make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: navicular....or not?

RE:navicular....or not? 13 Dec 2008 15:50 #91

Jason Maki wrote:
JPT,
What I meant by a "hunter fit' would be the dime long, dime expansion AFA "A" fit. Some horses by environment, occupation, conformation or a combination of the three will not hold a shoe if much lenght or expansion exists: A butt high, short backed, upright footed barrel racer who spends twelve hours a day in a herd environment with a creek running through the pasture would get a hunter fit. Most theraputic shoes are fit longer and with more expansion, so a varience is provided in the measurement and the fit.One caveat, a wide splatty type foot always takes more steel to cover well than the tape measure says, also.
Scarfing is just prepping the ends to be welded for welding. I was shown a nice trick a few weeks ago that has really improved my concave welds-- bump a 1/4 inch or so into each end to give more material to weld--- this seems to keep the bar strong enough and help with the blend.
Bumping the toe- i'll quench to each toe nail mark and pack from each side respectivley about five hits with the toe nail dot away, tipping my tongs towards me on the last hit on each end. this puts some material into the toe to help hide the blow out from fullering. Tipping also squishes some material into the outer edge to help with the sole pressure releif and sets up the toe bend.:cool:
Jason

When i make a barshoe,i have a swedge i use,that i made from a piece of the Alaska pipeline.It is routed out and the hot heel is swedged and what comes over the swedge is thined and that is what gets welded.makes a pretty barshoe.Do you weld in gas or coal or gas and air?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:navicular....or not? 13 Dec 2008 16:55 #92

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
JPT,
can we see the swedge in action
or even a look at the shoe after welded

Regards
smitty
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 00:14 #93

Cyber Farrier wrote:
Just so ya'll know, at the very beginning of this fracas, Navic Assassin told me by PM that he's donate his winnings to the RC, or, perhaps it was to my favorite charity. Which would be the RC, to help it grow and provide additional resources to our visitors. Perhaps that'll make you feel better if he wins, Tom... :D

Baron

Actually, no. I stated that it would be donated to a children's charity of his choice ... but for an entirely different challenge ... which he declined.

It shall be written that my winnings would go to the NMFA for Operation Purple. Currently there is an article being prepared for syndication by the publisher of three popular horse magazines.

Tom has already told us he would donate his winnings to beer & ribs, however I will pay him the courtesy of not mentioning that to the writer.

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 01:36 #94

smitty88 wrote:
JPT,
can we see the swedge in action
or even a look at the shoe after welded

Regards
smitty

Smitty,if you send me your email address privately,i can send an attchment to you.I don't know alot about computers.

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 01:41 #95

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
navicularassassin wrote:
Actually, no. I stated that it would be donated to a children's charity of his choice ... but for an entirely different challenge ... which he declined.

Huh? Which challenge might that have been?
Tom has already told us he would donate his winnings to beer & ribs, however I will pay him the courtesy of not mentioning that to the writer.

You are such the gentleman. Go figure. Who knew?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 03:57 #96

Just gas. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., if you send me the pics, I'll post them for you. Do you do standard breds? I thought you were a long footed shoer.
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 09:53 #97

Just Hiding Here, I have roughly ten years in standard bred shoeing, though it's a long time gone by now. Anyway, if you prefer just send them to me I'm interested as well. My email address you can use is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I'm looking forward seeing it!

Ronald Aalders

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 15:32 #98

Ronald Aalders wrote:
Just Hiding Here, I have roughly ten years in standard bred shoeing, though it's a long time gone by now. Anyway, if you prefer just send them to me I'm interested as well. My email address you can use is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ronald Aalders

Ron,what difference does it make if somebody has shod standardbreds,when it comes to making a barshoe? I will go take some pics and send them to you and
jason.My fan just went out in my computer,so sometime todday i will go take some good pics.But don't think it is easy,you have to practice.But when you weld with gas,the thinner the metal,the easier it is to weld.And when you weld with gas its not really welding.

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 15:46 #99

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Just passin through~ wrote:
And when you weld with gas its not really welding.

Not true. Heat and pressure make the weld. It doesn't matter what the heat source is.

In gas or coal, I find it easier to get a good weld when there's some mass to the pieces being welded...same temperature but more heat and it stays hot longer.

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 21:11 #100

Ronald Aalders wrote:

Ronald Aalders

This is what the shoe looks like after it has been swedged.

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 21:15 #101

Just passin through~ wrote:
This is what the shoe looks like after it has been swedged.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm84/Farrier07/shoedisplay060.jpg

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 21:25 #102

Most folks I know think it easier to forge weld in cole or coke, not propane.
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:navicular....or not? 14 Dec 2008 23:56 #103

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Jason Maki wrote:
Most folks I know think it easier to forge weld in cole or coke, not propane.
Jason

As always, it depends. I think "most" blade makers doing pattern welded steel these days are using gas. For the most part, that's also high carbon steel which welds at lower temps.

I prefer coal or charcoal for welding but I've done quite a bit of welding in gas including welding on toe clips and I get good welds.

RE:navicular....or not? 27 Dec 2008 20:13 #104

For those who don't know me , my name is tristen I grew up in New Zealand and now i'm married and live in Washington State. In New Zealand I grew up around friends and family who loved horse's allot, especially my family who love the outdoors. I love the outdoors is so fun and riding horses as well.
I also found allot of my friends who owned ranches, and raced horses had problems with the navicular syndrome. Some say there is no real treatment for a horse with this disease. I actually read this information and gave it to one of my best buddy's , however it helped him allot, so if anyone is interested you can go to this link.

http://navicularsyndrome.blogspot.com/
thanxs tristen
tristenkaa

RE:navicular....or not? 27 Dec 2008 20:32 #105

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Hallo tristen ..

I only had time to watch a bit of the video,sorry to say that horse even in walk is lame ,like really lame and not just a hint as the lady says..

first they should watch horses move and not see what they want to see ,but see what is in front of their eyes ...
still all the best ..I am sure that that horse could be helped in the right hands ,,but i would say get the rider off the horse is in pain and that has nothing to do with liking horses is it ???

ray knightley .farrier.germany.

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.