make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday June 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Match

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 14:55 #376

Brian Purrington wrote:
I don't know what you meant by adding this to your post, but I comment on farriery in general and not specificaly about another farrier's work. We all have good days and bad and because I know that, I have tried to be careful in pointing fingers at anything or anyone. :confused:

I will continue to comment within my experience and knowledge base in order to first help and second to compile input form other perspectives that may or may not give validity to my comments. In which case I will be further educated by gaining the validity or seeing things through another's experience. :cool:

This forum was set up specifically for that/these reasons. I have had farriers comment on my work both solicited and unsolicited and have learned from it. I welcome any constructive critisizm of my work and or procedures that can be applied in my daily practice. Therefore if I feel like I have something to contribute, I WILL, and if I'm out of line, there will be someone there to let me know.... :eek:

Regards,

well went I was learning; went into a barn, made a comments about a horse with no heels and blacksmith should do something different............
went to the track the next day; my mentor wanted to kill me and stopped teaching me "Go find someone else to teach you!"; I cried, what did I do wrong?....................I had commented on my teacher's work without knowing all the facts. Long story; but "A Rare horse"; you couldn't give heel too!......my mentor was the only blacksmith who could keep that horse sound!
From then I keep my mouth shut, because you never know.............
The topic has been locked.

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 15:21 #377

Without asking questions or making observations, how does one really learn...? Even if those questions/observations are pondered in the mind only, they are still questions/observations needing answers or validation. Those answers usually take some experience to understand.

Your "Mentor" story rings of many others I've heard, but was he (the mentor) really the ONLY "blacksmith" that could keep the horse sound? Maybe just the only one the horse owners had found..... There is always someone better. I found that putting too much stock in one person's skill or ability limits our own development.

Maybe the point wasn't what you said or asked, but how you said or asked it and under what cir***stances it was voiced... Ever consider that?

You sure have made a 180 in your approach here on the forum. You came on strong at first and now you might be going the other way a bit. Balance is good... In all things related to life.

When are you going to post some work??? I'll show ya mine if you show me yours.....
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 15:28 #378

Smitty... your Mail box is full....
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 15:45 #379

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
just cleaned the box now
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 17:42 #380

smitty88 wrote:
Phil is that the lad that is riding with you

:D He gets under a horse with ease. Nice to have your arms longer than your legs in this buisness.

Actually the kid that rides with me is 6'2'. Good lad and a pleasure to have around. He loves to talk, ask questions and figure things out.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 20:35 #381

Brian Purrington wrote:
Without asking questions or making observations, how does one really learn...? Even if those questions/observations are pondered in the mind only, they are still questions/observations needing answers or validation. Those answers usually take some experience to understand.

Your "Mentor" story rings of many others I've heard, but was he (the mentor) really the ONLY "blacksmith" that could keep the horse sound? Maybe just the only one the horse owners had found..... There is always someone better. I found that putting too much stock in one person's skill or ability limits our own development.

Maybe the point wasn't what you said or asked, but how you said or asked it and under what cir***stances it was voiced... Ever consider that?

You sure have made a 180 in your approach here on the forum. You came on strong at first and now you might be going the other way a bit. Balance is good... In all things related to life.

When are you going to post some work??? I'll show ya mine if you show me yours.....

The horse had been shod by the best; but only he could keep it sound; vets, farriers, and horseman alike were puzzled.
If you only knew who taught me, you would die. Bruce Daniels, Jack Anderson, Eddie Warrington, Sonny Conners, Rob Sugafoos, either knew him, or knew of him and his talent. Many others in the field knew of his work, as well, many famous in the AFA, too, including Dr. Doug Butler, and Danny Ward and respected him.
He died over 2 years ago, leaving our 3 years old daughter and of course, me, behind. He was a wonderful person, great blacksmith, dearest friend, and he made me a better person in the long run; and yes he was JHU.

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 20:38 #382

Brian Purrington wrote:

and will see about posting my work; I'd rather show you in person
instead, my dear.

RE:The Match 05 Aug 2007 21:19 #383

ladyblacksmith wrote:
The horse had been shod by the best; but only he could keep it sound; vets, farriers, and horseman alike were puzzled.
If you only knew who taught me, you would die. Bruce Daniels, Jack Anderson, Eddie Warrington, Sonny Conners, Rob Sugafoos, either knew him, or knew of him and his talent. Many others in the field knew of his work, as well, many famous in the AFA, too, including Dr. Doug Butler, and Danny Ward and respected him.
He died over 2 years ago, leaving our 3 years old daughter and of course, me, behind. He was a wonderful person, great blacksmith, dearest friend, and he made me a better person in the long run; and yes he was JHU.

So, why don't you say his name?... I won't die. I have a very realistic view of everyone... We are all human, we are all mortals, none of us are infallable.

Not to be disrespectful, but I know a few of those guys on a first name basis as well. Guess what....? They all put thier pants on just like me, "one leg at a time". Sure they are all very well known and talented guys, and I respect all of them, but I can tell you assuredly, none of them would want anyone to place them on a pedestal. They undestand that there is always someone better.

It's good to be proud of your beginnings, just don't let it be your ending too.

Regards,
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 00:40 #384

Brian Purrington wrote:

You and I shoe differently: What you think is Well-shod might not be in the eyes of the trainers or the owners. In the racetrack world, you must shoe flush. Trainers would not want their horses shod in that style; and in that style or method; you would not pass the shoeing test, not allowed. The way you have the horse shod, your horse would start hitting at high speeds at the track; because toe soreness against all that clay and sand wearing away at the toe. It's why you never take the toe off when setting a World Racing Plate up front. The horse will wear the toe where the horse wants too. Your toe is a no-no!.......unless......... they are the hind feet with "block heel hind shoe, or inter-rim block heeled hind, or a block and sticker racing plate; or a mudder on a sloppy track. Sometimes they can be set back that way; but don't rasp any toe; horse will adjust that on his own. I did that on a runner this year with block heels, he won!

Show-world style, not bad, any more pics of your work?

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 00:41 #385

Brian Purrington wrote:
So, why don't you say his name?... I won't die. I have a very realistic view of everyone... We are all human, we are all mortals, none of us are infallable.

Not to be disrespectful, but I know a few of those guys on a first name basis as well. Guess what....? They all put thier pants on just like me, "one leg at a time". Sure they are all very well known and talented guys, and I respect all of them, but I can tell you assuredly, none of them would want anyone to place them on a pedestal. They undestand that there is always someone better.

It's good to be proud of your beginnings, just don't let it be your ending too.

Regards,

Out of respect of his family, I won't in public forum.

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 00:56 #386

Phil Armitage wrote:

....LOL..............Hey guys........................

So Phil ----He looks just like you, any relation?................LOL......LOL..

I heard he shoes better than you, TOO!!!.........LOL......LOL....

maybe he'll fill in for you at the "Match"........LOL.....LOL....
...................LOL.............LOL...................

Don't cry,......you are the one who posted your own picture of yourself!!!..............LOL..........LOL............LOL....

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 01:05 #387

ladyblacksmith wrote:
....LOL..............Hey guys........................

So Phil ----He looks just like you, any relation?................LOL......LOL..

I think if you trace far enough back he is related to both of us. :D
ladyblacksmith wrote:
I heard he shoes better than you.........LOL......LOL....

Well he certainly has an advantage with long arms and short legs, does not have to bend over.
ladyblacksmith wrote:
maybe he'll fill in for you at the "Match"........LOL.....LOL....
...................LOL.............LOL...................

Is he cute enough for ya? :D
ladyblacksmith wrote:
Don't cry,......you are the one who posted your own picture!!!..............LOL..........LOL............LOL....

Ouch, got a mean streak I see. :rolleyes:
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 01:18 #388

Well....That was certianly constructive and articulate. :rolleyes:
What you think is Well-shod might not be in the eyes of the trainers or the owners
Maybe it is, I have a full book and work regularly with both owners and trainers not to mention a few Vets.
In the racetrack world, you must shoe flush.
I can perimeter fit when appropriate and I dress wall before I fitup.
Trainers would not want their horses shod in that style;
Actually the trainers I work with are quite happy with my work. :cool:
and in that style or method; you would not pass the shoeing test, not allowed.
I'm not a plater so why would I want to pass a platers test....? Then again it depends on what test you are referring to. If that is the case, Ive passed at least one, next year will be two if I can get my handmade pairs down to 20 or 30 min.
The way you have the horse shod, your horse would start hitting at high speeds at the track.
Again... Not a runner, I thought you said you were doing show barns now? :confused:
Your toe is a no-no!....unless they are the hind feet with BLOCK HEELS!
NO-NO, the toe is right on... With as much experience as you have you should be able to tell those are front feet.... Please expound on block heels for hinds, I'd like to learn... :eek:
Show-world style, not bad, any more pics of your work?
Actually this horse was just in training, came with stretched toe poor horn quality from being over dressed and thin soles from too much paring this would be about the third shoeing, he's much better now. Incidentally, he came from the track.... as for more pics, I got plenty. I showed mine...now you show yours.
Out of respect of his family, I won't in public forum.
I respect your position...
Brian R. Purrington
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 01:20 #389

Phil Armitage wrote:
I think if you trace far enough back he is related to both of us. :D

Well he certainly has an advantage with long arms and short legs, does not have to bend over.

Is he cute enough for ya? :D

Ouch, got a mean streak I see. :rolleyes:

He's more "YOUR" relation, than mine............because I'M PRETTIER!!!!

Since you don't bend over very much; it's no wonder your having trouble shoeing horses!!! and s-e-x for that matter!!.....LOL..........LOL.......

RE:The Match 06 Aug 2007 01:23 #390

Brian Purrington wrote:
Well....That was certianly constructive and articulate. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is, I have a full book and work regularly with both owners and trainers not to mention a few Vets.

I can perimeter fit when appropriate and I dress wall before I fitup.

Actually the trainers I work with are quite happy with my work. :cool:

I'm not a plater so why would I want to pass a platers test....? Then again it depends on what test you are referring to. If that is the case, Ive passed at least one, next year will be two if I can get my handmade pairs down to 20 or 30 min.

Again... Not a runner, I thought you said you were doing show barns now? :confused:

NO-NO, the toe is right on... With as much experience as you have you should be able to tell those are front feet.... Please expound on block heels for hinds, I'd like to learn... :eek:

Actually this horse was just in training, came with stretched toe poor horn quality from being over dressed and thin soles from too much paring this would be about the third shoeing, he's much better now. Incidentally, he came from the track.... as for more pics, I got plenty. I showed mine...now you show yours.

I respect your position...
Thanks for that on the family..................

back to what I said You can't on the front of a runner using WRP! you will toe sore badly on the track with clay and sand. I learned from my own mistakes too! Keep that in mind, it might come handy one day.

Kunena Birthday Module

• jimmyoyow birthday is in 1 day
  • Chris Gregory birthday is in 363 days
  • blissy02 birthday is in 364 days
  • CRaja121 birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNY ATTKISSON birthday is in 364 days
  • pipjane5 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.