make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday June 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lest We Forget

RE:Lest We Forget 14 Sep 2007 01:00 #16

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Red Amor in gray

theres a heap a good Aussies got ya back overthere mate and the poms and the rest of the un guys
ask ya to give them a hand to mate please yeah

Everyone fighting Islam's terrorists is in my prayers.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Lest We Forget 14 Sep 2007 02:25 #17

• Guy_Buck
I'll send a Thank You to the Aussies via Red. I've worked down south with the Australian Army Units and have been very impressed with the lot. No Poofta's here (Red Will Understand).

RE:Lest We Forget 14 Sep 2007 04:29 #18

hoofnhound wrote:
I will just never fathom how the minds of people capable of commiting these atrocities work.
Alison,

It is actually fairly easy to understand. Any time you can generate a fanatical belief that your religion (dogma) is right and nobody else’s is valid you create a mindset that is ripe for the mental jump to killing. This is clothed in all kinds of mentally and emotionally acceptable terms, like faith, patriotism, race loyalty, etc... But it is much the same regardless. I mention this lest we fail to be vigilant against adoption a fanatic fervor in our own belief systems.

We program solders to kill the enemy and tell them it is ok just like the other folks. The big difference between us and them is we also program those same solders to not kill when no threat exists. There are some very interesting texts on moral war available. The deliberate killing innocent, by any means, is not acceptable morally in any cir***stance.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Lest We Forget 14 Sep 2007 08:37 #19

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Onya Buckie Mate ;)

Im sure that right Tom , thankyou Mate ay
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Lest We Forget 14 Sep 2007 12:30 #20

The short answer to your question (which Ron answered well) is nihilism; when more value is placed on what lies beyond, be it Paradise, heaven, or in the case of the Nazi's a racially pure reich, it is very easy to negate the value of the here and know, even the value of human life. I would not even call it a short slippery slope, as the perpetrators of these atrocities do not value thier own lives, ergo can not be expected to value any other life. They should be handled like a vicious rabid dog with a record of biting children: killed quickly at the first sign of aggresion.
JMO,
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Lest We Forget 15 Sep 2007 14:33 #21

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Just found this thread.
I'll never forget just as I was getting out of range of the AM stations (six in the morning west coast), the sports station I had on said that ANOTHER air plane had just hit the WTC. I hadn't heard about the first one.
Switched to FM and the local alternitive rock station had the DJ's wife on the phone reporting what she saw on TV. She gasped, saying the building is falling. He asked if she meant the top had fallen off.
What a crazy political world we live in where Osama blasts the Dems for not getting out soon enough and Kerry replies that they can't because they don't have sixty votes yet.
Fortunatly there are still some grownups out there to run things and people like Guy and you others who serve.
Thank you all.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Lest We Forget 15 Sep 2007 22:18 #22

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
Alison,

It is actually fairly easy to understand. Any time you can generate a fanatical belief that your religion (dogma) is right and nobody else’s is valid you create a mindset that is ripe for the mental jump to killing. This is clothed in all kinds of mentally and emotionally acceptable terms, like faith, patriotism, race loyalty, etc... But it is much the same regardless. I mention this lest we fail to be vigilant against adoption a fanatic fervor in our own belief systems.

We program solders to kill the enemy and tell them it is ok just like the other folks. The big difference between us and them is we also program those same solders to not kill when no threat exists. There are some very interesting texts on moral war available. The deliberate killing innocent, by any means, is not acceptable morally in any cir***stance.

Who's definition of "moral" should we use?..."moral war"...that's funny.

RE:Lest We Forget 15 Sep 2007 22:29 #23

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Jason Maki wrote:
The short answer to your question (which Ron answered well) is nihilism; when more value is placed on what lies beyond, be it Paradise, heaven, or in the case of the Nazi's a racially pure reich, it is very easy to negate the value of the here and know, even the value of human life. I would not even call it a short slippery slope, as the perpetrators of these atrocities do not value thier own lives, ergo can not be expected to value any other life. They should be handled like a vicious rabid dog with a record of biting children: killed quickly at the first sign of aggresion.
JMO,
Jason

When more value is place on any thing than on human life, it's easy to rationalize the taking or sacrifice of that human life. Whether it's in the "beyond " or the "here and now", makes no difference.

Just the other day, I heard President Bush say that the mission in Iraq is worth the cost...how many have we lost now? Worth it to who?

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 01:04 #24

Mike,
with all due respect, the real question is "How many have been saved?"...
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 01:27 #25

• Guy_Buck
I understand that everyone has right to their opinion and I haven't been to Iraq. Here in Afghanistan I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of the population is thankful, people in the US have no perspective of the horrors that have faced the citizens here and Iraq. You cannot sit in your nice house, eat good food, have freedom to come and go as you wish and begin to understand what these people have been through. In 18 months here I have seen a noticable change in the population, less burkas, more smiles and an infrastructure that may support stability. How do you put a price on that?
Attachments:

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 02:01 #26

...or downplay the sense of taking the fight to the enemy, and fighting the war on HIS lands, using the enemies resources to protect his interests, not attack our homeland. The War on Terror has many faces and many fronts, but if we can create an environment where people are permitted to be free, and be responsible for themselves in a place they can love, they will be far to busy living to attack us for doing the same. essentially brave men and women such as Mr. Buck are teaching these people to be selfsufficient while damaging the cause of those who benefit from their poverty and ignorance. A simple concept which has somehow alluded those in the media and most politicians. This will be a fifty year war; if it is not fought now on our terms it will be fought on their terms on our land.
Jason
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 12:04 #27

Mike Ferrara wrote:
Who's definition of "moral" should we use?..."moral war"...that's funny.
Mike,

The concept of moral war has been and is debated amongst religious and military leaders in more depth than I could elaborate. The Jesuits seem to take the lead in the debate at times. Yews it seems oxy*****ic but it is actually quite practical. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge base and do a touch of research. The concepts of moral war are taught to US military personnel in the normal course of their training, even if it is not termed moral war, for two primary reasons. First, it teaches them how to comply with the Geneva Conventions. Second, it helps in some small way to deal with the emotional trauma of killing. The last debate I saw was on PBS about ten years ago and the US Army was represented by a bird Colonel from a Range Division.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 12:18 #28

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Jason Maki wrote:
Mike,
with all due respect, the real question is "How many have been saved?"...
Jason

That is a good question.

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 12:23 #29

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Jason Maki wrote:
...or downplay the sense of taking the fight to the enemy, and fighting the war on HIS lands, using the enemies resources to protect his interests, not attack our homeland. The War on Terror has many faces and many fronts, but if we can create an environment where people are permitted to be free, and be responsible for themselves in a place they can love, they will be far to busy living to attack us for doing the same. essentially brave men and women such as Mr. Buck are teaching these people to be selfsufficient while damaging the cause of those who benefit from their poverty and ignorance. A simple concept which has somehow alluded those in the media and most politicians. This will be a fifty year war; if it is not fought now on our terms it will be fought on their terms on our land.
Jason

It's going to be a 50 year war anyway unless we just give up and leave. Most of the middle east has been nothing but a bunch of waring tribes for the last few thousand years.

Fight the enemy on his ground? Great idea, all we have to do is figure out who the enemy is.

RE:Lest We Forget 16 Sep 2007 12:28 #30

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
Mike,

The concept of moral war has been and is debated amongst religious and military leaders in more depth than I could elaborate. The Jesuits seem to take the lead in the debate at times. Yews it seems oxy*****ic but it is actually quite practical. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge base and do a touch of research. The concepts of moral war are taught to US military personnel in the normal course of their training, even if it is not termed moral war, for two primary reasons. First, it teaches them how to comply with the Geneva Conventions.

The Geneva Conventions make a war moral?

Second, it helps in some small way to deal with the emotional trauma of killing. The last debate I saw was on PBS about ten years ago and the US Army was represented by a bird Colonel from a Range Division.

If you want some interesting reading, read this http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

Kunena Birthday Module

• Mike Chaffin birthday is today
  • shelby820 birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is in 1 day
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 363 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 363 days
  • AClement birthday is in 364 days
  • andreanelson birthday is in 364 days
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is in 364 days
  • Docbarhorse birthday is in 364 days
  • SherryinPA birthday is in 364 days
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.