 2009 23:28 #6

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Ray_Knightley wrote:
What does the steel egg bar really do??
what do they reduce or stop??
The question is maybe the way to know with which cases regarding Navicular the shoe has possitive effects..

Moves force mechanics more caudual.

RE:Steel Egg Bar 06 Aug 2009 23:30 #7

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
mwmyersdvm wrote:
When the hoof is trimmed that well nearly any good shoe application will just 'put the icing on the cake'. Not sure you really need an egg bar on that well prepared a hoof. Might be why they are so succesful for you. You are selling your trimming skills too short :)

M. W. Myers, D.V.M.

Learned a long time ago; "If ain't broke , don't fix it".:rolleyes:
Smitty-Yes i have had good success with steel egg-bars
nothing special in fitting

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 01:16 #8

• calshoer
  • Guru
Moves force mechanics more caudual.
"mechanics" That could mean anything.lets be more specific. The egg bar adds a lever arm out the back of the foot.
It moves the SUPPORT forces, (the ground reaction force) more caudally ,which can increase stresses in the heel buttresses of the foot itself.
That can lead to the eventual detriment of the foot if the heel buttresses of the foot are not also moved caudally via trimming them back.
An overgrown /underrun heel with an egg bar is a recipe for causing more caudal foot pain because of the increased force in the heel buttresses.particularly at landing when that bar hits the ground before the foot. The reason the egg bar works at first is because it keeps the heels up on the ground on landing instead of letting it sink down ,that's all.
An egg bar ,unless rolled or rockered, also does absolutely nothing to reduce the leverage forces on the toe at breakover,which will cause stress in the impar ligament ,navicular bone and coffin joint , all common factors in 'navicular syndrome'.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 01:39 #9

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
calshoer wrote:
"mechanics" That could mean anything.lets be more specific. The egg bar adds a lever arm out the back of the foot.
It moves the SUPPORT forces, (the ground reaction force) more caudally ,which can increase stresses in the heel buttresses of the foot itself.
That can lead to the eventual detriment of the foot if the heel buttresses of the foot are not also moved caudally via trimming them back.
An overgrown /underrun heel with an egg bar is a recipe for causing more caudal foot pain because of the increased force in the heel buttresses.particularly at landing when that bar hits the ground before the foot. The reason the egg bar works at first is because it keeps the heels up on the ground on landing instead of letting it sink down ,that's all.
An egg bar ,unless rolled or rockered, also does absolutely nothing to reduce the leverage forces on the toe at breakover,which will cause stress in the impar ligament ,navicular bone and coffin joint , all common factors in 'navicular syndrome'.

Don't start a game you can't seem to finish Patty; w/o crying "Uncle" due to facts:rolleyes:

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 02:00 #10

• calshoer
  • Guru
So Jaye, what EXACTLY did you mean by "force mechanics". That is extremely vague. So please be more specific.
What forces exactly? Forces in or on what structures inside the foot ? Or what forces on the outside of the foot? Or up in the leg?

This could actually be a very good discussion on the mechanics of egg bars, so let's be civil and discuss it.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 02:12 #11

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
calshoer wrote:
So Jaye, what EXACTLY did you mean by "force mechanics". That is extremely vague. So please be more specific.
What forces exactly? Forces in or on what structures inside the foot ? Or what forces on the outside of the foot? Or up in the leg?

This could actually be a very good discussion on the mechanics of egg bars, so let's be civil and discuss it.

GEEEZZ, Again I have to educate the educator:rolleyes:

Why don't you explain the forces w/o the " Papal Scrolls/Text"; bet ya can't do it! (?):cool:

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 02:19 #12

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
So if you feel you must again educate the educator, then do it. Stop answering her questions with challenges and questions. Go ahead, fulfill that need and let's see some educating.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 02:27 #13

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Cyber Farrier wrote:
So if you feel you must again educate the educator, then do it. Stop answering her questions with challenges and questions. Go ahead, fulfill that need and let's see some educating.

Baron

I asked a pertinent question. If she can't answer it w/o the customary and usual talking points; well.........

I have answered so many questions, demands and other inquiries from her; she doesn't post any of her "RECENT WORK" but likes to throw rocks from afar.

Delete my post, I don't care!

She has to prove to ME and others that she can provide interesting and useful information beyond the "Talking Points"~~~ "Impar Ligament is only .0004% of foot lameness in all horses in the U.S.A.."

I provide fact not usual and customary nomenclature:rolleyes:

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 02:46 #14

• calshoer
  • Guru
"Impar Ligament is only .0004% of foot lameness in all horses in the U.S.A.."
cite?

I am not discussing anyones shoeing here ,yours or mine.
I am discussing the mechanics of egg bars.
So please cite your number quoted, and please tell us what else exactly in my post you disagree with, and your reasons. That would be a start.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Steel Egg Bar 07 Aug 2009 02:50 #15

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
calshoer wrote:
cite?

I am not discussing anyones shoeing here ,yours or mine.
I am discussing the mechanics of egg bars.
So please cite your number quoted, and please tell us what else exactly in my post you disagree with, and your reasons. That would be a start.

I asked first. Again, you demand w/o showing pertinate facts outside the 'Nomenclature'. I always back up my words w/ facts. BTW, you still have the little red book. Study it and you will find the numbers.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kunena Birthday Module

• cowgirlup birthday is today
  • gabear67E2 birthday is today
  • jimmyoyow birthday is today
  • AClement birthday is in 1 day
  • andreanelson birthday is in 1 day
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is in 1 day
  • Docbarhorse birthday is in 1 day
  • SherryinPA birthday is in 1 day
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.