make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday January 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Farriers Farriers and Owners

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 20:36 #16

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
  • email: kseminolewind@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 6
Red, you are a doll and I've never seen you impolite or disrespectful to anyone. I value your opinions and appreciate your input, and disagreeing does not change the respect I have for you.
Karen Fletcher
still trying to get it right
The topic has been locked.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 22:20 #17

I may be wrong, but it is my recollection that in the "old" forum, owner questions were allowed about posts by farriers or other owners in the "farriers helping..." categories., as long as it pertained to the topic of the post. Comments, not so much, for obvious reasons.

Maybe Steve has a way to check the previous rules. Hang in there buddy.

Edit: Never mind Steve, it's in the current rules.

# 5.If a horse owner other than the one who started the thread has a question relating to the ongoing discussion in the thread between the original poster and the farriers, that is fine. Post the question. But keep it to just asking a question. If the farriers include the question(s) in the discussion, then the additional horse owner may participate in the discussion. But again, not in the capacity of offering responses/advice to the original horse owner who started the thread.

George, what are you looking forward to the most, the divorce or the hip replacement? :ohmy:

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2012 22:25 by Western Hill Forge.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 07:48 #18

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
i dont see a problem , some owners posts and threads seem more educated than some alleged "farriers " responses over the years . i think the admin folk would have a very difficult time sorting out who is a farrier and who is not , they can only take the posters word for it
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules
The following user(s) said Thank You: seminolewind

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 17:02 #19

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Travis Morgan wrote:
It seems that the general public are kinda like illegal immigrants. You let a few pass because they want one thing, and the next thing ya know, you're surrounded. They use up or ruin your resources, and the neighbors you used to enjoy have gotten disgusted and left.
Wait, You're comparing horse owners on this site, correctly, properly using the section of the site dedicated to them, to illegal immigrants?? ROTFLMFAO!! That loop your swinging isd mighty large and seems to be catching the wrong 'critters' Most all of them have legitimate concerns and questions and I hope they start posting on a more regular basis.
This place ain't nearly as active as it used to be,.....
And that's a shame! Hopefully folks will get the new site/system sorted out and get active again.
and that would certainly be the death knell for this being an actual horseshoeing forum.
Really? Why?

Personally, I'd like to thank the owners who have stayed with us and active. Their questions and concerns and how the participating farriers respond/reply can and usually does make for fascinating reading and a great learning experience.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Hill, seminolewind

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 17:04 #20

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
seminolewind wrote:
Just to clarify, this request is for one small category to be added to the "owners" area, not the "farrier only" area.
I think its a capital idea and worth the time and effort to give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained......
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 17:38 #21

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
Travis Morgan wrote:
It seems that the general public are kinda like illegal immigrants. You let a few pass because they want one thing, and the next thing ya know, you're surrounded. They use up or ruin your resources, and the neighbors you used to enjoy have gotten disgusted and left.
Wait, You're comparing horse owners on this site, correctly, properly using the section of the site dedicated to them, to illegal immigrants?? ROTFLMFAO!! That loop your swinging isd mighty large and seems to be catching the wrong 'critters' Most all of them have legitimate concerns and questions and I hope they start posting on a more regular basis.

That didn't come out as clear as it should have. I'm comparing the result, not the people.
and that would certainly be the death knell for this being an actual horseshoeing forum.
? Why?
Because it's just gonna get polluted with the same kinda crap as all the other forums. A bunch of bored people who rarely actually DO anything with horses, who insist on crapping on everyone else.
Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2012 17:45 by Travis Morgan.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 18:44 #22

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Travis Morgan wrote:
That didn't come out as clear as it should have. I'm comparing the result, not the people.
Fair enough. But that has not been a real problem here. At least not on the horse owners side of the forums.
? Why?
Because it's just gonna get polluted with the same kinda crap as all the other forums. A bunch of bored people who rarely actually DO anything with horses, who insist on crapping on everyone else.
I think that is incorrect. Its pretty tightly controlled here though at one time, it did get somewhat out of control. That problem was addressed and since then, things have been and remain civilized for the most part. When Baron tightened things up, we lost several people who didn't want to play by the rules. Some left of their own accord, others were banned either permanently or for various periods of time. It is true that some of those folks had quite a following that seems to have either left with them, or retreated to the shadows, but overall, based on private comments, the forums are the better for it. Some exceptions noted. The transition to the new forums has caused some angst and anguish and cost us some well respected regular posters and I sincerely hope that the situation is temporary and that they return. Their contributions have been invaluable and their presence is sorely missed. At least by me......
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis
Last Edit: 20 Mar 2012 01:31 by Rick Burten.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 19:13 #23

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
All I wanted is an area where owners can have a friendly relationship with farriers that is more than just owners treating them like they are only good enough to offer advice.Nothing more. Some of us owners would like to have the opportunity to be more than just "help me" people. And not in a negative way-it's against the rules. And to comment about posts in the "farrier-only" area- without the comments being IN the farrier area.

Those farriers who have degrading replies-it's against the rules, and I don't see Steve acting accordingly on those rules.

Steve, I don't know if "my idea deserves consideration" cuts it. It should have been "good idea for making this a friendlier site. Let's do it"

Rule #5 treats owners poorly and should be rewritten in a more positive way. But some may think it's not worth the effort, so far it hasn't been worth the effort.

It's supposed to be okay for farriers to differ in their advice about how to help people. Patty and Gwen were always here, and active members-with different opinions, which is allowed. So why are they gone? I have an idea why now.

Rick Burten, Chris, Red, and a whole bunch of others that have always treated owners well-I have always appreciated reading your posts, and have looked forward to your advice to others and me.

I think I'm going to take a break from this forum, and see what changes here before I come back as an active member. Thankyou for all the major help with my horse's footsies.
Karen Fletcher

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 19 Mar 2012 19:41 #24

• cyber steve
  • Owner
FYI, I'm rewriting/clarifying the forum rules, I was working on them today and plan to re-look at the overall structure of the forum also. Should be done and posted this week.
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 20 Mar 2012 01:32 #25

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
seminolewind wrote:
All I wanted is an area where owners can have a friendly relationship with farriers that is more than just owners treating them like they are only good enough to offer advice.Nothing more. Some of us owners would like to have the opportunity to be more than just "help me" people. And not in a negative way-it's against the rules. And to comment about posts in the "farrier-only" area- without the comments being IN the farrier area.

Those farriers who have degrading replies-it's against the rules, and I don't see Steve acting accordingly on those rules.

Steve, I don't know if "my idea deserves consideration" cuts it. It should have been "good idea for making this a friendlier site. Let's do it"

Rule #5 treats owners poorly and should be rewritten in a more positive way. But some may think it's not worth the effort, so far it hasn't been worth the effort.

It's supposed to be okay for farriers to differ in their advice about how to help people. Patty and Gwen were always here, and active members-with different opinions, which is allowed. So why are they gone? I have an idea why now.

Rick Burten, Chris, Red, and a whole bunch of others that have always treated owners well-I have always appreciated reading your posts, and have looked forward to your advice to others and me.

I think I'm going to take a break from this forum, and see what changes here before I come back as an active member. Thankyou for all the major help with my horse's footsies.

Like I said; now they start crying and demanding "rights."

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 20 Mar 2012 11:26 #26

• DavidinGA
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Karen,

Over the few years I've been on here, there have been times of more and less leniency for non-farriers posting in the farriers helping horseowners section. However, it seems to me that the crackdowns come from non-farriers posting advice in those threads.

From my memory, the types of posts that you want to post have always been acceptable in the farriers helping horseowner sections. I'd say, as long as non-farriers refrain from attempting to advise horseowners; those non-farriers should be within the posting regulations.

JMO
David
David H. Van Hook

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 20 Mar 2012 11:40 #27

DavidinGA wrote:
Karen,

Over the few years I've been on here, there have been times of more and less leniency for non-farriers posting in the farriers helping horseowners section. However, it seems to me that the crackdowns come from non-farriers posting advice in those threads.

From my memory, the types of posts that you want to post have always been acceptable in the farriers helping horseowner sections. I'd say, as long as non-farriers refrain from attempting to advise horseowners; those non-farriers should be within the posting regulations.

JMO
David

That's the way I see it too. I think "rule 5" lays it out that way as well.

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 20 Mar 2012 18:36 #28

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
All I wanted is an area where owners can have a friendly relationship with farriers that is more than just owners treating them like they are only good enough to offer advice.Nothing more. Some of us owners would like to have the opportunity to be more than just "help me" people. And not in a negative way-it's against the rules. And to comment about posts in the "farrier-only" area- without the comments being IN the farrier area. Maybe ask about their trade. Maybe pick their brain about an article.

I don't see any mention of asking for advice privledges here. A Farrier forum is not the place.

If I said half the things that Travis has, I'd be banned. I'm a senior member! That's a double standard.

Dealers pay for advertising here-based on membership #'s. Are owners called members just to boost those numbers and nothing more?

The WAY rule #5 is written $ucks. It means that non-farriers are ONLY allowed to ask questions about the hooves discussed, and only the hoof. That is a very narrow area. This is preventing a very big opportunity for learning.

Anyway, I very much thank and appreciate the farriers here that don't suffer from "Little Man Syndrome." You are truly professional in every sense of the work.
Karen Fletcher

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 20 Mar 2012 20:10 #29

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
  • Thank you received: 13
@Seminolewind-

The rules have been reviewed, and will be updated shortly. There was a mean storm in Steve's area last night, and today they are cleaning up. I believe the forum will be restructured in the near future too, but don't quote me on that, I'm just the help.
Alexandra Rowsell
The following user(s) said Thank You: seminolewind, dana fenn

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 20 Mar 2012 22:59 #30

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
seminolewind wrote:
All I wanted is an area where owners can have a friendly relationship with farriers that is more than just owners treating them like they are only good enough to offer advice.Nothing more. Some of us owners would like to have the opportunity to be more than just "help me" people. And not in a negative way-it's against the rules. And to comment about posts in the "farrier-only" area- without the comments being IN the farrier area. Maybe ask about their trade. Maybe pick their brain about an article.

I don't see any mention of asking for advice privledges here. A Farrier forum is not the place.

If I said half the things that Travis has, I'd be banned. I'm a senior member! That's a double standard.
You're not a farrier. This is a farrier forum. We come here for professional advice. This is a professional resource, for the most part.
Dealers pay for advertising here-based on membership #'s. Are owners called members just to boost those numbers and nothing more?
Those advertisers sell horseshoeing supplies. How many shoes, nippers, rasps, etc. do you really buy? I doubt they would suffer much if you boycotted them.

Kunena Birthday Module

• hoofdoc28 birthday is today
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is today
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is today
  • brianriggs birthday is in 1 day
  • canditemby birthday is in 1 day
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 1 day
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 1 day
  • lonestar birthday is in 1 day
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 1 day
  • alminc11 birthday is in 2 days
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 2 days
  • skelemen birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.