make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday January 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Farriers Farriers and Owners

Farriers Farriers and Owners 15 Mar 2012 15:59 #1

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
  • email: kseminolewind@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Steve, I understand why you have a separate area for "Farriers Helping Farriers". It's a privelege to be able to follow their threads even tho you can't post there as a non-farrier.

However, there are times when I/others want to comment to their posts, and can't. And the longer you're a member, the more you get to know these farriers, and they are not just the strangers that answer questions-they are more than that.

I was wondering if a category could be added to "Farriers helping Owners" for comments or questions, or maybe a laugh with a farrier that you'd like to post, but can't in their territory, but at least you could post something somewhere in reference to one of their posts, and if they want to read it fine, if not, they don't have to.

A non farrier could go to this category , state what thread they are referencing to, and post their comment.

Example: a farrier posts a pic of a shoing job he did and you really want to say that it's a beautiful job, and maybe ask a question.

Or, a farrier has a birthday, surgery, a baby, a theft, etc, and you'd like to share your feelings.

In this way, farriers helping farriers would stay "hands off", and rules would be rules.

Thanks,
Karen
Karen Fletcher
still trying to get it right
The topic has been locked.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 17 Mar 2012 18:07 #2

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Karen
your a bonny lass yeah

But to Me there is more n enough oppertunities for what your thinking to go on on this site.

personaly i think its to bizzy and getting more like a girly horsie chatty forum
Has there been to much of this and to much change thats confusing n confounding some of us . is it all realy nesscarsary is it why some dont show up here as mach as they used to,
Wheres Bob Pethic wheres Jaye perry are they just fed up with anoying people or how bizzy things are .
theres a lot to be learned from these fellers n others like them that dont show anymore.
I dont know wheather or not its my computer but I have a bit of trouble poking about this place its slow to shift between threads n stuf and often requires several comands to do so n accasionaly I need to close the site n rejoin to get things happening
Im not goin crook at you darlun girl um just wonderin outta loud whats goin on is all
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2012 18:15 by Red Amor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julie Plaster, Aleroinc

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 17 Mar 2012 19:55 #3

• cyber steve
  • Owner
  • Thank you received: 50
Red, I'm going to relook at everything and decide where to take this soon. I'm a few months into a divorce that has been quite a draining distraction for me, especially combined with the site attacks (viral and personal) and technical issues. Been kind of rough. Probably a few weeks from now I will be able to concentrate on this full time again and work it back in the right direction. Don't give up on me getting this fixed up right.

Karen, I think your idea deserves consideration. I'm going to try to simplify our whole forum category system to make it less overwhelming to new users and this is something I will consider working in at that time.
Red Amor wrote:
Karen
your a bonny lass yeah

But to Me there is more n enough oppertunities for what your thinking to go on on this site.

personaly i think its to bizzy and getting more like a girly horsie chatty forum
Has there been to much of this and to much change thats confusing n confounding some of us . is it all realy nesscarsary is it why some dont show up here as mach as they used to,
Wheres Bob Pethic wheres Jaye perry are they just fed up with anoying people or how bizzy things are .
theres a lot to be learned from these fellers n others like them that dont show anymore.
I dont know wheather or not its my computer but I have a bit of trouble poking about this place its slow to shift between threads n stuf and often requires several comands to do so n accasionaly I need to close the site n rejoin to get things happening
Im not goin crook at you darlun girl um just wonderin outta loud whats goin on is all
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]
The following user(s) said Thank You: dana fenn, Aleroinc

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 17 Mar 2012 23:04 #4

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1
Red Amor wrote:
Karen
your a bonny lass yeah

you have a heart of Gold, Red, but i can't believe i'm reading this from you. i know this is the internet but reading it from my end, it pretty much came across as the Old Boys Club . . . no women allowed . . . . i think the "few" women that post here are a wealth of information because we have a different point of view from the men. i think it makes it more rounded. just my opinion . . .

i am sincerely sorry that things are not going well on the home front, Steve . . . . :(
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2012 23:05 by dana fenn.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 17 Mar 2012 23:46 #5

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Sorry to hear that Steve. I know the issues with the site are frustrating.

Dana, I don't think Red meant it that way.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 01:54 #6

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
Red Amor wrote:
Karen
your a bonny lass yeah

Red, thankyou for putting your opinion in such a nice way. But I really can't find a place to reply or comment on a subject on "farrier's only". Like:

I see an awesome shoing job and have a question.
Or say "I'm sorry" or "my thoughts are with you" when something sad happens.
Or make a comment on that Aussie Brumby barefoot research book. There is no place. And if there was an area like that , someone would not have to read it if they didn't want to.

Some of us "owners" have been here a long time.

I heard thru the grapevine that there are some farriers that do not come around much because of the confusion on the new website. Time is needed to fix the bugs. But I haven't heard that those farriers don't come here because it's too much like a girl's chat room.

On the other hand, probably 95% of the owners that come here are women.

So how much of this website is for farriers only? Owners with problems? Can one half do without the other successfully? Or should the "farriers helping owners" be "farriers helping male owners"?

Red, thanks for your thoughts, it does give me something to think about as well. If it wasn't for good helpful farriers like you, I wouldn't be coming here!

Steve, thankyou for considering it, and I'm sorry your life is crappy at this time. I hope things look up soon.
Karen Fletcher

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 05:31 #7

• Peters Shoeing
  • Thank you received: 2
Karen has much to offer. Her posts would be relevant and of a great contribution.
Maybe open the spot for Anne Tree, Denice, and some others? Is Dana a farrier?
Maybe even open the forum to trimmers, students, maybe horse owners? Everyone has something to learn and something to share.

Very sorry to hear that Steve. Wish you all the best.
Alan Peters
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2012 05:35 by Peters Shoeing.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 06:07 #8

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
If we did that, it'd just be a yahoo chat piefight with pictures of everything but horseshoeing.
Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 10:42 #9

Peters Shoeing wrote:
Karen has much to offer. Her posts would be relevant and of a great contribution.
Maybe open the spot for Anne Tree, Denice, and some others? Is Dana a farrier?
Maybe even open the forum to trimmers, students, maybe horse owners? Everyone has something to learn and something to share.

Steve,

I am in the middle of a divorce and a hip replacement so I understand and empathize with you. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there. I plan to stay active here on horseshoes.com. Horseshoes.com has been good to me and one of the most important tools as I learned the craft and built my business. Thru it I have made many friends who when I was new invited me to visit and learn about Jumpers from Jaye Perry, about Drafts from Bruce Matthews, and other topics from others. My roommate from NB testing Eli is on here. The community helped me get prices worked out when I started and its here that I learn about new products etc.

I will hang in there while steve works on getting the new forum software tuned up.

Gender issues have no place here. Women are an increasing percentage of farriers www.horseandhound.co.uk/careers/399/68720.html in my own practice I have had 5 women apprentices and 1 young man. All did equally well. Where I prefer to train and get with the horses rather than fight them actually the women did a little better in that area.

Steve trimmers should not be allowed in the "farrier helping" forums. We lost control of the board to the trimmers about 8 or 9 years ago when we tried letting all "hoofcare providers" in. There are literally thousands of forums devoted to the idea that shoes are evil and all horses should go barefoot and anyone who nails on a shoe is the spawn of satan. We do not need to become yet another one. Rick Burton and many others were here and remember when baron had to crack down and adopt a very strict farrier/vet with a very few exceptions for subject matter expert industry luminaries known personally to baron for answering questions in the "farriers helping" forums. Thats what makes those forums special. We can add other forum catagories for sure but lets keep the discourse at the civil level in "farriers helping" by keeping the restrictions in place.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2012 10:43 by Dances with Hooves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BS-Horseshoeing, seminolewind

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 15:00 #10

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
I'm really glad to hear all the opinions and comments. There is alot of truth in it, and I understand what the farrier's concerns are.

This MB is for farriers whether their customers get shoes or a trim. This is only a place for farrier info, and for advice from farriers. There are many other sites for barefoot only trimmers. Barefoot is fine-my horse is barefoot unless she needs shoes, and farriers I have had always determined what is best for my horse. Well, except for one, LOL. I come here for farrier advice and education. Balance is balance, a correct trim is a correct trim prior to either shoes or not.

I am asking for ONE category for comments or questions about items written in "farriers helping farriers"-- NOT for non farriers to offer advice. Just comments and questions about what's written in the "taboo" area - to keep the rules intact. There's always an option not to read it.

Rules are rules, and apply to any category here. I'm not asking to break any rules. No advice,just comments and questions. No interference. The category CAN be removed if need be.

Dances with Hooves, you are absolutely right about "farriers helping farriers" for ONLY farriers to post there. There is a solid comeradery there that should not be interfered with. But some people, like me, have an interest and do read it. To look at examples of correct shoeing, to learn about farriers in order to communicate better with their own, to see what horrible problems farriers have to deal with in their practice.

Travis quote:
"If we did that, it'd just be a yahoo chat piefight with pictures of everything but horseshoeing"--quote by Travis:

Travis,that quote could be taken as a pretty poor opinion of people who come here who are not farriers. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.
It's NOT ALLOWED currently, AND I have only seen this happen within "Farriers helping Owners" by farriers!. And I have only seen Baron state "keep it civil" when there's mud slinging between farriers. The mud slinging is usually when I get the popcorn out :pc:

Most people come here for help, advice, and education. Not to chat about what brand of breeches are popular this year. :)
Karen Fletcher

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 15:18 #11

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Steve and George I am sorry to hear of your marital situations.
I have been through a divorce in years past and it takes a lot out of you.
As hard as it may seem, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and life does go on.
I hope things go smoothly for you both and your families.

As far as the site, life will go on and folks will learn how to navigate it and we all will be here or will pop in .

George, Red, and others, over the years I have been here I have as others have, answered the same questions over and over.
They will always come up as new folks discover horses or the farrier trade. What will be new to them sometimes becomes very old to many of us after a while. So some of the old timer's have faded away, but I bet you a dollar to a doughnut that they pop in more often than we realize without signing in.
Sometimes we just need a break/

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2012 15:20 by vthorseshoe.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 16:14 #12

• Travis Morgan
  • Very Senior Member
seminolewind wrote:
I'm really glad to hear all the opinions and comments. There is alot of truth in it, and I understand what the farrier's concerns are.

This MB is for farriers whether their customers get shoes or a trim. This is only a place for farrier info, and for advice from farriers. There are many other sites for barefoot only trimmers. Barefoot is fine-my horse is barefoot unless she needs shoes, and farriers I have had always determined what is best for my horse. Well, except for one, LOL. I come here for farrier advice and education. Balance is balance, a correct trim is a correct trim prior to either shoes or not.

I am asking for ONE category for comments or questions about items written in "farriers helping farriers"-- NOT for non farriers to offer advice. Just comments and questions about what's written in the "taboo" area - to keep the rules intact. There's always an option not to read it.

Rules are rules, and apply to any category here. I'm not asking to break any rules. No advice,just comments and questions. No interference. The category CAN be removed if need be.

Dances with Hooves, you are absolutely right about "farriers helping farriers" for ONLY farriers to post there. There is a solid comeradery there that should not be interfered with. But some people, like me, have an interest and do read it. To look at examples of correct shoeing, to learn about farriers in order to communicate better with their own, to see what horrible problems farriers have to deal with in their practice.

Travis quote:
"If we did that, it'd just be a yahoo chat piefight with pictures of everything but horseshoeing"--quote by Travis:

Travis,that quote could be taken as a pretty poor opinion of people who come here who are not farriers. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.
It's NOT ALLOWED currently, AND I have only seen this happen within "Farriers helping Owners" by farriers!. And I have only seen Baron state "keep it civil" when there's mud slinging between farriers. The mud slinging is usually when I get the popcorn out :pc:

Most people come here for help, advice, and education. Not to chat about what brand of breeches are popular this year. :)

It seems that the general public are kinda like illegal immigrants. You let a few pass because they want one thing, and the next thing ya know, you're surrounded. They use up or ruin your resources, and the neighbors you used to enjoy have gotten disgusted and left.
This place ain't nearly as active as it used to be, and that would certainly be the death knell for this being an actual horseshoeing forum.
Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 17:33 #13

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
Travis wrote:

It seems that the general public are kinda like illegal immigrants. You let a few pass because they want one thing, and the next thing ya know, you're surrounded. They use up or ruin your resources, and the neighbors you used to enjoy have gotten disgusted and left.
This place ain't nearly as active as it used to be, and that would certainly be the death knell for this being an actual horseshoeing forum.

My, what a poor opinion you have of the owners that come here ! Kinda like illegal immigrants?

Never in my life have I been part of a membership and been compared to an illegal immigrant! Makes me think about what kind of people really drive members away.

Last time I looked I was a "senior Member" just like you but probably longer, oh yea, 4 years longer. I don't see anything here that says that only farriers are members.
Karen Fletcher
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2012 17:41 by seminolewind.

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 17:38 #14

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
Just to clarify, this request is for one small category to be added to the "owners" area, not the "farrier only" area.
Karen Fletcher

Re: Farriers Farriers and Owners 18 Mar 2012 20:02 #15

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Nothin nasty in what Ive said no disrespect to young Karen she is welcome as far as Im concerned
not that I matter so much ay

Steven please make No appogies to Me

the efforts youve put in here are astounding
an you are to be complemented on such
I/we may not be quite there in navagating these woods but there should be no dening our/ my grattitude n as I said befor Im in no doubt youll sort it n Im going nowhere olson

Mate I am very sorry to here of your personal troubles I could emagine the pain if I were to loose the love n respect of some one so dear to me as my Carolyn but to have it turn to a ****** fight bugger Me up badly 35 years togeather
Chin up olson yeah
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: seminolewind, cyber steve

Kunena Birthday Module

• hoofdoc28 birthday is today
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is today
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is today
  • brianriggs birthday is in 1 day
  • canditemby birthday is in 1 day
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 1 day
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 1 day
  • lonestar birthday is in 1 day
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 1 day
  • alminc11 birthday is in 2 days
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 2 days
  • skelemen birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.