make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFA Exec. Director Resigns

AFA Exec. Director Resigns 31 Dec 2006 17:30 #1

• Bo Terry
Just thought everyone should know.

Bo :eek:

This message is to notify the Board that I cannot continue working with the current President of the AFA, and I am hereby submitting my resignation, effective January 15, 2007.

While there have been problems from the very beginning, recent events have made it impossible for me to continue in such a hostile environment.

His leadership style has posed a problem from the start, but recent events have pushed things beyond my endurance. Specifically, on December 21, the EC met by conference call and, among other items, discussed the involvement of the editor of Professional Farrier in the current AFA election campaign. During the discussion, President Ferguson stated that he had spoken with Danvers Child shortly before the EC meeting, and that there was no problem. Yet the next day, after talking with Danvers about editorial matters, I discovered that there was no agreement, and that the President has misled the EC.

There are several crucial issues now before the AFA’s leadership, including renewed proposals for the re-structuring of the Board, the hiring of a permanent Executive Director, the publication of the Professional Farrier magazine, and the continuing preparation for the Albuquerque Convention. With the first two issues under study by the EC, further debate over the editor’s role in the election did not seem to warrant further discussion. However, President Ferguson notified the EC last Saturday that there would be a call on December 28 to further debate the issue.

At least three members of the EC questioned the need for such a call, and nothing more was heard from the President until December 29. At that point, he called and began making disparaging remarks about members of the EC, informed me that he could and would call meetings whenever he wanted, and that if I wanted to quit because he and I did not agree on the editor issue, that I should go ahead and do so. He then hung up on me.

I was originally hired for 3-4 months, but agreed to stay on because there was such turmoil, that no qualified candidate would have taken the job prior to the mid-year meeting. I gave my notice some time ago, having realized I was no longer willing to be subjected to the abuse and discord which all to common in the AFA. However, at the request of the EC, I agreed to stay on until a new CEO was hired, or until May, which ever came first.

That is no longer possible. Most of my early weeks at the AFA were spent trying to solve the civil war within the EC and Board. I was subjected to criticism by some for what they felt was protecting the President from impeachment efforts. My only goal was to avoid a damaging battle to remove Mr. Ferguson, a battle which was almost certain to fail because of the requirement that the vote of three-fourths of the entire Board (43 directors at that time) were needed to remove him.

The mediation which was held in May was an attempt to heal the wounds, and get back to the business of the Association. In June I thought it had been successful, but it has become more and more apparent that there is a deep split within the leadership, and that I am not the person who can heal it. I doubt whether anyone can.

My best wishes to the AFA. I have met and worked with many great people over the past nine months, and I will remember them., while trying to forget one of the most trying periods in my life.

Mike Nolan

American Farrier's Association

4059 Iron Works Pkwy, #1

Lexington KY 40511

859-233-7411
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 31 Dec 2006 17:59 #2

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
I usually don't participate in these discussions, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. So I must ask:

What are the respective "positions" of Mr. Nolan and Mr. Fergusson regarding the Editor, in relation to the elections? Obviously they were on different sides of the fence. Can anyone authoritatively define what their positions are?

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 31 Dec 2006 20:56 #3

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Again under Jaye's login.

My father-in-law has a farm about an hour west of were he lives. He's rented it out for the last twenty or so years, and just never really looked after it as long as his rent payment came. Well, the renter finally left so we went to check out the farm house and it was in terrible shape.

Conclusion,

The land is beautiful, slightly rolling 20 acres with a 2 acre pond, the house well he decided that it would be easier and cheaper to tear it down, and build a new one, then try to fix up the existing house.

Maybe it's time for the AFA to tear itself apart and build it up all over again?

Dave Purves

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 00:49 #4

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Cyber Farrier wrote:
I usually don't participate in these discussions, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. So I must ask:

What are the respective "positions" of Mr. Nolan and Mr. Fergusson regarding the Editor, in relation to the elections? Obviously they were on different sides of the fence. Can anyone authoritatively define what their positions are?

Baron

Obviously there are, where, whatever, but I think that they would be the only two who could define them and thats Dave and Mike. I think it should be left to them.

Yes I will say that this is the letter the AFA Board recieved, it's a little discourging to me that it is, in it's entirity already on this discussion board. It's further discourageing that it was posted by a general member of the AFA. Not to say that I would be any happier at the moment if a Board member posted it here, but the mischief is done. So be it.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 01:11 #5

• THamilton
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
TN - Are you insinuating that the letter should not have been posted here for all to see? With the past doings of the AFA, do you not think that a timely manner of accurate information from the source be given to the public- In its entirety?

Or is it that the letter was written on a forum which is utilized by horse owners too? They know of the doings of the organization too. Especially with what has been going on on these boards.
Are they the ones that can make or break the AFA, especially if the "benefits of using a CJF for your horse" are marketed? They have a right to know.

Or is it the fact the AFA now has no control over the information being given or used in public?

Tony
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing" Ralph Waldo Emerson

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 01:40 #6

• Dick Fanguy
  • Contributing Member
As a Board of Directors member, I have not received this information officially, but I assume from Tom Trosin’s response that it is a done deal.

If the Executive Director of Disney resigns, it’s public knowledge; there’s a press release to the general public, same if the Executive Director, CEO, or whatever of GE, Ford, or any other company or foundation resigns.

There’s an announcement, people hear it and life goes on. The minute that there’s a perception that things are being done behind closed doors, that general members are being left out of the loop, or that something is less than “up front,” it becomes a big deal.

We don’t need any more big deals. We need to get information out in a timely manner and not try to keep things quiet and amongst a “select few.”

Just my opinion….
Dick Fanguy, CJF
225-315-1100
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong. Mark Twain

No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. William Faulkner

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 01:52 #7

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
Dick Fanguy wrote:
We don’t need any more big deals. We need to get information out in a timely manner and not try to keep things quiet and amongst a “select few.”

well said.........the membership has a right to know EVERYTHING that goes on within the organization to which they pay dues

Derin

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 01:52 #8

T.N. this is not a matter for two individuals. Two individuals do not have the right to destroy our association. We need to know what is going on at all times. This is an association made up of many members, the AFA does not belong to few individuals.

I think the AFA will survive, anyone wants to quit then let them quit.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 02:16 #9

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
THamilton wrote:
TN to see? .....the fact the AFA now has no control over the information being given or used in public?

Tony
The AFA lost control of it's organization.

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 02:24 #10

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Phil, I don't always agree with your statements, but I think you said it right up front .

Put up or get out. It really seems that it is time to clean house.

It is time for the membership to get off their duffs and vote logically and with a sincerely knowledgable interest.
Don't vote a person in so things will calm down. Vote folks in so the organization is run in a proper manner with INTEGRITY AND HONESTY.

Vote for folks who will be there with the same interest and direction to lead beyond this up-coming election.

VOTE FOR FOLKS WHO HAVE THE ABILITY TO DELEGATE, WORK WITH OTHERS, LEAD BY BEING A LEADER, NOT A DICTATOR.

Tom Trosin and others who wish this was still held behind closed doors isn't doing the association any justice.
Tammeny Hall was a corrupt behind closed doors with false public relations and it bled the folks for yrs.
Vote for honesty, sincereity, and people you can believe in.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 02:38 #11

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Seems like there are more "Drama Queens" in the AFA then in any high school in history. Maybe there really is something in that smoke from hot shoeing.

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 04:34 #12

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
T.N. Trosin wrote:
Obviously there are, where, whatever, but I think that they would be the only two who could define them and thats Dave and Mike. I think it should be left to them.

Yes I will say that this is the letter the AFA Board recieved, it's a little discourging to me that it is, in it's entirity already on this discussion board. It's further discourageing that it was posted by a general member of the AFA. Not to say that I would be any happier at the moment if a Board member posted it here, but the mischief is done. So be it.
Maybe if the AFA leadership (BOD/BOD rep,EC) would of posted this on the AFA web site or emailed it out to the general membership. The news would of not had to be broken on a web board.

This just did not happen over night yet it has been kept from the general membership. Why?
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 04:51 #13

Bruce in green.

Tom Trosin and others who wish this was still held behind closed doors isn't doing the association any justice

By what justice as an AFA member and as a President of an association are you doing outside closed doors?

Tammeny Hall was a corrupt behind closed doors with false public relations and it bled the folks for yrs.

I don't understand what relevance that has to The BOD, and others that are working hard for the association. Your statement "clean house" seems very broad. You also used the words "Honesty" and "Integrity"- and the couple individuals i know exemplify alot of those qualities.

My point is i don't know who you seem to be pointing the finger at, but if its to everyone thats not right. JMO

Mike

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 06:12 #14

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Mike

When I make statements it is with the desire to make folks think.

The mention of Tameny Hall era was used as an assimilation of folks keeping information in their own private group and not available to the folks who voted them into office.

The last yr. has been full of bad judgement by a few and allowed by others who should have stood up and nipped things in the bud. (my opinion)

As far as being president of an association and should be inside the doors and not behind them, Just what kind of information do your really think comes here ?
I had yet to be notified (Prior to my decsion to retire and having another member approved by our board to be our VtFA rep to the AFA) by anyone from the folks in charge asking or informing me or my association of anything prior to reading it here.
I can't speak for other associations, but it seemed rather clear to me that if there is a network it is from individuals saying "did you hear this ?"

Yes there are a lot of honorable folks who have been in positions of leadership, but I ask, if all these folks are doing their jobs then why has there been so much turmoil ?

In the begining I asked and sent e-mails to various BOD members asking for any help they could provide or suggestions to update me on how proceedings worked.

I heard from 4.

Only 2 gave and offered help at any time. I only needed to ask or call.
That was John Blombach. the other was Dick Fanguy.
A 3rd person offered advice and left it there.
The 4th so much as said keep your mouth shut and let things go as they are.
Don't upset the apple cart.

I retire this March( hope to find time to fish and ride my motorcycle) as the President of our association in Vermont. ( another member has been selected to act as our BOD rep. so I am speaking strictly as a member of the AFA)

I have every right to expect the very best from anyone who holds an office in the AFA.
As I have a right to voice my opinions and express my concerns if they don't do their best.
And don't lay on me that they are all volunteers. We are all volunteers in our associations.
If you VOLUNTEER to run for an office then I expect the same from you as I would if I was paying you.
If you can't give it your all, to the best of your ability, then don't run.
I have heard folks say, I have a business to run and a family. I would like to believe a person running for an office has already taken that into consideration.

In all of my responces, ( and feel free to refer to anyone of them in full and exact context), I have always been straight forward, but remained polite. Most often speaking in generalization to spark folks to think and see both sides of a picture.

I don't and haven't attacked individuals as has been the norm on this and other boards. I speak to the masses and hope something I have to say has merit and makes sense.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:AFA Exec. Director Resigns 01 Jan 2007 06:35 #15

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Phil Armitage wrote:
T.N. this is not a matter for two individuals. Two individuals do not have the right to destroy our association. We need to know what is going on at all times. This is an association made up of many members, the AFA does not belong to few individuals.

Phil,

I agree with you, it takes all three thousand members to make our association work.

As far as Mike Nolan goes, you all know as much as I do or maybe more, I got copied on the same e-mail yesterday - honestly I don't see what all the drama is about - some Board members and officers want to get more information and have all the facts before they jump to conclusions.

Mike's phone number is on his e-mail, I will call him, I suggest you do the same and find out what is going on.

John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.