make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing

Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 30 Jun 2005 18:24 #1

AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE BWFA BOARD OF DIRECTORS;

Concerning proposed Farrier Licensing, Regulating Horseshoeing Schools in the United States and the proposals made by AFA task forces and their committees;

#1 The BWFA Board of Directors do not support farrier licensing.

#2 The BWFA Board of Directors do not want to regulate horseshoeing schools in the United States.

#3 The BWFA Board of Directors will not recognize small self appointed committees.

The BWFA board members feel issues of such magnitude should not be discussed behind closed doors. We feel these issues should be examined and voted on by the entire farrier industry out in the open with the majority of farriers, farrier vendors, farrier schools and with the large population of farriers who do not belong to farrier associations. They should all have the opportunity to hear the pros and cons of such issues that will affect their livelihood and the future of the farrier industry.

We would like to set the record straight that the BWFA membership consists of over 8,000 individuals, making it the largest farrier association. (Contrary to previous reports by non-BWFA individuals and groups.)

Therefore; this November at the BWFA convention we are inviting ALL FARRIERS, regardless of their affiliations, to come vote on these issues. We feel that this is only fair and that the majority should rule.

In conclusion, the BWFA Board of Directors is publicly inviting the following persons to attend the convention and speak on these issues both pro and con. There will be no secret agendas and it will be done out in the open for all to see and hear.

The is a preliminary list as of June 28, 2005:
The Guild President
The AFA President
The BWFA President
Owners of all private Horseshoeing Schools in the U.S.
The Farrier Industry Association President
Frank Lessiter of the American Farriers Journal publication
Doug Butler
John Blombach
Donald Jones
Marcus Pierce
Mike Miller and the disbanded AFA Task Force members
Representatives from Breed Associations, several congressmen and the press
BWFA Convention dates are November 4, 5, 2005 to be held at the BWFA Headquarters located at the Farriers’ National Research Center in Georgia.

We expect this list to grow as BWFA President, Ralph Casey travels across the U.S. meeting with horse owners and farriers in clinics on his Cross Country Tour 2005 in support of the BWFA, Horseshoe’n Time television show and the BWFA 2005 Annual Convention. More information and Tour Clinic Dates can be obtained at www.bwfa.net or by calling the BWFA Headquarters in Georgia at (706) 397-8047, email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Our board of directors welcomes your comments and suggestions. We also welcome you to place your opinions in our on-line Opinion Poll located on our website or mail in the form of the Liberty For All flyer being distributed nationwide. (Anonymous name polls will not be counted !)

BWFA Headquarters
14013 East Hwy 136
LaFayette, Georgia 30728
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 30 Jun 2005 21:57 #2

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
BWFA Headquarters wrote:
AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE BWFA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
[Self-aggrandizing fluff deleted]
There will be no secret agendas and it will be done out in the open for all to see and hear...
Speaking of secret agendas, would this be the same BWFA that once offered to make me a "BWFA Master Farrier" if I'd send you $50.00? I haven't paid too much attention to the BWFA goings on since then, I figure y'all have all the credibility of a used car salesman and not quite as much integrity.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 00:33 #3

Tom

Looks straight forward and honest to me. That's more than can be said for the most recent propaganda out of the AFA Headquarters in Albuquerque.

At least the BWFA isn't afraid to take the correct stand on this un-popular issue. You've got to give then credit, they usually stay out of politics and avoid controversial issues(live and let live). Actually they were dragged into this by AFA accusations that the Brotherhood was somehow positioned with the AAEP on a licensing agenda. Just more of those nasty "rumors".

Phantom
"The work will teach you how to do it"

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 02:21 #4

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
After the BWFA tested and pasted me as a CJF after three months of school, and certified a dog as a journyman farrier, I'm surprized they don't offer licenses themselves at only $49.99 if you act now!
I see this as a stunt on Casey's part for some publicity.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 02:50 #5

Bill,

A very wise publicity stunt I might add. Hope the bigshots in Albuquerque are paying close attention, they could learn a lot.

So you are an AFA Certified Journeyman Farrier, Congrats!

Phantom

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 03:37 #6

• Bill Adams
  • Master
Phantom,
Not yet an AFA CJF. I said I passed the BWFA test for a CJF after only three months of school. As a mater of fact the fellow testing on the horse next to mine was alowed to pass though he should have ben disqualified because "the horse didn't bleed that much". True story.
As to the dog story, a Farrier in Ohio, I think, sent in the funds and got a certificate showing his dog a journyman. I can get the names if needed. I see the way I wrote it in the last post, it didn't come out the way I meant it to. I guess I better not quit my day job to become a writer.
Curently I still have to work out a couple of details on my shoe board, and I'll be an AFA CF. I've all ready passed the practical and the writen.
That darn AFA seems a bit tougher to get passed than the other bunch.
I must say congratulations to you on your CJF and place in The Hall, and have been appriciating you posting here.
Thanks, Bill

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 06:25 #7

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Bill Call him John, come to that, John call yourself John.

A question for the BWFA, Arn't you the guys who had a gunfight at your last convention?
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 21:49 #8

The BWFA has a professional policy. It is called a pledge as follows:

As a member of the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association, I pledge to support the BWFA and farrier industry by barring discrimination and criticism in any way towards any individual, educator, school, organization, fellow member or working farrier. I will support those who are attempting to make the farrier trade his or her professional business.

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 22:26 #9

Like I've said before, I like honest and straight forward, not double speak, secret agenda and rumor. Good for the Brotherhood.

Phantom

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 23:08 #10

• Bill Adams
  • Master
criticism in any way towards any individual, educator, school, organization, fellow member or working farrier. [/QUOTE]

OK then.
Nobody ever say anything to criticise any one Farrier or Farrier organization, or comittee therein. What ever the leaders want, or what ever worthless paper one can buy, so be it. Don't say anything critical.
BTW, all the AFA stuff is signed by the person who wrote it.
Bill

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 01 Jul 2005 23:53 #11

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
BWFA Headquarters wrote:

As a member of the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association, I pledge to support the BWFA and farrier industry by barring discrimination and criticism in any way towards any individual, educator, school, organization, fellow member or working farrier. I will support those who are attempting to make the farrier trade his or her professional business.
So many buzzwords, so little time. When you think about it, why would anyone pledge not to discriminate against or criticize other folks, the things they represent, or their ideas? That doesn't make a helluva lot of sense.

Discrimination is the making of choices. Every farrier makes choices relative to his trade on a daily basis and pledging to refrain from making choices is illogical. On the other hand, invidious discrimination is a Bad Thing and has to do mainly with treating others unfairly on the basis of prejudice. For example, I discriminate against the BWFA because thay tried to sell me a master's credential, but that's a choice - and that choice wasn't made on the basis of race, color, creed, or national origin.

When it comes to criticism, our forefathers thought so much of the ability to criticize others, their ideas, and the things they do, that free speech is codified in the First Amendment of the Constitution. In the United States, I have the right to point out that Strasser runs a cult, that the BWFA testing program is less than stellar, and that a feral foot is a poor model for a domestic horse. Nobody is required to agree with my criticism, but the salient point is that I have the right to make it. I don't quite understand why anyone would pledge to give up a right guaranteed by the Constitution; more importantly, it appears to me that anyone formulating a "pledge" that requires folks to give up their right of free expression is indicative of some sort of agenda that won't stand much criticism.
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 02 Jul 2005 00:36 #12

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Tom,
I have very much respect for your skills and knowledge, I was a bit upset when I ran across this though

-> http://www.katyforge.com/license.htm

I dont know how anyone as keen as you could think its a good idea take away someones right to their livelyhood. As americans our rights are being stripped daily. There will allways be some ignorant guy shoeing horses even with licenses, just now he can say he's got a license. I dont think licensing will help anyone but the guys at the top. And it will only help their personal agendas to fill their wallets.

Its just a personal disagreement, you still got my respect as a farrier =]
________
E cigarette

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 02 Jul 2005 02:28 #13

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
SlowShoe]Tom,
I have very much respect for your skills and knowledge, I was a bit upset when I ran across this though
-> http://www.katyforge.com/license.htm
I dont know how anyone as keen as you could think its a good idea take away someones right to their livelyhood. As americans our rights are being stripped daily. There will allways be some ignorant guy shoeing horses even with licenses, just now he can say he's got a license. I dont think licensing will help anyone but the guys at the top. And it will only help their personal agendas to fill their wallets. [/QUOTE]
I apprecate your candor, but I think licensing is inevitable, not necessarily a good idea. Here's my reasoning: In my home state of Texas, the state is strapped for cash, we go from one fiscal crisis to another, land owners are taxed to death, and the influx of illegial aliens has extended our medical, education, and social service infrastructure beyond imagination. We have no state income tax, but we have a state sales tax that taxes goods, not services.

The quickest way for a Texas politician to be tarred, feathered, and ridden outa town on a rail is to suggest a state income tax, so what revenue stone does that leave unturned? That's right, a tax on services! Farriers are way down towards the bottom of any list of service industries that includes doctors, lawyers, accountants, veterinarians, etc. - but we're on there someplace and, sooner or later, the state is going to figure out that we represent an untapped source of revenue. When that legislative epiphany occurs - and occur it will - the state is going to have to implement some sort of registration/licensing procedure in order to keep track of us.

I figure it'd be a helluva lot better for our state farrier's association (TPFA) to work with the equine vets at Texas A&M to start right now to come up with a plan for testing, licensing, administration, and enforcement than it would be to wait on the state to create a bureaucracy to make sure they get their taxes. Personally, I can get along just fine with farriers and vets, but bureaucrats give me gas.

Anyway, that's my take on licensing. I don't think licensing is going to help farriers, owners, or horses one wit, but the state's insatiable need for more revenue makes it not a matter of "if" it's gonna happen wrote:
Its just a personal disagreement, you still got my respect as a farrier.
Thanks.
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 02 Jul 2005 06:55 #14

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
BWFA Headquarters wrote:

As a member of the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association, I pledge to support the BWFA and farrier industry by barring discrimination and criticism in any way towards any individual, educator, school, organization, fellow member or working farrier. .

If not by name only. I recall The BFWA's president several years ago, putting the smack on "the non certified" during a visit to the 1992 WSFA winter meeting. Further, I recall the BWFA putting a very controversial and what I deemed the most irresponsible farrier article about "speed cutting" in an issue of "Southern Horseman".

Look, you guys can tell me that your the best thing to hit the farrier industry since machine made nails, but I think your organization has done more to divide farriers than bring them together.
On several occasions the BWFA has HANDED OUT, charged for credentials with out testing. In one case your president gave a handful of your Journeyman II credentials to an 8-week class at Oklahoma Farriers College. And don't crack back by saying, "where’s my proof" It's in the hands of one of my neighbors out here.

If the BWFA had done what Ralph Casey proposed all those years ago, had fulfilled Mr. Casey's promise of a true fraternal organization, If the BWFA had not taken such greedy steps to gain membership, perhaps I could respect and join you, but your actions leave a lot to be desired. It will take a whole lot more than a hollow pledge to change my mind about your organization, and your leadership.

P.S. you spell John, J-o-h-n not P-h-a-n-t-o-m
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:Official Statement from the BWFA on Farrier Licensing 02 Jul 2005 10:51 #15

T.N. Trosin,

John, that is correct, you get a gold star.

Phantom

Kunena Birthday Module

• Rude_n_Ugly birthday is today
  • Russ in WI birthday is today
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is today
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 1 day
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 1 day
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 1 day
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 2 days
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 2 days
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 2 days
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 364 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.