make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: AFA's TV Show

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 01:09 #16

NorthBayFarriers wrote:
Dave Ferguson sent me an email this morning and told me that NFNH was "pouring good money after bad" and "not the right thing to do." We have a budget for it, but I guess the board will have to sound off and let Dave & Company know what they want.
RT,

I am not happy to hear this. The BoD approved the budget for the NoFootNoHorse TV program and Dave "The Fuehrer" Ferguson does not have the authority to prevent that budget from being spent and I believe that it is the ED’s responsibility to enable the process of fulfilling the wishes of the BoD, not Mr. Ferguson’s wishes. I am saddened and a bit angered at how easy it has been for Mr. Ferguson to take control of the AFA away from the BoD and the committees that serve at the pleasure of the BoD. I wish you had not resigned as the PR Chairman. I could have and would have backed your going ahead with the project. Who know perhaps unlike those that have been overtaken by a dictatorship in the past, the BoD will stand up to Mr. Ferguson and take control of the AFA as the bylaws anticipate.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 01:22 #17

sorry but who carries this show? Dish? Direct?

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 03:11 #18

Thanks Ron

I too am sad to see it end. I think Dave is just the messenger. From what I understand the EC made the decision. I hope when the network gets a little more coverage they will reconsider.

To answer Andy's question, it is available on C-band sattelite, the old school giant dish. They are also in several states on cable I believe. HorseTV.com is offering the entire lineup on your computer for $6.95 per month. I know they get a huge number of hits on their website daily. It's just a matter of time, the horse industry is much too large to ignore. Start-up networks will often sell subscriptions for lack of a better term and then they can take real numbers to the cable and sattelite providers.

RT

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 03:23 #19

NorthBayFarriers wrote:
I thought we were waiting for HorseTV to gain a larger market share before filming season two. Dave Ferguson sent me an email this morning and told me that NFNH was "pouring good money after bad" and "not the right thing to do." We have a budget for it, but I guess the board will have to sound off and let Dave & Company know what they want. I hope it comes back. There is so much more we can do with it. Ralph Casey has practically made a career out of TV, we are conspicuous by our absence.

Hi R.T.

We need to STOP thinking in terms of just a "TV show". It's educational content to get our message out. Who cares about Horse TV?! It's just one channel in hundreds on Cable/satelite/the web. We still have to bring our audience in to see it we might as well use other advertizing to bring them to the AFA website- IT'S CHEAPER!

The world changes and we need to as well. TV is the past Digital media is the future.

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 11:43 #20

Good point Roy. Put a 15 year old kid in charge of this and it will be a success. Video on computers is easy access and most people have computers at home and work. This thread right here will probably generate more interest just watching the two videos you posted. It is a shame the AFA leadership dropped it, now it will probably gain popularity. AFA leaders need to use this forum more to help them come up with solutions. Simple process, have concerns or questions bring them up and ask right here.

Hey R.T., I think you make a great host.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 14:20 #21

• franjurga
Voice of experience here (and I'm sure RT probably knows all this): The AFA produced the show and owns the content, no doubt, assuming that the production company agrees that the AFA met all the conditions of that agreement, paid the bill, etc. and signed off on any lien they would have.

However, the show seems to have been produced for the purpose of broadcasting, not as a promotional tool.

The distribution rights were presumably turned over to HorseTV, which is now hoping that NFNH will be one of many reasons that people will subscribe to their channel or go to their site and sign up for their paid streaming service.

Conditions in the contract with HorseTV may prevent the AFA from other avenues of broadcast or streaming at least for a period of time from the original broadcast of a segment. (same principle why first-run movies don't appear on TV and why cable gets rights first, etc.)

It's obvious that the show is great for promoting the AFA, but it was designated for broadcast and other usage may be limited. That said, an edited highlights promo version might be perfect for the AFA or other web sites, and drive potential viewers to horseTV.com to pay for and watch the complete shows, if indeed they are offered there.

Broadcast, streaming, and limited promotional usage of the content by the AFA are probably very carefully spelled out in the contract with HorseTV. Owning the content doesn't always give you a lot of rights to use it. And if you have a clip on the content that you obtained from another source (say the famous clip of Secretariat winning the Belmont that we used on the laminitis dvd for the Animal Health Foundation) that may preclude the AFA from some distribution efforts, too, even though they paid for the usage.

Many years ago I worked with NBC to produce a five-minute segment that was shot at the AFA convention for the Today Show. It was great--Johnny Kriz, Edward Martin, and Vern Hornquist were three of the featured farriers so it was historically significant! But the AFA couldn't use it, then or now, or even show it to a group. The limitations were strangling. Ditto for Ada Gates' hilarious segment shoeing a horse on the David Letterman Show.

Best to dig up the contracts with HorseTV and also with the production company (and sponsors?) and read the fine print. It can be a real eye-opener. With luck, the contract with HorseTV is very lenient but they would want to know what the AFA is up to in regards to content under their control.

I hope this makes sense!

Fran Jurga

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 15:12 #22

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Ron;

With all that is going on in my life this week, I occasionally come on to see what is being posted.

I am disturbed by your choice of words on a public forum.
I believe when you re-read your post I hope you will realize it not the proper thing to say.

Dave "The Fuehrer" Ferguson

Each of us, because of our actions cause others to think of us in different ways.
It is our right to feel these things , BUT it is also our RESPONCIBILITY to choose our words wisely when addressing others. The ramifications of the words you choose to use can damage a person more that you might have intended.

If Dave is doing things the wrong way then get the BOD to oust him correctly, or wait until his term is finished and don't re-elect him.

For those of us who remember history or the holocost, any reference to Hitler is as low as one can get. I don't believe anything Dave has done desearves to place him in the same class as Adolph Hitler and the autrocities he committed.

Hell if the BOD is the REAL governing body, and stand up and voice their thoughts, then no one, Dave or anyone else will be able to go against the wishes and established plans layed out by the BOD.
At the same time if Dave or others do things that upset folks but are within the boundries set by the BOD, then it is up to the BOD to correct their mistake.

WORDS are a powerful tool and need to be used with the utmost of care and concern.

Ron, I have said this before on this site, Before I post anything, I read it over and ask myself if I would want anyone to talk to me in that manner.
If the answer is no then I choose other wording.

Ron, A leader is much more than a person who can get a job done. A leader must set an example for others. He is responcible for his WORDS as much as his ACTIONS.
A leader is one who leads. Words can be used to build and word can be used to tear down.

Rick said with in the word CANDIDATE is the word CANDID. You can be candid and debate and even argue till your blue in the face, but when politics become demeaning or rude then it is time for someone to step back and look at himself in the mirror and see if he likes the person he is looking at.

just my thoughts
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 16:29 #23

Mr. Goodrich has been in touch with the office to confirm that the e-mail from Mr. Ferguson indicated there would be no more episodes of NFNH, but that there was a confidentiality clause in Mr. Ferguson’s e-mail which prohibits him sending a copy to the AFA office.

Below are the minutes from an Executive Committee conference call on May 31, 2006. There has been no change in policy approved by the EC on this subject since that time:

Minutes of Executive Committee Telephone Conference Call, May 31, 2006
Participants: Dave Ferguson, President; Bob Earle, Vice President; Walt Taylor, Secretary; John Blombach, Treasurer; Mike Nolan, Acting Executive Director, (AED); Jill Ballard, Director of Education.

5. No Foot No Horse broadcast on Horse TV was discussed. Current results are less than expected or hoped-for. Money has been budgeted for production of an additional series of episodes in 2006. The Chair of the Public Relations Committee recommends that no more programs be produced until coverage and viewers increase; that new episodes not be produced until late 2006, if then.

Decision: New episodes will not be scheduled for production until viewership increases substantially. The AED will begin liaison with Horse TV to try to determine a future course with them, or to seek another outlet.

The AFA remains committed to producing future episodes of the NFHN television show. Any statements to the contrary are incorrect or merely a statement of opinion.

RE:AFA's TV Show 03 Nov 2006 22:06 #24

Thanks Mike for setting the record straight - it's always nice to be able to go back to the minutes of a meeting so there is no confusion over what exactly was said or voted on.

John Blombach
"The work will teach you how to do it"

RE:AFA's TV Show 04 Nov 2006 00:54 #25

Minutes of Executive Committee Telephone Conference Call, May 31, 2006
Participants: Dave Ferguson, President; Bob Earle, Vice President; Walt Taylor, Secretary; John Blombach, Treasurer; Mike Nolan, Acting Executive Director, (AED); Jill Ballard, Director of Education.

The Chair of the Public Relations Committee recommends that no more programs be produced until coverage and viewers increase; that new episodes not be produced until late 2006, if then. (taken from EC minutes)

The ONLY thing that I want to add to this is the fact that I was given credit for the recommendation to stop production. I was PR Committee chair at that time. Please note that I was not present on the EC conference call of May 31, 2006. However, I do believe that NFNH will resume when the network gets more established.

Thank you

RT Goodrich, CJF

RE:AFA's TV Show 04 Nov 2006 06:36 #26

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I wonder if the AFA could steam it over their web site? They would have total control and the site might have more activity if your a member? Best, Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:AFA's TV Show 04 Nov 2006 14:09 #27

Hi Fran! I asked about that angle and was told we were free to use the shows however we want. :)

Mike and John, Thanks for clearing things up a little. It sounds like the proper decision as far as episodes for HorseTV.

But we don't need HorseTV. It's great that we can use it as part of a tolal package of information we present, but why not make the AFA website the center of attention?

Here's Episode 3

RE:AFA's TV Show 04 Nov 2006 15:34 #28

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Ok, whats the trick? I click on download and nothing happens? What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:AFA's TV Show 04 Nov 2006 18:29 #29

Roy,

Great idea! Not sure how we'll do it but will get on it - have you talked with Mike or RT or anyone about these possibilities and how they may be implemented so they can become reality.

John
"The work will teach you how to do it"
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.