make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: An Old Timer Speaks Out

An Old Timer Speaks Out 22 Jan 2007 00:03 #1

I have been a member of the AFA for a long time. From the beginning the Association was targeting certification as its primary goal in the Farrier industry. A great number of us who were busy trying to make a buck and keep our families in the style they were so accustomed to that we didn't have time to travel to the conventions or to take the time to prepare and take the certification tests.

I always looked for my Journal to see what was new in our industry and if someone had invented a better nail. As far as the business of the Association, Walt Taylor ran everything from his home. Then the Association membership grew to the point where it could move into its own facilities and have a staff. That's when all the trouble started.

Last year, for the first time I considered dropping my membership. I didn't like what I was seeing with the management of the Association.

Power corrupts and many see positions within the Association as power. In my opinion, that mindset has corrupted the Association to the point it is now devouring itself. So much infighting for power and control. The issue of the Journal is an example of this. Its not the first time someone has tried to control the AFA through the Journal. It probable won't be the last. BUT, the membership own the AFA, not the Officers, Executive Board or Board of Directors. I have always found that organizations with hugh board are incapable of making smart decisions and implode. Don't be fooled about the Journal controversy, its about money and power in the Farrier industry.

I am upset with the AFA. I was lied to by Bryan Quinsey, the former Executive Director, that a proposed By-Law change that I submitted would be submitted to the By-Laws Committee for their review and then to the Board of Directors. As far as I know, no one has seen my proposal and if they have, they don't have the courtesy to respond to it. It had to do with disabled Farriers (Members). If he lied to me, he lied to the Officers and Executive Board.

I am also a retired Philadelphia, PA. Police Office. Throughout my life I have despised liars and thieves and subscribed to the following philosophy. "A liar is a thief because he steals the truth."

In my view, the members need to demand a stream-lining of the Board of Directors and change the By-laws to enable the membership to challenge the decisions of the Officers and Executive Board.

What a bunch of foolishness, mandating only a CJF can be President or Vice President. I have know a ton of Farriers in my life and most were living hand to mouth. None had ever managed a payroll or a large company. Just because they are farriers, it doesn't make them administrators. That's what the AFA needs, members who are administrators and look to enhance the organization beyond testing and certification. If that's all the AFA is, then its doomed. Farriers need a loud vocal voice in every State. Farriers are under attack with legislature around this Country. Veterinarians are always looking for ways to control the Farrier industry and make it law that farriers work for them, not themselves.

I really don't care if I upset anyone with these writings, I have an opinion and its been quite a long time coming. I have tried to participate and have volunteered many, many times for different committee assignments. I have never received an acknowledgment or a thanks, but no thanks, from the AFA Board. This forum is wonderful, if the members read it. If they don't, its a monumental waste of time.

Its time for the membership to elect people who will not stand for the status quo and won't turn a blind eye to misconduct. It is time for a change in the management of the AFA.
Tom McKeon, #583
AFA
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:An Old Timer Speaks Out 22 Jan 2007 01:48 #2

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Tom-TNTenterprises wrote:
In my view, the members need to demand a stream-lining of the Board of Directors and change the By-laws to enable the membership to challenge the decisions of the Officers and Executive Board.

What a bunch of foolishness, mandating only a CJF can be President or Vice President. It is time for a change in the management of the AFA.

Tom,
I agree with you, there is no company or enterprise in the world that can operate and function with a Board of more than 60 people.

The members need to demand a board of functional size and further demand that any member who desires should be eligible to hold any elected office. As it stands now we have virtually reduced the pool of electable members to a group of about less than one percent (give or take a percent or two) of the entire society.

Respectfully,
John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:An Old Timer Speaks Out 22 Jan 2007 11:35 #3

• David Hayne
Tom ...It was with great interest that I read your letter today. Over the last year I have concerns about this wonderful association the AFA in which I am a member off. Your letter seems to have explained to me the problems that have found its way into my Association in which I see farriers arguing with farriers and nothing seems to be improving in the publics eye.

I am reminded of the Gun Club I was a member off...everything went smoothly for the first ten years all work was free and our community benefieted from the club....gave money to childrens groups, churches, families in need etc.

The club sat on alot of money an one day a member who was a carpenter was hired to do one weeks work and this is when things changed....other members felt the need to be paid also...plumber, painter, heck a janitor was hired full time...members who didnot benefiet slowly didnot rejoin.

Then in came the Gun Law Register in Canada...guns where considered evil by many...and slowly the Gun Club ended and now has become a 4 wheeler Club and not a shot has been fired since.

I find Tom your letter may have the answer to redirect or put back on track the concerns of problems with in the AFA.....your letter was my answer in what I see could repair the troubles that lie within. I was going to write the AFA and ask them to go back to the beginning and reach out to the older members who worked so hard to start a Farrier Association that is of great importance to me and my fellow farriers all over the world....we want to be Educated to help our business......

I agree with what you see and say....did you ever consider running in the elections.

The direction of the running of the AFA as I see it can be just as complicated as trying to make a shoe board that would pass...( another story)

The AFA has benefieted my business and my knowledge and I believe that we as members need to listen more to the FARRIERS who started the AFA and I truly believe that the silent majority need to speak out.

Tom thanks again and I look forward to reading more Old timer speaks out and if more new guys like me speak up then perhaps we will and I believe we can get back on track.

My first idea is to have all examiners and testers on the same playing field when it comes to Certification....mainly the shoe board....and that every member should be allowed to run for office regardless of their letters in front of their name.....we are all in this together.

replying with respect.....David Hayne AFA 7600

RE:An Old Timer Speaks Out 22 Jan 2007 12:31 #4

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm not a member of the AFA but I've got to say that having kept track of all the comings and goings what Tom said is absolute sound common sense.

Regrettably a lot of organisations make the huge mistake of having well-meaning technical operators trying to run them and its just not good sense.

An organisation needs to have a well organised small team with specific skill set who can work together to lead, manage the operations, finances and people, respond to market forces and the requirements of their stakeholders as a basic minimum.

You don't even need to know what a horse looks like, let alone be able to shoe it providing you know how to understand your market and listen and respond to stakeholders.

Neither can you operate effiently and effectively with a hugely unnecessary and unwieldly committee. Well you can but you end up with something that resembles a camel - which is merely a horse designed by a committee!

Until the leadership is sorted out and the "stuff" of basic operations, finances and publications delivered as just routine business then there isn't a snow ball in he ll's chance of being able to influence and lobby and make major changes and add value as is always required in today's world.

Our British Driving Society is going through a difficult period too: the well meaning carriage driving enthusiasts that run it have missed out on large government sponsored training grants available to fund the training of more qualified professional light harness horse instructors! And why? Because its a big group of well meaning individuals who haven't got a clue when it comes to efficient business and they never submitted their grant applications DUHH

RE:An Old Timer Speaks Out 03 May 2007 11:12 #5

I would like to bring this farriers opinion back to the fore front again and hope it does not turn into a monumental waste of time.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.