make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: your thoughts on these x rays

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 20:56 #76

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
scruggs1 wrote:
Well, if you just want a specific answer, it is the reestablishment of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the check and balance system of TIMMP's vs. MMP's which allow the hoof wall to grown down and maintain their attachment to the distal phalanx.

Until this process occurs (usually within 24-72 hours) anything that attempts to mechanically prevent distal migration compromises the prognosis...especially something that localizes those pressures to a specific area like the frog. Foam, sand, impression material, etc. do not stop the process either, they distribute the ground pressures more evenly across the entire solar surface. Nailing a heart bar to an actively rotating foot is the mechanical equivalent of trying to strangle someone in the process of having a stroke to keep the clot from going further.

(sorry Rick, Patrick, and Jaye...you only need to give so much rope)

You "POINTY HEADED" B^^^H!:eek::p:D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 21:41 #77

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
I am not sure I agree John. Any mechanical treatment which reduces the tension of the dorsal lammellar interface would be potentially useful during an acute episode, don't you think?
I know one study found a cast/wedge combination to be more effective at reducing strain on the dorsal hoofwall than a heart bar shoe.
P

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 21:51 #78

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
"Scruggie" is talking MMP( MMP attachment of coded enzymes), histology for those who are chemically impaired, that has found to be both productive and wasteful.

Mechanics are what we are, thus your divergant from "Scruggie's" histology lesson. Pat pleaze pay attention in class!:rolleyes::p

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 22:38 #79

• scruggs1
reillyshoe wrote:
I am not sure I agree John. Any mechanical treatment which reduces the tension of the dorsal lammellar interface would be potentially useful during an acute episode, don't you think?

Yes, hence the reference to the foam, sand, and impression material. But these things do not prevent the distal migration, they redistribute pressure points of normal force coming from the ground. This redistribution unloads the lamellar interface (the dorsal mechanical aid I believe you are referencing) to varying degrees, but unlike nailing a heartbar, they do not compromise by constriction, localized areas of the plexus and subsequent nourished tissues. My contention is that the only thing that will stop the distal migration in the acute phase is the return of the TIMMP's to their role in the negative feedback cycle. If the germinal cells of the epidermal lamella have no way to reattach themselves to the basement membrane, it doesn't matter what we do to the foot. Further compressing the tissues between the distal surface of P3 and the horny frog by nailing a heartbar during the acute phase is counter productive.

The heartbar certainly has a utility in the chronic phase, but it actually increases pressure on the ddft. ;)
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 23:18 #80

• reillyshoe
  • Master
So if a horse is non weightbearing during the period of lammellar compromise? Would displacement be prevented?
P

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 23:34 #81

• scruggs1
reillyshoe wrote:
So if a horse is non weightbearing during the period of lammellar compromise? Would displacement be prevented?

Ha! You are on to something here. We can put them in space or just keep them lying down. Wouldn't prevent detachment, but gravitational induced displacement would be negated...unless you count displacement as the void of a few microns distance across created when the hemidesmosomes are absolved. I guess it just 'depends' on you level of 'sticklerness'. :D
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 22 May 2010 23:47 #82

• reillyshoe
  • Master
John,
If a horse experiences a systemically induced episode of acute laminitis, why are the front feet usually affected more than the hind feet? Is the answer purely weight, or are the mechanics related to displacement of P3/hoof capsule?
P

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 00:24 #83

• scruggs1
Pat,
You are getting me in trouble..I am at the sister-in-laws and having to hide in the house so I can whip out the crackberry and respond. But, since I am already 'in the bathroom' I think I have been given enough rope here. I'll stick my neck out further and take one more stab anyway.

Sure, the ddft in the front plays a greater role because it is directly attached to the muscle head. In the front gravity and ddf contraction both contribute to detachment. Applications that reduce ddft tension, static and dynamic, are useful in decreasing detachment...particularly in the acute phase. Unless the abaxial ddft preesure somehow reduces axial tension, I can not see how a heartbar is beneficial in the acute stage..unless it has swelled heels and the bar is not touching the frog.
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 00:30 #84

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Then you would presumably be in favor of wedging the front feet in an extreme manner during an acute laminitis episode? This would reduce DDFT tension and (following your logic) limit displacement?
P

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 00:56 #85

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
scruggs1 wrote:
........ when the hemidesmosomes are absolved........
is this done by a member of the clergy or can a lay person perform the ceremony?:p If its a member of the clergy, what denomination is preferred?;)
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 02:26 #86

• scruggs1
Rick Burten wrote:
is this done by a member of the clergy or can a lay person perform the ceremony?:p If its a member of the clergy, what denomination is preferred?;)

Mr. Rick,
I believe the mmp's that perform the service are non-denominational. Once the union is broken between the basal cell and the membrane, the real question I have is who gets custody of the molecules. :p

Mr. Reilly,
I am going to refrain from being led further down into the inductive reasoning labrynth until I am home and in the company of my library...besides, my mother-in-law is really wearing me out at the cards because you are getting more of my limited cerebral power than 'hand and foot' is right now. I will try to either have myself painted into a corner or give you some of your rope back by mid morning. :D
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 05:59 #87

• scruggs1
reillyshoe wrote:
Then you would presumably be in favor of wedging the front feet in an extreme manner during an acute laminitis episode? This would reduce DDFT tension and (following your logic) limit displacement?

Home now. Before narcolepsy grabs hold, I will retract and/or clarify. In the acute phase I am not for localizing weight distribution to the frog by itself. I am all for supporting the caudal aspect of the foot with something that will distribute pressures, as evenly as possible, across all the ground surface structures of caudal aspect of the foot. To what degree this supportive redistribution acts as mechanical inhibition of rotation, I would have to say either it depends or I don't know. Does it mechanically prevent rotation? I don't think so. Does it dampen the degree thereof? It's quite possible, but to what degree, I am not sure. I do think, if nothing else, it makes the horse more comfortable as it attempts to stand on the caudal half of the foot while waiting on the feedback loop to reestablish itself. In my limited experience, nailing a heart bar to an acute laminitic not only causes more pain because of the process, it is not as effective as sticking foam, impression material, or other deformable 'support' under the back of the foot. If one wants to use the heart bar in combination with impression material, it can be taped/vet wrapped on...but at this point, the shoe itself may just be redundant. I am not sure what you would consider "extreme", but I do think elevation can reduce the tension in the ddft, which in turn can reduce laminar tension as can unloading the wall at the toe. I do like the heart bar and think it has beneficial and multiple applications. I don't like it in the acute phase.

My statement of "...anything that attempts to mechanically prevent distal migration compromises the prognosis" would be better and a more correct conveyance of my thought process here as "...anything that attempts to mechanically prevent distal migration, by localizing the support instead of dispersing it, compromises the prognosis."

Since you are our resident expert and probably deal with more of these in one year than most of us will see in our career, what is your protocol and thought process for the acute phase?
Scruggs Farrier Service
John Scruggs, CJF

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 11:46 #88

• reillyshoe
  • Master
I tape domed impression material onto the bottom of the foot without removing the existing shoe (usually).

P

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 23 May 2010 13:18 #89

• reillyshoe
  • Master
P

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 24 May 2010 16:40 #90

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Pat,
Have you done this test with a heartbar? Can you perform it with nailed on shoes or does it destroy the sensor? How about with a clog and IM? Either way you can clearly see that the use of the IM in this fashion spreads out the load, and helps keep the dorsal aspect (and rest of the perimeter hoofwall) from being loaded so heavily. I;ve got to make one of those fancy plates. How long before the IM tears apart?

-josh

Kunena Birthday Module

• ShirleyJ birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is today
  • Blackzmith birthday is in 1 day
  • Lisapony birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Langhof birthday is in 1 day
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 363 days
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.