make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday January 18, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Central Ontario Farrier Apprenticeship Program

Central Ontario Farrier Apprenticeship Program 14 Mar 2013 13:56 #16

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Bennettfarrierservice wrote:
Dude, I love every part of my career! I find it challenging and I'm learning every day. I'll never stop learning.
I am VERY successful! Think twice before you judge...
As for the school, it is something that there is a need for.
Well it appears that there is nothing to stop anyone from filling that need. All anybody has to do is exactly what you have done - put up a web site and say they are running a farrier training course. And for the cost of dues, they can get themselves "accredited" without ever having to take a test to prove that they can shoe a horse.

Why should anybody sign up for YOUR SCHOOL. ANYBODY can BUY the exact same "accreditation" you have and claim the exact same QUALIFICATIONS.
And as for the AAPF the people that started that are the leaders of our industry,
That is past tense. The only thing they are leading now is lowering the value of their own qualifications. Imagine a group of Doctors that decide they will give accreditation to anyone who says they are a Doctor even if they never went to medical school. All ya gotta do is say you're a doctor with a few years of experience. No tests to pass, just sing here and pay your dues.
there was a lot that went into it,
Apparently it takes a lot of planning to sell something with absolutely NO SUBSTANCE.
and that also has a strong place in the farrier world.
Just because a bunch of suckers have signed up for it doesn't mean it is a good thing.
The AAPF's member list has grown at a crazy rate and despite what you think about it, it is a big deal.
Indeed it is a big deal. Now anybody including the most incompetent hack no account horse laming person that wants to be an "accredited farrier" can get a "professional endorsement" from the "leadership" just pay the dues.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.
Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013 14:00 by tbloomer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Central Ontario Farrier Apprenticeship Program 14 Mar 2013 19:06 #17

Tom,

irregardless of the value of the "accreditation", you know as well as I that in addition to the dues, they have to maintain the CE credits every year, Just for the record. This was a weak spot in all other "accreditation" that I'm aware of. Disclaimer: I am not a member of the AAPF.

Apart from that, I'm with you on the value of the "Apprenticeship Program", as presented.

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers
Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013 19:06 by Western Hill Forge.

Central Ontario Farrier Apprenticeship Program 15 Mar 2013 16:02 #18

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Western Hill Forge wrote:
Tom,

irregardless of the value of the "accreditation", you know as well as I that in addition to the dues, they have to maintain the CE credits every year, Just for the record. This was a weak spot in all other "accreditation" that I'm aware of. Disclaimer: I am not a member of the AAPF..
Well there's a little more to it than that. Any educational venue for farriers must submit a "request for approval" for CE accreditation. A brilliant political move on their part. In effect, they have made all farrier education programs subservient to their approval.

The AFA board of directors caved in and kissed the AAPF's ass to get the convention "approved." As far as I'm concerned that is the same thing as an official endorsement by the AFA in addition to being an official acknowledgement of AFA subservience to the AAPF.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.
Last Edit: 15 Mar 2013 16:03 by tbloomer.

Central Ontario Farrier Apprenticeship Program 17 Mar 2013 15:14 #19

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Tom,

irregardless of the value of the "accreditation", you know as well as I that in addition to the dues, they have to maintain the CE credits every year,..
I am all for CE and I get it year in and year out. That said, how many times have those of us who attend conferences, clinics, whatever, seen others, or been guilty ourselves, of not being "in the room" during a lecture? Is that really, continuing education? And, for those that do attend every session, why do they need an organization to give them an 'atta boy', a pat on the back, and some phony letters to put after their name? I get what that organization is trying to do but the way they are going about it is , IMO a discredit rather than a credit to our industry. And, lets be honest. The two credentials available for purchase from the AAPF are AF(accredited farrier) and APF(Accredited Professional Farrier). Accredited by whom? Why by a one year old +/- organization with, as yet, no real credibility of its own. :ohmy: What a bunch of crap. If an individual already has a credential that they haveearned why in the hell do they want or need a credential that they can, with no effort expended, buy? Personally, I would be embarrassed and would find it humiliating to add that nomenclature after my name. Maybe if the credential was ACE(achieves continuing education) or the like, I would find it palatable.
After all, the literature from the organization states "Our primary focus is Continuing Education for all professionals in our industry. We encourage professional farriers to attend clinics, seminars, contests, and other educational events to enhance their profession."

Then they go and shoot themselves in the foot when they say "The American Association of Professional Farriers is a trade association for farriers and veterinarians interested in equine podiatry. We also encourage suppliers, manufacturers, and service providers for the farrier industry to become members."

Are they somehow unaware that there is no recognized field in the industry called "equine podiatry'? For if there were, there would be a legitimate credential named "EP"(Equine podiatrist"). Now, I know there are some folks out there calling themselves "Equine Podiatrist" or AEP(Applied Equine Podiatrist) or some other nonsense, but in reality, that is just a figment of their imagination and bit of prestidigitation on their part. In general, all of this, the AAPF and their AFs and APFs, the EPs, the AEPs lend even more credence to the observation and fact that for the most part there are no longer very many true horsemen/women who coincidentally own horses. Rather, they have been supplanted by horse owners who, on the best day of their lives, wouldn't make a pimple on a horseman's butt.
Just for the record. This was a weak spot in all other "accreditation" that I'm aware of.
CE efforts were attempted by other organizations(AFA, etc). They failed because since standing for the credentialing process is voluntary, when CE requirements were made mandatory, folks just said, in effect, 'if that's a requirement then I just won't stand for the certification process. And, even when it was undertaken, it became nigh onto impossible to verify, let alone, enforce. To that end, I have yet to hear how the AAPF is going to enforce the requirement for yearly CE to maintain one's credential. ie once the credential is issued, if the requirements are not met yearly, how is the organization going to withdraw the credential? Maybe they'll send the 'offender' a letter telling him/her that the credential is withdrawn and for said individual to 'cease and desist' using it. Wanna guess how many will remove the credential from after their name? But, if you want a cheap, means nothing bunch of letters after your name, for $25.00, I'll print you up a fancy certificate, suitable for framing, proclaiming you a RSFW(Real Special Farrier Wannabe). Its a one time fee, good for your lifetime. For the same money, if you already hold a valid, earned credential from a recognized national farrier association, you'll be able to add TSS (Terminally Stable Stoopid(sic)) to your moniker. :)
Disclaimer: I am not a member of the AAPF.
Now, that's not only impressive, but smart, too. :)
Apart from that, I'm with you on the value of the "Apprenticeship Program", as presented.
Great minds think alike.....

Regards,

The other Rick, aka: Rick, too.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 18:54 by Rick Burten.

Central Ontario Farrier Apprenticeship Program 17 Mar 2013 15:26 #20

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
tbloomer wrote:
Well there's a little more to it than that. Any educational venue for farriers must submit a "request for approval" for CE accreditation. A brilliant political move on their part. In effect, they have made all farrier education programs subservient to their approval.
Imagine the outcome if all the farrier education programs refused to/chose not to seek approval from the AAPF.
The AFA board of directors caved in and kissed the AAPF's ass to get the convention "approved." As far as I'm concerned that is the same thing as an official endorsement by the AFA in addition to being an official acknowledgement of AFA subservience to the AAPF.
I agree. And so did the IHCS and other 'lesser venues'. My feeling on the "why's" of why the AFA, etal caved in have nothing to do with actually caring whether the AAPF approves of their program, but everything to do with money and fear. ie: if we don't get their 'blessing', maybe folks won't show up and that would hurt the 'bottom line'. So, since it's no sweat off our testes, we'll go ahead and get their approval... What's going to be interesting and entertaining is to watch what happens when an request for approval is submitted and subsequently denied until and unless the venue uses certain speakers, and includes only specified(by the AAPF) topics and perhaps, even holds the event only at a time and date that is dictated by the AAPF. Hell, down the road, perhaps we'll see an unholy marriage between AAPF and AFEC. :ohmy: :(
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2013 15:30 by Rick Burten.
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• alicia739 birthday is today
  • KDavisCJF birthday is today
  • Rob Mokri birthday is today
  • teddyholz birthday is today
  • TrucutucA3CF birthday is today
  • arizonacowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Ed Gladden birthday is in 1 day
  • khfs birthday is in 1 day
  • NewShoes28 birthday is in 1 day
  • phantomcowgirl birthday is in 1 day
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.