make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday December 1, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: your thoughts on these x rays

your thoughts on these x rays 08 Jul 2009 21:43 #1

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Three days ago client calls and said she thinks her mare has an abcess. i go down and see the mare ,she is really lame on the left but also seems sore on the right. can't locate any brewing abcess. i tell her i have concerns that the mare may have laminits, and she should have the vet out to look at her. i pulled the shoes and did her up in animalintex . she said she would have the vet out tomorrow. today the vet calls me and leaves a message on my phone that he xrayed the mare and she has rotation in both feet. the right worse then the left, also some ringbone. he left the films at the barn for me to look at. i went down and took pictures of them with my camara. i rasp a rocker toe and put her on styrofoam. i'am going back tomorrow to change them.owner will scan the xrays and mail them to me if needed.pictures aren't very good but maybe you all can give some opinions. not much sole i hope she's not a sinker. left front
right front
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 08 Jul 2009 22:05 #2

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I think the RF looks to have a stonger laminar attachment. LF looks like it's sunk a bit IMO.

You have any feet pics / plans?
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 08 Jul 2009 22:15 #3

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Looks like the picture i had last week almost the same ,there the laminitis was 5 years back.

Looks very much like rotation of P3 the difference in pain is the amount of pressure that tip of P3 bone has against the sole..
I had a mare with the same problem last week .
Try bringing the heels down/back to get the possition of P3 more in line with the sole ,set a shoe back from the toe with quarter clips and then using a wedged full pad with IM under the back of the frog..leaving the space where the tip of P3 is free of and pressure at all ,floot the dorsal wall between the clips a little.
Worked wonders on the mare here and she is now ridden.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 00:37 #4

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
Joey Aczon wrote:
I think the RF looks to have a stonger laminar attachment. LF looks like it's sunk a bit IMO.

You have any feet pics / plans?

she is sorer on the left.my thoughts were that she is sinking. i'll take some pictures of the feet tomorrow when i change the foam as for plans i will talk to the vet tomorrow but i'am thinking give her 3 or 4 day's on the foam and hope the meds help her along. then i can think of a shoeing plan.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 00:44 #5

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
dave murray wrote:
she is sorer on the left.my thoughts were that she is sinking.
Sure looks that way to me.
i'll take some pictures of the feet tomorrow when i change the foam
Why are you going to change the styrofoam? Just add a new layer to the 'base layer' you have just created.
as for plans i will talk to the vet tomorrow but i'am thinking give her 3 or 4 day's on the foam and hope the meds help her along. then i can think of a shoeing plan.
I prefer to leave them on the styrofoam until they are no more than a grade 2 - 2.5 on the AAEP lameness scale.

What ever you do, you are going to have to be rather aggressive in getting that toe out of the way.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 00:45 #6

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
everyhorseisapersontoo wrote:
Looks like the picture i had last week almost the same ,there the laminitis was 5 years back.

Looks very much like rotation of P3 the difference in pain is the amount of pressure that tip of P3 bone has against the sole..
I had a mare with the same problem last week .
Try bringing the heels down/back to get the possition of P3 more in line with the sole ,set a shoe back from the toe with quarter clips and then using a wedged full pad with IM under the back of the frog..leaving the space where the tip of P3 is free of and pressure at all ,floot the dorsal wall between the clips a little.
Worked wonders on the mare here and she is now ridden.

Iam thinking of something along those lines, maybe filling the back half with equi-pac then a shoe with a metal plate with the shoe rounded all around. maybe even a clog. i'll see what the vet wants. don't want to get between the vet and the owner. right now it would be a tough job to nail anything on ,she pretty sore.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 00:50 #7

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
You might consider 3-4 weeks on the styro with stall rest. That horse doesn't have very much between them bones and the ground.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 01:19 #8

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
Rick i was going to cut the front half off put the back half back in and then add a new layer.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 01:22 #9

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
dave murray wrote:
Rick i was going to cut the front half off put the back half back in and then add a new layer.
Excellent and spot on!
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 01:25 #10

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
brian robertson wrote:
You might consider 3-4 weeks on the styro with stall rest. That horse doesn't have very much between them bones and the ground.

you are probally right but this mare is a 40 minute drive from me and the help at the farm isn't the greatest. i'd hate to think of her with nothing protecting those feet should she get the foam off. thats why i'am kinda wanting to get something on those feet as soon as she is sound enough to let me.

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 02:31 #11

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
If the mare is that far away, and you are worried about maintience of the styro, would it be a possibility to get the vet to block the front feet so you could go ahead and shoe the horse.
Chad Rice, CF

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 14:01 #12

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
chad rice in gray

If the mare is that far away, and you are worried about maintience of the styro, would it be a possibility to get the vet to block the front feet so you could go ahead and shoe the horse.

I don't think you'd want to nail/glue/tape any kind of shoe/pad to the foot until the victim is stable, especially if she's trying to sink. Let her stabilize on top of the Styrofoam, then go from there. There are very few hard and fast rules in farriery, but this is one of 'em: Founders don't improve until the bony column is stable.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 22:19 #13

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
The vet seems to want this off his shoulders,(i don't blame him). he wants them to take her to the clinic and let them deal with it. as far as shoeing he told , maybe just nail a shoe and pad on and let them take her to the clinic. he made an appointment for them but they can't get her in till next friday. the vet there Mike Pownell who is also a CJF is away till next week. i have no problem with her going to the clinic i've worked on cases with them before and mr pownell is great to deal with . my only concern would be her bounceing around in the trailer for 2 hrs each way. i went down today and changed the foam . she is about the same as yesterday still pretty sore. i'am going to leave her on the foam for now and see how she does. i took a coulpe pictures . left

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 09 Jul 2009 22:22 #14

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
right front

RE:your thoughts on these x rays 10 Jul 2009 02:06 #15

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
You might suggest to the owner to bed the trailer deep with slightly wet sawdust(1"-2"), re-do the styrofoam and drive slow and careful.

Kunena Birthday Module

• DogwoodFarm birthday is today
  • DressageReine birthday is today
  • ElCamino birthday is today
  • FarrierNTexas birthday is today
  • mark_jakopak birthday is today
  • Matt McMicken birthday is today
  • Matt_McMicken birthday is today
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 1 day
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 1 day
  • JessyJay birthday is in 1 day
  • min54teresa birthday is in 1 day
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 1 day
  • caballus birthday is in 2 days
  • jakethepaint birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.