make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday January 24, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Second quessing myself!

Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 04:04 #1

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Today I relearned an old lesson! Last week one of my 6 yr old mares got kicked on the left front leg just about three inches above the knee by another mare. Luckily I thought, the kicker was barefoot. The injuried mare was wearing a blanket due to the cold front we had, and actually the insult was right at the bottom of the blanket. I checked the mare about an hour after I heard the kick and she had a small cut, so I hyroded it and cleaned the wound and checked it everyday. Well, this morning I am still hyroing and notice the knee is still puffy and she is still off just a tad? I turn her back out to the pasture by my arena where she lives and she goes about grazing and nothing wrong. About three hours later, my two stepsons were spreading manure from cleaning stalls and I am riding the "winch" that kicked my mare. My wife then calls me and tells me "Taffy" is limping really bad , because she ran into a tree??? Well I walked out to her and I could see that the bone had gone ahead and displaced , apparently the leg was fractured and she stumbled and caused the bone to seperate. Saturday afternoon and no Vet is taking calls, but I know she is a goner as soon as I saw the leg. I am so upset with myself because I neglected to dig deeper, I guess? Maybe an x-ray would of shown the fracture and I might of been able to keep her in a stall or smaller lot alone? I really feel bad about this and believe me I have put down alot of differant species over my career, but I feel I dropped the ball with her. Long story short, she is a full sister to my "good" mare, she was born with almost a ricketey type conformation, and I was going to put her down that night but my wife said NO! I had to manupilate her hind legs and hocks for the first month of her life because she was so twisted looking to start. Got her over that and then three years ago when I had my sinus surgerys , she stepped on something with her right hind leg and almost severed her DDFT. Got her over that and then I was finally able to start her under saddle, (abit late due to her problems) and working her on cattle. She wasn't as good as her sister but I felt that she was behind in her training. I feel about as low as whale **** and well, I guess I just needed to type it out and read it myself? Thanks for letting me vent.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 04:28 #2

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Sorry you are dealing with this.
Don't blame yourself this sounds like something all but the most nerotic owner would have missed.

The slight swelling and stiffness around the Knee could have just been fluid draining from bruised tissue. I wouldn't have guessed it was broken.

You and your mare will be in my thoughts.
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 04:52 #3

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
AYYY Gazza wadda bastard mate :(
like olmate said dont be blaming ya self
excrement happens and we all get cought out and I recon Id have acted just as you did mate yeah
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 04:54 #4

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
I know Red, but it feels like someone sure suckerpunched me in the gut!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 05:07 #5

• red_hush21
  • Very Senior Member
Accidents happen Gary, out of you control.
I am sorry to hear this :(
Chocolat noir & Sake.... :D

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 05:36 #6

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
Gary,

A client (and a good riding buddy) had almost the same experience a couple months ago. Mare came in lame from pasture, had the vet out, he didn't Xray, didn't see a real problem. Couple days later, the bone was displaced, obvious break. Sometimes these things happen - Sorry.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 06:05 #7

aww....that stinks!! I feel so badly for you! I'll be praying for you.

Beth

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 10:09 #8

• ocsmitty
It's never easy to lose an animal. I cry every time. I don't think you did anything wrong.If you are like me you don't want to call the vet for every sneeze and sniffle, I'd have done the same as you. Sounds like she had many good years in your family. She would have been denied those years on many other farms. Sleep easy tonight knowing you gave her a home and family while she was here.

Bryant

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 16:10 #9

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Sorry to here about your mare!!
I have heard of this alot here ,you heard the kick ,most of the ones here where not seen or heard ,so they never really know what as happend when the horse suddenly comes in with a break after just being lame for a few days .i was told that it is commen when horses get kicked on the inside of the leg.

The same is with our everyday work ,i had a friend who got hit as a horse pulled of the stand at the front ,it hurt ,but he only found out it was broken at the weekend ,3 days later..

These things happen there is no fault to be found!!

regards Ray

RE:Second quessing myself! 08 Feb 2009 16:21 #10

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Jack Evers wrote:
Gary,

A client (and a good riding buddy) had almost the same experience a couple months ago. Mare came in lame from pasture, had the vet out, he didn't Xray, didn't see a real problem. Couple days later, the bone was displaced, obvious break. Sometimes these things happen - Sorry.

I KNOW my vet would not have seen the need to x-ray.
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com

RE:Second quessing myself! 10 Feb 2009 19:35 #11

Sorry to hear this Gary, your a good horseman. I know this is easier said than done, but don't beat yourself up over it. It can happen to any of us. Seen a few injurys with the Vet involved and x-rays were not taken and then after lameness persists find a break. Stuff happens.

Anways, hope that helps.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Second quessing myself! 10 Feb 2009 20:07 #12

Sorry about your horse. This won't make you feel any better but I would have done the same thing.
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Second quessing myself! 10 Feb 2009 21:19 #13

Gary,

Got a call from a client last night.... One of her horses took a spill on some ice when turned out Thursday last week. Vet came out and evaled the horse within hours, could not find anything glaringly wrong but the horse was lame behind. The vet prescribed stall rest and some bute.

My client went out yesterday morning to feed and the horse had somehow during the night displaced at the hip on the injured side.

The horse had to be put down.

This is life as we know it.

I know this does not change your feelings but it may put into perspective that no matter what we do, sometimes things go bad.

Chin up.

Regards,
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:Second quessing myself! 10 Feb 2009 21:42 #14

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
As Jaye would say, "Damn, just Damn......."
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Second quessing myself! 10 Feb 2009 21:51 #15

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
Thanks for the replies! It was just one of those, Damnit! things!
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• alminc11 birthday is today
  • DABELL24 birthday is today
  • skelemen birthday is today
  • capvieterB8F2 birthday is in 1 day
  • mountaintrailrider birthday is in 1 day
  • sean_the_shoer birthday is in 1 day
  • sweetbranchforge birthday is in 1 day
  • technologie2A68 birthday is in 1 day
  • zaplwiecowiec8 birthday is in 1 day
  • brianriggs birthday is in 364 days
  • canditemby birthday is in 364 days
  • cwlindauer birthday is in 364 days
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is in 364 days
  • lonestar birthday is in 364 days
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.