make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday July 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFA Exec. Director Resigns

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 00:59 #31

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
TRIP HAMMER wrote:
Rick,

What should be posted on the AFA Website? Mike Nolan's letter to the BOD? I suppose if that is what he wanted, it would be there. Who would have the authority to post an official response to the letter without first discussing it with all the other officers and the BOD, or at least the Board rep?

It's easy for anyone to put anything on these boards any time, whether or not it is hurtful or harmful to themselves or others. Many have posting privaleges on the AFA site and may post Mikes Resignation on their own if that's what you all seem to think is the right thing to do. I don't.

John Blombach
John, Had you read my post for content in context, you would have found that I suggested:
I think that concurrent with the full e-mail being sent to the BoD, a brief statement should have appeared on the AFA web site. Something to the effect of: " Mike Nolan, acting Executive Director of the AFA has announced that he is resigning the position effective 15January2006. Details will follow as soon as the EC and the BoD have had an opportunity to discuss the matter."

This I believe is in keeping within the spirit of Transparency while at the same time giveing the EC and the board an opportunity to deal with the situation.

As for who should have posted some kind of information on the AFA website, well, it could have been Mike himself, or for that matter, any member of the EC. As I thought everyone had learned from the last time things were kept from the membership, it just doesn't work worth a damn. All that happens is that the membership grows to mistrust and distrust its leadership even more. You(the collective) were elected to lead, so lead! As a matter of fact, this is, IMNTBCHO, one time where the President could have immediately stepped to the forefront and had the information posted. Absent that leadership, any other member of the EC could have and should have immediately upon receipt of the e-mail in question, called the office, verified the contents of the e-mail and then directed Mr. Nolan to publish an abbreviated statement, akin to what I suggested , on the web site, immediately.

In case it has somehow escaped your notice, the membership is really disgusted with the type, style and substance of the leadership it is currently getting. You might want to consider that and decide, in short order, how to change that perception and actuality.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 01:11 #32

• chockada
Gary Hill wrote:
Just wondering, who is the webmaster for the afa? Thanks, Gary

According to the logo on the AFA website, the webmaster is a company called Bite Web Design (www.bitetheweb.com).

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 01:17 #33

Gary Hill wrote:
Just wondering, who is the webmaster for the afa? Thanks, Gary
Gary,

While he is not the full blown webmaster, Mike Nolan has been making most of the updates.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 01:43 #34

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks to all! Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 01:51 #35

• Bo Terry
Mr. Blombach,

The last time I checked, the "general membership" elects the leadership and they see to the daily deeds of OUR organization. So tell me, why would any information passed to OUR elected officials not be deemed for OUR use?

Rick,

You nailed it. We are disgusted!! :mad:

Bo

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:05 #36

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Bo Terry wrote:

Rick,

Bo

and we should be........look, this isn't the G7 trying to head off WWIII. it's the AFA trying to take care of business for about 3,000 farriers, give or take

I'd appreciate not being treated like a 4th grader where someone else decides what I should, or should not, be privy to..... presumably we are all adults here trying to improve an association that has a lot of room for improvement

can anyone tell us what is so detrimental about information being made available to the general membership as soon as it is known? anyone ???

Derin

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:06 #37

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
THamilton wrote:
If the letter was not meant vor one to post in public view, then why was it realeased to such persons?

For you to say that the letter was not for Bo Terry to use is not a true statement. We do not kow how Mr. Terry came to possess such a letter (and I am not asking either) but he did.

Tony,

That letter states clearly it's intended audience and it's not you, unless you are a Board member. Since an individual used somewhat dubious judgement and as you say "aired the AFA's dirty laundry" for all the world to see, regardless of whether it harms those people involved or others, I find disgraceful.

If you know what all the cir***stances are and chose not to disclose that information for some reason please let us know otherwise you don't know any more than the rest of us.

John
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:17 #38

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Bo Terry wrote:
Mr. Blombach,

The last time I checked, the "general membership" elects the leadership and they see to the daily deeds of OUR organization. So tell me, why would any information passed to OUR elected officials not be deemed for OUR use?

Rick,

Bo

Rick, Bo,

What part of the "letter to the Board" don't you get?

While I am in agreement with you about notifying the membership of his resignation, he chose not to.

If Bo has posting privaleges on the AFA site....do the right thing.

Please fill me us on the particulars.

John

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:20 #39

sweetbranchforge wrote:
1. Hey.. Where's your name?

2. OK - I might as well jump in here so I can get flamed. I do not often go to the AFA web site and boards until I see something here. This set of boards tends to be way out in front of the "official" site. I have noticed, however, that the worst seems to be suspected of everybody who posts here. In other words, these boards tend to sound like a soap opera where everybody has ulterior motives. There is news to be had, but it must be sifted from inuendo, insinuation, and back biting.

One more post like that bucko and you're outta here

PS- Wassamatta Rick&Ron... Cat got yer tongue?
Don, your killing me, I can't stop laughing.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:23 #40

• Bo Terry
Okay Gentlemen...now that we have gotten all wound up over this post, the question we should stop and ask ourselves is....What or who caused Mike to resign in the first place and what or who caused the big stink a while back over the Professional Farrier, taped phone calls, packages not being sent out yet for the upcoming convention,etc.....

This is what we should focus all of our energy on. Fixing what or whoever has caused all this ****!!!! If any of the enlightened ones have any good ideas or possibly some insight, we're all ears.

JMO

Bo

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:24 #41

TRIP HAMMER wrote:
Tony,

That letter states clearly it's intended audience and it's not you, unless you are a Board member. Since an individual used somewhat dubious judgement and as you say "aired the AFA's dirty laundry" for all the world to see, regardless of whether it harms those people involved or others, I find disgraceful.

If you know what all the cir***stances are and chose not to disclose that information for some reason please let us know otherwise you don't know any more than the rest of us.

John

John it appears someone felt it was OK for Fran to post it on her Blog for public viewing. Mike is poseing for a pic and almost comes across as an interview.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:27 #42

• Bo Terry
John,

I certainly understand what you are saying, however I also understand that murderers are released every day over a technicality.

Bo

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 02:53 #43

Bo Terry wrote:
Okay Gentlemen...now that we have gotten all wound up over this post, the question we should stop and ask ourselves is....What or who caused Mike to resign in the first place and what or who caused the big stink a while back over the Professional Farrier, taped phone calls, packages not being sent out yet for the upcoming convention,etc.....

This is what we should focus all of our energy on. Fixing what or whoever has caused all this ****!!!! If any of the enlightened ones have any good ideas or possibly some insight, we're all ears.

JMO

Bo

If you'll allow me....
We don't have to look any further than the noses on our own faces, boys and girls.
The General Membership (that'd be us) didn't do our homework very well at the last election and we got exactly what we asked for... namely a Mr. Dave Fergusen, furguson, furgeson... whatever...
Think about it.
The NUMBER ONE concern of the General Membership (again, that'd be us) was some sort of health insurance... and you know what? We couldn't even get enough people to sign up for it to make a go of it... however you look at it.. regardless of it's functionality, not enough people showed enough interest to try it out and YET.. .that was the number one thing we all agreed we wanted.
Says a lot for our unity, huh.
Same goes for the pickle we find ourselves in right now.
We have a President who duped us into believing he had our best interests at heart and talked a good enough game to get himself elected. How many HOURS (not days or weeks or even months) did it take for him to start dismantling the AFA?
HE immediately alienated the head of the Education committee, tried to ... and may have succeeded for all I know... to get one of his family members/friends... whatever.. to take over control of PF mag.
People jumped ships or were tossed overboard rather, almost before the ink was dry on the ballots.
ANd while I'm at it... will someone tell me HOW IN THE AITCH EEE DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS we can even HAVE a legal election? I haven't recieved ANY formal notice from the office about who's been nominated, who's on the ballot... etc...
But I digress...
So here we stand.. uh... guys... you all got a little egg drippin from ya'll's faces...
And we want the Rick&Ron Show to lead us out of it?
Now THAT's funny!!!!!!
Time to get a grip and re-group I'd say.
But make no mistake about it.
We (well, I didn't) voted in a charlatan because we voted a name recognition conscious instead of examining the character of the individuals involved... along with their motives.
Shame on us for ... dare I say... not paying attention?
No wonder we can't get quality people in this association. The horse owning public is being serviced... the VAST majority of them anyway... by regular, free-spirited individuals who want nothing to do with any organization.. and looking back over the course of the last couple years... who can blame them?
Don't look now, but there are a lot of people laughing at us.

We may well have to do some real soul searching to find... seek out... the qualified people we need to get this outfit off the hoist and back in road gear.
What a tangled web we weave.

One thing's for sure though: I doubt ANY of you can put this at the feet of Mr. Davidson... kinda makes ya wonder if maybe he didn't have our interests at heart all along , huh..... you know... spending HIS money on us like he has and all..
Don Richardson

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 03:02 #44

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Bo Terry wrote:
John,

I certainly understand what you are saying, however I also understand that murderers are released every day over a technicality.

Bo

Bo,
I agree and I'm as disgusted as you are by the whole situation.

John

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 02 Jan 2007 03:04 #45

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
sweetbranchforge wrote:
If you'll allow me....

Don,

When we look back, hind sight is 20/20. We can look back, but we must think forward.

John

Kunena Birthday Module

• Brazilian Farrier birthday is today
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is today
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is today
  • Doo Hume birthday is in 1 day
  • NeliaShott birthday is in 1 day
  • Txfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • My2Mares birthday is in 363 days
  • barefoot1 birthday is in 364 days
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 364 days
  • halfmiler birthday is in 364 days
  • hoofwoman birthday is in 364 days
  • Horsegeek birthday is in 364 days
  • michaelgalik birthday is in 364 days
  • Ray K Miller Jr birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.