make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Whoa! Where'd that come from?!

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 07 Jun 2009 18:08 #31

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
My use of the heartbar is only of personal experiences of successes and failures. More success than failure. Also when the hoof is resected at any part, mechanical failure plays into my thoughts.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 07 Jun 2009 18:08 #32

• mwmyersdvm
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
everyhorseisapersontoo wrote:
mwmyersdvm;161097 wrote:
Not to be a 'devil's advocate', but is there actually any proof that a heartbar will stop sinking?
QUOTE]

Is this not always the same answer .....SOMETIMES ,sometimes NOT...;)

Those horses that are standing in soft ground have a better chance ,than those with shoes ,shod for some time ,with a concave sole ...and the vet and farrier are not called straight away..

What I really want to ask is the first aid the most important thing in any one case ...????

The reconstruction when done right and regular shoeing ,with no new case of laminitis almost a walk in the park ......also sometimes,sometimes not...:rolleyes:

Good work JOEY,I thought the red stuff was Iodine,nice shoe ,,,more pictures please!

Good work on the hoof.

The "sometimes, sometimes not" answer also brings to mind the problem is did the horse get better because of what we did or in spite of what we did. This especially true when one gets equivocal results from a procedure. I had about 12 heartbars applied to laminitic horses when the practice was in its hey day and not one improved until we removed the appliance. This was done by three different farriers with considerable skill (Eddie Watson being one of the three). The high wedge to unload the deep flexor gained immediate improvement in all of these cases.

I work on quite a few cases and try to evaluate what is happening throughout the case and compared to similar cases, even though finding precisely similar cases is difficult.

I will certainly email Jason and get his input.

Additionally, I read Pollitt's treatise on the P3 periosteum and several others. Actually, neither he nor quite a few authors ever really looked to note if there was or was not one in existence, but rather surmised it from previous publications. A German group did actually look and there is periosteal tissue but it blends in with the corium and does not fully cover all of the bone surface from their determinations. My curiosity being piqued, I will contact a few pathologists and either determine if they have seen it or would they take a look for me to lay the issue to rest.

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 08 Jun 2009 00:18 #33

• Katy Watts
  • Very Senior Member
irishcas wrote:
Well DUH if you had said it all fancy like the article maybe I would have caught on sooner.

and that, my dear, is the reason for the use of pretentious language in scientific journals. Common language that everyone can understand easily is not nearly as impressive.
Are you feeding your horse like a cow?
www.safergrass.org

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 08 Jun 2009 01:06 #34

• irishcas
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Katy Watts wrote:
and that, my dear, is the reason for the use of pretentious language in scientific journals. Common language that everyone can understand easily is not nearly as impressive.

True, but that isn't why I didn't want to listen. I had no alternatives, barefoot or boots ;)

People only see what they want to believe, right.
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 08 Jun 2009 12:23 #35

Joey Aczon wrote:
The clip over the resected area was more for protection. I was aiming for a bigger clip but they were all getting in the way of each other while drawing them at this point. I know none of them are nice, but they're all functional.

http://horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=219&pictureid=1507

http://horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=219&pictureid=1506

No, that toe nail isn't seated right, I fubared the nail hole drawing the clip.

http://horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=219&pictureid=1508

Nice job Joey. I think the handmade bar shoe punched for this foot is a great choice.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 08 Jun 2009 19:19 #36

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
mwmyersdvm wrote:
everyhorseisapersontoo;161139 wrote:

Additionally, I read Pollitt's treatise on the P3 periosteum and several others. Actually, neither he nor quite a few authors ever really looked to note if there was or was not one in existence, but rather surmised it from previous publications. A German group did actually look and there is periosteal tissue but it blends in with the corium and does not fully cover all of the bone surface from their determinations. My curiosity being piqued, I will contact a few pathologists and either determine if they have seen it or would they take a look for me to lay the issue to rest.

I asked the question this morning. P3 does have a periosteum, but it differs from the surfaces of other bone. It is capable of osteoclast/osteoblast activity.
P

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 08 Jun 2009 20:25 #37

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
reillyshoe wrote:
mwmyersdvm;161193 wrote:

I asked the question this morning. P3 does have a periosteum, but it differs from the surfaces of other bone. It is capable of osteoclast/osteoblast activity.

That was not my Quote .but is not the change in the shape of P3 due to laminitis a sure sign of O-last-O-blast??just to note one?

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 09 Jun 2009 01:11 #38

• mwmyersdvm
  • Very Senior Member
everyhorseisapersontoo wrote:
reillyshoe;161322 wrote:

That was not my Quote .but is not the change in the shape of P3 due to laminitis a sure sign of O-last-O-blast??just to note one?

Not entirely. Macrophages and neutrophils can wreak havoc in areas of inflammation and remove tissue and liquefy bony areas a swell. It can be noted that the collateral cartilages, navicular suspensory ligaments, and other tendon and ligamentous structures ossify when chronically inflamed and these structures do not begin with osteoclastic and osteoblastic activity.

M. W. Myers, D.V.M.

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 09 Jun 2009 05:25 #39

Phil Armitage wrote:
Nice job Joey. I think the handmade bar shoe punched for this foot is a great choice.
joey as long as the shoes fit like you wanted and you got your clips to hold the hoof in place like you wanted is all that matters i would say ya did a nice job on the shoes and the hoof jmo. bryan e

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 09 Jun 2009 05:36 #40

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
mwmyersdvm in gray,

Not to be a 'devil's advocate', but is there actually any proof that a heartbar will stop sinking?

A Dutch computer model study done a few years ago showed that a straight bar and a heart bar gave identical support to minimize sole deformation. The paper was presented at a Bluegrass Lamimitis symposium.

The Austin weatherman uses computer models to predict the weather here in Central Texas, a fact that does not engender a great deal of faith in the accuracy of computer models.

As I recall, Chapman and Platt presented a paper at the 1984 AAEP Convention that touched on the subject. Please see http://www.olympus.net/personal/pvd/AAEP.html

And as a final touch, God created the Dutch :D

Might I suggest the use of a false bar. Great shoe lots of support easy and foolproof. By the way I ran into that type of bar years ago in the US........ ;)

Ronald Aalders

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 09 Jun 2009 20:49 #41

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Ronald Aalders wrote:
Ronald Aalders

Ronald I must say you are right in this Quote....
Why please read , Matthew 17:20 from the bible

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 10 Jun 2009 00:20 #42

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Ronald Aalders wrote:

Might I suggest the use of a false bar. Great shoe lots of support easy and foolproof. By the way I ran into that type of bar years ago in the US........ ;)

Ronald Aalders

What is a false bar? Am I walking into a set-up?:o
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 10 Jun 2009 03:54 #43

Phil Armitage wrote:

Phil,what i liked about joeys job,is the way he fit the heels,but i think he gave the horse a little to much expanshion in the heel area.How do you feel about it?

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 10 Jun 2009 03:58 #44

Just passin through~ wrote:
Phil,what i liked about joeys job,is the way he fit the heels,but i think he gave the horse a little to much expanshion in the heel area.How do you feel about it?

I know your being a smart ass. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Whoa! Where'd that come from?! 10 Jun 2009 04:20 #45

Phil Armitage wrote:
I know your being a smart ass. :)

Thats a relief phil,i didn't think you would even catch it~ I hope you pass your test,after all the exposure you have gotten~At lest you got a 95 on the written? See what you get when you study? how old are you?

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.