make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday January 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Botox for laminitis

RE:Botox for laminitis 25 Dec 2009 12:48 #31

• Katy Watts
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I’ve been very skeptical about the value of tenotomy. Until this last fall when I saw Dr. Amy Rucker present a couple times. She has before and after venograms that show dramatic improvements in blood flow in the toe region immediately after tenotomy. The amount of blood supply in a rotated/sunken foot has already been proven to be a good prognostic indicator. Seeing this change so quickly after tenotomy has me rethinking the value of the procedure.

That said, I DO wish that everything else, including changes in diet and proper trim/support be done first before proceeding to cutting.
Katy
Are you feeding your horse like a cow?
www.safergrass.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Botox for laminitis 25 Dec 2009 15:35 #32

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Denise Mc - this was a case done locally here in Texas with Dr. Ric Redden as a consultant during the process. I wish I had had help and been able to take a series of pictures during the course of the project but that wasn't an option at the time. Sole depth changed as P3 returned to a "0" angle after the surgery, so in reality no growth occurred at that time, just P3 moving upwards.
The last 1.5" of the heels were brought back to the dimples of the central sulcus and a parallel plane was sought with the ground surface of the shoe from that point forward. Venograms were done prior to and immediately after surgery and it was amazing to see the increase in blood flow throughout the foot. Eight weeks post surgery the mare returned to barefoot and remains the same today, which is 15 months at this time. About 2 months ago she exhibited discomfort and it was determined that the DDF most probably had re-attached to the SSF at one or both points where the tendon was severed. She was put in Soft-Ride boots with a laminitic wedge insert and is quite comfortable, as of last week, due to the elevation.

The other foot sank but maintained perfect HPA. The tendon was also cut and a tenotomy rail shoe was applied. That foot has presented no problem but is also in a Soft-Ride.

She is a 28 y/o arabian 3 day eventer now retired, and has hoof pair asymmetry.

RE:Botox for laminitis 25 Dec 2009 16:48 #33

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Donnie Walker wrote:
The other foot sank but maintained perfect HPA. The tendon was also cut and a tenotomy rail shoe was applied.
Donnie,

What was the thinking/reasoning behind the tenotomy on this leg? I'm interested because since the HPA was in place, I don't see what purpose a tenotomy would serve.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Botox for laminitis 25 Dec 2009 18:24 #34

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Rick Burten wrote:
Donnie,

What was the thinking/reasoning behind the tenotomy on this leg? I'm interested because since the HPA was in place, I don't see what purpose a tenotomy would serve.

Rick

I should have said that P1, 2 & 3 were in alignment but there was capsular rotation. P3 almost penetrated. Sorry for the mix up.

RE:Botox for laminitis 26 Dec 2009 00:55 #35

• jack-mac
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Donney or rick, what was the connective tissues doing in all of this ?2hour !!!!!!:rolleyes: stop blowing the hot air , my butts warm enuff ,conspiracy theory LOL mmmmmmmm how do you spend billions of tax payers money on building & testing rockets to carry war heads ? tell the tax paying American public your going to be the first country to put a man on the moon ,hows that one for a conspiracy theory Rick ;)& are you saying rick that weightlessness doesn't lead to bone density lose ? & are you saying its a conspiracy if NASA funds any type of research that is relevant to there cause,i think you will find the secrecy I'm talking about is more to do with rights to the scientific property & royalties from that research if used in the privet sector.

RE:Botox for laminitis 26 Dec 2009 01:32 #36

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
John,

You are full of Christmas cheer. You might want to lay off the egg nog for a while..........

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Botox for laminitis 26 Dec 2009 03:40 #37

• jack-mac
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Rick Burten wrote:
John,

You are full of Christmas cheer. You might want to lay off the egg nog for a while..........

Rick
Have a good holiday season Rick, lose the use of this lap top today and am heading back up country in about 1/2'a, no landline or good mobile signal for the computer on the farm so its bye for awhile , but some how i think i not going to be to mist on here by the masses ;) , till when or if , all the best mate :)

RE:Botox for laminitis 27 Dec 2009 10:50 #38

• cynthia-jay
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a club house and open barn and 3 volenteers aka N.A.G.S.

they are not in any pain/ will pass their drug test=clean/ all three are retired rescued show horses

any takers on an open invatation regarding arrangements?

DVM's & students ava to supervise/ video audio photgraphiuc/illustrators welcome material

edecuational process to bbe documented and published

"winners rights" please apply in advance/limeted room and lodging ava/ BYO

extras neeeded as well

that's what we call a "pow wow" in Michigan

Dr. Myers, that includes you 2/& Doc Rooker as well

cj:)
Cynthia Jay
Horseshoer
P.F.E.
shoot first, ask questions later, dead men tell no tails, nor do they tie up the legal system or jails
Ray Jay
The Last of the Mohicans

Kid Rock - Warrior (Lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzSBEVbXtM
[url]...

RE:Botox for laminitis 12 Apr 2010 03:27 #39

I was part of a team three years ago that injected botulinum in to the flexor belly of a laminitic horse. The horse had previously had two tenotomies( metacarpal, and pastern). The first treatment showed no effect. I believe it was six weeks later, we gave the horse another dose. It would be safe to say that something happened, but it did not effect the apparent comfort of the horse. There was however a noticable gait abnormality. I thought we used botulinum c but my memory often fails- it was either A,B,C, or E. Pick one.
The horse had not been vaccinated for botulinum and it was necessary to use an insanely small amount(diluted). This case did not show botulism would be effective for laminitis, but I hear it works quite well on anal sphincters. It is my understanding that Dr. Morrison has used botulinum on multiple cases, and does not think it is promising.

Kunena Birthday Module

• GregTrem birthday is today
  • isagenixchallenge6A4A birthday is today
  • mercifulgimmickB72E birthday is today
  • AfflerbachDM birthday is in 1 day
  • CWFarrierSvcs birthday is in 1 day
  • jlthompson birthday is in 1 day
  • SlowShoe birthday is in 1 day
  • temposmom birthday is in 1 day
  • Antionette birthday is in 364 days
  • Awilda Buentello7D5B birthday is in 364 days
  • bennyjoe@shoeforyou.com birthday is in 364 days
  • Mike Wells birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.