make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday July 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should the AFA turn the national championship and team selection over to the WCB?

es 20 28.2%
o 24 33.8%
eed more information 17 23.9%
on\'t care 10 14.1%
Total number of voters: 43 ( eddiemarcus37 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: WCB proposal to the AFA

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 23 Mar 2007 13:16 #151

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I noticed the Poll results there are several who selected "need more information" however there has been no questions asked seeking information.

If you are one who "needs more information" what information would you like?

It hard to provide information when we don't know what you want.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 23 Mar 2007 13:26 #152

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
beslagsmed wrote:
I know not every AFA member has e-mail, but of those who do why don't the AFA e-mail out an opinion poll and see what the membership has to say? This would give some idea. Or get opinions from the different chapters what their membership thinks.
Mikel
I think it against the "AFA leadership code" to send out anything to the general membership asking for their opinion.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 23 Mar 2007 21:24 #153

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Andrew is doing the right thing in not acting in haste about this thing. To do so would not be in the best interests of anybody. I commend Andrew on that it appears that the AFA has elected a guy who will dance with who brought him.

If it is the right thing to do it will get done in due course. No need for the high pressure and drama.

Also,
Andrew,
You were asked before and you didn't respond so I'll ask again loud and clear WHO WAS IT THAT THREATENED YOU WITH VIOLENCE?

I'm sure if it was somebody on these boards Baron would probably like to know about it.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 23 Mar 2007 23:28 #154

• Craig Trnka
Phil Armitage wrote:
Hey Craig, sounds like you have a good thing going here and personaly I think you guys just need to move foward with it. Build it and they will come. I like the idea that an average joe like me can compete, I might just do that. I enjoy setting up my anvil and trying different things when I get home. Turn on my radio and pop open a beer and just have a good time. Sounds like it would be a good time well spent to set aside one time a year to compete and hang out with you guys.

Phil,
You almost wrote our official song. Good tunes, Good beer, and times. As far as competing goes, everybody competes everyday. You compete with the last shoe you laid on the floor of your shop. You compete with the last time you shod that horse. Just about everybody I know that made it through certification did it for themselves. AA dosen't have a corner on the market for the ten step program or the buddy system. As far as the contests go Phil Armitage is who we feel we need to try and draw in and make it accessable without having to be "in the know". In any competition whether it be bike racing, bowling, or horseshoe making, hard work gets you 90% of the way, the last 10% you get thrown in with the sicko's and the ones that won the genetic lottery, its just a given that they are working hard too. There needs to be more fun and education in the whole 100%. (Not sure if that is possible but that is the goal)

Craig
"I have never seen a barefoot trimmer that was barefoot." Me

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 03:58 #155

• AndrewCJF
J.H. shoeing wrote:
here we go again. I have some opinions about the contest, the AFA, and its leadership. But who gives a ****.

Andrew it appears to me that you called one of my friends a liar. I have taken offense and I will be happy to explain how much when we are face to face.

Sincerly
Jeff Holder AFA#8651 WCB#85
J.H. shoeing wrote:
Andrew

I have only offered to exlpain how you have offended me, face to face. Instead of here on the internet or over the phone. But maybe your conscience is bothering you.

Would you rather here my complaints face to face or are you worried that you might have to actually deal with something then?

George,

Here it is...enough to make one feel uncomfortable when your just discussing the issues.

Andrew

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 05:02 #156

• AndrewCJF
Craig Trnka wrote:
Andrew,
You keep acting like the contest will go away if the WCB takes it over and you never acknowledge my comparison to the FIA and the marketplace?

Craig

Craig,

The FIA and WCB are diametrically opposite entities.

The FIA is a NON-PROFIT organization, this means it members vote for Board Reps and it is 100% financially transparent and accountable to its members and sponsors. The FIA membership consists of the largest companies in the Farrier Industry. We have repeatedly asked you for the financials of the WCB and thus far have been told it is not pertinent.

Correct me if I am wrong: The FIA, as an AFA Chapter, has never attempted to take over Committee responsibility as outlined in AFA Policy. I am specifically referencing the actions of the WCB with regard to the AFT Policy and Rules Committee Policy.

OK Craig, if you really want to save the AFA money, like you say…..will the WCB be funding the AFT? Surely you agree that would be the right thing to do if your proposal is accepted. After all, which has the most educational value to the most people: 60+ people getting ready to go to the convention and compete or 4 people being flown around the country practicing to go to England?
Now don’t get me wrong, I support the AFA Contest and AFT fully and will do everything in my power to retain full control of those collective assets for the AFA. Craig, I just don’t like it when somebody *******e*s down my neck and tells me its raining…..

On that note Craig, if you really do want to save the AFA money like you say you do, then will you be signing a non-compete clause for past, existing and present AFA sponsors? You say you don’t want to take money away from the AFA you want to save them money; in good faith, this should be first on the WCB proposal. Really now Craig, it shouldn’t be too hard of a decision since the FIA voted against the WCB motion.

Craig, is Gary Miller the official WCB spokesman? Is he a principle acting on your behalf? If so, please announce it to the public, otherwise, we are growing tired of his sarcastic non-answers to the pertinent and relevant facts. Really Craig, it’s hard to believe that a 2 year member is all the WCB could find to lead its charge to exploit the AFA assets that volunteers have dedicated three decades of time and energy to developing.

Andrew

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 05:15 #157

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Gary_Miller wrote:
Mikel
I think it against the "AFA leadership code" to send out anything to the general membership asking for their opinion.

Agian, trying to stay out of this, but as to "leadership code".

My email address is published in the directory, in each NHNH since December, and can be found as far as I know not only on this site, but americanfarriers.org and westernstatesfarriers.org

Yet I hear nothing from the membership. If there was a poll to be put in the field then that would be the business of the Ad-Hoc Committee, not the Board not the office and most definatly not the Executive Committee.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 06:03 #158

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree it would be the Ad-Hoc Committee's job to do it. I just think it would a good tool to use and get some feel of part of the membership.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 12:10 #159

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Gary_Miller wrote:
If you are one who "needs more information" what information would you like?
I answered with "need more info" because I think the concept of a competition circuit is a great idea that ought to be explored in the real world. The WCB has plenty experience with forging competitions. NOBODY has ANY experience with a forging competition circuit.

The WCB is plowing new ground with this idea. If the ground is fertile and yeilds a cash crop, then they will have a result with which no one can argue. (Not to say that we won't argue about it just to uphold the fine tradition established on these boards. :) ) AND since they've got the $guts$ to try it, they are darn well entitled to any $glory$ which results from the $effort.$

Furthermore, if the idea turns into a successful reality, the AFA will not be in a position to "copycat" the idea. Because, they are not in a position to "prefessionally manage" a forging competition circuit.

Imagine this; Some day some company might be paying the WCB a big hunk of change just to be able to say they are the "Official Bottled Water of the WCB." OR how about a TV commercial with a blacksmith working in the fire while "she" drips Gatorade-green sweat drops?
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 12:39 #160

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
tbloomer wrote:
Imagine this; Some day some company might be paying the WCB a big hunk of change just to be able to say they are the "Official Bottled Water of the WCB." OR how about a TV commercial with a blacksmith working in the fire while "she" drips Gatorade-green sweat drops?

In the States - a very real and possible situtation. Look what happened to Rodeo. Some advertising guy is going to see the WCB as a great platform for product promotion.

This is a good reason for the AFA to also be a part of the ground floor.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 13:02 #161

• JStamier
Mikel et al...

I am new to this chat board. I'd be interterested in trying to get one of those foreign slots too. I too am trying to get more information. I read the Roy Amral posted do***ent but I couldn't find wher the answers are. Can you help me. Also will this be on TV sounds exciting event. Thanxs for timeand help cant wait to lern more. Jacques Stamier (Switz)

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 13:10 #162

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
What I see is a person who is not a leader, calling folks liars and being called on it. I offered to not bring out any of his "dirty laundry" here on the internet and discuss it face to face. But he wants to slink around say he was "threatened with violence". It makes me wonder, what is he going to do when he is called out on other issues? NOTHING

andrew
if you are afraid to speak face to face with the membership over the things you have said what are you going to do when you start doing things with their money?
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 13:56 #163

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Jeff and Andrew, y'all play nice or I'll have ta spank both of ya and send you both to bed without supper. :mad: If'n I got's ta do that, it's gonna hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you. :o
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 14:04 #164

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Tommy

I'll play nice. But andrew called Jason G a liar about the contest deal and I called him on it. He is just trying to smoke screen his way out of it.

I think the truth of the matter is that andrew doesn't want Craig Trnka and Jeff Ridley to have the contest at all. No matter that the AFA looses money on it and better management could make it a money maker. Just a little chest thumping from andrew trying to show everyone he is in charge and really powerless.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:WCB proposal to the AFA 24 Mar 2007 14:38 #165

• AndrewCJF
AndrewCJF wrote:
QUOTE FROM JASON: It is reported that we loose about 5K every year on our contest, If this is a budgeting issue then it is sad since we have been doing this for 30 ? years.

"Liars figure and figures lie". The educational value of the competition to the AFA is well worth $5,000 and more; a good investment for a not-for-profit company. Ask those who figure we lose $5K on the contest just how much we lose on the lectures....?

Jeff,

THE figure of speech “Liars figure and figures lie “attributed to Abraham Lincoln is grammatically referring to the people that Jason quoted. It refers to the ability of figure heads to take statistics and manipulate them to make a political point. A concept that I am beginning to think you are incapable of understanding. So as anyone that can read or see knows that NO ONE CALLED JASON A LIAR. If you need further clarification please feel free to call me at anytime or schedule a visit, I’ll even buy you a plane ticket so we can work this out.

Andrew.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Brazilian Farrier birthday is today
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is today
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is today
  • Doo Hume birthday is in 1 day
  • NeliaShott birthday is in 1 day
  • Txfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • My2Mares birthday is in 363 days
  • barefoot1 birthday is in 364 days
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 364 days
  • halfmiler birthday is in 364 days
  • hoofwoman birthday is in 364 days
  • Horsegeek birthday is in 364 days
  • michaelgalik birthday is in 364 days
  • Ray K Miller Jr birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.