make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday January 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 12 Oct 2012 19:29 #1

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
  • Thank you received: 13
Hey all,

From Steve's state of the union message a few weeks ago, and the monthly newsletter, it has been quietly announced that we are going to stop flogging a dead horse with Joomla/Kunena. I have completely rebuilt the site and it's educational resources, by hand, from scratch.

I kept the flavor of the template previously used, so things won't look too different on the homepage, but I have abolished most of the scrolly-flashy things, as was mentioned in past complaints. Some of the article links may be broken on the forum for a while, but once this rolls out, I would hugely appreciate it if anyone with broken links would PM me so that I can fix them.

Now, for the forum, we have decided to go back to vBulletin. We made this decision based on a few factors, but most prominently for our users ease of use. This is also one of the most widely used and professionally supported forum software platforms out there. It will feel and behave much like the old HS. We've hired someone to mine the new data from Kunena and import it to vB, so that everything will revert to the way it was, with the addition of everything that's been posted from 1-20-12 to present.

All of these things are happening as we speak, could be ready as soon as next week.

Before I finalize everything in the design, I would like to ask you for your input. I can't change the forum software at this point, but I would like to know what you all would like to see as far design changes or features of the site.

I would also like to put out that I am looking for ideas to continue our growth. I would love to see more articles come in, video tutorials etc etc. What kind of incentives would inspire you to submit? Financial compensation is not really the direction I am going. I would love to have contests like Bruce's trivia contest, or something like a photo contest or weirdest things you've seen etc, voted on by your peers on the board...

Please feel free to tell me your feelings, like I said; aside from the forum, I have built everything by hand, and that means that I can makes changes to just about anything.
Alexandra Rowsell
Last Edit: 12 Oct 2012 19:29 by Aleroinc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 01:33 #2

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
Best of luck to you and Steve on this redo,Alex.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 01:43 #3

• Katy Watts
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
May the force be with you.
Are you feeding your horse like a cow?
www.safergrass.org

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 09:45 #4

• Susan123
  • Thank you received: 2
A like button would be great Alex. It would be nice in some of the farrier threads where I'm not allowed to comment to acknowledge things/jobs.:)
Sue Holden.

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 13:45 #5

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
Susan123, we actually have a feature like "Like" already. It's the blue thank you button under each post!
Alexandra Rowsell

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 21:04 #6

Great news Alexandra. I wish you and Steve success.

Don't forget about the ability to stay logged in, and to be able to go to the first unread post in a thread - one complaint from times past. I hope you can get the search function working.

Keep at it girl!! :)

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 21:11 #7

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
Thanks for the props guys, we are working hard on it.

WHF: vBulletin should hold logins. It is supposed to, and I haven't found anywhere than anyone was having issues with it. I certainly will not be setting a time limit in the admin side if I come across such a setting! As for the "First Unread", thanks for reminding me. I am going to look around for that, but I am sure its a setting somewhere. The old forum had it right?

Thanks again all for your support and ongoing patience!
Alexandra Rowsell

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 21:22 #8

If I remember correctly, in the "old" version, the "go to first unread" option was available when you opened the thread. The newer version automatically takes you to the first unread post, which is probably better. If you have read all the posts in the thread, opening it takes you to the first post.

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 13 Oct 2012 22:45 #9

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
Western Hill Forge wrote:
If I remember correctly, in the "old" version, the "go to first unread" option was available when you opened the thread.

That's the way it is even in the newer version. The biggest difference you'll notice is how you upload attachments. It's fairly advanced and takes some getting used to. You can also drag and drop your pics while replying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleroinc

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 14 Oct 2012 01:56 #10

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
Rick: The new site will have a search on the forum that is built in from vBulletin. If it doesn't work (which I can't imagine being a reality), it is supported by the tech team on their end who have been fantastic so far. The home site will have an entirely separate search function for searching the articles etc.

Speaking of the articles, I have taken all of the old articles and recoded them so that there is a uniform feel and clean, readable format consistent throughout. Forum aside, this was the most time consuming part of the redesign. I had no idea how many articles we really had! Would love to get more, now that I have the format that I like.

Thanks for your input Eric, I appreciate your experience. Forum software is not really my realm of experience, I am a coder and designer.
Alexandra Rowsell

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 14 Oct 2012 16:08 #11

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
MPLdyCop asked "Will you be able to get tapatalk back? I use it the most."

Yes, 100%. Tapatalk works beautifully with vBulletin 4.2. vB also has a mobile interface built right in, for those who do not have tapatalk.
Alexandra Rowsell
The following user(s) said Thank You: MPLdyCop

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 14 Oct 2012 17:41 #12

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
You mean life will be normal againnnn :cheer: :cheer:
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The following user(s) said Thank You: seminolewind, Aleroinc

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 14 Oct 2012 17:47 #13

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
That's what we are aiming for Smitty, and hopefully soon, maybe within the next week or so!
Alexandra Rowsell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Western Hill Forge

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 15 Oct 2012 01:37 #14

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
  • email: kseminolewind@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 6
............And a sense of humor , too, Alex?
Sounds like you did an amazing job. It should be nice to see things more "meat and potatoes" without all the fancy stuff.

Can't wait!
Karen Fletcher
still trying to get it right

New Horseshoes.com in Final Development stages 15 Oct 2012 02:23 #15

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
I dunno about all you guys, but my sense of humor is in fantastic form. How could I build thousands of pages by hand, sitting in Central America all alone without one? ;-)

ETA: If we wanna get specific, I'm on a tiny tropical island in Belize called Caye Caulker... and everyone thinks I'm on vacation... pfffft. :whistle:
Alexandra Rowsell
Last Edit: 15 Oct 2012 02:34 by Aleroinc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan123

Kunena Birthday Module

• hoofdoc28 birthday is today
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is today
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is today
  • brianriggs birthday is in 1 day
  • canditemby birthday is in 1 day
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 1 day
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 1 day
  • lonestar birthday is in 1 day
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 1 day
  • alminc11 birthday is in 2 days
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 2 days
  • skelemen birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.