make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: bad request error

bad request error 13 Feb 2012 12:08 #1

• cyber steve
  • Owner
  • Thank you received: 50
I had an epiphany in the middle of the night regarding this error, the Bad Request that requires cookie clearing error, the cookie is getting so big because I set the session length at 9hrs so you guys would not have to log back in often. The cookie grows with each page you visit and, since the session is so long, the cookie gets too big for the server (for the setting on the server). The host just doubled the size of the cookie, we will see if that helps us for awhile. If it still doesn't fix it I have to figure out how to control what is stored in the cookie, if any of you geniuses out there already know how that works with joomla/jomsocial/kunena please share.
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: bad request error 13 Feb 2012 13:45 #2

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
cyber steve wrote:
I had an epiphany in the middle of the night regarding this error, the Bad Request that requires cookie clearing error, the cookie is getting so big because I set the session length at 9hrs so you guys would not have to log back in often. The cookie grows with each page you visit and, since the session is so long, the cookie gets too big for the server (for the setting on the server). The host just doubled the size of the cookie, we will see if that helps us for awhile. If it still doesn't fix it I have to figure out how to control what is stored in the cookie, if any of you geniuses out there already know how that works with joomla/jomsocial/kunena please share.

Your epiphany was probably more a deja-vu experience than a true epiphany. I described the reason for the error about two weeks ago (string length in the "Where's the Damn Forum" thread).

The session timeout is a contributing factor but the string length is a consequence of user interaction. It would be relatively simple to determine if logging out clears the string as stored in the cookie. My guess would be that it doesn't.

Doubling the size of the acceptable data content will delay the error occurrence but not correct it.

In my experience, this type of string length problem has to do with static allocation of memory for a data type versus dynamic allocation via a pointer. That is not something you can correct via a template change. It requires a change at the code level.

The secondary issue beyond data typing is code logic or in simpler terms, how the data is stored and managed versus static or dynamic allocation of memory for that storage.

In example, I may want to track what "forums catagories", "threads" and "last post" entries the user last reads. I'll do that by keeping a list of each URL (actually a directory/file entry). If that list is a literal, alphabetic listing, the string length will quickly grow huge as the user browses the forums. As the developer, I can allocate a static quantity of server memory to accommodate that lengthy string or I can set a pointer to the first character of the string then dynamically allocate memory at need. Either way, I'll end up using a lot of memory and have really long strings to parse as I track the user's browsing history. If you have a background in the 'C' programming language, a cursory review of the 'alloc' and 'malloc' functions will offer more insight. You'll find similar functions in nearly all languages.

Determining what data types to use and how memory is allocated is one step. Determining the parsing algorithm is more important. Perhaps instead of using literal strings within the code, a more efficient methodology would be to create a table of integer/URL string relationships.

In example....

Instead of storing the string....

"www.horseshoes.com/forum/9-farriers-helping-farriers/...."

I assign the integer or character '1' to "www.horseshoes.com", the integer/character '2' to forum' and the integer/character '3' to "farriers-helping-farriers", etc.

Now my tracking/storage string has changed to....

"1,2,3".

The comma character is my delimiter for each string element of a single tracking location and the semi-colon becomes my delimiter to separate complete URL locations.

The code developers have already used at least some of this methodology. Unfortunately, the process is incomplete, leaving lengthy, literal strings embedded within the cookie. They may have done this for performance reasons (reduced parsing time).

This is an over-simplified explanation but gives you at least a starting point for your discussions with the developers of the forum code.

The bad news is that this represents an extensive change to the underlying program codes.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: bad request error 13 Feb 2012 14:46 #3

• cyber steve
  • Owner
My epiphany was the session length contribution, if it is true, I have meetings this morning but will mess with it again this afternoon. When I increased the size of the cookie the first time it seemed to all but fix the problem for me but others still had the problem. The registered users are trying to stay logged in but it dawned on me last night that I almost daily purposefully log out to test things as registered users. Therefore, perhaps, it is caused by the session length if you run through many threads over the 9 hours. Just a thought, still much to figure out to prevent the need to log in periodically (which seems quite important to several of my most active users). Thanks so much for your summary, you are an appreciated resource for this issue Mark.
Steve Turpin

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]

Re: bad request error 13 Feb 2012 15:12 #4

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
If this is a joomla kunena issue are you reproducing these errors on a test sure with base joomla and kunena?

I had these same errors with a 30 min session.

Eric Russell

Re: bad request error 13 Feb 2012 18:29 #5

• Buttermaker
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 6
Are we sure it's not a problem in the boobla boobla section of the gamma quadrant in the purple people eater star system??? :woohoo:

You guys are talkin a whole 'nother language.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Shane Wood
Central Oklahoma
405-406-9391

Re: bad request error 13 Feb 2012 23:41 #6

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1
Buttermaker wrote:
Are we sure it's not a problem in the boobla boobla section of the gamma quadrant in the purple people eater star system??? :woohoo:

You guys are talkin a whole 'nother language.

Thanks for all your hard work!

you took the words right out of my mouth.
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

Re: bad request error 13 Feb 2012 23:57 #7

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Eric Russell wrote:
If this is a joomla kunena issue are you reproducing these errors on a test sure with base joomla and kunena?

I had these same errors with a 30 min session.

Eric Russell

That was my point Eric. I don't think the issue is session length per se, but rather, how quickly the user builds history via browsing. When the string length exceeds the fixed value assigned the pointer, the application rejects. Looks like their parsing algorithm checks length to avoid errant pointers.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: bad request error 14 Feb 2012 12:27 #8

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Buttermaker wrote:
Nope. Is a combination of object bloat accompanied by a simultaneous return stack overflow which resulted from a "goto" violation of Djikstra's construct compounded by a general rejection of the Böhm-Jacopini theorem.

The godless infidels who ignore the teachings of the prophets and fail to follow the commandments are destined to suffer the perils of the doomed.
  1. Thou shalt not place the Left Curly Brace on a line of its own; this shows disrespect to thy Fathers and thy Mothers who only had 80 columns and 24 lines in days of old
  2. Thou shalt not use the GoTo, for such disrespects the Prophet of Programming Dijkstra,
  3. Thou shalt comment thy code, and provide great detail about the workings of thy mind when thou does first write thy method. And thou shalt revisit and revise thy comments only in the earliest hours of the morning prior to thy code review.
  4. Honor thy Sun and thy Java that your days may be long upon the Virtual Machine where thy code livith.
  5. Thou shalt Compile before checking in.
  6. Thou shalt Run thy code at least once before shipping.
  7. Thou shalt Test at least one Browser against thy Server's code, and thy backup Server's code, and thy Neighbor's Server's code.
  8. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's operating system unless thy neighbor runs Linux; If ye cast your eye upon thy neighbor's Windows Server, and covet it in thy heart, thy staff shall take thee into thy parking lot and stone thee with mice until the demon of ******ity leaveth thee
  9. Thou shalt not make libraries of other gods such as C# or Perl. These are an abomination before thy God.
  10. Once thou hast compiled thy code, generated thy Java Doc, Reviewed thy code with the elders of thy people, Deployed thy code upon thy server, and tested thy code upon the Browser of thy God (Firefox 3.0), and thy customer doth stumble upon thy bug, thou shalt blame thy customer with thy mouth, and curse his existence, for thou hath commented, placed thy braces properly, indented with four spaces (and not eight as do the godless), hath capped thy constants, hath lowercased thy methods, and hath passed all thy JUnit tests..... It is the truth of God that if yee hath done all these things, thy customer must be at fault.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

Re: bad request error 14 Feb 2012 15:53 #9

• cyber steve
  • Owner
Now my PC won't boot, even from a recovery boot disk. LOL, I just have to laugh at this point.

Back to my notebook and off to a repair shop with the PC, it's not even a year old, don't recommend Dell all-in-one's, too much heat I think due to monitor and processor all being in the same tight spot. May be time for a Mac.

I'm going to work on the cookie issue sometime today. The cookie setting is so large at my server limit now that by the time it blows up it is 4 pages long! But I still got it to send the bad request eventually. I think it is going to take coding to fix. So, as Mark and others thought, not session related.

Happy Valentines Day!
Steve Turpin

Re: bad request error 14 Feb 2012 20:04 #10

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
cyber steve wrote:
Now my PC won't boot, even from a recovery boot disk. LOL, I just have to laugh at this point.

Back to my notebook and off to a repair shop with the PC, it's not even a year old, don't recommend Dell all-in-one's, too much heat I think due to monitor and processor all being in the same tight spot. May be time for a Mac.

I'm going to work on the cookie issue sometime today. The cookie setting is so large at my server limit now that by the time it blows up it is 4 pages long! But I still got it to send the bad request eventually. I think it is going to take coding to fix. So, as Mark and others thought, not session related.

Happy Valentines Day!

A program is only debugged until you turn it over to the public.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

Re: bad request error 15 Feb 2012 00:46 #11

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Just happened to me again. :(
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

Re: bad request error 15 Feb 2012 03:34 #12

• cyber steve
  • Owner
that's what I was saying, the huge cookie only postpones the need to clear it :(
Steve Turpin

Re: bad request error 15 Feb 2012 05:52 #13

• Buttermaker
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 6
Steve...

Thanks for your hard work to keep this site running for us. :)
Shane Wood
Central Oklahoma
405-406-9391
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyber steve

Re: bad request error 15 Feb 2012 06:07 #14

• cyber steve
  • Owner
Buttermaker wrote:
Steve...

Thanks for your hard work to keep this site running for us. :)

I so appreciate you and and those who have been supportive of me.
Steve Turpin

Last Edit: 15 Feb 2012 15:46 by cyber steve.

Re: bad request error 19 Feb 2012 11:04 #15

• Steve Marshall
  • Thank you received: 1
Steve I use Google Chrome and it seems I have to clear my cookies every weekend! Fortunately its easy enough but aggravating.Kind of like a horse who leans on you! The roll over menus are a pain. Glad the site is back up and under way even if it feels like we have cylinder missing.
Steve Marshall

"The horse world doesn't build character - it tests it"
Bob Avilia
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.