make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is AFA Magazine history?

Is AFA Magazine history? 08 Jun 2007 12:21 #1

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
I am still waiting for what I beleive is the March-April issue of the Professional Farrier. Its now JUNE and I am getting July issues of other publications. What is going on? Is the magazine history or some kind of joke as a benefit of membership?

Frank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 08 Jun 2007 12:24 #2

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
P.S. I saw a lot of AFA stuff talked about here so I posted here because I can't get any answers anywhere else. Hoping someone can help tell me if this magazine is for real or not.

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 08 Jun 2007 12:59 #3

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
The magazine is for real. The managing editor, Danvers Child posted some very detailed information here discussing the problems that have had to been dealt with in getting this magazine "off the ground". If you do a search here on the website you'll find that thread, or perhaps Danvers will see this and respond in person. Or, just send him an E-mail and he will answer any and all of your questions and address any of your concerns.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 11 Jun 2007 13:09 #4

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Still haven't received the MARCH/APRIL AFA magazine.... a joke and waste of my membership dollars! What's the deal here??????

Frank

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 12 Jun 2007 00:39 #5

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Frank,

Call the office and ask to speak with the new Executive Director, John Bonci. And, on the AFA website, in the members only section, you can post your question(s) directly to the Officers. I urge you to do so.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 16 Jun 2007 04:06 #6

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
No satisfactory response and still NO MARCH-APRIL magazine!

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 16 Jun 2007 10:56 #7

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Frank,

Who have you spoken with and what has their response been?

Thanks.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 17 Jun 2007 01:27 #8

F.C.
If you are spending $150 a year just to get that magazine, you might as well flush your money down the ****per.

IMO the only good reason for joining is to get the convention discount. I have been a member for about 4 years now and it seems like it's gone downhill every year.

I know they are rebuilding, but it seems like to me that if they knew what they were doing they would not have so many members upset and pi$$ed off.

But, then again it's tough to please everyone!!

Jamin

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 17 Jun 2007 12:08 #9

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
jaminkindt wrote:
F.C.
If you are spending $150 a year just to get that magazine, you might as well flush your money down the ****per.
There is a fairly extensive list of "tangible" benefits that come along witht he $150.00, one of the most important of which is the $50.000.00 AD&D insurance policy. I can't get that coverage for that amount of money anywhere else.
IMO the only good reason for joining is to get the convention discount.
For me, there are many good reasons to be/remain an AFA member, including the certification program, networking, the member benefits as discussed, etc.
I have been a member for about 4 years now and it seems like it's gone downhill every year.
Just out of curiosity, what have you given or tried to give back? Written any articles? Been a speaker at any function(from local horse interests groups and on, where you spent some time informing others about the AFA)? Taken advantage of any of the available membership benefits(including discounts on truck purchases, paint purchases, motels, car rentals, etc)? Have you called another AFA member to ask for help/information/etc?
I know they are rebuilding, but it seems like to me that if they knew what they were doing they would not have so many members upset and pi$$ed off.
I don't disagree that there is still dissention, some disgust and some distrust, but lets also remember that the leadership are first and foremost farriers. And they are doing their jobs voluntarily. Every year, the membership has an opportunity to both stand for national office and to determine who is elected to national office. With the advent of the new regional BOD reps system, individual members will have the opportunity to have even more influence on the conduct of business by the AFA. But to be successful, the membership has to participate. During the last election, less than ~1/3 of the members voted. If you voted, you have my personal thanks for participating. If you didn't vote, you don't have "a leg to stand on" or a reason to complain. JMNTBCHO.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 17 Jun 2007 14:25 #10

[QUOTE=Rick Burten]There is a fairly extensive list of "tangible" benefits that come along witht he $150.00, one of the most important of which is the $50.000.00 AD&D insurance policy. I can't get that coverage for that amount of money anywhere else.

I already get that through my life insurance and it's ALOT cheaper.

Just out of curiosity, what have you given or tried to give back? Written any articles? Been a speaker at any function(from local horse interests groups and on, where you spent some time informing others about the AFA)? Taken advantage of any of the available membership benefits(including discounts on truck purchases, paint purchases, motels, car rentals, etc)? Have you called another AFA member to ask for help/information/etc?

I thought my job was to shoe horses not work for the AFA, but what do I know? To answer your question, I have been a speaker at a riding center for troubled teens. I have gotten other farriers to join the AFA. So, I guess I am
"doing my part"
With all the different internet sites you save just as much money on hotels and rental cars. Mabey if the NTRA had a plan with Ford it might help me.

I don't disagree that there is still dissention, some disgust and some distrust, but lets also remember that the leadership are first and foremost farriers. And they are doing their jobs voluntarily. Every year, the membership has an opportunity to both stand for national office and to determine who is elected to national office. With the advent of the new regional BOD reps system, individual members will have the opportunity to have even more influence on the conduct of business by the AFA. But to be successful, the membership has to participate. During the last election, less than ~1/3 of the members voted. If you voted, you have my personal thanks for participating. If you didn't vote, you don't have "a leg to stand on" or a reason to complain. JMNTBCHO.[/QUOTE]

I have voted every year. That's why I have the right to complain!

I do like networking and meeting new people that's why I hope for the AFA, it does get better.

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 17 Jun 2007 16:24 #11

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
With the advent of the new regional BOD reps system, individual members will have the opportunity to have even more influence on the conduct of business by the AFA.

Rick,

Can you expand on this statement ? I fail to see how having less representatives gives members more influence. Thanks

Derin

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 17 Jun 2007 20:19 #12

Sebastian mailed the magazine, and I have talked to members who have received it. It's alive....
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 18 Jun 2007 01:35 #13

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Derin Foor wrote:
Rick,

Can you expand on this statement ? I fail to see how having less representatives gives members more influence. Thanks

Derin
Sure. As Danvers already noted, there are many AFA members who for any number of reasons were not Chapter members and thus had no representation or voice on the BOD. Now, every AFA member will have direct elected representation and because of this, each member has an opportunity to elect individuals who will best represent his/her interests. Before, many representatives put the interests of their Chapter(s) above the interests of the AFA. This along with the unwieldly size of the BOD lead to inefficient management and governance.

With the advent of the new system, there should also be no need for the AFA to have an Executive Committee(and I look to and for the membership to demand its desolution by the BOD, should it not do so itself), that basically is not truely accountable, except perhaps, after the fact, to either the BOD or the general membership.

Every AFA member will now be able to communicate with his/her directly elected representatives which in and of itself, will create both communications and accountability.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 19 Jun 2007 02:43 #14

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the info, we overseas guys got a little wait time to get it.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Is AFA Magazine history? 22 Jun 2007 12:26 #15

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Don't feel bad...still no magazine for me in America...
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 1 day
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • hatcher barry birthday is in 2 days
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.