make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EC asks for Ferguson's resignation

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 01:49 #31

I think It's really sad for the AFA that things get bogged down over issues like this when the AFA and membership should be focused on what is best for the farrier industry.When people start slingin mud without facts I find that appalling.What people should be asking is what exactly has Dave Ferguson done warranting his removal as duly elected president by the members.I have a question for everyone.Is there Job descriptions for all the AFA positions.I Would be willing to bet that if there was that the petty squabbling over issues like this wouldn't happen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 02:51 #32

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Phil,
I'm sure everything you say is true about John Blombach. I have no doubt that he is a heck of a guy. However, one need only look at the posts he put on these boards last year to see that he stood shoulder to shoulder with Dave Ferguson in their campaign. Thats all I'm saying. Now I do not say these things to be mean spirited. As I said before I really dont care. All I'm trying to do is to find any noteworthy accomplishments that can be attributed to these guys. So far I see nothing. Last 2 issues of PF Dave Ferguson didn't even write a presidents column. As a guy who writes a newsletter every month myself I see no excuse for that.

Rick,
What you say might be true about the magazine. It does not change the fact that it happened on Ferguson's watch. I have no doubt that this magazine issue will continue to be a headache for them if it like the ED is vulnerable to shifting political winds.

Tom T,
Come on now that was a cheap shot and you know it. What in the world does my beloved union have to do with the first year of Ferguson?

Just for the record for those who don't know what you're talking about the Horseshoers never dumped you guys overboard. It was the Teamsters who did that. Lets not be having any revisionist history around here.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 04:44 #33

Rick Burten wrote:
7) And at least one tester.

You quit after Dave and John took office?
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 12:00 #34

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Brian Ober wrote:
What people should be asking is what exactly has Dave Ferguson done warranting his removal as duly elected president by the members.

Brian,

Re-read posts 16, 19, and 20........if HALF of that is true and in addition to his breaking the law, then not owning up to it immediately is cause enough for him to be removed

you just have to ask yourself, "is this the kind of person we want as the head of the AFA ?"

seems rather simple to me

Derin

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 13:29 #35

T.N. Trosin wrote:
Bryan Quinsey was repportedly circulating resumes prior to last years convention
Tom,

There have been a lot of claims in regard Bryans resignation. I know that Dave stated clearly, even if he denies it now, that if he was elected he would fire Bryan and that Bryan having also heard that did what he needed to do to cover his own rear end. Regardless of the Mr. Ferguson's reasons making that kind of campaign promiss, regardless of Bryan's performance, was simply wrong and I'll lay Bryan's resignation at Mr. Ferguson's feet because of it.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 13:56 #36

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
Regardless of the Mr. Ferguson's reasons making that kind of campaign promiss, regardless of Bryan's performance, was simply wrong and I'll lay Bryan's resignation at Mr. Ferguson's feet because of it.

Ron,
If your claim is true then that's another feather in Dave's cap.
John
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 14:18 #37

Derin Foor wrote:
Brian,

Re-read posts 16, 19, and 20........if HALF of that is true and in addition to his breaking the law, then not owning up to it immediately is cause enough for him to be removed

you just have to ask yourself, "is this the kind of person we want as the head of the AFA ?"

seems rather simple to me

Derin

You might also want to re-read post #28, where Trosin points out that virtually every one of the claims made in post #16 is specious. As for Roy's post (#19), I have not had the opportunity to speak to the Examiners who have resigned to find out their stories, but I've certainly heard multiple versions--both positive and negative--through the rumor mill. As for Rick's post (#20), I'm assuming that he is referring to himself. If so, I believe he quit serving as a Tester prior to Dave and John taking office; at least, I have not seen him working as a Tester or attending one of our regional Tester updates for several years. And, while I think he had some plausible reasons for quitting, they seem to be more related to his effort to make a "statement" about the specific program than to the elected officers.

The questions I ask myself are more along the lines of... Why is everyone so willing to walk away from the "gossip fence" feeling secure that they have real information and a way of fitting it into the big picture? Why do we want to re-hash the charges that were addressed at the mid-year meeting, rather than accepting the Board's resolve to move on? Why do we seem hell-bent to blame our problems on individuals rather than on our dysfunctional organizational structure? Why are we so intent upon dwelling on the past rather than moving forward? Why are we so willing to focus on knick-knacks and paddy-wacks, rather than real, substantive issues of forwarding our profession and our association? Why do we not demand that our collective leadership provide us with better communication?.... I'll stop.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 14:31 #38

• George Geist
  • Master
On the issue of running off Bryan Quinsey as well as several examiners and testers being run off it reminds me of a quote by well known corrupt Massachusetts senate speaker Billy Bulger. He had been known to say: "Show me a reformer and I'll show you someone who wont be back".

I know Mr Stovall loves a conspiracy theory but check this out. If Dave Ferguson was making a cottage industry of doing certifications at his place down there in Maryland, could he have had a personal interest in keeping it under his tight fisted control? hmmmm.

Lets look back a little further, Why was Cadillac style (who provided some beautiful eye candy I might add) replaced by Craig Trnka's embroidery company as soon as he became president?

What other examples could we come up with of elected officers using these offices for their personal gain? I'm sure plenty.

As most of us know this would not be tolerated in a real company. They all have ethics policies to eliminate such conflicts of interest.

For this reason I will ask 2 things of all the candidates:

1) Are you involved in any outside business ventures which could have the potential to create such conflicts?

2) If you are elected will you put high on your agenda the formation of a good workable ethics policy to protect the organization from any such future problems of this nature?

George
Come over and say hello.

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 15:30 #39

George Geist wrote:
I know Mr Stovall loves a conspiracy theory but check this out. If Dave Ferguson was making a cottage industry of doing certifications at his place down there in Maryland, could he have had a personal interest in keeping it under his tight fisted control? hmmmm.
AFA certifications are offered at a number of schools, including Dave Ferguson's. As a Tester in the program, I have worked tests at several of these schools. Dave's is the only one where the instructor left the premises during the testing and did not return until the test was concluded.
George Geist wrote:
Lets look back a little further, Why was Cadillac style (who provided some beautiful eye candy I might add) replaced by Craig Trnka's embroidery company as soon as he became president?
Cadillac Style breached their contract prior to the Salt Lake convention and left the AFA in a lurch. Craig was very concerned about Chris' company taking over as the official clothier. Bryan pushed it, and that's the way it happened.
George Geist wrote:
What other examples could we come up with of elected officers using these offices for their personal gain? I'm sure plenty.
Easy.... I agree that there is opportunity for this and that the AFA should address the issue, but you're stating that these people have crossed lines that they haven't.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 15:36 #40

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
George

George,
Face it, private enterprise is what it is - after all, this is still America isn't it.

Dave has always run a pre-cert program and an advanced farrier course so what's the bidg deal.

As far as Cadillac Style is concerned, they cancelled their contract within minutes of the convention. Luckily, The trnka's were willing to step up to the plate and take the chance and bring their equipment so you would be able to buy quality embroidery. BTW, comparing quality of those two is like apples and oranges - geeze!

No one has been run off to my knowledge and as far as I know everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in their association to whatever level their comfort zone will tolerate. When the heat gets turned up, some stay while others run. The AFA is at a crossroads and suffering from the usual growing pains (some more painful than others) that always occur just before a rapid growth spurt.

Over the last year we have experienced an extensive house cleaning and implemented many new programs, (Chapter liability insurance, and distance learning come to mind). We have two strategic plans in the works and a plan which when adopted, will make the Board more functional.

It takes all the members to make the association sucessful. We hope you will stay - the future is bright.

Respectfully,

John Blombach, Treasurer
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 16:13 #41

• George Geist
  • Master
John,
Nothing wrong with private enterprise. We are all involved in it. It is not without its limits though. That is why people go to jail for bid rigging and other un-ethical practices. it is a line which must never be crossed.

Danvers,
If what you say is true then there is no problem with the examples I named. However, I will say that this is illustrative of what happens when an organization fails to communicate. Perception is reality especially in matters political.

Perhaps you would know then is there an ethics policy in place? If not, why not? If so, does it require disclosure of any and all conflicts?

It is my hope that all of the esteemed candidates would welcome such a thing.
George
Come over and say hello.

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 19 Jan 2007 16:38 #42

• AndrewCJF
Click here to read

Andrew Elsbree, CJF

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 20 Jan 2007 03:54 #43

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
George Geist wrote:
1) Are you involved in any outside business ventures which could have the potential to create such conflicts?
No
2) If you are elected will you put high on your agenda the formation of a good workable ethics policy to protect the organization from any such future problems of this nature?

George
ABSOLUTELY!

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 20 Jan 2007 04:01 #44

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
TRIP HAMMER wrote:
We have two strategic plans in the works
John Blombach, Treasurer
So how come this is the first mention being made of this positive development? Would it have been too much to ask for someone in a leadership position to inform the membership, no matter how briefly, of this encouraging action? This lack of communication is precisely what the membership is so upset over. One would have thought that by now, the leadership would wold have gotten that message.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:EC asks for Ferguson's resignation 20 Jan 2007 04:20 #45

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
danverschild wrote:
Why do we want to re-hash the charges that were addressed at the mid-year meeting, rather than accepting the Board's resolve to move on?
The issue was never brought to the board for a vote in an offical form.danverschild wrote:
Why do we seem hell-bent to blame our problems on individuals rather than on our dysfunctional organizational structure?
The problems are comming from the individuals not wanting to use the organizational structure as it is. No matter how dysfunctional it maybe.danverschild wrote:
Why are we so intent upon dwelling on the past rather than moving forward?
Until we solve the current issues related to Mr. Ferguson there will be no moving forward.danverschild wrote:
Why are we so willing to focus on knick-knacks and paddy-wacks, rather than real, substantive issues of forwarding our profession and our association?
Ask the leadership. Its pretty evedent what the membership wants. Education and marketing. However there seems to be no plan.danverschild wrote:
Why do we not demand that our collective leadership provide us with better communication?.
I thought we have been demanding this very clearly and loudly.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.