make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday August 17, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The new horseshoes.com

The new horseshoes.com 13 Jan 2012 00:40 #1

• cyber steve
  • Owner
  • Thank you received: 50
As we get closer to the transition to the new site I'm going to use this thread to keep you guys updated. We are moving to a completely new Forum software inside completely new site software (lots of opportunities for surprises so I apologize ahead of time, and lots of really great improvements so you're welcome ahead of time).

There are going to be a few things that you need to have saved before the move.

1. Private Messages - if there are any private messages that you cannot live without, download them now
2. Avatars - you will probably have to update your profiles in the new forum, you will be brought in but some info, like your Avatar, will have to be re-uploaded so have a copy saved if you don't already know where it is on your computer

I should be able to integrate Tapatalk again with our new forum after we launch. The whole site will also have it's own Mobile version which will activate whenever you access via a mobile device that it can detect but I still like some of the tapatalk features better so I'm going to try to offer you both. You will also be able to chose the non-mobile version from your mobile device if preferred.

The forum will be very similar to the current VBulletin forum (so if you are not very tech savvy don't worry, you should still be able to operate it) except you can do much more with it if you want to, including a "Thank You" button for posts (similar to a like button) and a Karma for people (you can add or subtract Karma once every six hours for one person, so if someone is mean you can subtract one and if someone is extra helpful you can give them some Karma).

In addition to the forum there is going to be a whole new social experience called My Horseshoes where you can have your own wall, friends, groups, etc. very Facebook-ish, but again, you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Easy uploading of videos and photos which then can be shared with whatever group you want to share them with, we will also have private groups where Farriers can discuss things out of the public/horse owners view and visa versa. Things set as public by you may appear on the front page of the site as latest videos/photos/whatever. All very dynamic, very cool stuff.

I'll share more as we get near the transition date, this has been a very big project, I hope that you will like it as much as I think you will.

Steve
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:The new horseshoes.com 13 Jan 2012 03:28 #2

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
You ought to be able to add things to tables no?

Update Tables

RE:The new horseshoes.com 13 Jan 2012 23:30 #3

• cyber steve
  • Owner
Things are progressing very well so please get your stuff backed up. Could be moved as soon as this weekend. I'll give you as much warning as possible when it is for sure. Thanks.
Steve Turpin

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]

RE:The new horseshoes.com 13 Jan 2012 23:43 #4

• Aleroinc
  • Heck of a Tech
  • Thank you received: 13
So excited!

Tapatalk means I can be shoeing AND keeping in touch. Love it.
Alexandra Rowsell

RE:The new horseshoes.com 14 Jan 2012 01:40 #5

• cyber steve
  • Owner
I am excited too :) It will be bumpy as we are pushing the envelope (my aerospaceness) but it will get there. We have an "ask the expert" section in the front end, if you want to ask something outside the forum, where only the expert will answer, now you can. You can have a wall where you can discuss or share things with only your friends or everyone or any group you chose to join. Everything is integrated now, the forum is an integral part of the whole site not a separate site as it is now. It really just depends on how deep you want to go. You can have basically the same forum only experience we have now (with addition of "thank you" buttons and karma) or you can dive in the deep end. Even the co-op is all new. Very cheap options that still get you all our online conferences as well as full up options with the AFJ and featured farriers.com ads and such. I'm very tired (worked on it until 1am and started again at 7am) and now drinking now but tomorrow I'll share some screen shots to start orienting you so you will feel comfortable in your new world. Be brave everyone and it will be a lot of fun.
Steve Turpin

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 06:35 #6

• cyber steve
  • Owner
okay, since I promised some screen prints and an orientation package I came back to the office (just a 200ft walk so don't feel bad) to make it for you guys even though I've had a few beers watching the playoffs. But here goes, hope it makes sense, if not I'll answer questions...tomorrow. The site is still getting cleaned up due to there being so many links and piece parts but all the big bad hard stuff is done. It may be a few more days before I release it to go live, I told the designer not to rush it at this point, just get it as clean as possible. Hope you enjoy this sneak a peek.

Part 1 is just the new front page, it is long so took three screen prints, important part for you guys is just go to the "community" tab although many items you choose to share with the public (photos, videos, etc) will rotate through here.

Part 2 shows you two ways to get to the forum from the community tab shown in Part 1, one just chose forum in the pull down and you are done, or two you can chose "my horseshoes Social Network", the Part 2 pdf is a walk though the top level of the social network

Part 3 shows the forum, it is my hope that it will be usable and familiar to all of you right out of the gate but that you will find additional functions over time that adds to your experience

Steve
Steve Turpin

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 12:05 #7

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
I'd missed this thread till recently and hadn't realised the forum was up for a new hosting and total revamp to a new site. Some sort of huge "whack between the eyes" banner headline on the top of the home page might be an idea.... (I've a feeling you're likely to respond and tell me I've missed that too ;) )

I can't really see those screen shots and didn't even understand the bit you said about part 2!? but there's a few things I'd like to know:

1) Will we be able to access the new forum via what I'm using currently:

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/index.php?

2) Will our bookmarks still work?

If the answer to the above is yes than I'm just hoping that when we get in that it's all going to be obvious and easy to see where you have to click to get to where you want to be.

3) If the answer to the above is "No", then please would you send out emails to forum members to let them know the change happened and with a new link that will work?

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 14:40 #8

• cyber steve
  • Owner
All good questions, which I would expect from you.
1. Will redirect to new forum so you all should at least find the door
2. Will redirect to new forum but not to the exact thread/post you bookmarked, to do that level of redirects isn't possible on a forum this size unless the new files are the same below the first directory level, and they are not due to totally new software
3. Already have an email to send at t-24hrs once we know details of what just cant be brought over in the transition
Steve Turpin

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 15:54 #9

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for your helpful and prompt response.

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 20:23 #10

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Cyber Steve wrote:
okay, since I promised some screen prints and an orientation package I came back to the office (just a 200ft walk so don't feel bad) to make it for you guys even though I've had a few beers watching the playoffs. But here goes, hope it makes sense, if not I'll answer questions...tomorrow. The site is still getting cleaned up due to there being so many links and piece parts but all the big bad hard stuff is done. It may be a few more days before I release it to go live, I told the designer not to rush it at this point, just get it as clean as possible. Hope you enjoy this sneak a peek.

Part 1 is just the new front page, it is long so took three screen prints, important part for you guys is just go to the "community" tab although many items you choose to share with the public (photos, videos, etc) will rotate through here.

Part 2 shows you two ways to get to the forum from the community tab shown in Part 1, one just chose forum in the pull down and you are done, or two you can chose "my horseshoes Social Network", the Part 2 pdf is a walk though the top level of the social network

Part 3 shows the forum, it is my hope that it will be usable and familiar to all of you right out of the gate but that you will find additional functions over time that adds to your experience

Steve

Well, I guess I am screwed? Cant open those links on my puter??
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 20:49 #11

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 10
This all sounds great Steve, just one question - how do you expect any of us to get any work done if you improve the site so much?!:p
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 21:51 #12

• cyber steve
  • Owner
Gary Hill wrote:
Well, I guess I am screwed? Cant open those links on my puter??

Oh boy Gary, you are going to be trouble aren't you?

You may have to bite the bullet and upgrade from that 286. Probably a good time to pick up a color monitor too. LOL!

The files are .pdfs, you can download a free .pdf reader from adobe here
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

But I will summarize what the attachments say for those who are not interested in anything new or for those who don't have a .pdf reader and just want to get back to the forum. When the new site is live go to horseshoes.com, hit the community tab, hit forum, you should be able to figure out the rest.
Attachments:
Steve Turpin

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 21:55 #13

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
Cyber Steve wrote:
Oh boy Gary, you are going to be trouble aren't you?

You may have to bite the bullet and upgrade from that 286. Probably a good time to pick up a color monitor too. LOL!

The files are .pdfs, you can download a free .pdf reader from adobe here
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

But I will summarize what the attachments say for those who are not interested in anything new or for those who don't have a .pdf reader and just want to get back to the forum. When the new site is live go to horseshoes.com, hit the community tab, hit forum, you should be able to figure out the rest.

Funny! I had my laptop "cleaned" and have not loaded up adobe or anything else up. I only go to Horseshoes and afew Circus sites, I don't live on the computer...so it is what it is..
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 22:08 #14

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
OK, loaded it and now can read and see..Thanks...Baron must of given you the list of d u m m i e s that I head...:D

RE:The new horseshoes.com 15 Jan 2012 22:44 #15

• cyber steve
  • Owner
The New CO-OP Options for 2012

This will be available for purchase on the new site:

BASIC MEMBERSHIP subscription $25/year

Right out of the gate you can more than save the money back you spend on dues by receiving a $50 discount when placing an online purchase of farrier/hoofcare supplies from each of the following companies:

Farriers Depot
Midwest Farrier Supply
Nature Farms Farrier Supply

The discount program is easy:

Place an order for $250 or more, and $50 will be deducted. Example: Place an order for $265, and the final total will be $215. You may take advantage of this discount annually from each of the participating companies.

Thoro'Bred, Inc., also offers a $50 Cash Back Certificate, which may be taken annually, after purchasing only $250 a year of Thoro'Bred products. Just save your receipts and mail them to Thoro'Bred with the Cash Back Certificate.

Savings add up quickly. (And we anticipate additional companies joining the list - soon. So check back occasionally.)

Here are more money saving benefits available to Co-Op members:

Free registration to the Farrier & Hoofcare Resource Center Online Conferences.
HorseShoes Unlimited will give Co-Op members 20% off every order they place, year-round, on all R. Steele, RayGuang and Unlimited brand products, including pads and other items you use a lot. Major savings!
Ambrit Software will give Co-Op members a $50 discount off the purchase of any of its top-rated software programs.
Mozy online back-up service will give Co-Op members $7 off a one year subscription, and $15 off a two year subscription. Don't risk losing your data!
In the market for a new shoeing rig? SomerSong Forge offers a $100 discount on truck bodies, and a $200 discount on shoeing trailers to Co-Op members.
Office supplies? We all need them. Co-Op members will receive discount pricing from not just one, but two of the largest office supply retailers in the world: Staples and Office Depot.
A $35 registration discount to the UPenn Farrier Conference.
A $50 discount when you take the National Certification Course and/or a $50 discount when you take the Farrier Blacksmith Course given at the Heartland Horseshoeing School, by Chris Gergory, MS, CJF, FWCF.

Soon we'll be adding registration discounts to other seminars and clinics.

Through the NTRA Advantage program, Co-Op members may also receive discounts from:

John Deere equipment savings of between $250 and $1,000.
Preferred pricing from Office Depot.
Up to 40% off in-store pricing on Sherwin Williams products.
Up to 20% savings on Toshiba mobile products (laptop computers).
Discounts on UPS shipping.
Discounts on Moxie Equestrian tack and apparel.
Discounts on Hallway Feeds.
Equine Travel Advantage

The quest to continue adding benefits is never-ending. Your membership in the Co-Op will continue to increase in value as we negotiate additional benefits.

By any measure, that's a heck of a "return" on a $25 investment.

SILVER MEMBERSHIP subscription $55/year

Silver Membership includes all Basic Membership features plus:

1 year Farrier Listing in the Farriers.com Directory, a $48.50 value, Farriers.com is number one on all major search engines for most farrier searches. Increase your business now with the most effective marketing tool any farrier can buy.

GOLD MEMBERSHIP subscription $125/year

Membership includes all Silver Membership features plus:

Upgrade to a featured Farrier listing on Farriers.com, a $68.50 value. Featured listings show up at the top of the page and Farriers.com shows up at the top of most Farrier online searches. The best marketing tool for any farrier, get more business with the newly redesigned Farriers.com. Now you can upload your own text, photos, video, URL's, etc to your ad.

Membership includes a subscription to the American Farriers Journal, a $47.95 annual value.

A $54 late registration discount to the Hoofcare Summit, with no deadlines. Walk right up to the registration desk the day it starts, and as a Co-Op member you'll still receive the $54 discount (in otherwords, no late penalty).

Also Gold Memberships include a 10% off coupon for everything in the Horseshoes.com store.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP subscription $155/year

Membership includes all Gold Membership features plus membership to Hoofwatch.
Steve Turpin

• Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Aaron Roberts birthday is today
  • David Gill birthday is in 1 day
  • Jerry Downs birthday is in 1 day
  • my_quantum birthday is in 1 day
  • Omega Donisi birthday is in 1 day
  • Donald Ruff birthday is in 364 days
  • Richard Jamison birthday is in 364 days
  • RiversideBoy birthday is in 364 days
  • SteppinOnTheFrog birthday is in 364 days
  • Zach Osborn birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.