make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Testing for other organizations

RE:Testing for other organizations 02 Apr 2007 19:16 #46

Thanks George!

I know I ruffled some feathers and your right it was fun.

If you could give me some info on the Union that would be great.

Thanks, Jamin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Testing for other organizations 02 Apr 2007 20:36 #47

Gary_Miller wrote:
Phil
I thought you were retired from the USAF?

If so why aren't you on Tri-Care health insurance. At $480 a year plus your $12 co-pay for office visits you can't beat the deal.

Gary, I am Retired Air National Gaurd. Do not get the full retirement benefits until age 60. Unless things have changed.

Does Tri-Care also cover my spouse?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Testing for other organizations 02 Apr 2007 21:46 #48

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
beslagsmed wrote:
I am sure if I ask any Guild member if I could come and practice with them to pass the test, they would be more than glad to assist me in this way. Right or wrong Guild members?
Absolutely correct. At least in my instance, all ya' gotta' do is show up. I've plenty enough tools to go around and can easily fully outfit anyone who wants to work and learn. Got a big house too and friends, old and new are always welcome.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Testing for other organizations 02 Apr 2007 22:07 #49

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
jaminkindt wrote:
When you bash the AFA. When you bash the BWFA. That to me is saying that "I am better than you" And that my way of doing things are better, and they probably are but I don't think anyone should have anything negative to say about our fellow farrier assoc.
So if one of the aforementioned associations would let you purchase your certification or say purchase one for your dog, we should consider this a good thing? :confused:
Would the Guild assist me in passing their test? NO.
Absolutely incorrect. Well, let me expound on that a bit. Will the Guild help you pass your written, as in provide you with the answers to the test questions ahead of time. Of course not. That would make the test of your empirical knowledge a sham. Would Guild members help you with your shoe display? Of course they would. They would help you by offering constructive criticism and when appropriate, praise, for the work you've done. Would a Guild member show you how to make a modification that was required for the shoe display? Of course s/he would. Would a Guild member make the modifications for you so that you could turn the work in as your own? Of course not. Would a Guild member help you prepare for the practical? Of course s/he would. In fact, when I took my practical, I had never worked in coal before. The only forges available for me to work from were coal forges. While the Guild members present were proscribed from helping me trim the feet or forge the shoes, they were not proscribed from offering me some helpful advise on how to manage that coal forge. Think that would be the case elsewhere?
Why? Because and I quote: "the Guild is not here to coddle, educate, and support aspiring farriers"
While I might have couched it in different terms, the salient term here is aspiring farriers. The Guild wants farriers who already possess the requisite skill, knowledge and ability to pass a rigorous practical field exam. That's why you can't even join the Guild until you have four years of verifiable full time experience. And you will be required to provide that verification before your application is accepted. Compare that to the somewhat "laissez-faire" approach taken by other organizations.
I am all about being the best, well rounded farrier I can be, but just like so many farriers out there I need help in doing that.
Good on you! The opportunities to further your skill and education abound. When you have enough of them, you'll be ready to be a member of the Guild.
If someone from the Guild would like to contact me, I would love to talk about getting the help in need to be certified through them.
The help is already there. The Guild practical is about what you do everyday. When that work is sufficient, you'll be ready to take the Guild practical and you won't need any coaching or molycoddling.
All I was saying in my first post was that young farriers that I have talked to are not big on the Guild.
How could they be? Generally speaking they possess neither the skill nor the ability nor the knowledge to meet the entrance requirements. The Guild has set the bar rather high and IMNTBCHO, it needs to be set even higher, especially on the written exam.

I have, on several occasions, opined to the Guild officers and membership that it is past time to end the grandfathering in of members because of their accomplishments for other farrier organizations. That said, consider this. At this time, there is only one national farrier's association whose credentials are not accepted by the Guild. Maybe you should think on that and wonder why. Or not. No me importa.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Testing for other organizations 02 Apr 2007 23:37 #50

Mr. Burten,
What week can I come and work with you??

Jamin

RE:Testing for other organizations 02 Apr 2007 23:46 #51

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Jamin,
Welcome.
As you go through life you may find that PC atitudes may hold you back or allow you to be run over.
Some organizations are better than others. To be holier than someone else is a good thing. To try and make everyone nice and equal unjustly raises up the lesser and pulls down the best.
Rick, just a couple of weeks ago traveled hundreds of miles to help Farriers improve, and got good reviews.
Don't look for what you can get, look for a place to give to and help and you will be blown away at what you recive.
Myself and a couple of others have been getting a clinic together every spring, and it's a lot of work and dealing with whineing Farriers sucks. As an orgianizer I get to have dinner before and drinks after with some of the top hands in our trade and that is well worth it. Also doing all this extra work for my fellow Farriers makes me holier than, well, thou art.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 01:01 #52

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
please see post 44. May have missed it due to the feed back coming in so rapidly.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 01:06 #53

Thanks I did miss it!

Jamin

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 01:17 #54

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Phil Armitage wrote:
Gary, I am Retired Air National Gaurd. Do not get the full retirement benefits until age 60. Unless things have changed.
I don't know anything about the gaurd and their retirement program.

Does Tri-Care also cover my spouse? [/QUOTE]Yes. The price I gave is for the entire family.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 03:29 #55

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Phil,
Being in the military as long as you were dont you at least qualify for VA medical?
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 03:56 #56

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
jaminkindt wrote:
Mr. Burten,
What week can I come and work with you??

Jamin
Any week I'm working or even if I'm not in the field, we can always bend steel and crack the books.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 06:04 #57

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
jaminkindt]I don't want or mean to disrespect or offend any one but...

I think that the Guild's "HOLIER THAN THOU" attitude is putting off alot of farriers that are just getting into this profession.[/QUOTE]We're only putting them off about 4 years. Are you whineing about it? You're asking questions that were already asked and answered in this thread. Try going back to the beginning and reading all of it.
You say that the Guild is not there to coddle,educate, and support aspiring farriers but I would bet money that 99% of farriers on this site have apprenticed with another farrier.
Are you saying that's a bad thing?
I'm thinking you have not paid much attention to what I said about apprenticeship in my previous posts.
If you only want serious, dedicated, career professionals, then why don't you teach them how to shoe at "your level"?
You're asking questions that were already asked and answered in this thread. Try going back to the beginning and reading all of it.
I would personally rather join an assoc. that offers me some sort of insurance, pension plan, and somewhere I can go to continue my education as a farrier. I think these benifits are alot better than an assoc. that offers a hat and a bumper sticker!
And what do you have to give back besides your dues? What will be your contribution? At what point will you begin to give something back?
It doesn't matter what assoc. you belong to, we are all doing this for the same reason wrote:
Some of us belong to multiple associations for multiple reasons. If you haven't got something going on close to home, you can start an association or organize and promote a clinic in your area. If you want more education, then get together with a dozen farriers in your area and bring in a clinician for a weekend.
Again, NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE it's just my 2 cents.
I certainly don't feel disrespected. I just feel that you're asking questions that have already been answered on this thread. In addition you've got 3 different farriers offering to help you with your education, and my suggestions above about what you can do to get some continuing education going in your local area.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 07:13 #58

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Mike Ferrara wrote:
I hate to break it to you but the guild is in no position to determine what a "fully qualified professional" farrier is.
I'm going to use the word "opinion" because you have not stated a logical fact. So, is that your qualified or unqualified opinion? How do you know you're qulified enough to have an opinion on farrier qualifications? At what point in you career did you decide you were qualified to call yourself a professional? Was it the first day you got paid to shoe a horse? Where did you personally (in your own assesment of yourself) cross the line from rookie to professional? What factors determined your evaluation of yourself and to what standards or objectives or achievements did you compare your knowledge and ability? Did you just decide one day to call yourself a farrier, and from that day forward you considered yourself a fully qualified professional? At the point you decided you were a farrier, what qualified YOU to make that determination? Is it your contention that self referential quantification is social refernetial integrity? Wouldn't that be a referential causality loop?
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 10:45 #59

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
tbloomer wrote:
I'm going to use the word "opinion" because you have not stated a logical fact.
"Opinion" is a word you should use more often.

So, is that your qualified or unqualified opinion? How do you know you're qulified enough to have an opinion on farrier qualifications? At what point in you career did you decide you were qualified to call yourself a professional? Was it the first day you got paid to shoe a horse? Where did you personally (in your own assesment of yourself) cross the line from rookie to professional?

You're so concerned with names and titles. What is unprofessional about a "rookie"? When I was granted a degree from a university and took a job with a corporation, I was a rookie with no on the job experience, yet I was a professional. Mind you, I hadn't taken merley a single test but many many tests, practicals exams, projects and papers over a period of years.

You want to make farriery a profession more like engineering with a single test? That's total nonsense...in my opinion.

What factors determined your evaluation of yourself and to what standards or objectives or achievements did you compare your knowledge and ability? Did you just decide one day to call yourself a farrier, and from that day forward you considered yourself a fully qualified professional? At the point you decided you were a farrier, what qualified YOU to make that determination? Is it your contention that self referential quantification is social refernetial integrity? Wouldn't that be a referential causality loop?

Should we review some definitions? A farrier is one who shoes horses. I am a farrier because I do shoe horses.

Some definitions for professional >adjective 1 relating to or belonging to a profession. 2 engaged in an activity as a paid occupation rather than as an amateur. 3 worthy of or appropriate to a professional person; competent. >noun 1 a professional person. 2 a person having impressive competence in a particular activity.

I am a professional farrier. The US government will back me on this. LOL

As to being fully qualified... Gosh, I don't know that I am fully qualified in all aspects of farriery. Of course, I never said that I was. Are you? Are you going to tell me that taking one test...shoeing one horse, doing a little forgework and one written test somehow makes one "fully qualified". Taking a single test makes one a fully qualified professional farrier? Taking one test can make you a Chicago cab driver. You sure are elevating the farrier trade.

I'd think this was some kind of joke if I didn't know better. The reason this isn't working for you guys is that it can't work. It's backwards. I didn't go to a university for a degree just because I didn't have anything else to do or because I felt that I would be happier with 50K of debt. I did it because it was what was required in order to get the job that I decided I wanted. I didn't go there just for a title (though that's what so much education is being reduced to), I went for the knowledge. They offered more than just a test. You have the tail trying to wag the dog. The guys looking for the work are the ones trying to set the requirements. You want someone to go out and gain the knowledge and the business on their own (4 years experience) and come to you (the Guild) for the title. Once someone has the knowledge and the job (the clients) they're pretty much set and don't need the Guild.

We "rugged individualists" who have managed to get ourselves started doing this, don't need the guilds permission, approval, title or any other such nonsense.

RE:Testing for other organizations 03 Apr 2007 13:07 #60

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Let me try one more way to explain one point I'm trying to make.

When I left school, I wasn't yet an engineer dispite having taken all the classes and passed all the tests. I became an engineer when a company decided that I met THEIR requirements fo the position they needed to fill and hired me to do that job. The degree or any other credential is but one of many possible things the employer might use in making their determination. One company or one position may be willing to take someone right out of school with no practical experience. Another situation might call for experience in specific areas and formal education may be a minor consideration or no consideration at all. There are non-degreed engineers but they are still engineers. The employer determines who is and is not an engineer for them and what qualifications are required in order to begin that relationship and and what is required to maintain it.

Sans any government or other manditory regulations or requirements, one is a farrier when the employer/client determines that the candidate meets their selection criteria. That criteria may include lots of things from formal training, certifications, degrees, work history, reputation, a nice smile, on the spot demonstrated ability, getting along with the clients horses...the clients dogs...and whatever else the client wishes to look at.

Schools compete, in that, the graduates of some tend to be in more demand and earn more than the graduates of others. The Guild, AFA or any other organization can offer whatever cedential they wish. Until that credential proves to be a significant selection criteria, it does absolutely NOTHING to make one a "professional" or to distinguish between the professional and the nonprofessional.

Given the large number of successful non-certified farriers that we have, it isn't they who are unproven. It's these credentials being touted that are unproven. At this point, the burden of proof isn't on all the uncertified farriers making a living shoeing horses to prove they are professionals. The burden of proof is on those claiming that the credential they offer is of some value.

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.