make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday November 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Iraq discussion

RE:Iraq discussion 25 Mar 2008 12:15 #136

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
This missive is not about religion, it's about your failure to take personal responsibility for your mistake, then having the temerity to attempt to blame your error on me. With that thought in mind, I most respectfully suggest that your apparent inability to express yourself - either accurately or cogently - is your problem, not mine. :)
Sir,

I made no mistake and you arranged things to get the result you wanted to get. Obviously others got similar or expanded results using the same words in a search. I do have to admit that my choice to withdraw was driven by my desire to not put up with yet another of your patented diatribes that use the brute force of volume and form to suggest cogent content.

Good day.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Iraq discussion 25 Mar 2008 12:39 #137

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
beslagsmed in gray

I just tried it [entering data into a search engine] on AltaVista and got 30,700,000 hits.

I don't doubt it.

The problem with using any search engine is that unless one's search criteria is specific, every source of every word in the search criteria will be shown in the results. For example, if one types "I hate hip hop" into a search engine that is non-specific (i.e., Google, the top line of Google's Advanced Search, Alta Vista, etc.), then every source containing all of the words in any order, including any modifiers, will be returned in the results - as long as "I", "hate", "hip", and "hop" are found somewhere in the source, the results will be returned as a hit. Even if a source says, "I can't understand why anyone in their right mind could hate hip hop", it'll still be shown as a hit - obviously the lack of specificity renders the results of such a search ambiguous to the point of absurdity.

For that reason, most search engines have features that allow the user to use more specific criteria, criteria that requires the search engine to return only those sources containing words in a specific order, to include sources containing words in a specific order as well as other words in any order, or to exclude any source containing certain words, even if the source contains the portion of the search criteria requiring specific order.

Thus, while, "I hate hip hop" (without quotes) typed into Google's Search, the first line of Google's Advanced Search, or Alta Vista will get lots of hits, typing the same phrase into the second line of Google's Advanced Search or between quotes on Alta Vista will limit the search to those folks who actually hate hip hop and return a considerably fewer hits. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:Iraq discussion 25 Mar 2008 14:02 #138

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
Ronald E. Kramedjian in gray

I made no mistake and you arranged things to get the result you wanted to get.

LMAO! I didn't arrange anything, I used YOUR exact criteria, exactly as written and got the results I posted.

Obviously others got similar or expanded results using the same words in a search.

In reality, no one who used your criteria as posted got results any different than mine.

I do have to admit that my choice to withdraw was driven by my desire to not put up with yet another of your patented diatribes that use the brute force of volume and form to suggest cogent content.

I suspect you've chosen to withdraw because you are computer savvy and you damn well know that any general search will return lots of results, most of which are meaningless; while a specific search will return results germane to the issue. I believe you knew better when you posted the criteria, but you were hoping the meaningless numbers such search would generate would support your position.

It didn't. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Iraq discussion 25 Mar 2008 14:41 #139

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I just did a google search on "muslims against 9/11"...only without the quotes.

The first return... islam.about.com/cs/currentevents/a/9_11statements.htm

The second...www.freemuslims.org/

The third articles/muslim_voices_against_extremism_and_terrorism_part_i_fatwas/

There are apparently quite a few Muslims who are against terrorist acts and they seem to be trying to make people aware of it.

RE:Iraq discussion 25 Mar 2008 14:48 #140

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't know what percentage of muslims are a threat but in my 16+ years of corporate life I worked and traveled with quite a few.

I got to know some of them pretty well and being a somewhat outspoken Christian I had more than a few fairly interesting discussions and even debates with some of them...not much to do hanging around hotel lounges after work. Note that I am still alive and unharmed.

RE:Iraq discussion 25 Mar 2008 23:31 #141

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
I suspect you've chosen to withdraw because you are computer savvy and you damn well know that any general search will return lots of results, most of which are meaningless; while a specific search will return results germane to the issue.
Sir,

Mr. Ferrara has made my point for me. You are also computer savvy enough to create a search that yields a nil set. Unfortunately you do not appear open minded enough to have even looked at the results of the more open search. This would tend to support the theory that you are constructing facts to support your position instead of staking our a valid and defensible position in the first place.

Now I am done.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Iraq discussion 26 Mar 2008 03:58 #142

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
Ronald E. Kramedjian

Mr. Ferrara has made my point for me.

If your point was that any non-specific search invariably yields statistically meaningless results, you're certainly correct.

You are also computer savvy enough to create a search that yields a nil set.

It's not my fault that your criteria, used exactly as provided by yourself, did not provide the results you anticipated. Put another way, it appears your attempted disingenuousness backfired.

Unfortunately you do not appear open minded enough to have even looked at the results of the more open search.

While I appreciate your attempted damage control, you know very well that any search without specificity is a waste of time. Accuracy counts.

This would tend to support the theory that you are constructing facts to support your position instead of staking our a valid and defensible position in the first place.

LMAO! How exactly does one "construct facts" by entering your criteria in a search engine, exactly as you posted them? That said, it pains me to note that a less indifferent scholar, perhaps one less intent on obfuscation, might've noted that I provided information (quotes) in support of my position that are specific, damning, and easily authenticated. In your haste to digress, you must've missed them.

Now I am done.

You were done well before your latest post. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Iraq discussion 13 Apr 2008 01:13 #143

Here is a good history lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXhShuof1I
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

Kunena Birthday Module

• farrierservice birthday is today
  • Michelle McCall birthday is today
  • painted trails birthday is today
  • steveaskew74@hotmail.co.u birthday is today
  • Telle9330 birthday is today
  • In Alberta birthday is in 1 day
  • Jim Johnson birthday is in 364 days
  • Micki Ollman birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.