make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What would you like to see?

Re: What would you like to see? 05 May 2012 16:48 #46

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
DeniseMc wrote:
Why

why not? He deserves it. Ask him, he'll tell you

i must be missing somthing :oops:
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What would you like to see? 05 May 2012 17:14 #47

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
cyber steve wrote:

First, I assume it is no secret as I have often talked about it several times, but I have lost money on everything so far. Lost a couple of grand on Farrier Fest, lost several thousand on the stuff everyone said they wanted, and I'm about a hundred grand in the hole on the site overall. So if you are concerned that I am getting rich on the backs of poor farriers I can put your mind at ease that is not the case at all. That said, I'm in this for the long haul as I am not a quitter by nature. I will find a solution that will make users happy and make me money eventually.

Chris is not paid for Ask the Expert, Chris genuinely likes helping people and teaching, one of the real pleasures I've enjoyed since buying this site is the friendship I've developed with Chris and Kelly. They are just really good people who are making a huge impact in many areas of this industry.

Your goal is to eventually get "rich on the backs of poor farriers". That's fine, it is the American way. Lets just be clear of the ultimate goal. As I stated, my goal is to try to get some of that money returned to the farrier community in return for providing the knowledge and content allowing you to profit.

I am glad you and Chris are friends. I think it is a mistake to bring in outside experts rather than utilizing the experts who provide you the means to profit from your site. Smitty, Jaye, Bruce, Denise and Gary all continue to support your site. Recognizing them as the experts they are would be one method of rewarding their support. It is your site, do what you like!
P
Last Edit: 05 May 2012 17:15 by reillyshoe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia Thompson

Re: What would you like to see? 05 May 2012 17:39 #48

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
reillyshoe wrote:
cyber steve wrote:

First, I assume it is no secret as I have often talked about it several times, but I have lost money on everything so far. Lost a couple of grand on Farrier Fest, lost several thousand on the stuff everyone said they wanted, and I'm about a hundred grand in the hole on the site overall. So if you are concerned that I am getting rich on the backs of poor farriers I can put your mind at ease that is not the case at all. That said, I'm in this for the long haul as I am not a quitter by nature. I will find a solution that will make users happy and make me money eventually.

Chris is not paid for Ask the Expert, Chris genuinely likes helping people and teaching, one of the real pleasures I've enjoyed since buying this site is the friendship I've developed with Chris and Kelly. They are just really good people who are making a huge impact in many areas of this industry.

Your goal is to eventually get "rich on the backs of poor farriers". That's fine, it is the American way. Lets just be clear of the ultimate goal. As I stated, my goal is to try to get some of that money returned to the farrier community in return for providing the knowledge and content allowing you to profit.

I am glad you and Chris are friends. I think it is a mistake to bring in outside experts rather than utilizing the experts who provide you the means to profit from your site. Smitty, Jaye, Bruce, Denise and Gary all continue to support your site. Recognizing them as the experts they are would be one method of rewarding their support. It is your site, do what you like!

Dont worry Patrick about the the farriers
i think if the farriers that post on here regular
stoped for 6 months posting it would be a very lonely place IMO
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Re: What would you like to see? 05 May 2012 17:56 #49

• DeniseMc
  • Thank you received: 9
Smitty, Jaye, Bruce, Denise and Gary all continue to support your site. Recognizing them as the experts they are would be one method of rewarding their support.

Please make no mistake about it-I am not an expert at anything by anyone's standards and my name appearing in the same sentence with the real experts is a slap in the face to the aforementioned -my apologies to you all. Like most everyone else here, I am here to learn. And I do not need "rewarded" or "recognized" by the site owner for having posted here.--The acquantances I have made over the years with folks like Bruce, Mark, Rick, etc is reward in and of itself.
Last Edit: 05 May 2012 18:12 by DeniseMc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Hill, cyber steve, Aleroinc

Re: What would you like to see? 05 May 2012 23:07 #50

• cyber steve
  • Owner
  • Thank you received: 50
some stuff deleted for brevityreillyshoe wrote:

Your goal is to eventually get "rich on the backs of poor farriers".

Smitty, Jaye, Bruce, Denise and Gary all continue to support your site. Recognizing them as the experts they are would be one method of rewarding their support. It is your site, do what you like!

To address your first comment, no it is not. I don't charge farriers to use the site, it is a free informational resource for the community. I do charge advertisers to advertise on the site, they make this resource possible. I have to charge for clinics and items that are for sale on the site to try to cover their costs. Of the farriers that came to farrier fest, several expressed a desire to come to the clinic but said that they could not afford it. I gave all of those either free admission or a discount to make it what they could afford even though I knew I was going to lose money on it. I don't need to get rich off of those who are struggling to survive, I am fortunate to be able to retire right now if I wanted to. That said, I do hope to make money eventually off the site advertising as that was the business plan all along and that is the American way as you said.

As for your second comment, a formal "ask the expert" type offering is a burden for whoever signs up to do it. Chris offered to do it for me but it would turn something done for fun into something done because it had to be done for the users of the site if they were responsible for it. I have never said Jaye, Smitty, Gary, Denise, you or any of the other long time site users are not capable of answering as experts in their field when they want to (that is what this forum is all about) but the difference is Chris has promised to always answer it and that is something I was not trying to burden the forum users with, in fact I would not have asked anyone to do had Chris not suggested it.
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 01:20 #51

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
Steve made good on his word and allowed me to attend the clinic at no cost.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyber steve

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 05:07 #52

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
What would I like to see?

Two things. Greater registration/participation and an improvement in site performance.

The site presents two, somewhat disparate functional environments. The first and most important is the forum. The second environment is the social or community network. The old software provided a tighter integration of member profile and data (photos/videos) with the forum. The new software provides a necessary but less intuitive link between the forum and individual member profile data. I don't think that design architecture can be easily changed but suspect that much of the performance degradation is caused by the social/community overhead.

Login longevity is flawed in the software design and isn't going to be corrected anytime soon. The good news is that it's really not that big a problem. More of a nuisance factor.

Membership growth is important and active participation even more so. Given the competitive nature of the forum business, providing incentives to attract registered participants that contribute content is critical to future success. Providing additional incentives to valued content providers is also important.

Incentives could be as simple as honory co-op memberships or free attendance to the annual F&HRC online conference. Simple, low-cost incentives might be a F&HRC hat or shirt for interesting case studies or educational videos. Monthly competitions can be educational. Offer a low cost award for winners.

The discussion on content provider remuneration is somewhat redundant. Many forum participants are already very well "paid" in a manner of speaking.

I've been paid many times over via this forum. That pay came in the form of education, networking and lasting friendships.

I've received feedback and constructive criticism that has helped me to improve the quality of my work. That feedback directly benefits my business.

I've received broad educational value that has taught me better ways of doing things and helped me recognize when I'm doing things wrong.

I've made acquaintances and friends, many of whom I've been fortunate enough to actually talk with personally and, in some cases, had the opportunity to work with. In every instance, I learned something of value.

Through this forum, I've learned the value of networking with other farriers around the country and the world. When I needed help with a specific case, I've been able to contact people whom I may never have known without this forum.

I've had the pleasure of meeting forum participants at clinics, conventions, summits and even farrier schools. I felt like I already knew these people even before we ever met in person. That made those initial conversations and interaction easier, more comfortable and more educationally valuable.

I can't begin to place a dollar value on all that I've learned because of the generosity of members that participate on this forum. The value of the friendships I've made is priceless.

Get paid for contributing here? That salary was paid in full a long time ago and was far greater than I ever would have imagined.

I think that even those whose contributions are more as mentors than students are compensated in a fashion. There is an implied and frequently acknowledged respect and public admiration for such contributors. John (aka Smitty) is not just a respected master farrier in his own country. The thousands who visit this site, most of whom John will likely never meet in person, honor and respect his skill and willingness to share what knowledge he can with others. Much the same can be said of many others who have invested their time trying to help farriers understand and apply better farriery. There is value in job satisfaction that goes beyond financial remuneration.

No one worth their salt as a farrier does this work just for the money. It's too hard, too dangerous and frankly, can never pay enough to truly compensate in full the risk farriers place themselves in everyday. People do this work because they enjoy it. They do it because they love the autonomy of being self employed. The do it because it's a unique trade, steeped in tradition and a rich history. There are easier ways to make more money with less effort and far less personal risk than shoeing horses. There's damn few such ways though that can be as personally rewarding or challenging. A big part of that reward is being able to help horses and their owners. Another part of that reward is being able to help other farriers.

Steve's investment in this site is truly a leap of faith. Much like a farrier, the risks and work load probably outweigh any potential financial return on investment. Still, hope springs eternal and until such time, if ever, he is able to actually make a few bucks from the site, he'll have to get along much like the rest of us and measure his share in terms of being part of the trade and family we call farriers.

All in all, there's worse families a fellow could invest himself in but few that are more worthwhile.

Cheers,
Mark
Last Edit: 06 May 2012 14:48 by Mark_Gough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Burten, Gabino, cyber steve

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 13:03 #53

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
I echo what Mark wrote and thank him for the eloquence of his words.

Unlike most, I have been here almost from the inception of FHRC. I've seen and in some cases, participated in the good, the bad and the ugly. Every time I post 'on topic', I feel that I am 'paying it forward' and I hope others do and feel the same. And, in fact, I have been paid, in many ways by and for my participation here on these forums. The nice thing is that if Pat or anyone feels it is unacceptable for Steve to make money from this website, all he or they have to do is to not participate. That would be, IMO, an unfortunate decision much akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 14:08 #54

• reillyshoe
  • Master
For the record, my suggestion was not to pay individuals for posting. My suggestion was to recognize the contributions of farriers in the form of scholarships- paying a few conference registrations (to the conference of the farrier's choice)per year. The annual cost of the program I am proposing would be less than the cost of one of the banners flashing across the screen.
P

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 17:40 #55

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Pat,

Were scholarships ever awarded in the past when Baron owned this web site? And, wouldn't it be a slippery slope to now try to traverse? What happens when someone who feels they deserve one of those scholarships, isn't awarded one? What happens when someone who is awarded a scholarship is called, by even one other person, a "Homer"?

As noted, I have found participation on the forums a way to 'pay it forward'. I feel I owe a debt to the industry and community that has enabled me to put a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food on my table.......My participation here is one way I choose to help pay that debt. Much the same as why I chose to be an Examiner for the GPF and a Tester for the AFA. And its why, on those occasions where I have been asked to be a clinician, I have never accepted renumeration above the cost of travel, meals and lodging, from any association/group that has asked me to be their clinician/speaker. Now, in the gathering dusk of my career, I am thankful and grateful that I had those opportunities. In retrospect, I find that truth be known , I needed FHRC more that it ever needed me.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 17:55 #56

• cyber steve
  • Owner
Mark_Gough wrote:
Membership growth is important and active participation even more so. Given the competitive nature of the forum business, providing incentives to attract registered participants that contribute content is critical to future success. Providing additional incentives to valued content providers is also important.

Incentives could be as simple as honory co-op memberships or free attendance to the annual F&HRC online conference. Simple, low-cost incentives might be a F&HRC hat or shirt for interesting case studies or educational videos. Monthly competitions can be educational. Offer a low cost award for winners.

First, thanks Mark. I am always appreciative of your input as it is always well thought through and intelligently written.

I did a contest a month or two ago and gave something like a $50 gift certificate or set of online conference videos as the prize (Smitty won them). Is there anyone out there that would like to run future contest threads for me? Perhaps Pat or one of the other frequent users would be willing to do this?

I am more than willing to provide prizes for contest winners. I am also willing to provide prizes or whatever is appropriate for good, high quality, high quantity contributors. Maybe this thread can further discuss ideas ideas about how to do that right? Thanks to all of you who are offering positive ideas. I want to move this site forward in a way that's positive and beneficial for everyone.
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]

Re: What would you like to see? 06 May 2012 19:44 #57

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Get money by to write in the forum? Please...We must pay for can have a site free about this.

I learn in the Spanish Army. Nobody ask for me money.They gave me the knowledge absolutely free cost.

I moderate a forum www.laequitacion.com 8 years ago. Thanks that forum,I'm well-known at Spain.Free cost for me.I get bussines in facebook..free cost too.

I learn farriery and english language in these farriers forums.Thanks this forum,I know anothers farriers and anothers points of wiew about farriery.Thanks this forum I know the news about farriery before th others farriers.I learn about banana shoe,for example,from Ron Aalders and others,absolutely free cost for me.How much cost a clinic about farriery? The next weeks I will go to one.It cost 350 euros for me.Trust me.I know all tinhgs that the clinicians will say in that clinic beforely.

My post in this forums are only a little contibution to the debt I have with the forum's owner and the all participants.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyber steve, Aleroinc

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • brianriggs birthday is in 364 days
  • canditemby birthday is in 364 days
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 364 days
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 364 days
  • lonestar birthday is in 364 days
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.