make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Domed Impression Material Pads

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 12 May 2009 19:10 #16

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
This shoe/pad combination was on a laminitic horse in small turnout conditions for 4 weeks.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=178&pictureid=1376
P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 17 May 2009 19:02 #17

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Pat,
Just received these rads. Saw horse yesterday and he is in ducted taped black wedge from Rood & Riddle and is amazingly comfortable considering the degree of rotation and lack of sole depth. Would you use this protocol for this horse? What factors would consider to determine appropriateness. Vet is thinking wooden clog with impression material applied with a series III cuff. Your input would be appreciated.
Other input welcome.
Attachments:
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 17 May 2009 21:26 #18

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Why would you wedge a horse that already shows phalangeal alignment and is also just about[and perhaps already is] penetrating out the bottom?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 17 May 2009 22:40 #19

• daveyireland
  • Contributing Member
Patrick what type of impression material do you use and what sort of air temperature would it be when setting in five minutes?
David Kelly

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 17 May 2009 22:55 #20

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
Why would you wedge a horse that already shows phalangeal alignment and is also just about[and perhaps already is] penetrating out the bottom?

Just guessing that rads had not been developed and the thought was to reduce tension on the DFT. As I said the horse was "amazingly comfortable".
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 17 May 2009 23:25 #21

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Jaye, and Rick,

Wedging can be helpful in cases for a number of reasons. More weight is placed on the heels, and the laminae is less affected in that region. There are circulatory changes that probably result from big wedges. The laminae is loaded at a different angle, and some think that this is an important factor. Breakover is also very different with wedging.

It is difficult to know what is best to do with a case like this. The films look "challenging", but remember these films are just one moment in time. He might have displaced before the wedges were applied, and the wedging if mechanically satisfying the needs, or the displacment might be an on going event that might be better stabilized by another route. If he is as comfortable as you say, I might consider watching him for a couple of days before changing anything.
Clogs certainly work for a lot of horses, so I wouldn't rule it out. if I put a force measuring sensor inbetween the hoof and shoe, I would expect the perimeter of the foot would still be apparent, since the impression material is less dense than the wood or the urethane on the series III.
I don't know what the ideal force pattern is, and that was the point of this thread. I like the idea of unweighting the hoofwall if the frog and sole can handle the weight. Everything else is likely to be trial and error. Remember that an additional block of wood can be glued to the bottom of the first, making an adjustable heel. You might find that he really likes the wedges.

I use several different impression materials ranging in hardness. For soft materials, I use Sound Horse Tech products. I also use a firm material make by Wacker. I can change the hardness of any of these materials by adding a silicone polymer (to soften) or glass beads (to harden). The open times on these materials range from 2-3 minutes to 5-6 minutes. I also add copper sulfate to disinfect and dry the hoof, and that likely changes the set up time.
P

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 00:00 #22

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
reillyshoe wrote:
I don't know what the ideal force pattern is, and that was the point of this thread. I like the idea of unweighting the hoofwall if the frog and sole can handle the weight.
This ideology is similar to Sandy Loree's 5S equine sole support system for foundered horses isn't it? It makes a lot of good sense to me.
Rick Talbert

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 00:14 #23

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
Pat,
Thanks for the info. I will see the horse tomorrow. More to come.
Jay Mickle

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 03:48 #24

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Alright, I'm gonna try this deal out this coming Friday. I just have to order a pair of these domed pads. Our supply shops down here don't keep those things in stock.
Rick Talbert

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 08:54 #25

• reillyshoe
  • Master
I don't think you can buy them, I make them myself. The easiest way is to take some thin aluminum and dome it on the anvil (old hospital plates work well). I also make some out of heat formed plastic (ABS)
P

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 13:21 #26

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
reillyshoe wrote:
Jaye, and Rick,

Wedging can be helpful in cases for a number of reasons. More weight is placed on the heels, and the laminae is less affected in that region. There are circulatory changes that probably result from big wedges. The laminae is loaded at a different angle, and some think that this is an important factor. Breakover is also very different with wedging.
Pat,

Having now seen the rads, do you still feel that wedging was appropriate? Personally, considering the orientation of the coffin bones I wouldn't wedge this horse.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 17:52 #27

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Rick Burten wrote:
Pat,

Having now seen the rads, do you still feel that wedging was appropriate? Personally, considering the orientation of the coffin bones I wouldn't wedge this horse.

Rick

I would not discount that wedging could help this horse, radiographs considered.
P

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 19:51 #28

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
reillyshoe wrote:
I would not discount that wedging could help this horse, radiographs considered.
Interesting. Could you please elaborate?

My take on the situation is that though the load may be somewhat shifted to the heels, wouldn't the wedging also tip p3 more and along with the weight of the horse coming down the bony column, and gravity, cause the further descent of the bony column and force p3 right out the bottom? especially considering that the one p3 is already on the bottom and looks to be almost through the sole corium.
I don't think you can buy them, I make them myself. The easiest way is to take some thin aluminum and dome it on the anvil (old hospital plates work well). I also make some out of heat formed plastic (ABS)

Isn't that black pad you show in the photographs an anti-snowball pad? Wouldn't one of those work, especially a draft anti-snowball pad?
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 20:04 #29

• reillyshoe
  • Master
There is always the question how how much wedging- does wedging 30 degrees do the same thing as wedging 3 degrees? Remember, Jaye stated that he is pretty comfortable, and I have done a lot worse. I have had some do well when wedged, even if it is not my starting preference.

I like the draft snow pad idea, but these pads are designed to flex when loaded. The black pad I made is very rigid, so the shape is maintained while the IM sets up.
P

RE:Domed Impression Material Pads 18 May 2009 21:51 #30

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
Pat,

Rick

I misspoke when I said that the horse was in a wedge. The vet applied a 1" medium dense foam pad. The horse by standing on it compressed the toe to create a wedge.
Jay Mickle

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.