make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday July 4, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: your thoughts on these x rays

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 21 Jul 2009 00:31 #31

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Well, as long as she walked off better, I don't guess finish really matters right now does it, Dave? What made you choose the sole guard?
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 21 Jul 2009 00:51 #32

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
RJ, i chose the sole guard because i find the equi-pac sticks to the sole better when it is freshly trimmed and real clean. this mares soles are so thin i didn't want to remove anything. all i did was hot fit her then took some sandpaper and a wire brush and cleaned up her soles a bit. i think sole guard sticks better then equi-pac so i went with that. i find they are about the same hardness when cured, vet said either or so i made an executive decision.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 21 Jul 2009 01:01 #33

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Thanks for that explanation, Dave. I'll remember that.
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 21 Jul 2009 03:03 #34

• calshoer
  • Guru
The vet called me this morning and said. good news, i took digital x rays and there is no rotation and she is not a sinker.
How is the vet measuring that? I am no vet , but most vets I know would day she was looked both rotated and sunk.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 21 Jul 2009 12:22 #35

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
From what i gather from what the owners tell me,the vet feels that this bout of lameness is not laminitis but brought on from working the horse harder lately. because she has such thin soles she needed more then just shoes. i think his thoughts are that the little bit of damage is old. owner said she had a bout of lameness a little over a year ago but no treatment was done and no xrays were taken. she was barefoot so they put shoes and pads on her and she got sounder.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 25 Jul 2009 15:04 #36

dave murray wrote:
From what i gather from what the owners tell me,the vet feels that this bout of lameness is not laminitis but brought on from working the horse harder lately. because she has such thin soles she needed more then just shoes. i think his thoughts are that the little bit of damage is old. owner said she had a bout of lameness a little over a year ago but no treatment was done and no xrays were taken. she was barefoot so they put shoes and pads on her and she got sounder.

We are discussing the same horse as who's rads you posted? The little bit of damage as you call it is big damage where I come from.

Ronald Aalders

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 25 Jul 2009 22:08 #37

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
Ron, those are the vets words to the owner,not my opinion. when she came back from the clinic the paper that came with her said . mare was presented with suspected laminitis. after xrays mare has no laminitis, no rotation, not a sinker. shoe with rocker toe,seated out shoe and thin layer of equi-pac or sole guard. which i did. when i spoke to the vet on the phone from the clinic just before he sent her home he told me the same thing. i said she looked on the films to me like she was a sinker, but i'am not a vet nor do i read many films. he said she's not lame enough to be a sinker. i thinking geez she's not laying down lame but sure didn't want to stand on one foot long enough to get the foam changed. they gave her a shot of banamine when i went to shoe her and she sure didn't like me nailing those shoe's on.
Update, owner calls me this morning and say's she's not getting any better , maybe even a little worse. they are turning her out in a small paddock and said she trots around a little on soft ground but pretty sore on hard ground.what should we do? i said to keep her on bute and call the vet mondat morning and he can call me with what he wants done.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 25 Jul 2009 22:24 #38

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
I think I'll still stick with post #29 on this one.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 26 Jul 2009 10:05 #39

dave murray wrote:
Ron, those are the vets words to the owner,not my opinion. when she came back from the clinic the paper that came with her said . mare was presented with suspected laminitis. after xrays mare has no laminitis, no rotation, not a sinker. shoe with rocker toe,seated out shoe and thin layer of equi-pac or sole guard. which i did. when i spoke to the vet on the phone from the clinic just before he sent her home he told me the same thing. i said she looked on the films to me like she was a sinker, but i'am not a vet nor do i read many films. he said she's not lame enough to be a sinker. i thinking geez she's not laying down lame but sure didn't want to stand on one foot long enough to get the foam changed. they gave her a shot of banamine when i went to shoe her and she sure didn't like me nailing those shoe's on.
Update, owner calls me this morning and say's she's not getting any better , maybe even a little worse. they are turning her out in a small paddock and said she trots around a little on soft ground but pretty sore on hard ground.what should we do? i said to keep her on bute and call the vet mondat morning and he can call me with what he wants done.

What ever the case this horse is in big time trouble. Without a professional vet/farrier team this one will head South. Apparently Dave you are the only one professional enough to ask for more information. If the vet had that going for him as well the horse would at least stand a fighting chance.

Don't let this kind of cases get to you Dave, learn from it as much as you can. With the next horse you'll be able to tell if it's a sinker or not. You'll also be able to tell if the coffin bone rotated or not. We learn through cases like this. Probably not a help for this horse, but that's not your fault.

Ronald Aalders

p.s. the pics shows some important measurements you need to get yourself familiar with. The red CE width marks the width between the coronary band and the extensor process. When thiss distance is bigger than 10 mm (3/8") we generally call a a foot as sinker. The blue HL zone shows us the width of the distance between the dorsal hoofwall and the dorsal aspect of P3. When the two are not equal something is going on. When the distance at the apex is larger than the distance just below the extensor process the coffing bone rotated. No discussion possible. However that rotation does not have to be because of laminitis, but often is. And equal but very big HL zone (above 20mm most wouldd say) marks a sinker as well. The yellow sole depth is important as well. Measure the distance from the apex of P3 to the X ray block and distract the black part of that line (here about a third of the distance). That's not sole, it's air. The gray area should be at least 15mm to 20mm thick on a light horse, more on a big horse.
Attachments:

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 26 Jul 2009 11:40 #40

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
Thanks Ron, very good info. this vet also is a CJF and very well respected. if i get to talk to him i will mention this form and suggest he have a look. now for the horse what would you suggest as far as shoeing? i've never done a banana shoe but i'am game to try one.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 26 Jul 2009 17:22 #41

• mwmyersdvm
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
The shape of the tip of P3 indicates this horse is a chronic laminitic. This horse is, and has been, laminitic for some time.

M. W. Myers, D.V.M.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 26 Jul 2009 20:18 #42

dave murray wrote:
Thanks Ron, very good info. this vet also is a CJF and very well respected. if i get to talk to him i will mention this form and suggest he have a look. now for the horse what would you suggest as far as shoeing? i've never done a banana shoe but i'am game to try one.

Hi Dave, since Dr. Redden nor myself would make a dime if the whole world would start using banana shoes I suggest you start with getting comfortable with the mechanics behind the concept. May I suggest you attend the Online Conference?

(Baron agreed to pay me a commission on every entry :D:D)

Ronald Aalders

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 26 Jul 2009 20:56 #43

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
Ron ,thanks i will attend the conference. when is it i must have missed the posting about it? . Ron is the x ray you have marked up in post #40 one that you had or is it the horse i'am working on? they look a bit different to me.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 27 Jul 2009 05:42 #44

I'm not sure where I got that rad Dave, I don't think it's from a horse I ever worked on, I would have remembered (I hope) So it may well be a picture I stole from someone on this very same board.

Ronald Aalders

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 10 Sep 2009 00:57 #45

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
Just an update on this mare. she is holding her own. tears around and seems sound in the indoor arena with a lovely sand footing. i took onto the gravel driveway and jogged her she seemed ok going straight but a bit of a gimp when turned sharp. girl at the farm said she 's worse when they put her in the paddock and her feet get packed with mud. (to ground level). so she can't take the sole pressure. i called the vet to see how he would like me to shoe her as i thought the way we had her ,she was getting a little to much sole pressure. he asked me how i would shoe her . i said i'd like to try her in a shoe with a rolled toe and ground surface ground around the perimiter to ease breakover all around. then i would put a metal plate between the foot and the shoe and then a leather rim pad between the foot and the plate. fill with majic cushion and nail on. vet said sounded like a good idea ,try it and let him know how it works. i did her last friday and owner called today and said she is great. traveling sound and feet are cold. i haven't seen her but i will see her saturday as i have a call just around the corner so i will stop in and see her. i took acoulpe pictures but i moved the camara before it flashed ,so they didn't turn out real good.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Doo Hume birthday is today
  • Foxfire123 birthday is today
  • Issac Maez birthday is today
  • NeliaShott birthday is today
  • Rockinanvil birthday is today
  • Txfarrier birthday is today
  • edie4ABF birthday is in 1 day
  • eldon8duffy birthday is in 1 day
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 363 days
  • Brazilian Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is in 364 days
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.