make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: taking the enjoyment out

RE:taking the enjoyment out 07 Aug 2007 16:11 #31

  • Cyber Farrier
  • Cyber Farrier's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 1624
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
Since I sent out the letter, I've received over 400 letters of support. And a half dozen complaining it was rude. Why anyone who hasn't posted anything that would be construed as not being civil would think this letter was written specifically to them is beyond me. But that's what makes a horse race....

Here it is:
Recently I've been disturbed by what I sense has been a general "lowering" of the level of civility in the discourse on the Forums. I've received letters from people complaining about it, and I'm getting concerned. The Resource Center is generally viewed world-wide as the best place to ask questions, trade advice and gain knowledge about farriery and hoofcare. But the plain truth is that many people are hestitating to post because they fear being treated poorly.

Prior to the addition of the Political Arena forum, this was never a problem. But since I allowed an "anything goes" atmoshere on that forum, it seems that attitude has spilled over to the other forums, to our detriment.

None of us likes to read posts we consider plain old ******. And admitedly, there are some of those. But there's a reason a "Back" icon is available on your browser. Use it! No one is forcing you to reply.

If there's someone whose posts you don't like, put them on your "Ignore" list. Then their posts won't bother you.

The bottom line is this: I intend to restore the squeaky clean level of conduct and discourse the forums had until fairly recently. I will use my all powerful DELETE button ruthlessly if I sense even a whiff of anything but goodness and light.

Stick to the topic. If you can't, don't post. I encourage constructive critism, for without it the forums would be useless. But be careful how you word the critisism. Build, don't tear down. There's nothing wrong with attacking, literally, positions or statements that are wrong. Just don't attack the person who posits those positions or statements.

Any personal comments, and I mean ANY, will cause a post to be deleted. I don't care how great the rest of the post was. One sentence, one phrase, that is even close to an ad hominum attack will be all it takes. That post will be history.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Now, go on, have fun. Enjoy.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 07 Aug 2007 16:19 #32

  • darkclark
  • darkclark's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Member
  • Posts: 16
  • Karma: 0
LOL... glad I found this. I was thinking to myself 'what did I do?', I barely ever post. I mostly like to read and learn. :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 07 Aug 2007 19:48 #33

  • Rick Burten
  • Rick Burten's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Enforcer
  • Posts: 9082
  • Thank you received: 50
  • Karma: 8
Baron,

I think that for some, the outrage(LOL) stems from the fact that you had the temerity to address the letter to each individual member,(as in "Dear Richard Burten, or Dear Tom Stovall," et al) rather than a generic "Dear FHRC member".

Appartently by being personal, you either struck a resonant chord with some, or some were so offended by their personal inclusion that it wadded their undies and caused them peptic disruption. In which case, I suggest those who were offended take some Maalox or the generic equivalent.

As has been noted elsewhere, its a case of mind over matter..Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter, don't mind. And that is, of course, JMNTBCHO :D
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."


Je pense donc je suis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 00:41 #34

ladyblacksmith wrote:
Since the Match thread was closed..............

'The enjoyment is back!!!!'

and after looking at Tom Bloomer's blacksmithing and going to the Delmarva Farrier Assoc. in July.............I just want to say thank you for the incrediable encouragement!!! What great art work and blacksmithing.
Just looking at the art work just wants me to jump back into the fire and work in the forge!!! I will work on my shoe board and everything I have learned and put it to use. So guys let's put the enjoyment back and make hand made shoes and post them; and everyone, including myself, can learn how to better in the fire. ...........
....... But after the 'HEAT-WAVE" of 100F., please................

Well guys, let's save this thread and show off our blacksmithing skills!!!!
.....................................Linda........................................

Very hot up here over 101 degrees, so if anyone wants to show old shoeing, that's fine...........so any takers on shoeing. I posted about city heads, now E-heads heads are popular, how come?
..................................................Linda.............................
________
TICKETMASTER GIFT CARDS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 03:21 #35

ladyblacksmith wrote:
Very hot up here over 101 degrees, so if anyone wants to show old shoeing, that's fine...........so any takers on shoeing. I posted about city heads, now E-heads heads are popular, how come?
..................................................Linda.............................

My understanding from the AFA Cert is because E heads are easier. The popular nail of choice is the MX-50.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 05:47 #36

  • Bill Adams
  • Bill Adams's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 4185
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Karma: 6
I did not find any letter to me in any of my mail boxes so I must assume that Baron recognizes that all I post is pure as the driven smow.
On this I think we can all agree: Barron has given us a great resorce and dose us a great service.
Thank you sir.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 05:51 #37

  • ThomasRideandDrive
  • ThomasRideandDrive's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Posts: 2514
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 1
I didn't receive it either .... but I presume that "she who must be obeyed" has got really efficient spam filters etc on the PC's.

Having said that, message received and understood....

And I'll try to be on my best behaviour: I recognise Baron does a difficult job - akin to trying to herding opinionated ferral cats!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 15:00 #38

Cyber Farrier wrote:
Since I sent out the letter, I've received over 400 letters of support. And a half dozen complaining it was rude. Why anyone who hasn't posted anything that would be construed as not being civil would think this letter was written specifically to them is beyond me. But that's what makes a horse race....

Here it is:
Recently I've been disturbed by what I sense has been a general "lowering" of the level of civility in the discourse on the Forums. I've received letters from people complaining about it, and I'm getting concerned. The Resource Center is generally viewed world-wide as the best place to ask questions, trade advice and gain knowledge about farriery and hoofcare. But the plain truth is that many people are hestitating to post because they fear being treated poorly.

Prior to the addition of the Political Arena forum, this was never a problem. But since I allowed an "anything goes" atmoshere on that forum, it seems that attitude has spilled over to the other forums, to our detriment.

None of us likes to read posts we consider plain old ******. And admitedly, there are some of those. But there's a reason a "Back" icon is available on your browser. Use it! No one is forcing you to reply.

If there's someone whose posts you don't like, put them on your "Ignore" list. Then their posts won't bother you.

The bottom line is this: I intend to restore the squeaky clean level of conduct and discourse the forums had until fairly recently. I will use my all powerful DELETE button ruthlessly if I sense even a whiff of anything but goodness and light.

Stick to the topic. If you can't, don't post. I encourage constructive critism, for without it the forums would be useless. But be careful how you word the critisism. Build, don't tear down. There's nothing wrong with attacking, literally, positions or statements that are wrong. Just don't attack the person who posits those positions or statements.

Any personal comments, and I mean ANY, will cause a post to be deleted. I don't care how great the rest of the post was. One sentence, one phrase, that is even close to an ad hominum attack will be all it takes. That post will be history.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Now, go on, have fun. Enjoy.

Baron

Barron,did you get letters from Rick B Burton,tom Stoval,and jay perry thanking you for writing the letter?I myself can't believe that Jay perry
would shoot out bold about his 3,000 dollar contribution after telling you
not to tell a single sole about it!!! I guess some people cannot except being unimportant?Now i don't know what to think of Jaye? Do you think Jay could ever keep a secret? It is sad that if you want to know if a person can keep a secret,just listen to what he tells you? I think jay is just a gloryhound myself,
but he sure knows alot about horses~And he sure knows how to put phil in his place.400 letters aye?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 15:26 #39

  • Cyber Farrier
  • Cyber Farrier's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 1624
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
Just Passin,

The only thing saving your post from deletion is that it's in the Political forum. But it is a perfect example of the type of discourse which, in my opinion, has absolutely no place on these forums. It takes a lot to make me remove my "stay neutral" hat and make a comment about a specific post, but if any post (put on the forums since I sent the letter out) deserves to be singled out, yours is it. I'm not going to give it the dignity of a point by point reply, and I hope everyone else ignores it as well.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 16:25 #40

  • ThomasRideandDrive
  • ThomasRideandDrive's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Posts: 2514
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 1
Cyber Farrier wrote:
Just Passin,

The only thing saving your post from deletion is that it's in the Political forum. But it is a perfect example of the type of discourse which, in my opinion, has absolutely no place on these forums. It takes a lot to make me remove my "stay neutral" hat and make a comment about a specific post, but if any post (put on the forums since I sent the letter out) deserves to be singled out, yours is it. I'm not going to give it the dignity of a point by point reply, and I hope everyone else ignores it as well.

Baron
Well said. But oh boy it is soooo tempting! :rolleyes: ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 17:25 #41

why do you let these folk get up your nose with the number of members you have your going to get some that are to out spoken life is like that besides its fun i like someone having a pop at me but he had better be able to do what he says cool it let then talk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 17:34 #42

  • George Geist
  • George Geist's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 3336
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 3
Phil Armitage wrote:
My understanding from the AFA Cert is because E heads are easier. The popular nail of choice is the MX-50.

Phil,
They did used to allow you to have your choice as to what nails you wanted to use. Has this now been changed? Is AFA now requiring E-Heads?
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 17:38 #43

Cyber Farrier wrote:
Just Passin,

The only thing saving your post from deletion is that it's in the Political forum. But it is a perfect example of the type of discourse which, in my opinion, has absolutely no place on these forums. It takes a lot to make me remove my "stay neutral" hat and make a comment about a specific post, but if any post (put on the forums since I sent the letter out) deserves to be singled out, yours is it. I'm not going to give it the dignity of a point by point reply, and I hope everyone else ignores it as well.

Baron
But, to post on this section he/she has to sign their full names. So, the post should be stricken and forbidden anyway, right?
Karen Standefer
Southern Oregon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 18:12 #44

  • Cyber Farrier
  • Cyber Farrier's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 1624
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
You're absolutely correct. Nonetheless, I will let that particular post stay, as a shining example of what we don't want posted.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:taking the enjoyment out 08 Aug 2007 18:41 #45

Phil Armitage wrote:
My understanding from the AFA Cert is because E heads are easier. The popular nail of choice is the MX-50.
George Geist wrote:
Phil,
They did used to allow you to have your choice as to what nails you wanted to use. Has this now been changed? Is AFA now requiring E-Heads?

The AFA's booklet, Farrier Certification Program, simply says that the candidate is to use "appropriate bar stock and nails." Candidates for AFA certification exams should always refer to this booklet for information rather than depending upon hearsay.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com


“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kunena Birthday Module

  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.